Dr. James Chevalier, MD

Practices Nephrology

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 5 after 359 reviews.
Author:
I transitioned from another doctor, and have been highly satisfied with my experience with Dr. Chevalier.
Author:
Dr. Chevalier's patient skills are outstanding.
Author:
very thorough and very easy to understand
Author:
Dr. Chevalier shows dedication and extreme care for his patient. I am very satisfy with the care I receive.
Author:
Appreciate the more active approach in my care.
Author:
I have seen Dr Chevalier for several years - he always manages to inform and reassure me. He takes time to explain, and puts me at ease yet makes sure to follow every lead in determining what problem I may be having with kidney function. I am grateful for his professionalism as well as his good humor!
Author:
Dr Chevalier is an outstanding doctor who combines his expertise and caring into an easily understandable explanation when giving his findings. He is truly among the best doctors I've ever met and was treated by.
Author:
Dr. Chevalier makes these appointments feel like a walk in the park. His positive attitude is a plus and his ability to keep things simple really helps in the process of understanding what it is to live with one kidney.
Author:
The Doctor is very concern with me. Calls me after visits to discuss blood work and concerns. He also gives my other Doctors calls to discuss my other medical conditions.
Author:
I've been seeing Dr Cevalier for a number of years and find him an excellant doctor in all respecrs.
Author:
Dr. Chevalier is very attentive and makes you feel like he has no other patient but you.
Author:
My experience with Dr. Chevalier has been great. I depend on him to help me stay healthy.
Author:
Dr Chevalier is always willing to help and find the best route for you to take. He is always chipper and kind. He cares and ensures you are doing your best. Could not recommend more
Author:
excellent in every facet of the appointment
Author:
my favorite doc by far. Dr. Chevalier is on time, thorough, kind are careful.
Author:
I do not have to wait ever when I come to visit to my doctor Doctor explain everything from A to Z
Author:
Dr Chevalier is excellent Doctor and has great skills in his profession. Having worked as a Renal Technologist for many years I can truly say he is one of the most knowlegable Nephrologists i have meet. On top of that he is very warm and caring toward his patients.
Author:
Dr. Chevalier is truly a caring and compassionate doctor who takes the time to listen to your needs and to work with you on a care plan. He doesn't treat you as a patient chart, but as a person when he sees you. He takes into consideration your thoughts about your care and is willing to listen to your views on how your treatment is coming along.
Author:
great... been 10 years. seen good progress on my kidney levels. was recommended by a friends sisters who is a doctor in philadelphia and Dr. Chev has further made great recos for other doctors for me. been lucky to know him
Author:
I've been seeing Dr Chevalier for four years and i find him to be smart, accessible, kind and sometimes even funny. All qualities i find important to me as a patient with a chronic condition and a calendar full of Dr appts.
Author:
I had a few problems with blood pressure and at one point my liver enzymes were increased due to this medication and now my blood pressure is good and the problem with the enzymes was fixed. He motivated me to lose weight plus medication which significantly lowered my blood pressure.
Author:
Dr. C is an awesome physician. i trust and value his opinion and expertise. Very knoiwledgeable and provides honest response.
Author:
i was nervous going into my appointment and Dr chevalier made me comfortable and answered all my questions thoroughly it was a wonderful experience
excelente
Author:
Dr Chevalier has been my kidney Doctor from 2007. He has always been available and open notwithstanding my work moves to both London and California. He is always on time, with great manners and he does take the time to explain issues and go through test and treatment option. I could not be happier with the care I am receiving .
Author:
I have been seeing Dr. Chevalier since 2015. He is always prompt, personable and professional. He goes above and beyond the baseline explanation of blood results to ensure that I fully understand any results. He is easy to reach when I need him to obtain results or to talk to him. I don't think I could do any better with anyone else!
Author:
direct, clear communications. integrates well with other providers.
Author:
ive seen dr. chevalier for a few years now and he is definitely a doctor who cares. he always makes sure i am given all the right information and really seems to care about his patients. it makes going to the doctor much more relieving because sometimes it can be a scary ordeal. i would never want to see a different nephrologist
Author:
I have been under Dr. Chevalier's care for over 4 years and he is prompt, personable and always puts my mind at ease about my health and long-term prognosis of my kidney disease. I appreciate his expertise and, despite the many patients under his care, personalized attention to me during our visits.
Author:
he explains everything really good, i felt comfortable being his patient.
Author:
An unexplained kidney injury put me in the hospital in Pittsburgh in January, 3 months after a valve replacement. It felt like a scary, freak accident, and my PCP mishandled the diagnosis. I was thankful, once I was out of the woods, to find a nephrologist I trust back in New York, and I found that in Dr. Chevalier. I feel I am in safe hands moving forward. Thank you, Dr. Chevalier.
Author:
dr. is doing very good we are more intertained and so the patient feels refreshed and well. we feel like family.
Author:
wonderful doctor. always happy to see him
Author:
Dr. Chevalier is always very friendly, attentive, and willing to explain complex medical issues. I always look forward to my yearly visits!
Author:
I was diagnosed with a chronic disease and Dr. Chevalier makes me feel so well taken care of and in excellent medical hands. He is approachable and takes a lot of time at his appointments to cover any questions or concerns. I feel very confident in his care and am so happy to have found him. Thank you very much!
Author:
Dr Chevalier, always greets me with a smile. He is very knowledgeable and takes the time to address my questions and concerns. Although I no longer live in the city, I will commute to see him.
Author:
I've been seeing Dr. Chevalier for many years. He's always been a great physician and trustworthy, thorough medical practitioner.
Author:
Dr Chevalier is kind, compassionate and extremely knowledgeable. Always a pleasure!
Author:
I simple adore this man & Doctor! I was & am blessed to be in his care. Thank you
Author:
After seeing several specialists he was the only doctor to figure out physiologically what was going on with my unusual symptoms. He has carefully listened to my descriptions of symptoms, observed them, and explained treatment, diet and life style changes. His attitude is professional, very informed and respectful of the patient. His diagnosis and treatment has made a real difference in the quality of my life.
Author:
Overall, a positive experience. Doctor was very thoughtful.
Author:
doctor chevalier is a true professional and a credit to rogosin institute
Author:
Dr.Chevalier is extremely kind and patient. He follows up with his patients and calls them with their test results as promised. He explains in detail your diagnosis and treatment options.
Author:
Dr Chevalier is the epitome of a physician who is a role model when you think of one who is at the top of his field. when i first met him my previous doctor gave me a dire health future. Dr Chevalier bought my years into such a better place. i cannot give him higher praise. An honorable mention to Floralba who treats me with such a gentle touch
Author:
Seldom does one encounter a physician like Dr. Chevalier. He is kind, patient, attentive, and incredibly knowledgable. He listens carefully, offers poignant insight, and strategizes with the patient to come up with the most practical solution for our needs. He's been my "cheerleader" since I've been seeing him and I always leave his office more hopeful than I walk in. More doctors should take a page from his book, and learn to provide the kind of quality care he does.
Author:
Dr. Chevalier is very attentive and caring. I would recommend him to anyone who is in need of an excellent doctor.
Author:
from changing to Dr. Chevalier he has been a lot of help and also willing to go above and beyond
Author:
It is always a pleasure to talk to the doctor here. He is helpful and polite and is well intended always.
Author:
the dr. is informative and explains everything as he goes along.
Author:
Dr. Chevalier is the best! I knew I was in good hands from my 1st visit. He is patient, informative and caring. I am super happy with the care I am receiving!