Dr. James Brown, DO

Practices Family Medicine

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 5 after 102 reviews.
Author:
He’s the best at putting you at ease while fully explaining your situation in easy to understand words. Always provides options whenever available. If necessary, he will refer you to another provider that specializes in what is needed for a more thorough evaluation of the situation and/or for specialized treatment when outside of his purview. Can’t say enough good things about how he operates.
Author:
I am extremely glad to have engaged Dr Brown and his staff as my primary care specialists. They are professionals, caring, and always knowledgeable. GREAT HEALTH CARE TEAM
Author:
I visited the office as a follow up. I never feel rushed and I am always satisfied that I have been taken care of completely when I am finished.
Author:
Love, love Dr. Brown. He really cares about you n takes time to listen to your concerns. They schedule labs at his office 1 week in advance and the following week he has them in his hand as he enters the room. Gives me a copy to keep.
Author:
Its nice to have a physician who works with you to better your health. Listens and spends the time to help you understand. Its a partnership for a better and healthier you.
Author:
Dr. Brown is caring and an excellent diagnostician. If he doesn't know the answer to one of your questions, which is rare, he makes sure to get an answer for you. If I call for an appointment, I never wait longer than a day or two to be seen. If I don't understand something about my care, he patiently explains things to me. He's been my doctor for 15 years and I have changed health care plans to keep him as my PCP.
Author:
Dr Brown has been my PCP for 6 years and I have been extremely pleased with his approach to my health and well being. He communicates effectively and has an easy going but direct approach to discussing and dealing with any and all issues that arise. I would recommend him to everyone. Keep up the great work!
Author:
Dr. Brown has always taken the time to explains what needs to be done and follows up what he says he in going to do. We have been going to him since 2005. The Best
Author:
Dr Brown is extremely personable and caring. He looks at you when he speaks, not his computer. I had heard many good comments about him and feel fortunate being one of his patient
Author:
Dr. Brown is many things to me. He is cheerful, he listens, he cares about my problem, he does not rush you out the door, and most important he knows his stuff... I truly trust his GREAT judgement. As a plus, his office staff is very pleasant, courteous, and get you in and out without delays due to over booking. You won't be disappointed!
Author:
Dr. Brown is one of the most caring persons I have ever known...he treats his patients like family. I have complete confidence in him. Whenever I sit down with all my questions, I never feel rushed. Great considerate doctor!
Author:
Dr. Brown is efficient, friendly and appropriately refers when necessary. The office and nursing staffs are friendly and competent. I highly recommend this practice
Author:
This was my 3rd visit with Dr. Brown. I can say that I have total confidence in Dr. Brown that he is giving me very professional care. Dr. Brown is extremely knowledgeable and the bonus is he has a very friendly personality.
Author:
Dr Brown is first class dr .takes the time to.talk to you and ask questions , not in a hurry to get you out. And he explains what he wants to do.
Author:
Excellent service. All details handled in a timely and efficient manner.
Author:
Dr. Brown and Family Care Specialists serve our family with care and competence at the highest level. We are grateful!
Author:
DR Brown is outstanding have recommend friends. Hs staff is also excellent including his assistant nurse
Author:
Dr. Brown and staff are kind, friendly, and caring. Scheduling normal visits is typically two weeks, however for urgent care was seen same day. Love the by appointment only! With no walk-ins they are actually able to keep appointment times. Typical wait 5-10 minutes. On the rare occasion I've had to wait 20-30 minutes because they took the needed time with prior patient-I still had excellent not-rushed attention on my time with Doctor. The entire atmosphere is calm and pleasant. Only allowed to give 5 stars but these folks go above and beyond!
Thank you so much for the positive feedback! We take pride in serving the community and appreciate the kind words!
Author:
This facility is one of the best. I have been going here since moving to Florida and i get the best of care.
Author:
Dr. Brown always take the time to talk with patients and never feel rushed.
Great !!!
Author:
My dad was his patient for years. My dad developed a medical problem with constipation. Dr. Brown told him to just take Metamucil for it. Never went further with any type of testing to rule out physical diseases/illnesses. My dad died of cancer that spread throughout his lower body organs. There was a lot going on that wasn't diagnosed or misdiagnosed.
Thank you for sharing this feedback. We take these concerns very seriously and would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your feedback offline. You can reach us at 352-245-1111 between the hours of 8am and 5pm. Please ask for Kim W., Practice Manager.
Author:
Although busy Dr Brown always has time to listen and make suggestions. The most patient doctor I have ever had for.my care and well being. Highly recommend.
Author:
My wife and I love Dr. Brown, but there have been a few occasions when I needed to see him in a emergency situation that he was not available, so I had to go to walk in clients or the the ER. I know Dr. Brown is probably overwhelmed at times with all his patients, but there should be some provisions for emergency cases, without having to go else where. I guess I'm just used to a family Doctor being there when I need him/her.
Author:
My experience has been great!
Author:
I've retired from the Navy and I've been a patient of Dr. Brown for the past 8 years. He is caring, listens and wants the best for his patients. I believe Dr. Brown genuinely wants me to feel better and that's why I keep going back. I came in with a list of questions and he answered each one of them. and provided me with feedback. When I ran out of my list he asked if there were any other questions. Dr. Brown took the time to make sure I had all my old questions and any new ones.Thanks Dr. Brown
Author:
Your office would not honor an appointment I made through the online system. I found out when I called in to check on it. Office told me new patients cannot schedule online but you obviously had it in your system since this email assumes I showed up! I stated that I was a new patient when I scheduled online. It appears that the office just wanted to postpone my appt. which they did until November! Does the doctor really want new patients? Sounds like the staff doesn't.
