Dermatology  |
Dr. James Brown, MD
Dr. James Brown, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in Detroit, MI. He is 68 years old and has been practicing for 42 years. Dr. Brown is affiliated with Detroit Receiving Hospital, Beaumont Hospital - Grosse Pointe Campus and Saint John Hospital and Medical Center.

22151 Moross Rd Ste 234

Detroit, MI 48236

• Cofinity
  • Principal Financial Group
  • Zurich

Learn about Dr. Brown

The office prides itself on expediency (frequently problems can be taken care of in one visit), cost effectiveness, compassion and excellent care. Dr. Brown has been voted Hour Detroit Magazine's Top Doc in Dermatology in 2004, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015. Dr. Brown is interested in preventing disease and difficult diagnostic and therapeutic problems.

Dr. Brown's Experience

Dr. Brown's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Dermatology

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Lyme Disease
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection

• Skin Cancer Removal
  • Skin Surgery
  • Skin Tag Removal
  • Wart Removal

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• University Of Michigan / Ann Arbor
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1979
  • Henry Ford Dermatolgy
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1979

• Hour Detroit Magazine's Top Doc/Dermatology, 2006,08,09

Dr. Brown has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Brown does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Brown and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Brown's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Brown to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Brown's Performance
Roseville, MI |
I love this Dr. and his staff. I retired to Pennsylvania some time ago and was delighted that I got an appointment on a recent trip to visit it my son. Can't compare his attention to detail.
Memphis, TN |
Dr Brown was so patient and informative. I was able to get squeezed in to an appointment. He is very caring and thorough. I would trust no one else better than I trust his expertise!
in Grosse Pointe |
Dr. Brown is the best dermatologist. Brilliant and gives excellent advice and treatment. I wish more doctors were like him!
in Macomb, MI |
I have been a patient of Dr. Brown's for over 35 years. I have never been disappointed in the care that he has provided for me. He is very quick to diagnose and prescribe the appropriate medications for all of my dermatological needs. I especially like the fact that he does not have you return for follow-up visits unless necessary. I would highly recommend Dr. Brown as a specialist in his field.
Great!
in St. Clair Shores |
I have been a patient of Dr. Brown for 20+ years and highly recommend his services to anyone one in need of a dermatologist. Dr. Brown has always been accurate with his diagnosis and provided me with the best course of treatment. Furthermore, his passion for his profession and providing his patients with the best up-to-date care is unparalleled!
in Cottrellville, MI |
I have been a patient of Dr. Brown for over 35 years and would never consider seeing another dermatologist. I have recommended Dr. Brown to many members of my family and friends; they all agree he is the best. We now have three generations under the care of Dr. Brown. Dr. Brown is knowledgeable and caring. Also, he is no nonsense and is extremely honest. I completely trust Dr. Brown's course of treatment with my health and concerns. Plus, his staff is friendly, courteous, and pleasant.
in Detroit, MI |
I absolutely love going to Dr. Brown. He is great at what he does and is straight to the pointe. You rarely have to wait to be seen. The entire staff is pleasant.
in Clinton Township, Michigan |
He is the best.. I've been a patient for over 10yrs..
St Clair Shores, MI |
I have been a patient of Dr. Brown for many years and have always found him Knowledgeable, professional and personable!
in Grosse Pointe, MI |
Dr. James Brown is a lifesaver, twice. He took the time to speak with me and then deal with the skin cancer. He is so thorough that one time during an exam he noticed a lump on my thyroid and directed me immediately to the hospital for a fine needle biopsy. Three days later, my cancerous tumor was removed. He was very persuasive in my need to be further examined that he used his relationships to quickly facilitate the surgery by another expert and helped releive my stress. He's the best!
New York, NY |
Dr. Brown is a no nonsense doctor who is very knowledgable in his field. Every time I have an appointment I leave feeling I received the very best diagnosis and treatment. If you're looking for a mamby pamby Doctor, this is not the guy. But if you want a dermatologist you can truly have confidence in, it's Dr. Brown. He tells it like it is.
