Dr. James Devito, MD

Dr. James Devito, MD

DermatologyMaleAge 56

Dr. James Devito, MD is a Dermatologist in Aurora, CO. Dr. Devito has more experience with Mohs Surgery, Dermatologic Oncology, and Cosmetic Dermatology than other specialists in his area. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Devito to book an appointment.

Dermatology Associates of Colorado - Aurora

Visit Website
Dermatology Associates of Colorado - Aurora13701 E Mississippi Ave Ste 320 Aurora, CO 80012
    • Sat: closed

Dermatology Associates of Colorado - Cara Mia Medical Day Spa - Englewood

• Sat: closed

• Offers Telehealth This provider offers telehealth appointments. Schedule an appointment.
  • Trustworthy Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

More Dermatologists at Dermatology Associates of Colorado - Aurora

Dr. Devito's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Devito

4.4

Dr. Devito?
  • Office environment (133)
  • Explained conditions well (126)
  • Appointment scheduling (125)
  • Appointment was rushed (20)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (15)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (15)
Was feeling confident setting up my initial appointment w/ Dr Devito; especially after reading many of the reviews. Unfortunately, my experience did not go as expected. Extremely rushed, didn't care to ask me questions, disregarded much of the information I provided him, wanted to prescribe me oral antibiotics within the first 3 minutes of the appointment, dismissed my rosacea concern because I'm "not pale skinned, blue-eyed, with blonde or red hair" despite all of my symptoms. I'm a Hispanic Mestizo (American Indian, S.European descent) with neutral beige skin so apparently people like me can't get rosacea. Wrong. Despite knowing that those of Northern European descent are more likely to get rosecea, that doesn't mean people of other races can't get it too. Perhaps by chance Dr. Devito is right that I don't have rosacea, but his logic was outdated and false. Nonetheless, I've been strictly following his other advice and have yet to see any improvement. Will be finding a new doc.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Jun 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Devito, MD?
I have Dr. DeVito to thank for catching my melanoma early.
Mar 13, 2020
Annual skin check
Feb 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Devito, MD?
Dr DeVito is one of the best in his field. I started seeing him in @2002 for skin checks. He takes action when he sees an issue. I moved from Denver area in 2008 and live in Florida now and I still travel to Denver at least once a year to see Dr DeVito for my skin check/issues! If you can get an appt with Dr D you will not be disappointed!
Robert W – Dec 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Devito, MD?
His reviews are full of comments about how thorough he is, but for me he only looked at the one spot on my skin that I can in for. On the follow up visit (to freeze the original spot off) he only looked at a second spot because I pointed it out. Two visits and several hundred dollars, he's looked at 2 square inches of my skin and only because I asked about them. When the second spot turned out to be cancerous, I heard it from a different doctor's office when they called me to schedule surgery
Apr 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Devito, MD?
Dr. Devito is wonderful. Been seeing him for the better part of 10 years. He is throrough, understanding and I am glad to have him- caught cancer very early on twice with great outcomes as a result.
Janet in Aurora, CO – Feb 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Devito, MD?
My husband has suffered from psoriasis for over 15 years, and has been on every type of medications imaginable. We recently moved to Colorado and I have to say- the care that we have received from Dr. Devito has been incredible. He is extremely knowledgeable in his field, and will do what it takes to get the right treatment for you. My husband calls him his hero- because he was the only doctor that perscribed the correct medication that cleared his psoriasis. Thank you Dr Devito!
R. Eskeranli in Castle Rock, CO – Nov 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Devito, MD?
Dr. DeVito is, by far, one of the best doctors I have ever seen. It is a privilege to be one of his patients and I’ve remained a patient of his over the last four years, even as I lived in two different states. He’s extremely knowledgeable, professional, practical, and sincere. If you want beautiful skin and overall good health, he’s your best choice.
Anna – Sep 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Devito, MD?
After seeing the same doctor for almost 15 years I was referred to Dr. DeVito by a family friend who raved about him. I can understand why after my first visit with him. He was thorough, eased my concerns about my condition and made me feel comfortable in my skin (pun intended). I would highly recommend him.
Denver, CO – Sep 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Devito, MD?
I was impressed with the overall thoroughness of the visit and with the care I felt was given to me by Dr. DeVito. I felt like he really listened to my concerns and allayed them with an appropriate course of treatment. I would highly recommend him to my friends and family.
Sep 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Devito, MD?
Most unprofessional physician I have ever met and I am a physician. Extremely bizarre patient interactions-stroking a female patient’s scalp as he spoke to his aide about Netflix marathons and no patient interaction for first 5 minutes of visit. Massive office screwups as well. Claimed to need Medicare approval for skin lesion but did not bother to obtain resulting in two wasted visits
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
May 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Devito, MD?
I had just moved to co and was looking for a dermatologist for treatment of a severe case of psarasis. I had been using skin creams and most recently uvb treatment two to three times a week. I had skin rash from my neck to my feet. Itching, weeping were keeping me awake at night. At my very first appointment with Dr. Divito he looked at me. Told me he knew exactly what I had and he had a treatment. I was so pumped. He put me on methotrexate. Cleared me up in a few weeks. I’ts been over 2 years.
Parker, co – Feb 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Devito, MD?
Since I became a patient with doctor James DeVito my skin has improved significantly. He knows what he is talking about and always answers all my questions. I recommend doctor James DeVito 100%!!
Olga in Aurora Colorado – Jan 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Devito, MD?
Excellent physician. He has consistently met my dermatology needs caringly, effectively and effeciently.
Calvin Neptune in Aurora, CO – Sep 18, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Devito, MD?
Dr. DeVito is amazing- he is caring and compassionate and helped me manage my issue when no one else could! Highly recommended!
Parker, CO – Jun 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Devito, MD?
Dr DeVito is the best. He is efficient and even though he moves fast, he finds precancerous lesions that I never knew existed. I had a sore that wasn't healing and he took a little piece and it turned out it was skin cancer. He cut it out a few weeks later and you can't even see the scar now. He is trustworthy and has great sense of humor. Simply the best!
Jim b in Littleton, co – May 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Devito, MD?
I have been a patient of dr devito for over 10 years. He has treated my skin cancers, helped my daughter with her psoriasis and my grand children with their acne. I trust him to answer my questions thoughtfully and he always gives me good advice. I have seen many derms over the years and dr devito is by far the most capable and compassionate. I would recommend anyone with a skin issue to check him out.
Rachel in Denver, CO – May 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Devito, MD?
I seen him one time, and at my visit with all Drs. I have a printed health history already for them. He didn't take the 5mins to look at it before he wrote a script for my condition. If he did take the time to look at it, he would of seen I have severe osteoporosis and I take high doses of vitamin D and calcium and with the medicine he gave me you can not take it with those. So I wasted $250.00 on a medicine I couldn't afford being on a fixed income. In the future doc, take the time to review.
Aurora, CO – Jan 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Devito, MD?
Dr. Devito is AWESOME! He has been my dermatologist for about 12 years. You will not find a more experienced and personable dermatologist in Colorado.
Westminster, Colorado – Sep 25, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Devito, MD?
I would absolutely recommend Dr. Devito, he's amazing! Having fair, problematic skin, I've been to my fare share of dermatologists, but when I came across Dr. Devito there was no need to look any further! I've been his patient for about 5 years now and I cannot say enough about how great he is! He's thorough, respectful, genuine, polite, and funny; he's a man of integrity.
Fawn L. in Denver, CO – Aug 26, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Devito, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Devito?

