Orthopedic Arthroscopy  |
Dr. James Bynum, MD
Dr. James Bynum, MD is an orthopedic arthroscopy doctor who practices in Fort Myers, FL. He is 40 years old and has been practicing for 14 years. Dr. Bynum is affiliated with Gulf Coast Medical Center, Lee Memorial Hospital, NCH Downtown Naples Hospital and NCH North Naples Hospital.

7331 College Pkwy Ste 300

Fort Myers, FL 33907

(239) 337-2003

Dr. James Bynum, MD

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union
  • American Republic
  • AvMed
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • CoreSource
  • Fidelis Care
  • Golden Rule

Learn about Dr. Bynum

See how frequently Dr. Bynum performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Enthesopathy of Hip (incl. Trochanteric Bursitis)
Shoulder Disorders
Bursitis

Dr. Bynum's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Orthopedic Arthroscopy

• Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Traumatic Rupture of Achilles Tendon
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Pelvic Fracture
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Pyogenic Arthritis
  • Reiter's Syndrome (Reactive Arthritis)
  • Rotator Cuff Tear

• Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Foot and Ankle Ligament and Tendon Repair
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Glenoid Labrum Repair
  • Meniscus Transplantation
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Neuroplasty
  • Partial Shoulder Replacement
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Reverse Total Shoulder and Total Shoulder Replacement

• Plano and Associated Orthopedics Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy Fellowship
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2009

• Bishop Verot High School - Team Physician, 2009 to pr
  • Boston Red Sox - Local Spring Training Physicians, 2009 to pr
  • Rates of refracture associated with external fixation in pediatric femur fractures., Sep 2005
  • Biomechanical analysis of pullout strengths of rotator cuff and glenoid anchors: 2011 update., July 2011
  • Modified Brostrom technique using knotless suture anchors., March 2010
  • Familial Tumoral Calcinosis: A Forty-year follow-up on one family., 2009
  • Bouncing Back with Hip Arthroscopy, 11/16/11

