Dr. James T. Cooper, MD

Dr. James T. Cooper, MD

General Surgery | Male

James T Cooper MD PC 12361 W Bola Dr Ste 100, Surprise, AZ 85378 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

As as surgeon, I strive to help improve my patients' quality of life using my surgical skills and compassion.Read more

Dr. Cooper's Experience

96Experience
Match

See how Dr. Cooper's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Cooper

Dr. Cooper accepts 7 insurance carriers

7 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Cooper has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Cooper

Dr. Cooper's Review Details
4.9 based on 265 responses
Experience with Dr. Cooper
Dr. Cooper's Office & Staff
    Under 10 minutes (253)
in Surprise, AZ |
Great bedside manner. Just a great guy. Excellent job on my surgery too.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Cooper was awesome. Symptoms of an inguinal hernia about 18 months ago with 6 months of hopeful waiting. He performed a thorough exam. No obvious inguinal hernia was present but he did observe a umbilical hernia which I didn't know I had. He thought the inguinal hernia was a sports hernia and spent some time discussing options -- surgery, live with it, PT, testing, etc. No pressure. 12 months later, I decided to have the surgery. Great experience. Robot assisted laparoscopy and Del Webb.
in Buckeye, AZ |
I recently had surgery preformed by Dr. Cooper. Everything was excellent, from start to finish. Dr. Cooper explained everything in detail, what would happen from pre-op to post-op. Dr. Cooper was courteous, very knowledgeable and straight to the point. Dr. Cooper's office staff were excellent from start to finish, also! Thank You!!!
in Buckeye, AZ |
in Surprise, AZ |
He was assigned by Banner Hospital to do my emergency Appendectomy. Boy am I glad they did. Dr. Cooper came in and explained what was going to happen. Operation only took about 1/2 hour and I was able to go home that evening.
thiensville, wi |
Very kind and takes his time, never felt rushed. He was happy to answer questions and offer options. Did a great job with my Gall Bladder Surgery, quickly. His office staff are super, friendly and helpful. The only thing that I didn't like was his billing office - they kept saying I hadn't paid a bill, which I had. Took over a year to sort out!
in Chandler, AZ |
First of all, the office staff was very helpful and courteous. They are very easy to get in contact with and will return your phone call asap. And of course, best of all, Dr. Cooper is so nice! He takes his time to answer all your questions thoroughly without rushing to get out. Didn't leave a doubt in our minds of the procedure and questions we had. Even though we live in Chandler, it was definitely worth driving all the way to his office in Surprise. We highly recommend him!
in Wickenburg, AZ |
This surgeon has taken care of me for two different ailments, both excellent experiences.
in Sun City West, AZ |
Had an umbilical hernia repaired. No after pain, tiny incision. Great work, Dr!
in Wickenburg, AZ |
I had a very favorable experience....felt confident and comfortable with Dr. Cooper. My surgery went very well, recovery was short and all is good. I will recommend Dr. Cooper. The office staff was efficient, friendly, organized and very professional.
in Surprise, AZ |
. . . .very accommodating.
in Surprise, Az |
Very good experience. Follow up calls were made before and after surgery. Painless and quick hospital visit. I will recommend!
in Surprise, AZ |
Had emergency hernia surgery. Was released about 4 hrs. after surgery. he used modern methods to repair hernia. At that time I was in therapy for a total knee replacement. Never had any pain during or after therapy including my required 30 minute walks. Dr Cooper worked with me to allow maximum use of my therapy during the time it took for the surgery to heal. Compared to a hernia I had taken care of a number of years ago this was a walk in the park.
in Congress, AZ |
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy. This entire experience (from initial consultation/through the surgical procedure/including follow-up) was totally professional and showed an understanding of patient stress. Dr.'s Professional and Office Staff were thorough, polite and courteous, and everyone exhibited a wonderful bedside humor, which was relaxing in a difficult situation. Dr. gave me the impression all my questions were important and legitimate, and he answered all of them professionally.
in Buckeye AZ |
Everything about the entire experience was positive. He's very personable and I felt comfortable with him from the minute that I met him. He's a nice guy, very easy to talk to, and explains things in terms that normal people can understand. The office staff was very friendly and helpful.
in Phoenix, AZ |
I loved Dr. Cooper and plan to use him again if I need a General Surgeon. He explained the surgery clearly to me and gave me reasonable expectations for recovery. Staff was great as well.
in Surprise, AZ |
Dr. Cooper was very personable. He explained the treatment options clearly and in a thoughtful manner. He helped me feel comfortable with the treatment option I elected.
in Springfield, VA |
Dr. Cooper is an excellent surgeon and communicates beautifully. He explains both upcoming surgery and surgical results clearly and in a relaxed manner that inspires confidence. Surgery isn't supposed to be enjoyable, but Dr. Cooper and his staff have been so good that I am wondering what I might have removed next!
in Surprise, AZ |
Dr. Cooper exudes confidence. From the minute I met him I was comfortable that I was in good hands. That proved to be the case. The problems I had were corrected, and my recovery was free of pain or discomfort. Within days I was back to my normal routine as though the surgery had never happened
in Salome, AZ |
Very friendly, straight talking. My surgery recovery was fast. That tells me Dr. Cooper knows what he is doing.
Excellent doctor
in Surprise, AZ |
Dr Cooper performed my appendectomy, he was great, and really put me at ease meeting with him before my surgery. We had a few questions at my follow up, and he took the time to explain everything to us completely.
Have you seen Dr. James T. Cooper, MD?
Are you Dr. James T. Cooper, MD? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Cooper

• Breast Cancer
  • Breast Lump
  • Carcinoma in Situ
  • Cholecystitis and Gallstones
  • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Parathyroid (Gland) Tumor: Other than Malignant
  • Parathyroid Adenoma
  • Polycythemia Rubra Vera
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Primary Hypercoagulable State (incl. Factor V Leiden Disease)
  • Prostate Cancer

• Port Placements or Replacements
  • Splenectomy
  • Thyroid Surgery
  • Thyroidectomy or Thyroid Lobectomy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

University of Arizona

Graduated in 1995

Mayo Clin

Completed in 1996

Phoenix Integrated Surgery Res

Completed in 2000

University of Arizona

Dr. Cooper has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Cooper does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cooper and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Cooper's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in General Surgery
  • Board certified in General Surgery
  • Malpractice claims in Arizona not available
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Cooper

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Cooper's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Cooper

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Cooper's Care Philosophy