Dr. James Canavan, MD

Dr. James Canavan, MD

Interventional Pain Medicine  ·
Dr. James Canavan, MD is an interventional pain medicine specialist in Glendale, AZ and has been practicing for 27 years. He graduated from University Of Oklahoma / Health Sciences Center in 1987 and specializes in interventional pain medicine and anesthesiology.Read his story

16222 N 59th Ave Ste A115

Glendale, AZ 85306

• Accountable Health Plans of America
  • Arizona Foundation
  • Banner Health
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona
  • Care 1st Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Canavan

See how frequently Dr. Canavan performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Chronic Neck Pain
Chronic Pelvic Pain

Dr. Canavan's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Canavan's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Canavan "Dr. Canavan is a pain management provider at Arrowhead Health Centers. He is a quality-focused physician who employs a teamwork philosophy, working synergistically with medical associates and staff to achieve goals and objectives. He takes a special interest in all sub-specialties of anesthesia (except cardiac) and acute & chronic pain management. Dr. Canavan is an avid college and pro football fan who enjoys cheering on the Oklahoma Sooners and New England Patriots, as well as traveling and growing & maintaining his tropical fish aquarium."

This content was provided by Dr. Canavan "Arrowhead Health Centers is a comprehensive, integrated network of providers that deliver primary care along with pain and injury management, diagnostics, and rehabilitation. Our founders recognized at the very beginning that when you put people first, people get healthy. So they simply asked people what they wanted and delivered it. That was 1997, and from that point on Arrowhead Health Centers has focused on quality of care and quality of service. That means treating people with respect; being on time; making doctor visits convenient, treatments effective, the process easy, and the doctors approachable. This is the Arrowhead Health Centers difference. We put people first, and it shows."

• Interventional Pain Medicine
  • Anesthesiology

• Anesthesiology
    Accredited by: American Board of Anesthesiology*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• University Of Oklahoma
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1983
  • University Of Oklahoma / Health Sciences Center
    Medical School | Graduated 1987
  • University Of South Alabama Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1988
  • Maricopa Medical Center-Anesthesiology
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1991

Dr. Canavan has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Canavan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Canavan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Canavan's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Canavan to family and friends

Dr. Canavan's Performance

Dr. Canavan Says:

At Arrowhead Health Centers, we put patients first so that they can get healthy. Part of that means continual listening and improving — thank you for sharing your feedback with me so we can improve our operations. If you have any immediate needs or concerns, feel free to call us at 623-334-4000.

I was treated like a cow in a branding line up. One day the crew were laughing at me without me knowing it BUT they told me they were laughing at some of the things I was saying the week before and I knew what it was & it is TRUE & verifiable. At the last visit I was actually laughed to my face...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I was terrified when I walked into the office. The entire staff, and most especially Dr Canavan made me relax and feel at ease. The procedure itself was relatively painless. I was very glad I made the decision to go to this facility! My next appt is next week, and I feel confident I'll have the...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option