Dr. James Duerkes, DO

Obstetrics & Gynecology | Male

NuWave Women's Health 3000 SW 148th Ave Ste 215 Miramar, FL 33027 Get Directions
Dr. James Duerkes, DO
Dr Duerkes began preparing for his career in medicine when he attended the University of Florida and graduated Summa cum laude, or, Highest Honors. He went on to attend Nova Southeastern University and later, the University of Tennessee where he specialized in Obstetrics & Gynecology. His distinguished training at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center in Memphis, where he worked under faculty renowned for their contributions to the fields of Maternal Fetal Medicine and Gynecology, sets him apart. Dr Duerkes is a Diplomat of the American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology and sits at the forefront of up-to-date care, as he manages overall women's health, pregnancy, minimally invasive surgery, even robotic surgery.

Dr. Duerkes' Care Philosophy

Dr Duerkes is a board certified OBGYN that maintains a patient centered approach while practicing evidence-based medicine. He is an excellent physician/surgeon/obstetrician that displays the sincerity and compassion women are looking for.

Dr. Duerkes' Experience

See how Dr. Duerkes' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Duerkes

Dr. Duerkes accepts 6 insurance carriers

Dr. Duerkes is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Duerkes has admitting privileges.

Dr. Duerkes' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Duerkes to family and friends
Dr. Duerkes' Performance
in Hollywood, FL |
Dr. Duerkes came highly recommended during my pregnancy and after meeting him at my first prenatal visit I knew for sure I was in good hands. He has wonderful bedside manners, he's kind and compassionate and most importantly to me, I love that he takes the time to learn about me and my concerns to better care for me. His entire team from the girls at the front desk as well as his partner are all professional and friendly. You will not be disappointed.
in Tamarac |
The best Doctor I ever been too ... I've look for years and finally I can say I found a Doctor I'm comfortable with he is very attentive,professional and courteous
Kissimmee, FL |
Dr Duerkes has been my doctor for years now. My recent visit reminded me why I keep going back to him. I know I'm not the easiest patient and so I'm grateful when I see him and still walk out feeling valued, which hasn't always been the case at other doctors' visits. I appreciate dr duerkes so much and I hope he gets in return just how much he gives!!
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr Duerkes is extremely nice. I never feel rushed when speaking with him. I find him very thorough and detailed.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I am a first time Mom, new to South Florida, and was very nervous about having the right doctor to help me through this. I couldn't have asked for a better Doctor - I feel SO grateful to have been under his care. Dr. Duerkes was phenomenal throughout the entire process of my pregnancy. He always took his time with me answering any questions I had and helping me with any concerns. I felt comfortable with him and trusted him completely. I recommend him over anyone else - he's the BEST!!!!!
in Fort Lauderdale, FL |
Dr Duerkes is one of the kindest people I have ever met. He took the time to listen to my questions and concerns throughout my pregnancy he never made me feel rushed. He was such a calming presence during my labor. I am so thankful that he was recommended to me when I moved here. I tell all of my friends to go see him he is a wonderful doctor who genuinely cares about his patients.
in Pembroke Pines, FL |
I originally wanted to see Dr. Cohen, but he is no longer accepting new patients. This young man, Dr. Duerkes is very intelligent, considerate, well spoken and down to earth. Basically, smart and adorable (I don't mean any disrespect by that). Finally a doctor that has not lost their human consideration with all that knowledge. Dr. Duerkes answered questions and explained things that two other very well respected Holy Cross doctors had left me confused with. The staff was EXCEPTIONALLY nice
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Duerkes is the best doctor! I'm a second time mom and what a difference in experience. He works in an office with 3 other doctors of which I've been seen by Dr. Cohen, and Dr. Catalano, both great Doctors . When I first started going there I didn't want to be seen by anyone but Dr. Cohen but after one appt w/ Dr. Duerkes that changed. If you want a doctor that takes his time with you, never rushes you, answers all your questions, warm and loving towards you then please choose him!
Fort Lauderdale, Fl |
Best doctor I could've asked for being a first time mom. He's young and understanding. I ended up having a c-section and he left me a barely visible scar in the low bikini line. I would definitely recommend him. He's also very handsome ;)
Have you seen Dr. James Duerkes, DO?
Are you Dr. Duerkes?

Compare Dr. Duerkes

Dr. Duerkes says...

Dr Duerkes began preparing for his career in medicine when he attended the University of Florida and graduated Summa cum laude, or, Highest Honors. He went on to attend Nova Southeastern University and later, the University of Tennessee where he specialized in Obstetrics & Gynecology. His distinguished training at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center in Memphis, where he worked under faculty renowned for their contributions to the fields of Maternal Fetal Medicine and Gynecology, sets him apart. Dr Duerkes is a Diplomat of the American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology and sits at the forefront of up-to-date care, as he manages overall women's health, pregnancy, minimally invasive surgery, even robotic surgery.

Dr. Duerkes' Care Philosophy

Dr. Duerkes' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology
  •  Board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology

Dr. Duerkes has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Duerkes' Board Certifications

• Encounters for Normal Pregnancies
  • Endometriosis
  • Gestational Diabetes
  • Gonorrhea Infections
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • High Risk Pregnancy
  • Hypertension Complicating Pregnancy, Childbirth and Postpartum
  • Intrauterine Growth Restriction
  • Maternal Anemia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages
  • Placenta Previa
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Preeclampsia
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Symptomatic Menopause
  • Uterine Diseases
  • Uterine Fibroids
  • Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis

Nova Southeastern University
    University of Tennessee / Memphis / College of Medicine & Surgery
    University Of Tennessee
    University of Florida-Gainesville

Dr. Duerkes does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Duerkes and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Obstetrics & Gynecology
  • Gynecology

• Birth Control
  • C-Section
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Dilation and Curettage
  • Pelvic Exams
  • Pregnancy Test
  • Pregnancy Ultrasound
  • Tubal Ligation
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC