Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  |
Dr. James Chappell, MD
My primary interest is teaching. My philosophy is that the patient/doctor relationship functions as a team. However, the ultimate decision in the patients care is up to the patient. A patient cannot make an informed decision about their care unless they completely understand the disease state, treatment options available and possible complications of the disease process or the treatment. I spend a lot of time discussing the disease state with my patients and have them tell me how they wish to proceed with treatment.

James Chappell, MD, PC

6740 E Hampden Ave Ste 210

Denver, CO 80224

Learn about Dr. Chappell

High quality care and education to allow the patient to make informed decisions about the treatment of their disorder.

Dr. Chappell's Experience

Dr. Chappell's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Continuous Glucose Monitoring
  • Diet Counseling
  • Insulin Pump Therapy
  • Physical Examination

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• University Of Colorado
  • Albert Einstein Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1997
  • University Of Colorado Health Science Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2000

Dr. Chappell has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Chappell does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Chappell and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Chappell's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Chappell to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Chappell Says:

I greatly appreciate any feedback patients can provide me regarding their experience with my office and myself.  I strive to remedy any concern about their experience.  My goal is to always make patients equal partners in the treatment decision making process and spend a significant amount of time educating them about their disorder.  My intent is to never talk down to an individual,...

Dr. Chappell's Performance
in Centennial, CO |
I've been a patient of Dr. Chappell's for several years and followed him when he opened a new practice. He is fantastic!! I've always been very comfortable with Dr. Chappell. He takes the time to make sure I understand all of the information he is providing me and he has done a wonderful job of managing my medical issues with sincerity and compassion. He's a great doc and a great guy! Steve C.
in Dillon, CO |
Dr. Chappell ROCKS! Not only is he knowledgeable, on time, and personable he is also patient! He always takes time to explain all options in detail. He remembers you even when your follow up is only once a year. That alone is worth it's weight in gold. He is thorough. I recommend him wholeheartedly and appreciate how much he has helped me toward my goal of being cancer free.
in Denver, CO |
James is considered one of the best Endocrinology specialist in the Denver metro area and I am fortunate to be under his care. My Type 1 diabetes is under good control and attribute that to his care & guidance...
in Denver, CO |
He makes the time to visit with you and explain things in terms I can understand
in Englewood, CO |
Dr. Chappell cares about me and my health. He takes the time to educate me about me. What more can I say, but Thank you Dr. Chappell. I would recommend him to all Diabetics.
in Littleton, CO |
First time in 25 years my Doctor really work with me to get my Diabetes under control.
in Aurora, CO |
I have been a patient of Dr Chappell for 13 years being treated for hypothyroidism. I love Dr Chappell! Outstanding physician with a caring demeanor. Would highly recommend Dr Chappell and his entire office staff.
Johnson, KS |
I have quit worrying about this medical condition since I have been under his care. He's on top of it.
in CO |
Dr. Chappell is by far the best thyroid doctor that I have had in Denver. He knows his patients by name and always takes his time during our appointments. Unlike the over thyroid Drs that I've seen, he is very thorough in every exam. Dr. Chappell's office staff is incredibly helpful with requests and are very timely. I also have to say how fantastic the lady is who does the blood draws is and she's in house! So no running around town is needed! I highly recommend Dr. Chappell!
Have you seen Dr. James Chappell, MD?
Are you Dr. Chappell?