Dr. James Cameron, MD

Orthopedic Surgery ·  Male

Dr. Cameron

Steadman Hawkins Clinic of the Carolinas, Greenville Health System

200 Patewood Dr Bldg C Greenville, SC 29615

Dr. James Cameron, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Greenville, SC and has been practicing for 5 years. He graduated from EMORY UNIV SCH OF MED in 2008 and specializes in orthopedic surgery, reconstructive orthopedic surgery, and more.

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Cameron

Dr. Cameron?
Dr. Cameron's Performance
What People Say About Dr. James Cameron, MD
Dr Cameron and his staff were all helpful and welcoming. I felt free to ask questions and participate in my treatment. I had some insurance issue and I feel everybody went beyond expectations to make sure I had my chosen doctor and hospital. Dr Cameron really listened and talked WITH me ( not at me) about the surgery, pre op, post op and the future of my knee. Everybody I came into contact with at this practice always returned calls and found answers and worked as a true team.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Cameron, MD?
All of my visits have been very pleasant and informative. Dr. Cameron answers all of my questions and is very honest about the information that I need. He seems to care and has good bedside manner. I would highly recommend him to anyone that is getting knee replacement surgery. I hope he stays with GHS because I am considering another knee surgery in the not so distant future. Steve Cotugno
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Cameron, MD?
like many people have said things were explained ..questions explained..very thorough
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Cameron, MD?
Dr. Cameron was very thorough in explaining each element of the TKR that I was about to undergo. He provided me with plenty of information prior to the surgery so that I was well informed of what to expect before, during and after the surgery. I was very pleased with his bedside manner and professionalism. I already have shared with others how pleased I was with the result of the surgery and have suggested Dr. Cameron as someone to meet with if considering knee replacement.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Cameron, MD?
excellent, feeling much better after surgery, Dr. Cameron did a great job before and after surgery as well
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Cameron, MD?
1st Visit. Dr Cameron was caring, professional, knowledgeable and explained everything that he would do as well as my responsibility. He allowed time for all of my questions. He made sure that I understood his availability to me. I felt confident that he was the right surgeon for me. In the joint class he handled himself in the same way. The morning o f my surgery, Dr. Cameron was on time and still so caring and professional. He wanted to know if I knew what surgery he was performing on me. He was able to place my new knee perfectly in place. He explained to my family about my surgery and what to expect at home and into the future. We were so pleased with Dr. Cameron. We followed all of his recommendations and my entire rehab and recover has been a success. I have been recommending Dr. Cameron to my friends who's having the same problem that I had. Thank you for this opportunity to do this survey.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Cameron, MD?
Dr. Cameron is a great doctor. He cares about your overall health and not just his primary focus (hip/knee). He genuinely listens to his patients concerns and offers the best for them. I was very pleased with every visit and the successful surgery. His staff displayed the same professionalism and care for me. Thank you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Cameron, MD?
I am so happy I had Dr. James Cameron perform my right knee total joint replacement surgery. From the very beginning he was very forthcoming, thorough, and compassionate in all my dealings with him. Due to the fact I had previous ACL reconstructive surgery almost 30 years before which presented challenges for Dr. Cameron, he nonetheless spent the time necessary to make sure my knee surgery was completed to 100% satisfaction. I thank Dr. James Cameron for that!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Cameron, MD?
I would welcome any family member and or work colleague to Dr. Cameron. He is an excellent surgeon, but more importantly he has a calmness and bedside manner that is Top of the Line!!! Both he and his staff provided us with excellent information regarding my hip replacement pre and post surgery. In my world of operational excellence, Dr. Cameron and his team receive a Six Sigma level quality rating. There is no question that Dr. Cameron will be my surgeon for my next hip replacement.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Cameron, MD?
Dr. James Cameron has performed (2) separate total knee arthroscopy surgeries for me. I am totally satisfied with the results of both surgeries. My original visit to Dr. Cameron was pleasant and very informative as to what happens from the beginning to the end. I attended his clinic where nurses and associate doctors answered question regarding what to expect before and after surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Cameron, MD?
Dr Cameron preformed my hip surgery July 2018 and knee surgery Oct 2018. I am very happy with the results and would recommend him to anyone that is looking for a great Dr. He is very professional, has respect for patient's opinions, and has an excellent bedside manner.
I WOULD MOST DEFFINETLY RECOMEND HIM HE IS A WONDERFUL DOCTOR
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Cameron, MD?
excellent experience and very professional.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Cameron, MD?
I was diagnosed by Dr. Cameron at the age of 54 with hip dysplasia and that I would need left hip replacement. I had been limping with the use of a cane for eight months in pain. Dr. Cameron was very patient and explained the process and I felt completely confident in having him perform the surgery. Plus, my mother in law had used him for knee replacement surgery and highly recommended him. I was concerned about the spinal and whether I would be aware of what was going on, but it went great!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Cameron, MD?
Excellent service from beginning to end. Dr. Cameron and his staff treated me as if I was their only patient and definitely their number one concern. Excellent pre surgery information and follow up care. I will recommend him highly to my family and friends,
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Cameron, MD?
He explained the procedure so, I knew what was going to happen during surgery and after surgery. Would recommend to anyone who has to have knee surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Cameron, MD?
Dr. Cameron and his team did outstanding work on my hip replacement. He informed me that initial recovery would take 6-8 weeks... which is exactly what I experienced. I'm feeling great and I'm back to full function with no pain. Of course... I followed his instructions and that of the therapy team to the letter. Very glad that I was referred to Dr. Cameron... and I would highly recommend him to others.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Cameron, MD?
I had a total hip replacement 3 months ago. I am very pleased with the result. Most of my hip pain in that hip has been resolved and I am really glad that I had it done. Dr. Cameron did not push - I decided my pain was too intolerable to live with so went ahead. I was treated well by him and his staff, the hospital was pleasant as well. I highly recommend Dr. Cameron.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Cameron, MD?
He is a wonderful doctor very caring I would tell the world friend,family,church family he did a great job on my knee surgery had a total knee replacement would do it again and he would be the one dr James Cameron
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Cameron, MD?
Dr. Cameron is an excellent listener along with the ability to answer your questions. He looks you in the eye as he explains, with clarity, what is to be done including an honest review of what to expect during recovery, showing and explaining your x-rays so you are not left in the dark. He attended the seminar that patients attend before surgery which was helpful to hear other patients’ questions/concerns plus literature to read/study. My personal experience has been very positive.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Cameron?

My goal is to get to know you and understand the impact your hip or knee pain is having on your overall health and function.  I also want to understand your goals of treatment. Ultimately we work together to manage your arthritis conservatively and only consider surgical intervention when conservative treatment has failed.

• Hip & Knee Orthopedics

2009
2008
2003

Dr. Cameron accepts

Dr. Cameron accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of California

• Coccygeal Pain
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Elbow Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Elbow Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Open
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Excision of Femur or Knee
  • Knee Arthroscopy
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Steadman Hawkins Clinic of the Carolinas, Greenville Health System

• Sat: closed
    • Sat: closed

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Cameron treats patients.