Dr. James Chappuis F A C S, MD

Dr. James Chappuis F A C S, MD

Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |
I want our patients to feel that we are practicing medicine the way it used to be, with the care and attention to detail that is often lost in today's mega practices. Dr. James L. Chappuis has been certified by the American Board of Spine Surgery and the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons for 25 years. Dr. Chappuis is also a Fellow, American College of Surgeons (F.A.C.S). Dr. Chappuis was voted Atlanta "Top Doc" by Atlanta Magazine 2014 and 2015 Edition.

3161 Howell Mill Rd NW Ste 400

Atlanta, GA 30327

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia
  • Bluegrass Family Health

Learn about Dr. Chappuis F A C S

Dr. Chappuis F A C S' Experience

Dr. Chappuis F A C S' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  • Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

This content was provided by Dr. Chappuis F A C S "Dr. James L. Chappuis has a passion for helping patients to recover from debilitating spinal disorders using the latest surgical technology. For conditions which do not warrant surgery, Dr. Chappuis believes in the merging of customary medical techniques with complementary and holistic options to provide patients with the greatest chance to heal and recover."

• Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Lupus
  • Neck Bone Trauma
  • Neck Injuries
  • Neck Pain
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Pathological Spine Fracture

• Cervical Disc Replacement
  • Cervical Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Failed Back Surgery Revision
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Disc Replacement
  • Lumbar Fusion
  • Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
  • Minimally Invasive Surgery
  • Revision of Arthroplasty Surgery
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Surgery
  • Spine and Back Procedures

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• University Of Toledo
  • Methodist Hsp Central Unit
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1982
  • Klinikum Karlsbad Langensteinbach
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1998

