Orthopedic Hip Surgery  |
Dr. James Cahill, MD
Dr. James Cahill, MD is an orthopedic hip surgery doctor who practices in Hackensack, NJ. He is 54 years old and has been practicing for 27 years. Dr. Cahill is affiliated with Hackensack University Medical Center.

87 Summit Ave

Hackensack, NJ 07601

• EmblemHealth
  • Oxford Health Plans
  • QualCare

Learn about Dr. Cahill

We are committed to delivering the best care and an exceptional patient experience. We are devoted to providing services that are patient-centered and compassionate, and care for you as a person.

Dr. Cahill's Experience

Dr. Cahill's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Hip Surgery

• Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Baker’s Cyst
  • Bone Cancer
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Pointer Injuries
  • Hip Sprain
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands

• Partial Shoulder Replacement
  • Reverse Total Shoulder and Total Shoulder Replacement
  • Revision of Shoulder or Elbow Replacement
  • Shoulder Dislocation Treatment

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Columbia University / College Of Physicians and Surgeons
    Medical School | Graduated 1990
  • Montefiore Medical Center-Moses Division
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1991
  • A Einstein College M Yeshiva University
  • Hospital Joint Dis Orth Institute
  • Hospital For Joint Diseases Orthopaedic Institute
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1996

Dr. Cahill has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Cahill does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cahill and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Cahill's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cahill to family and friends
Dr. Cahill's Performance
in Hackensack, NJ |
Working with Dr Cahill and his staff for both surgeries was a good experoience. My questions and concerns were answered in a timely manner. I have and would continue to recommend Dr Cahill and his staff to others.
in Hackensack, NJ |
The procedure went as planned. The pain following surgery on my left labrum and rotator cuff as well as biceps tendonesis was not as bad as anticipated and dictated to tolerable without medication in 3-4 weeks. A physical Therapy was a lot of work but worth it as I regained most of my range of motion. Dr. Cahill was very professional and clearly described every step of the treatment and recovery. The whole experience followed exactly as he said it would.
in Hackensack, NJ |
Very friendly and helpful.
in Hackensack, NJ |
Wonderful. Very efficient and caring. Always avilalable.
Clifton, NJ |
Fantastic Doctor. I had a very Thorough consultation and explained my therapeutic options. I ended up having a knee arthroscopy and was back on my feet (and back to work) the next day. Office staff were helpful and very accommodating.
in Hackensack, NJ |
I was very please with my knee replacement that was done by Dr. Cahill. Going to rehab is very important. I did have some scar tissue removed that had build up around the knee, but Dr. Cahill removed the scar tissue and I feel so much better. Thank you Dr.Cahill.
in Hackensack, NJ |
I am very satisfied with my surgeon Dr Cahill,it was afraid at first but he reassured me it would be fine, I also commend him on his compassion for patients.
in Hackensack, NJ |
He is very thorough and helps with your personal needs.
in Hackensack, NJ |
Had a wonderful experience.
in Hackensack, NJ |
Everyone was very professional. Everything the Dr. Told me was going to happen did.
in Hackensack, NJ |
Dr Cahill did a fantastic job. There were a few miscommunications with the staff in the beginning but they were straightened out and taken care of. The surgi center was excellent. The staff there was warm, caring, kind and very professional. The nurses were every thing you want in a nurse, especially Rosa and Dana. I was very happy with this experience.
in Paramus NJ |
I would surely recommend this Doctor he is a very caring who will listen to you and explains everything to you and takes his time with his patients.
in Hackensack, NJ |
everything went very well. Very happy with the outcome.
in Hackensack, NJ |
Felt very comfortable with all aspects of the treatment. This was much better than the last time I was injured.
Very satisfied
in Hackensack, NJ |
I think Dr.Cahill is awonderful caring Doctor. He listens to what the patient has to say ,which, to me is very important.
in Wyckoff, NJ |
Totally professional, kind, attentive all what you expect in a caring excellent Doctor. Excellent outcome for my wife's torn Meniscus tear... Excellent out come for my torn Rotator
in North Bergen, NJ |
I have been Dr. Cahill's for a very long time now and I think he is a great doctor. The staff at his office are always very helpful and I've have never experienced any issues with this practice. I had been to many, many orthopedic surgeons before finding Dr. Cahill and I'm so very grateful that I did. I find him to be thorough, knowledgeable, and caring and that is not easy to find. It is not a big practice that is quickly running through patients to pad wallets and I truly, truly appreciate
in Hasbrouck Heights, NJ |
Amazing Doctor! I recently had labrum surgery done by him and he's done an absolutely phenomenal job. Dr. Cahill from day one took his time to thoroughly explain the procedure and all my questions. He also reached out to me by calling me one day before my surgery to make sure everything was fine. Even after surgery, anytime I had a question he responded to me right away. He's just been great. He sets the bar for what doctor and patient interaction should be like. HIGHLY recommend!!
New York, NY |
I had a total knee replacement with Dr. Cahill. His confidence was contagious, it helped me with having a positive attitude towards surgery that I knew I needed, but did not feel I had the time to have. I feel so blessed to have had this surgery. It has given me the opportunity to walk, exercise, do daily living that I had so struggled with. Thank you so much...
in Hasbrouck Heights, NJ |
I'm an active 73. A year ago while exercising I injured my shoulder. MRI did not reveal any significant damage.He recommended PT and evaluated my progress.I improved slightly. 2nd MRI revealed damage not apparent before. In less than a week, surgery was done. torn rotator cuff, impinged muscle, AC joint, &more. He monitored my PT and within 4 months,I was back to my pre-injure self.Dr. Cahill and his staff are exceptional,skills are outstanding, reputation well-deserved.
Have you seen Dr. James Cahill, MD?
Are you Dr. Cahill?

See our Orthopedic Hip Surgery Specialist at Hackensack University Medical Center

Visit Dr. Cahill