in Grosse Pointe, MI |
Dr. Brown has been my Dermatologist for over 20 years and has successfully treated a variety of skin issues for me. His approach may be no-nonsense, but he takes the time to explain the issue he is treating. His assistant, Gina, is a great asset to his practice as well. It is very easy to make appointments and he can usually see you in a week or less. I recommend Dr. Brown without hesitation.
Grosse Pointe, MI |
It was truly a unique experience! Wait time was quick, staff very friendly, and Dr. Brown was beyond my expectations, I had heard he was different and eccentric...but all in all he was quite knowledgeable. He was able to diagnosis my problem immediately. I have been to other derms and have been dissatisfied. I will definitely go back to him with any future issues!!
Troy, MI |
Absolutely wonderful - very knowledgeable and responsive. Have trusted Dr. Brown and his staff for over 20 years.
in richmond michigan |
best dermatoligist to go to. great staff too.
Dr. Brown was thorough and concerned about my health. Did a great job of treating my problem. Staff is very helpful. Have been sending my family there for years.
in Key Largo, FL |
Unlike some dermatologists in the Grosse Pointe area, Dr. Brown tries to address all issues in one visit rather than the drawn out (and profitable) system of requiring multiple visits to address multiple issues. Dr. Brown personally intervened with the hospital surgeons to expedite my melanoma surgery. I first visited him at the suggestion of a physcian neighbor who believes that Dr. Brown is the best dermatology diagnostician in the Detroit area. Office visits are punctual and curteous.
New York, NY |
After previously seeing two dermatologist with no improvement, a friend recommended I see Dr. Brown. I found him to be knowledgeable and concerned. He accurately diagnosed my condition on the first visit. I have referred friends and family, all of whom have been more than satisfied. No wonder he is considered a top doc by Hour magazine.
in Grosse Pointe Shores, MI |
Booking an appointment was easy, staff was helpful, doctor was knowledgable. I was in and out quickly and results were excellent!
in Grosse Pointe Farms, MI |
Dr. Brown has been my Dermatologist for many years. He has also been an advocate and concerned link during other medical problems. He is a very efficient doctor who does not waste his or his patients time. I suspect some who need hand holding might not appreciate a very busy doctor who generally gets directly to the matter at hand. I would and have recommended Dr. Brown to my friends and family.
in Grosse pointe, michigan |
Very knowledgable, was referred to him several years ago and have been seeing him since. Prompt and extremely intelligent. Diagnosis and recommendations have always been spot on. Gina his assistant is the best
Grosse Pointe, MI |
I went to see Dr. Brown for some pre-cancer spots on my face. I had a great experience at Dr. Brown's office.
in Detroit |
He is the best. Have been going to him for 40 years and have recommended him to many of my friends. Great staff as well!
Detroit, MI |
Dr. Brown is extremely capable and is able to diagnose problems efficiently and quickly. Although some patients have mentioned that he can be abrupt, his ability is top notch. I have been to numerous dermatologists over the years, and Dr Brown is above and beyond the rest. My husband was diagnosed with a skin melanoma early on by Dr. Brown. U of M med center was surprised it was even caught at such an early stage. Honestly, he may have saved my husband's life. Personality is minor.
Detroit, MI |
I have been a patient of Dr. Brown for 35 years and wouldn't consider seeing another Dermatologist. He's always available, his staff is responsive, and treatment has been very helpful.
in Saint Clair Shores, MI |
Dr. James Brown is on time, energetic, engaging, informative and very competent. All I could ask for. I highly recommend Dr.James Brown.
in Grosse Pointe, MI |
I should have left a review many years ago but was not aware of this website. Dr. Brown is the absolute worst doctor I have ever had the experience of knowing! He was very rude and had no consideration for my feelings at the time I went to see him. I had an apparent case of MRSA on my hands which was very serious and he misdiagnosed me as having eczema. My professional diagnoses finally came from U of M. Stay away from Dr. Brown! He lacks education & skill! :(
Grosse Pointe, MI |
He was rude, inconsiderate and inappropriate. I was seeing him for a case of mersa and he could not have been more offensive
Have you seen Dr. James Brown, MD?
Are you Dr. Brown?