No malpractice claims found for Colorado

Frequently Treated by Dr. Devito

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Devito treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Devito treats other conditions, please contact the office at (844) 986-3376.

Mohs Surgery

Mohs surgery is a procedure that treats some types of skin cancer by removing a precise amount of tissue in order to remove cancer cells while sparing as much healthy tissue as possible.Compare with other Mohs Surgery specialists.

Dr. Devito typically treats 88% more often than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures

Destruction of Malignant Skin Lesion
Excision, Shaving, or Destruction of Skin and Subcutaneous Tissue (incl. Mohs Micrographic Surgery), Tissue Transfer

Dermatologic Oncology

Oncologists diagnose and treat cancers of the skin, including melanoma, basal cell carcinoma, and squamous cell carcinoma.Compare with other Dermatologic Oncology specialists.

Dr. Devito typically treats 74% more often than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 11 conditions and procedures

Actinic Keratosis
Destruction of Malignant Skin Lesion

Cosmetic Dermatology

Cosmetic dermatologists diagnose and treat condition of the skin that affect appearance, such as age spots, wrinkles, unwanted hair, and acne scars.Compare with other Cosmetic Dermatology specialists.

Dr. Devito typically treats 79% more often than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 9 conditions and procedures

Destruction of Benign Skin Lesion
Skin Tag Removal

Dermatologic Care

Dermatologists diagnose, treat and screen for conditions affecting the skin, including skin cancer, psoriasis, eczema, acne, rosacea, and hair loss.Compare with other Dermatologic Care specialists.

Dr. Devito typically treats 79% more often than similar doctors

• Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration
  • Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Itchy Skin
  • Keloid Scar
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Plantar Wart
  • Telogen Effluvium
  • Tinea Versicolor
  • Varicose Veins
  • Warts

Dr. Devito accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Devito has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(720) 248-9331Find providers who accept this insurance

Dr. James DeVito joined Dermatology Associates of Colorado in January 2005 and became a partner in July 2006. Prior to moving to the Denver area, Dr. DeVito...Read more

• Dermatology