Dr. James Chow, MD

Dr. James Chow, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. James Chow, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Phoenix, AZ. He is 42 years old and has been practicing for 15 years.

2122 E Highland Ave Ste 300

Phoenix, AZ 85016

• AvMed
  • Health Net
  • Health Net of Arizona, Inc.

Learn about Dr. Chow

See how frequently Dr. Chow performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
Osteoarthritis of Hip
Osteoarthritis

Dr. Chow's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Chow "My focus is on soft-tissue preservation and rapid recovery. With advanced training in hip and knee arthroscopy, and total joint replacement surgery, I strive to provide comprehensive care for a wide range and severity of joint disorders of the hip and knee."

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Separated Femoral Epiphysis Treatment

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• Stanford University
  • New England Baptist Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2008
  • Orthopaedic Center of Southern Illinois
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2009

Dr. Chow has no media or publications listed.

• Chinese, Mandarin

Dr. Chow does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Chow and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Chow's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Chow to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Chow's Performance
in Paradise Valley |
Dr Chow is a true expert in his field. The surgery went perfectly & the recuperation was uneventful. Three months after surgery I was hiking steep mountains without pain for the first time in 9 years. As an engineer he has an outstanding mastery of biomechanics and applies them precisely to solve his patients' problems. He is compassionate, professional and kind; truly an outstanding surgeon. As a physician myself, I am proud to acknowledge that Dr Chow is as good as a Physician can be.
in Norwich, Vermont and Sun City, Arizona |
I had makoplasty done by Dr. Chow in 2011 at Luke Hispital in Phoenix. I cannot find enough accolades for Dr. Chow. His competency, ability to relate to patients and anticipate questions was superb. Xrays are done on site. Makoplasty was a relatively new procedure at the time, but now, 6 years later, my knee is still fully operable with no restrictions and no pain.
Phoenix, AZ |
Dr Chow is one of those doctors that may be excellent in his field, but has horrible skills and staff supporting patients. He was quick to schedule surgery that should have resolved a long standing leg pain, but complications set in after surgery requiring follow up plastic surgery and several appointments were cancelled or lost when trying to follow up after. As of date, he is still not available for the follow up.
in Phoenix, AZ |
In April 2013, Dr. Chow did my hip replacement. I was very happy with the results. However after a fall, my pain was back & worse than ever! He did a surgical release of the iliopsoas that provided some relief for a short period. Today, 8/18/16, I researched "pain AFTER a hip replacement" and found out that iliopsoas impingement & tendinitis after a hip replacement happens & can be treated with bursa injections. Over 3 years of severe pain & I had to find this out on my own...enough said!
in Phoenix, AZ |
infection in my knee replacement, had to have a revision. my permanent award on a injury at work was taken away bacause he is to busy making money to show up at my hearing. he would not mention my back problem, he has cost me 750 dollars a month for life,I think he and his group pay me a monthly payment for all the business i sent him before his bad knee procedure. I hope you read this Jimmy and know all the damage you have done to me and my family. William Lammers
in glendale AZ |
HIGHLY RECOMMEND DR CHOW TO ANYONE WITH KNEE OR HIP PROBLEMS. EXCELLENT SURGEON,HIGHLY SKILLED IN ALL AREAS
Dr Chow is THE ONLY doctor I will go to for my orthopedic needs. As a medical professional myself, Dr Chow is by far the best orthopedic surgeon I have ever worked with and had the pleasure as calling my physician.
in apache junction, az |
We are wintering here from Oregon and I started having problems with a hip replacement I had done in 2013. We found Doctor Chow and are so pleased with him and his approach to figuring out what is wrong with with my hip! Well worth having to wait to be seen. The front desk informed us there would be a wait but Dr Chow didn't rush through my appointment! His assistant Bricia is wonderful about returning phone calls and is a real asset!
Phoenix az |
Encourages patients to let him do compartmental knee surgery instead of full replacement. First visit we waited 3 hours. Second appt he brings in 5 students , patients need to know that he is only at the office 1 day per week and that two weeks out of every month he is iff training and his assistant refused to send a simple message/question when he is not in office. Then I left two messages for the office manager asking for a drug my insurance company sent to them, guess what no return call
Have you seen Dr. James Chow, MD?
Are you Dr. Chow?

See our Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Dignity Health - St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center

Visit Dr. Chow

Dr. Chow accepts 11 insurance carriers
  • AvMed
  • Health Net
    Health Net PPO
  • Health Net of Arizona, Inc.
    Health Net of Arizona HMO