Author:
Dr. Brown is compassionate, personable and easy to talk to. You can tell he loves what he does and his genuinely concerned for his patients. He is thorough, he listens and he follows through. I feel confident each time I see him that he will have my best interest in mind. I would, and I do, recommend him to anyone who is looking for a genuine, caring, and knowledgeable doctor.
Author:
He is wonderful and caring
Author:
Dr. Brown really cares about all his patients. He never rushes you in and out of his office. He answers all questions and concerns and, If necessary, he will refer you to a specialist. Wonderful experience at this practice.
Author:
Dr. Brown is Amazing! I feel so fortunate to have him as my primary care physician. I give him the highest possible recommendation! My husband and I Trust him with our health conditions Explicitly!! Respectfully,Raydene Evans
Author:
The BEST doctor I have ever gone to. I hope he doesn't retire til after I die. It took a long time to find someone as caring and knowledgeable as Dr. Brown.
Author:
Dr. James Brown was recommended to me by a neighbor. What an excellent recommendation! Dr. James Brown exhibited a true concern with my questions. He is very likable, personal, professional, patient, and nice. He explained professionally his recommendations all with a very pleasant and professional manner. He took his time.... I was not rushed out of the door as many would do. Yes, I like him, I trust him, and I am very happy I was recommended to him. ????
Author:
I was looking for a new doctor who would treat me like a person, not a number. Dr. Brown was friendly, thorough, took his time answering all my questions and even offered insights to some medical issues I hadn't thought of. I'm glad I switched doctors.
Author:
I would definitely recommend Dr. Brown. As a matter of fact I have sent several new patients to him. He always takes time to listen to my concerns & answer my questions. Never feel rushed.
Author:
Dr Brown has been the Primary Care Physician for my wife and I for 5 years now. He and his staff are always on top of any medical conditions we have had. Any of the medical specialists he has recommended have been great too. I would recommend him to anyone needing a Primary Physician.
Author:
Dr. Brown greets patients with a warm welcome and responds to concerns with outstanding breadth and depth of knowledge and understanding. He communicates and relates with kindness, caring and a positive outlook. He is one of the best doctors I've ever had the privilege of knowing.
Author:
Dr. Brown treats each of his patients as individuals, listens to your concerns, answers all questions in understandable language, and does not rush through the appointment. His easy manner and ready smile puts you at ease immediately when meeting him. I would highly recommend Dr. Brown.
Author:
Dr. Brown always takes the time to listen to his patients.
Author:
Dr. Brown listens to you. He is compassionate and always has a good answer. His years of experience and ease of manner always make me comfortable. He and his staff are efficient and helpful which creates a friendly atmosphere.
Author:
We were so fortunate to find Dr. Brown as our family doctor. We had just moved to Florida and didn't really know anyone to ask or give us a recommendation. We looked in the phone book and picked his name! He has been probably the best doctor we have ever had. He's very personable, very intelligent, and always answers our questions. He spends all the time we need to talk to us and will recommend a specialist if he feels we need additional care. We would highly recommend Dr. Brown.
Author:
Being a new patient, Dr. Brown took time with me and I never felt rushed. He is very professional and explains things thoroughly. The office staff and assistants were courteous and helpful. I would highly recommend Dr. Brown to others.
Author:
This is a very efficient and Professional Practice from The front office check in & out staff to Dr. Brown’s back office staff Karen & Chandra. I feel Dr Brown is a wonderful diagnostician and a truly caring doctor & human being. I highly recommend this practice . B Hale
Author:
He listens , asks questions , takes enough time and is very deliberate with his recommendations for the care he proposes. I can't say enough good things about him and his staff. I recently had a question, they took the info. and at 5:10 pm after closing, he called back with an answer. My recommendation to anyone would definately be YES -YES -YES.
Author:
I am very grateful to my neighbor for recommending Dr. Brown to me. Dr. Brown is very kind and I trust his judgements. I am 91 years old, have met many physicians in my lifetime and I like Dr. Brown the best. Nurses and support staff are very friendly, supportive and telephone calls are returned quickly.
Author:
Been going to Dr Brown for 18 years. He listens to your problem and he gives you his solution and listens to what you have to say about it. You get plenty of office time and if you want a Family Medicine Dr. he is the right one.
Author:
Dr. Brown has an excellent bedside manner. I feel I can trust him and confide in him.
Author:
DR. BROWN IS ALWAYS KNOWLEDGEABLE, PROMPT, FRIENDLY, AND COURTEOUS. HE IS UP TO DATE ON OTHER SPECIALISTS, AND THEIR TREATMENTS WHICH I AM SEEING ON HIS RECOMMENDATION. THE OFFICE STAFF AND HIS NURSES ARE MAGNIFICENT. THE LAB PERSONNEL ARE TOP-NOTCH AND VERY FRIENDLY. I COULD NOT EVER FIND A BETTER FAMILY DOCTOR. GOD BLESS--PAUL SILVIS
Author:
He takes the time to listen to you and is obviously interested in your wellbeing
Thank you for taking a moment to share such kind words!
Author:
I have had Dr. Brown for both my husband and myself for I think 19 years now. I was an office manager for 6 Internist where I come from and I know a great doctor when I see one. I would not trade Dr. Brown for anything. He explains everything in such a way that you will always understand him. He is very compassionate and understanding. He has seen us thru some serious things and just recently has helped me get thru the death of my husband. Without his help, I don’t think I would have made
Thank you for taking a moment to share such kind words.