Dr. James Charles, MD

Dr. James Charles, MD

Clinical Neurophysiology  ·
Dr. James Charles, MD is a clinical neurophysiologist in North Bergen, NJ and has been practicing for 36 years. He graduated from Umdnj--New Jersey Medical School in 1978 and specializes in clinical neurophysiology and neurology.Read his story

8841 Kennedy Blvd

North Bergen, NJ 07047

• Amerihealth
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • MagnaCare
  • Medicare

Learn about Dr. Charles

See how frequently Dr. Charles performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Migraine
All Headaches (incl. Migraine)
Confusion

Dr. Charles's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Charles' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Charles "addiionally certified by ucns headache medicine in addition to certification in clinical neurophysiology, ELEctrodiagnostic medicine, and neurology. "

This content was provided by Dr. Charles "As a board certified NEUROLOGIST with added certifcation in HEADACHE MEDICINE, and board certified in CLINICAL NEUROPHYSIOLOGY, I bring the highest performance of a university level of practice to the Bergen/Hudson Community in a warm and caring setting. Our office staff are extremely professional,and helpful. Visit my website www.jamesacharlesmd. com and also view the Holy Name Hospital and Medical center video where I explain the sucess of the first and only Headache Treatment center in NJ."

• Clinical Neurophysiology
  • Neurology

• Clinical Neurophysiology
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*
  • Neurology
    Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• St. Peter's College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1974
  • Umdnj--New Jersey Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated 1978
  • Hackensack Med Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1979
  • UMDNJ
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1982

Dr. Charles has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Charles does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Charles and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Charles' Reviews

2.9
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Charles to family and friends

Dr. Charles' Performance

GOOD

I had been to many neurologists who told me that I was anxious. Dr Charles had correctly diagnosed multiple sclerosis. He prescribed the correct disease modifying treatment for me. If it were not for Dr Charles, I would be in a wheelchair.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
STAY AWAY ! This doctor gave me a medication that almost killed me. I was in ICU for 4 weeks. Please read the reviews !! He should not be practicing medicine.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I would NEVER recommend James Charles to my family, friends, or my worst enemy.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Wouldn’t listen to anything I had to say kept on medicating me with antiperspirants for years. My condition kept on getting worse. I kept on asking him to look at my servical mri he refused. I had a huge herniation at c5/6 for 13 years that almost left me dead from pain. I finally took myself to a...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Best doctor you will find for migraines. Will always focus on patients not whoever is with them, and is so knowledgeable that he has diagnosed me with things other neurologists have looked past.