Dr. James L. Chappuis F A C S, MD

Dr. James L. Chappuis F A C S, MD

Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery | Male | 61 years old

Dr. James L. Chappuis has a passion for helping patients to recover from debilitating spinal disorders using the latest surgical technology. For conditions which do not warrant surgery, Dr. Chappuis believes in the merging of customary medical techniques with complementary and holistic options to provide patients with the greatest chance to heal and recover.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Chappuis F A C S' Experience

See how Dr. Chappuis F A C S' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Chappuis F A C S

Dr. Chappuis F A C S accepts 3 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Chappuis F A C S has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Chappuis F A C S' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Chappuis F A C S to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Chappuis F A C S
Dr. Chappuis F A C S' Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (79)
in Decatur, GA |
Team of people HELPING you right from the second you step into the office. Fast service, even when they are busy with other patients. Dr. Chappuis listened to my concerns and allowed me to put in my opinion in treatment without pressuring me into one thing. That is so important to me. I left with a plan of action and felt great. I also witnessed his receptionist taking time out of her very busy workload to warm up a baby bottle for a patient in the lobby. These people are awesome.
in Athens, GA |
Kind and compassionate, expert in his subject matter and outstanding community visionary.
Gainesville, GA |
Have spent 13 years of life dealing with multiple back issues as a result from a car accident, seeing multiple doctors, having multiple back surgeries, proceedures, and continued complications. The last 3 years, I have been with SpineCenter ATL and have recieved excellent care, my residual problems were identified in the first visit by Dr. Chappuis-this team of doctors has helped get me to a place of living rather than just surviving day-to-day. Forever will be thankful for this team and Dr. C!
Atlanta, GA |
I had a terrible car accident and hurt my lower back. I went to Spine Center Atlanta for my MRI and to have it reviewed and be seen by Dr. Chappuis. The staff was wonderful and Dr. Chappuis was very knowledgeable and helped explain all of my options for surgery. I was very impressed with the facility as it has a warm feel with beautiful art on all of the walls.
in Atlanta, GA |
Perhaps I visited on a bad day, but I had a truly bad experience. I waited almost 2.5 hrs to see Dr. Chappuis. I saw 3 of his nurses and assistants prior to finally seeing him. However, he only spent about 5 minutes with me, during which he never personally examined me, prescribed 2 medicines and a neck brace which I did not need. One of the prescriptions I felt was irresponsible because he did not take the time to discuss my personal or family history with the condition.
Took the time to explain everything, easy and simple to understand.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. James Chappuis is one of the best doctors that i have been to. He is really compassionate and understanding with his patients. He sits there and really gains a true understanding of what his patients are going through. His office visits are the best he , he has the best sense of humor that he incorporates with his patients. That lifts the spirit of his workers as well as patients.
in Roswell, GA |
Brilliant doctor, been to several spine doctors in the area none was able to diagnose my problem.
Woodstock, GA |
Dr. Chappuis took the time to patiently answer every question we had, and without making us feel rushed. He is always friendly and smiling. A genuinely compassionate physician who treats the patient not the diagnosis. I am so happy that I chose Spine Center Atlanta, and Dr. Chappuis, to care for my long-standing low back pain. I haven't felt this good for years! I highly recommend this excellent physician.
in College Park, GA |
I would highly recommend Dr Chappuis to my family and friends. Excellent surgeon and staff. From my first appointment to after my surgery, always a pleasant, stress free experience. He took his time to explain my surgery and answer all my questions. His nurse is very helpful.
Have you seen Dr. James L. Chappuis F A C S, MD?
Are you Dr. Chappuis F A C S?

Compare Dr. Chappuis F A C S

Dr. Chappuis F A C S says...

I want our patients to feel that we are practicing medicine the way it used to be, with the care and attention to detail that is often lost in today's mega practices.

Dr. James L. Chappuis has been certified by the American Board of Spine Surgery and the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons for 25 years. Dr. Chappuis is also a Fellow, American College of Surgeons (F.A.C.S).

Dr. Chappuis was voted Atlanta "Top Doc" by Atlanta Magazine 2014 and 2015 Edition.

Dr. Chappuis F A C S' Care Philosophy

Dr. James L. Chappuis has a passion for helping patients to recover from debilitating spinal disorders using the latest surgical technology. For conditions which do not warrant surgery, Dr. Chappuis believes in the merging of customary medical techniques with complementary and holistic options to provide patients with the greatest chance to heal and recover.

Dr. Chappuis F A C S' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Chappuis F A C S has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

Why It Matters: Dr. Chappuis F A C S' Board Certifications

• Lupus
  • Neck Bone Trauma
  • Neck Injuries
  • Neck Pain
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Pathological Spine Fracture

Klinikum Karlsbad Langensteinbach

Completed in 1998

University Of Toledo

Graduated in 1977

Dr. Chappuis F A C S does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Chappuis F A C S and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Cervical Disc Replacement
  • Cervical Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Failed Back Surgery Revision
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Disc Replacement
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Surgery
  • Spine and Back Procedures

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.