Dr. James DeOrio, MD
Contact provider for availability

Dr. James DeOrio, MD

Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Surgery | Male

Durham Office 1 DUKE MEDICAL CTR Durham, NC 27710 Get Directions

As a child I loved giving presents. It gave me great pleasure to select a gift and then present it to the recipient and watch their face as they opened the present. Now I get to do the same thing for my patients. Removing patient's pain and giving them greater mobility in life is the best gift I could ever give anyone. I am so pleased I have been able to spend my life helping others and I look forward to helping you.

Dr. James DeOrio, MD is an orthopedic foot & ankle surgery doctor who practices in Durham, NC. He is 69 years old. Dr. DeOrio is affiliated with Duke University Hospital.

Dr. DeOrio's Experience

See how Dr. DeOrio's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. DeOrio

Dr. DeOrio accepts 21 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. DeOrio has admitting privileges.

Dr. DeOrio's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. DeOrio to family and friends
4.1
Dr. DeOrio's Performance
in Morgantown, WV |
Dr. DeOrio performed a Total Ankle Replacement surgery (TAR) on my right ankle in May 2014. Three years post-op and I am doing very well. Dr. DeOrio is a gifted and compassionate surgeon who has certainly made my life better. I would highly recommend him to anyone considering ankle fusion or TAR. He has performed many of these surgeries using many different types of TAR implants providing him with a basis on which to decide which implant would most likely be best in my particular case.
in Richmond, VA |
Dr. DeOrio has been great to work with, he makes you very comfortable and confident. He takes the time to explain what is happening and answers questions so that I understood them. The staff at the office off page road is great as well as the surgery center where I had my procedure done. I drove 3 hours to see Dr. Deorio and it has been well worth it. Great job and thanks
Douglasville, GA |
Dr. DeOrio is an excellent doctor. He replaced both my ankles and fused bones in one foot, and I have had no trouble since. I have done a lot of walking since all three operations and have had no pain. Dr DeOrio is very professional , answers all of my questions, and did further research as to why I needed so many joint replacements. From my extensive research, Dr DeOrio appeared to be the best choice for me and my choice proved to be an excellent one. I highly recommend him.
in Montpelier, VA |
Dr. DeOrio has provided me with the best surgery and care for the replacement of my left ankle. This ankle was badly injured 50 years ago and was causing me much pain and the inability to walk correctly. The surgery was very successful and should last me the rest of my life. He is very thorough and is very pleased with the results. Dr. DeOrio always has time and answers for my concerns and is most reassuring when needed. Thank you for the time and care you have taken with me as a patient.
in BRIDGEWATER, VA |
I could't have asked for a better surgeon or hospital to work with! I have had both ankles replaced by Dr. DeOrio and couldn't be happier. Dr. DeOrio is the best, bar none! Duke hospital and surgical is a tight run ship. Everyone that assists you is most pleasant and all seem like they love what they do. I would recommend them always.
in Middleburg, FL |
Tho I live 500 miles away, I've recommended Dr. DeOrio often. Both of my ankles had suffered severe sports injury traumas - one in the mid-1960's; the other in early 1970's. Ligaments were shredded. Over the decades, joints deformed & all cartilege wore away. Both were major surgical challenges. Dr.DeOrio replaced both. His superlative diagnostic and surgical skills were apparent. I can now walk without pain. I've also appreciated his care in readily responding to questions and concerns.
in Tallahassee, FL |
After a severe and multiple break of tibia, fibula and talus in July, 2014, my local orthopedic doc told me I would need ankle replacement. I researched on line and found Dr. James DeOrio at Duke Medical. I knew from my research that he was the best choice for me and that was confirmed when I met him last summer at our initial consultatuon. He did TAR 11-18-16 and I today was my 6-month check up. I'm doing great. I feel I now have my life back. Dr. DeOrio did a perfect job and I'm grateful.
in Mebane, NC |
My right ankle was smashed real bad in a motorcycle back in 1989 and four years later I feel of a roof and it got broke up again. over the years arthritis set in to the point were i could not put any kind of weight on it at all. I scheduled a appointment with Dr. DeOrio to see about fuzzing the ankle. He suggested a ankle replacement in which I had him do. Its been a year since the replacement. and today I walk with absolutely no pain. And might I add I am a 77 year old man. thanks Dr DeOrio
in Greeneville, TN |
On August 28, 2015, Dr. DeOrio performed an ankle replacement on my left foot. After my first appointment, I felt very confident in him. He and his staff were friendly, efficient, competent, and caring. He explained everything in a way that my wife and I could understand. After a thorough examination, he informed me that he didn't think there would be a problem performing my surgery. The surgery went perfectly. I was never in any pain. I could not have gotten better care.
Have you seen Dr. James DeOrio, MD?
Are you Dr. DeOrio?

Compare Dr. DeOrio

Dr. DeOrio's Care Philosophy

Dr. DeOrio's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Surgery
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• Achilles Tendinitis
  • Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Broken Arm
  • Bunion
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Foot Fracture
  • Heel Spur
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

Mayo Clinic

Completed in 1982

Ao Foundation

Completed in 1983

Dr. DeOrio does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. DeOrio and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Surgery