Dr. James Dean, MD

Neurology | Male

Dr. James Dean, MD
Dr. James Dean, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Tulsa, OK. He is 52 years old and has been practicing for 25 years. Dr. Dean is affiliated with Saint Francis Hospital.

Dr. Dean's Experience

See how Dr. Dean's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Dean

Dr. Dean accepts 12 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Dean has admitting privileges.

Dr. Dean's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Dean to family and friends
2.0
Dr. Dean's Performance
    GOOD
    GOOD
Broken Arrow, OK |
I was referred to him by the hospital. When i saw him he made me feel like what i was telling him was a joke and that I was making up what had happend to me. Then a year later i was in the hospital again for a week and this doctor comes in at 1am I kid you not and pulls up a chair and props his feet on the edge of my bed and asks," so whats up"? This is 3 days after i was admitted for a possible stroke.That was the last I saw him. I would give him a half star if i could.
My father-in-law saw Dr. Dean for several years for Parkinson's disease. The care he received was never good, but toward the end it was terrible. I wish we had switched doctors earlier, but it was too late. When my father-in-law's symptoms got worse & he could no longer swallow the Rx Dr. Dean prescribed, he told us to CALL THE PHARMACIST! That was the DOCTORS job. Thankfully his primary dr. offered to take over prescribing the Neuro Rx so we didn't have to see Dr. Dean any more.
Tulsa, OK |
I was assigned dr Dean in the hospital. He told me I was unknowingly stressed and traumatized as a child. I had an eeg that showed epileptic discharges and he then told me that my seizures were psychological. He missed diagnosed me for months. Finally went to get a second opinion and got the correct diagnosis. See someone else
in Broken Arrow, OK |
We were assigned to Dr. Dean when my husband was admitted to the hospital. Though personable, I had to play 20 Questions w/ him to get any information re my husband's diagnosis. His receptionist is beyond rude!! We waited 1 1/2 HOURS at our last appointment but he didn't seem to understand our irritation when we asked why it took so long. The nurse had to show him how to get around in the computer & he was completely unfamiliar with my husband's condition. We have changed to Dr. Jay Johnson
in Tulsa, OK |
Wait times are long and scheduling is horrible, the doctor himself seems knowledgeable and caring but the rest of the staff is horrible.
in Sand Springs, OK |
Granted the wait time to get an appointment was horrendously long, but I blame the Warren Clinic for failing to have enough specialists to accommodate patients in a timely manner. Dr. Dean himself was friendly, warm, and engaging. He made my 86 year old mother comfortable immediately, in fact she has quite the crush on him. He carefully scrutinized her medical reports and then outlined a protocol he hoped could stave off her memory and cognitive issues. He made her happy and that is worth a lot.
in Tulsa, OK |
Dr. Dean gets zeroes. My dad waited several months to see Dr. Dean. His regular dr. referred him to Dr. Dean & sent all records to him. Information was updated & resent because wait for appt. was so long. A 2nd dr. wanted dad seen sooner but the dr. wouldnt. Dean didn't look at files & didn't mention the 2 doctors' concerns. He changed meds, Dad to return in 6 weeks, best appt was 10. Dad died 2-3 wks later & appt. canceled because of it. Ltr. then came postponing appt. additional 3 mos.
in Oklahoma |
Since being taken over by Saint Francis, wait times are horrendous, I've had my appt. changed twice with only a two-day notice and multiple billing errors.
Have you seen Dr. James Dean, MD?
Are you Dr. Dean?

Compare Dr. Dean

Dr. Dean's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurology
  •  Board certified in Neurology
  •  Malpractice claims in Oklahoma not available

Dr. Dean has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Oklahoma.

Why It Matters: Dr. Dean's Board Certifications

• Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Leukodystrophy
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
  • Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
  • Optic Neuritis
  • Parkinson's Disease
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Restless Leg Syndrome
  • Subdural Hemorrhage
  • Syncope
  • Thrombosis
  • Torticollis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vertigo
  • Visual Field Defects

Univ Of Ok Coll Of Med

Graduated in 1992

Dr. Dean does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Dean and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurology