Dr. James Cooper, MD

Dr. James Cooper, MD

General Surgery  ·
Dr. James Cooper, MD is a general surgery specialist in Surprise, AZ and has been practicing for 18 years. He graduated from University of Arizona in 1995 and specializes in general surgery, breast surgical oncology, and more.

12361 W Bola Dr Ste 100

Surprise, AZ 85378

• Mercy Care

Learn about Dr. Cooper

See how frequently Dr. Cooper performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Gastrointestinal Diseases
Stomach Diseases
Vascular Disease

Dr. Cooper's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Cooper "As as surgeon, I strive to help improve my patients' quality of life using my surgical skills and compassion."

• General Surgery
  • Breast Surgical Oncology
  • Endocrine Surgery
  • Laparoscopic Surgery
  • Surgical Oncology

• General Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Surgery*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• University of Arizona
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • University of Arizona
    Medical School | Graduated 1995
  • Mayo Clin
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1996
  • Phoenix Integrated Surgery Res
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2000

Dr. Cooper has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Cooper does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cooper and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Cooper's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cooper to family and friends

Dr. Cooper's Performance

Dr. Cooper was very professional, knowledgeable and caring. He did a lapraroscopic hernia for me. I am very pleased with the results. He made me feel at ease and answered all my questions. My office visits before and after surgery were a very short wait. Right after surgery he met with my wife and...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I've had two surgical procedures by Dr Cooper and have been entirely satisfied with his expertise. His staff is friendly and professional and will do whatever it takes to care for their patients. I have no reservation in recommending Dr Cooper.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Very professional, courteous, friendly, and helpful staff. Dr Cooper took his time to discuss the surgery and recovery process with me. The surgery went quite well and would highly recommend Dr Cooper for general surgery.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Cooper and his entire staff are top notch. From my initial consultation through my return to work, I didn't receive anything less than the best care. Dr. Cooper answered all my questions and his staff responded to requests quickly and politely. His bedside manner and hand skills are...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Cooper came highly recommended from my primary care physician. First off, I was very impressed with the reception I received from his front office staff. Very friendly and genuinely concerned about my health needs. Dr. Cooper was equally friendly and very up front about my options for...more
Are you Dr. Cooper?