Dr. Bynum does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bynum and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bynum's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bynum to family and friends
Dr. Bynum's Performance
in Fort Myers |
I had my knee done in June 2017 with Dr. Bynum, ACL Reconstruction. I was back to work in 4 days as light duty and back to running arouns the office in few weeks. My experience at the surgery center and the office was top notch. I would recommend Dr. Bynum to anyone. They truly are THE BEST SURGEONS IN THE JOINT. I am now almost 5 months out from surgery, feel great, no pain and I am back to doing anything I want without having any discomfort or instabily. THANK YOU DR. BYNUM :)
in Ft Myers, FL |
I am a first time patient of Orthopedic Surgery. My experience with the Staff of Joint Implant was great as well as with Dr. Bynum’s Staff,always helpful,they answered any questions I might have had as well as Dr. Bynum. He takes his time with you,never rushed,as some do. He makes his patients feel very relaxed and valued. A 5 +Star for Dr. Bynum and his Staff..
San Antonio, TX |
He was clear and concise when explaining my fracture and what the plan was for me.
in Ft Myers, FL |
Excellent Doctor. I highly recommend.
in Cape Coral, FL |
Dr. Bynum is the best! He took care of my problem effectively and efficiently. He was thorough in explaining to me pre and post surgery what he was going to do and what he did do. He has a great sense of humor too, which helps when you are in pain. I would highly recommend him.
in Fort Myers |
Highly recommend Dr. Bynum and his superior staff.
Ft Myers, FL |
Excellent surgeon, hard to imagine one better. Promptly took very good care of me. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone. I hope I never need surgery again, but if I do, I'll ask Dr. Bynum to do it.
in Cape Coral, FL |
I had a wonderful experience with Dr Bynum and his staff. He took the time to explain everything carefully and I felt comfortable.
Fort Myers, FL |
Dr. Bynum has an easy manner about him. You feel comfortable during appointments - not rushed. I had shoulder surgery for two issues. He did not push me towards surgery but presented options for me to choose. The surgery was scheduled efficiently and was successful. Post surgery, he met with me again several times to follow up on my procedure. The only negative is the wait time for my appointments. I had to wait to be seen between 30 - 50 minutes upon arrival at the office. Highly recommend.
Estero, FL |
I would highly recommend Dr. Bynum and his staff. My knee is 100% better. Thank you so much!
in Cape Coral, FL |
Dr. Bynum is an exceptional orthopedic surgeon. His experience, his concern for me as a patient, and his communications skills give me confidence in him. Although he is a "surgeon", he considers surgery to be the last option in treating his patients. He identifies and explains non-surgical options clearly. He surrounds himself with a team in his office who collectively are a caring, skilled, and kind group.
in Ft Myers, FL |
Very happy I chose Dr Bynum. He was very knowledgeable, friendly and compassionate. I had a bucket handle meniscus tear. He explained all the options i had, and their possible outcomes. He suggested a repair to my knee, although healing time was longest(which he explained up front), this repair has given me 100 percent recovery. Thankyou Dr Bynum!!
in Ft Myers, Florida |
Very impressed with Dr. Bynum's knowledge and ease of explaining options available to me. Excellent mannerisms and professional attitude. We agreed to peruse a more aggressive course of action regarding my specific problem. Hopefully that will resolve my discomfort.
in Naples, FL |
I really liked dr bynum... he ws very down to earth and explained my fracture in a way i understood! Great Doc, i'd highly recommend!!!
Zee best!
in Fort Myers, Florida |
I truly enjoyed Dr. James Bynum's commitment to my well being, as I was cared for like a family member. I was treated for my right shoulder rotatory cuff tear by a shoulder arthroscopy. Not only did I feel comfortable and welcomed but I also was impressed with the quality and exceptional work performed by him and his team.
Windermere, FL |
I have referred several people to Dr Bynum. He doesn't rush people into surgery until all options are over.
in Ft Myers, FL |
D. Bynum was professional from start to finish. He LISTENED to my issue, took time to understand and then took time to diagnosis and explain the problem and treatment options. He did not rush nor did he over-extend the visit. His support staff was equally competent and professional. I have no problem whatsoever in recommending him to others.
in Fort Myers, Fl |
I saw Dr, Bynum for a frozen shoulder that was causing me a lot of pain. I had a shot which unfortunately did not do much for me, so I did the physical therapy only. Thank goodness it helped a lot and I did not need surgery. I thank him and his office for getting me through this.
in Bonita Springs, FL |
Dr. Bynum explained his plan to correct my problem and not have a hip replacement, doing this all through Arthroscopy surgery. He took a lot of time with me, explaining every detail. He gave me a 70% chance of NOT having a hip replacement .Surgery was successful!! Very thankful for all the TLC I received. Thankful I found him before having hip replacement. He knows what he is doing and uses a conservative approach and believes a patient should keep there original parts if they can.
Ft Myers, FL |
I have recommended Dr. Bynum and the entire staff at Joint Implant Surgeons of Florida as often as I can. Dr. Bynum found room to operate the very next day and repaired my broken wrist. Very thorough when he explained my options and I have had absolutely no problems. This little old lady fell in love with this very kind, thoughtful doctor.
in Estero, Fl |
Dr Bynum is amazing. He has the best bedside manner I have ever seen in a physician. He listens and makes sure you have described your issue completely. I would highly recommend this great practitioner.
in Ft Myers, FL |
Excellent experience! Referred friends and family to Dr. Bynum.
in Cape Coral, FL |
Dr. Bynum was very pleasant as usual. Makes you feel comfortable and gives you a sense of being a "normal" guy. Some physicians don't! Knowledgeable and personable...Awesome!
in Ft Myers, FL |
Dr Bynum and his staff are friendly, courteous, and knowledgeable. He diagnosed my issue and developed a treatment plan quickly and successfully.
in Ft Myers, FL |