Dr. Chappuis F A C S has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Chappuis F A C S does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Chappuis F A C S and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Chappuis F A C S' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Chappuis F A C S to family and friends
Dr. Chappuis F A C S' Performance
in Jonesboro |
I am very Happy with taking the time to meet Chappuis. He was very honest and professional about my back Pain.. I was confused about what steps to take and should I have surgery and he made sure I made the best one.. this is a wonderful office and very professional I love them and haven't had my surgery yet... I'm waiting for this exciting moment
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr Chappuis is amazing he really does try to help you
in Atlanta, GA |
Excellent staff and service. Very knowledgeable of condition. I feel better already.
in Atlanta, GA |
Very nice and helpful ppl they helped me alot
Atlanta, GA |
Being hurt is the worse...being taken care of by the entire staff here! From Jennifer serving paperwork (in an organized manner) with a smile and a delightful attitude...to Albert who did it all. Albert asked routine questions with acertain customized demeanor that didn't make me feel like just another patient. X-rays and vitals were taken by Albert, quickly and professionally. NP Tan was also great and very informative, my evaluation was thorough and I'm leaving with a plan of healing
in Atlanta, GA |
Thank you to Dr. Chappuis for the care that you give! I couldn't have asked for a better outcome!
in Woodstock Ga |
Best in his field. Did not feel rushed at all.
in Atlanta, GA |
Able to talk to me like I'm a friend and explain complex medical issues in a way that I can understand. Worth the wait x 100!!!
Best ortho practice in Georgia
in Buford, GA |
I went to his office twice and I was seen by two different practitioners. To me this was a big disappointment, I expected to be seen by him and diagnosed by him. The clinic is too big for him, so he has teams of medical staff that basically performs triage on you and depending on your condition you may be seen by Dr, Chappuis. The insurance claims process was a disaster, 3 MRI, almost $ 9000.00 was declined by BCBS, it took me 3 weeks to contact right person to correct the claims. DON'T go there
in Stone Mountain GA |
I can't begin to tell you how happy I am with Dr. Julio Petilon. This surgeon and co-worker with Dr Chappuis has a great, professional personality. He'll answer any & all questions and concerns in an understanding way. I've never felt so cared for before. Highly recommended!
in Decatur, GA |
Dr. Carroll Cooper is amazing. Great bedside manner, active listener and has a great healthcare team. I would recommend Dr. Chappus and Dr. Cooper.
in Atlanta, GA |
Great doctor and amazing surgeon. He worked on my back after I had problems from a previous surgery.
in Smyrna, GA |
These guys are so professional and the best at what they do. From arrival, Jennifer was so warm and friendly. Albert made me feel so at ease and gives shots (free of pain ) ?? trust me this is very important for me. I'm so afraid of needles. Alex assessed my symptoms and made recommendations to begin treatment so I begin feeling better right away. I just know they're going to take great care of me. Thanks ?? guys for a great customer service experience. I'm looking forward to seeing you all aga
in Dacula, GA |
When you want the best surgeon to give you the best solution, I would suggest that you talk with Dr. Chappuis. His staff is remarkable. The experience is neither stressful nor disappointing. From the facility to the doctor and staff, you can not ask for anything better. I am really glad I have chosen Dr. Chappuis for my surgery. I have been to other doctors who try to hide my condition, Dr. Chappuis showed me my MRI and explained it well.
in Covingto |
Great ex6
Atlanta, GA |
I had been dealing with excruciating pain for over a yr seeing doctors who just masked the problem. Now after seeing dr chappuis and team i can finally do the things ive been missing out on with my family.
in Decatur, GA |
Team of people HELPING you right from the second you step into the office. Fast service, even when they are busy with other patients. Dr. Chappuis listened to my concerns and allowed me to put in my opinion in treatment without pressuring me into one thing. That is so important to me. I left with a plan of action and felt great. I also witnessed his receptionist taking time out of her very busy workload to warm up a baby bottle for a patient in the lobby. These people are awesome.
in Athens, GA |
Kind and compassionate, expert in his subject matter and outstanding community visionary.
Gainesville, GA |
Have spent 13 years of life dealing with multiple back issues as a result from a car accident, seeing multiple doctors, having multiple back surgeries, proceedures, and continued complications. The last 3 years, I have been with SpineCenter ATL and have recieved excellent care, my residual problems were identified in the first visit by Dr. Chappuis-this team of doctors has helped get me to a place of living rather than just surviving day-to-day. Forever will be thankful for this team and Dr. C!
Atlanta, GA |
I had a terrible car accident and hurt my lower back. I went to Spine Center Atlanta for my MRI and to have it reviewed and be seen by Dr. Chappuis. The staff was wonderful and Dr. Chappuis was very knowledgeable and helped explain all of my options for surgery. I was very impressed with the facility as it has a warm feel with beautiful art on all of the walls.
in Atlanta, GA |
Perhaps I visited on a bad day, but I had a truly bad experience. I waited almost 2.5 hrs to see Dr. Chappuis. I saw 3 of his nurses and assistants prior to finally seeing him. However, he only spent about 5 minutes with me, during which he never personally examined me, prescribed 2 medicines and a neck brace which I did not need. One of the prescriptions I felt was irresponsible because he did not take the time to discuss my personal or family history with the condition.
Took the time to explain everything, easy and simple to understand.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. James Chappuis is one of the best doctors that i have been to. He is really compassionate and understanding with his patients. He sits there and really gains a true understanding of what his patients are going through. His office visits are the best he , he has the best sense of humor that he incorporates with his patients. That lifts the spirit of his workers as well as patients.
in Roswell, GA |
Brilliant doctor, been to several spine doctors in the area none was able to diagnose my problem.
Woodstock, GA |
Dr. Chappuis took the time to patiently answer every question we had, and without making us feel rushed. He is always friendly and smiling. A genuinely compassionate physician who treats the patient not the diagnosis. I am so happy that I chose Spine Center Atlanta, and Dr. Chappuis, to care for my long-standing low back pain. I haven't felt this good for years! I highly recommend this excellent physician.
in College Park, GA |
I would highly recommend Dr Chappuis to my family and friends. Excellent surgeon and staff. From my first appointment to after my surgery, always a pleasant, stress free experience. He took his time to explain my surgery and answer all my questions. His nurse is very helpful.
Have you seen Dr. James Chappuis F A C S, MD?
Are you Dr. Chappuis F A C S?

Visit Dr. Chappuis F A C S