Dr. James M. Bried, MD

91 reviews| Leave a review

Patient Testimonials

Personal Bio

Dr. Bried's Experience

See how Dr. Bried's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Bried

Dr. Bried accepts 19 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Bried has admitting privileges.

Dr. Bried's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bried to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Bried
Dr. Bried's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (84)
in Ramona, CA |
After several office visits for cortisone injections in my knee Dr. Bried recommended a partial knee replacement. The surgery was done on Friday, Feb. 3rd at Poway, Ca, surgery center and took less than an hour for the procedure. I was in at noon and out by 5pm. It has been just two weeks since I had the surgery and because of Dr. Bried's excellent work my recovery has been fantastic. Dr. Bried is an excellent orthopedic surgeon and is highly recommended.
in Poway, CA |
Dr. Bried operated on my shoulder and the outcome was fantastic. I experienced very little pain - only needed to take 1 hydroco/acetam the second night for sleep. The post op office visit was equally satisfying as Dr. Bried took time to review what he found during the procedure and explained how he was able to address the issue.
in fallbrook, CA |
Exceptional surgeon. A total shoulder replacement in Jan. '16. ZERO pain from date of surgery forward, and golfing within 3.5 months. Total knee replacement 3 weeks ago and able to walk and function the day after surgery. Played my 1st 9 holes 17 days later. More discomfort with the knee, but walking on it with full body weight immediately. He is a caring, personable physician with a friendly support staff in an unbelievably efficient office. No better orthopedic surgeon.
in San Diego, CA |
Dr. Bried has been our orthopedic surgeon for 10 years. He has repaired our shoulders and my hip with excellent results. If it is at all possible, he will recommend other courses of action (physical therapy, exercise) before opting for surgery. He has his own surgery facility, which minimizes the risk of infection. We recommend him without reservations.
in San Diego CA 92127 |
Everything he said would happen came true. Greatest Doctor I ever had, service in Office and hospital were all phenomenal.
in Warner Springs , Ca |
My father had a total hip replacement on August 30 , 2016. 6 hours post operative my father was walking with physical therapy :) he is 2 weeks post op and is continuing to excel in his daily therapy. Dr Brief along with his excellent staff took tremendous care of my father. I highly recommend Dr. Brief to anyone out there needing a hip replacement.
in Chula Vista, CA |
Excellent doctor who first see your point of view of your problem and always provide alternatives for the solution.
in Temecula, CA |
Thank you for sharing your experiences! I had total right knee replacement 8/2, was back home and walking unassisted 8/3, back to driving by 8/17 and performed a 3-hour concert with my band on 8/20. AMAZING. I'm still in physical therapy to regain my range of motion, but I can already straighten my knee totally and can bend it enough to walk up the stairs one foot after the other without too much pain from the surgery. The joint pain is GONE. I'm having the left knee done 10/25. Thrilled!!
in Poway, CA |
Went to Dr. Bried to get a second opinion. He was great. He figured out what was wrong and corrected it. The other doctor told me pain was my new reality. Office waits are a little long but that is because he actually takes the time to diagnose and answer questions. Can't say enough good things about him.
in San Diego |
I received a total right knee replacement on 29 March 2016. Dr. Bried and staff are the most professional team I have ever encountered. Less then two weeks out of surgery, my family friends & PT staff are amazed at my progress... I would enthusiastically & highly recommend Dr. Bried to any and all who would require his professional ability, excellent care & expertise.
in Vista ca |
He has done two full knee replacements and both were a total success! He is a caring doctor with a lot of experience! He exhausts all avenues before suggesting surgery. I trust him and would recommend him to any family member.
in Carlsbad, CA |
I have had two total hip replacements in the past six months, both performed by Dr. Bried. He is a talented surgeon, respected by those in the medical profession and he made me feel safe and secure before, during and after my surgeries.
Exceptional experience with Dr Bried. He is not too quick to recommend surgery but when required he is thorough in his explanation and superior quility patient care. I prefer his direct and factual presentation of the options.
Carlsbad, CA |
I had Total Knee Replacement with Dr. Bried and the most important part is the outcome. It was awesome. I have no pain and my knee feels better than it has for at least 10 or more years.
in San Diego, CA |
Dr. Bried performed a full left hip replacement for me on 12/30/15. the surgery began at about 9:30 am and I was up and walking-cautiously- with a physical trainer by 3:30 pm. I was home having lunch with my wife at noon the next day, 27 hours after the operation began. From the initial appointment with Dr. Bried, thru the 2 hour preparation class with several different nurses and staff, and with the pre-op staff and post-op staff, everyone was very professional, knowledgeable and pleasant.
in Ramona, CA |
Dan from Ramona. I had full knee replacement surgery on November 30, 2015. I want to thank Dr. Bried for how quickly I was able to respond in riding my mountain bike, right after surgery.
First of all I waited for an hour and a half to be seen. I have a finger that needs surgery and this doctor said it was fine. He took off my splint and told me to buddy tape the fingers together and start moving my broken finger. Note, my finger is not aligned correctly and I will need a pin to hold it in the correct place. He did not look at me once when I was talking to him and gave me incorrect information which made my finger worse. The total time he spend in my room did not exceed 5 min.
in Ramona, ca. |
I would like to thank Dr. Bried and his staff for the great care I received during my knee replacement surgery; I am most grateful to be able and participate in sports activities again. It is like starting a new, painfree life ! Thank you Dr. Bried, Bea Hoskins
in Poway, CA |
I had shoulder surgery from Dr. Bried and it was the easiest, best surgery ever! He explained everything that I should expect and was willing to answer all my questions. My recovery was exactly as I was told, with no complications. Great experience!!
Have you seen Dr. James M. Bried, MD?
Are you Dr. Bried?

Compare Dr. Bried

Dr. Bried says...

Dr. James Bried is an orthopedic surgeon specializing in sports medicine and adult reconstructive surgery. He has been active in developing innovative techniques for minimally invasive surgery.

Dr. Bried is an active member of the American Association of Orthopedic Surgeons and the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons. He has served as the president of the Western Orthopedic Association, San Diego Chapter. Dr. Bried is a member of the clinical faculty at UCSD and has been an instructor at the San Diego Shoulder Association. Dr. Bried has also been selected as one of America's Top Orthopedists.

Dr. Bried graduated with honors at the University of Arizona with a Bachelor of Science in Biology as well as his Medical Doctorate. He completed internship and residency in orthopedics at the University Medical Center in Tucson.

Dr. Bried lives in Poway with his wife and has four children. He has been involved in coaching youth baseball and softball as well as a team physician to local high schools. He enjoys running, tennis, golf and skiing.

Dr. Bried's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Bried has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Bried's Board Certifications

• Clavicle Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Morton's Neuroma
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Rotator Cuff Surgery
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results