Very easy going manner and thorough. Knows how to put you at ease and provide the best treatment.
in Naples, FL |
From the first visit to the day I was clear from Dr Bynum everything was a 5 star care my knee surgery went very smooth and now I'm back to work very satisfied. Dr Bynum, the staff at the surgery center, at Joint implants Just THE BEST!!! Thank you very much
in Fort Myers |
Very professional and very thorough. I was very impressed with my appointment and the Doctor's ideas for treatment. I will be back for my follow up in six weeks.
in Cape Coral, FL |
Patients are a priority and great communication and listening skills are wonderful. I would definitely recommend Dr. Bynum to family and friends.
in Cape Coral, FL |
Highly recommended to anyone with joint pain. Wonderful surgeon.
in Naples |
Amazing! Great bedside manner. Never feel rushed. I always feel confident with his care.
in Lehigh Acres, FL |
Dr Bynum is conservative and does not jump straight to surgery. Got the pain out of my shoulder in a short amount of time. Would definitely give him a call.
in Estero. Fla |
I can't say enough good things about Dr. Bynum. After having been operated on by another doctor and not recovering I thankfully went to Dr. Bynum. He explained everything he was going to do? to make me better. I was operated on May 18th. The next day I was in rehab and have worked out every day since. Haven't felt this good in over a year. Dr. Bynum and his entire staff were professional, supportive and caring. I'm extremely grateful.
Estero, FL |
I have already recommended Dr. Bynum to several friends and they are as satisfied with their results and care as I am with mine. He's understanding, and truly recognizes that many of us want to keep exercising, regardless of the treatment or pain. He's great at managing the care and the process to gt rid of the pain and/or get you back to doing what you love to do, as quickly as possible.
in Ft Myers, FL |
Really great experience. Staff was very nice. I was able to get in very fast. Everyone was extremely professional. The Dr.was really on point. He found the problem quickly. Gave me my options. I was able to get it taken care of that day. I have not had a problem since. You will be happy by choosing him.
in Ft.Myers Beach Florida |
Dr Bynum and staff are great!! he has helped me with my Hip & Shoulder. i trust him and would highly recommend Dr. Bynum.
in Estero, FL |
Dr. Bynum is an outstanding physician! I had a torn rotator cuff and an issue with my bicep that severely restricted the range of motion of my left arm. Dr. Bynum performed surgery and fixed both problems at the same time without any issues or complications. I regained my full range of motion within 3 months and now live my life without pain or discomfort. Dr. Bynum is truly amazing!
in Ft Myers Beach, FL |
I first visited Dr. Bynum at Joint Implant Surgeons in January 2017. I had shoulder pain from bursitis and shoulder impingement. I was concerned I might need shoulder surgery. Dr Bynum put me on a program of anti inflammatory prescription, steroid shot & physical therapy. Six weeks later I had a second injection and continued PT. By my third visit six weeks later, my pain was 90% gone. PT motivated me to begin a physical fitness program at Planet Fitness. I'm doing fine today. Thank you!
in Punta Gorda, FL |
I have been seeing Dr. Bynum for almost 4 years for chronic hip inflammation due to arthritis. I was barely able to walk. For 4 years he's kept me up and running and active again. He is all about YOUR wellbeing. I spend a minimum of 4 hours roundtrip for every visit. But Dr. Bynum is well worth the drive. He has been a blessing for me and my husband.
in Cape Coral, FL |
Dr. Bynum took the time to totally explain where my pain was coming from and what actions to take to help. I am functioning much better now, I would certainly recommend Dr. Brynum to my family, friends and anyone who needs relief from joint pain.
in Naples, FL |
I am so glad I came to Dr. Bynum for a second opinion. My knee is getting better every day and soon I'll be dancing again. God bless you, Thank you Marcia Galle
in Cape Coral, FL |
Totally satisfied with the professionalism and communication provided by Dr. Bynum.
in Lehigh Acres, FL |
Dr James Bynum corrected my hip problem with arthroscopic surgery. He clearly told me what to expect. He was honest and didn't give me false hope. The procedure was successful and my hip feels great. I'm able do the things I love without pain. He never rushed me and always took time to answer my questions. I highly recommend Dr. Bynum and his staff.
in Cape Coral, FL |
Dr Bynum did my knee surgery 6 weeks ago and now I'm 99%. He never makes my age the issue, he truly cares.
in Cape Coral, FL |
Dr. Bynum repaired both of my shoulders in the past two years. Both experiences and outcomes were positive. He even put me on a fast track for the second shoulder, to accommodate my busy schedule and so I would be healed in time to perform with my symphony.
in Estero, FL |
Had bad knee pain for eight months but wanted to avoid surgery at all costs. Saw another doctor at my home up North with no solution. First time I went to Dr. Bynum my problem was solved without surgery. No pain since then - and I am VERY active. All assistants were very professional as well. I highly recommend!
in Sanibel, FL |
I so appreciate Dr.Bynum's honest and non-aggressive approach to dealing with my spinal issues. I feel good knowing I am doing all that I should do at this point. No quick fix, just safe healing.
in Cape Coral, FL |
Dr. Bynum is exceptional to speak with and, most importantly, provides quality time one-on-one answering all questions pertaining to the injury and expectations for the future.
in Fort Myers, FL |
I received wonderful care from Dr. Bynum. He is sharp and perceptive. He quickly diagnosed my problem and prescribed a solution.
Cape Coral, FL |
I made an appointment with Dr. Bynum, who is in the same practice as my Orthopedic Surgeon. A friend explained symptoms similar to mine and explained the treatment that Dr. Bynum prescribed. Dr. Bynum, examined me and identified the exact location of the pain, then prescribed a 3 pronged treatment approach. I was skeptical about the Kenalog injection but it relieved the pain, immediately. I had a follow up appointment 1.5 months later and received an injection in my left hip.
Have you seen Dr. James Bynum, MD?
Are you Dr. Bynum?

Visit Dr. Bynum

Dr. Bynum accepts 23 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union