Dr. James Cash, MD

Dr. James Cash, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. James Cash, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Tulsa, OK. He is 59 years old and has been practicing for 34 years. Read his story

2448 E 81st St Ste 1520

Tulsa, OK 74137

• American Republic
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma
  • Community Care Network
  • Golden Rule

Learn about Dr. Cash

See how frequently Dr. Cash performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Sprains and Strains (incl. Muscle Tear)
Runner's Knee
Knee Dislocation

Dr. Cash's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Cash's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Cash "James D. Cash M.D. was born and raised in Tulsa, Oklahoma. After attending Stanford University in California, he returned for medical school at the University of Oklahoma. His practice is focused on treating conditions of the knee and shoulder, with a specific emphasis on arthroscopic surgery. Dr. Cash has been a faculty presenter or instructor for numerous seminars presented to the Orthopedic community across the nation and his research has been published in a variety of medical journals. He is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Oklahoma College of Medicine. Dr. Cash and his wife of 25 years have four children. In his free time, he enjoys tennis, golf, water sports and hiking. His interest in sports led him to serve as Head Physician at the U.S. Olympic Training Center in Lake Placid, and as team Physician for both Bixby and Jenks High Schools. He is the founding president of Orthopedic Surgical Hospital and is the president of the Oklahoma Surgical Hospital Foundation. He serves on the board of directors of the Tulsa County Medical Society. For his work as the orthopedic director of project TCMS (a program that provides free surgical specialty care to the uninsured) Dr. Cash was awarded the OSMA community service award in 2014. "

This content was provided by Dr. Cash "Our philosophy at Premier Orthopedic Specialists of Tulsa is to treat each patient like we would like to be treated when needing healthcare.  Our small and intimate group of fellowship trained, board certified Orthopedic subspecialists focus on spending the time necessary to provide our patients with a proper diagnosis and then informing them about the options available for treatment, taking each individual's needs into consideration. "

• Orthopedic Arthroscopy

• Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) or Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tear
  • Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Baker’s Cyst
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear

• Reconstructive Surgery
  • Rotator Cuff Surgery
  • Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Oklahoma.

• Stanford University
  • Hughston Sport Medicine Clinic, Columbus, Ga, April 1986-September 1986
    Other Education | Completed 1986
  • Joint Implant Surgeons, Columbus, Oh, January 1988-February 1988
    Other Education | Completed 1988

• Reduction of a nonconcentrically relocated hip dislocation in a seven-year-old boy, 1992
  • Arthroscopic stabilization of anterior shoulder instability, 1993
  • Recent advances and perspectives on arthroscopic stabilization of the shoulder, 1991

Dr. Cash does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cash and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Cash's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cash to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Cash's Performance
Absolutely worst doctor I've ever come across. I had a knee injury and was referred to him. With absolutely NO type of examination, he said it was probably just a sprain. Nearly a year later I'm still in terrible pain. Got a second opinion, they ran tests, and suggested surgery because of the amount of scarring from my injury healing improperly.
in Terlton, Ok |
Highly recommend Dr. Cash to anyone needing shoulder surgery. He went above and beyond to help repair my torn up shoulder to give me the use of my arm and shoulder again. Many thanks for their continued help during my recovery.
in Tulsa, OK |
Dr Cash treated me as if I was his only patient. Dr Cash is a conservative, compassionate, and extremely knowledgeable surgeon. He preformed an arthroscopic rotator cuff repair on me many years ago. Of course he was my choice, when needing attention after (3) accidents to the same shoulder. This time it required an open repair for a massive tear. Three months after the procedure, I'm 95% back. At 67 yrs, that's not expected. I recommend Dr. Cash to my family & friends. He's simply the BEST !
Bixby Oklahoma |
I saw Dr. Cash for the first time and I was very pleased with his knowledge and how caring he was. He took the time to go over my issues answered any and all of my questions and together we sought out the ideal treatment for my condition. I would highly recommend him to any of my family and friends and to anyone that has an orthopedic need such as knee pain.
in Sapulpa,Ok |
I recently saw Dr Cash about my shoulder I had been having problems with strength, movement, and some pain. He took the time with me to explain how my muscles work and what I can do at home for excercises plus at the gym. I feel like he treated me at the appropriate level not to egger to send me through extensive testing and so on I didn't need but would have if he saw my injury was more severe. I really felt like it was a more personal experience here, didn't feel like I was rushed through.
in Broken Arrow, OK |
Dr. Cash saw my mother in July. He was so kind and gentle with her. Both of us came in with multiple questions and he answered each question. He never made us feel like he was rushed.
in Broken Arrow, OK |
My experience from the moment I made my appointment to the end of my visit was TOP NOTCH! Staff very knowledgeable and friendly. I was very nervous about seeing a specialist for my knee and Premier Orthopedic Specialists Of Tulsa calmed my nerves. Dr.Cash listened and thoroughly examined my knee. He reviewed my X-rays with me and discussed my options with me. He wrote my options down for me so I could discuss with my family before making a decision on treatment.
Broken Arrow, OK |
Dr. Cash is the best orthopedic surgeon. He makes every patient feel like the most important person. He spends lengthy amounts of time during his examination and discussing diagnosis and treatment options. He is very concervative with his care. He only operates when necessary. Most surgeons care about the numbers and he shows he truly cares about his patients.
in Vinita, OK |
Dr. Cash performed rotator cuff surgery on both my arms. I am a life long golfer and team roper and can still do both after my surgery. I'm 74. He understands sports injuries.
I was hit by semi and had shoulder injury. De Cash didn't even touch me assumed that I only had a muscle strain. It turns out I not only need shoulder surgery I have a spine injury that was found when I went to another Dr I trust who after examination and asking where my pain was determined that a lot of my shoulder pain was a spine problem.
I'm sorry that you had this injury. Since there is no name associated with this review, I cannot review the record. My practice for the last 28 years has been to listen to every new patient's concerns and do as extensive of a physical exam of each patient's pertinent condition as possible. This allows me to offer not only the most accurate diagnosis, but also to offer the most suitable options available for treatment.
Have you seen Dr. James Cash, MD?

Visit Dr. Cash

Blue Lincs HMO
  • Community Care Network
    Standard Network PPO
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA