Dr. James Bried, MD

Orthopedic Surgery •  Male • Age 62

Telehealth services available

Dr. James Bried, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Poway, CA. Dr. Bried has more experience with Hip/Pelvic Bones, Shoulder/Upper Arm, and Hand/Wrist than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Palomar Medical Center Poway and Palomar Medical Center Downtown Escondido. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Bried to book an appointment.

Arch Health Medical Group

Dr. Bried's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Bried

Dr. Bried?
What People Say About Dr. James Bried, MD
My experience with Dr Bried was excellent.He and the staff are very professional and organized.I had a total knee replacement and had my 6 week office visit with Dr Bried.I have great results and so happy that I went to Dr Bried.He gets a 5 star from me.
Stephanie Fay – Jun 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Bried, MD?
Dr. Breid replaced my right knee joint. All of his joint replacement patients are required to attend a class preparing them for post-op life. Everything has gone well 6 weeks out.
Lee Graham – Jun 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Bried, MD?
I had an amazing experience with Dr. Bried. I was a new patient to him on May 6, 2020. He was able to do my arthroscopic knee surgery May 12 for a torn meniscus. My follow up appointment was May 18. My recovery has been terrific so far. I highly recommend Dr. Bried.
Cindy Best Knight – May 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Bried, MD?
Dr. Bried was very kind, professional and to the point when I had my initial appointment with him. I was to have right hip surgery. After the operation I had minimal pain, and the staff at the hospital took excellent care of me. I feel so fortunate that Dr. Bried was my surgeon.
May 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Bried, MD?
My hip replacement surgery of 3/10/20 went very well and I am recovering nicely.
Christina Williams – Apr 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Bried, MD?
I can't speak highly enough about the exceptional care I received from Dr. Bried and his team during my recent (January 2020) total knee replacement. From time of diagnosis to pre-op preparation (via office visit, hospital pre-op class, and communication through the CarePath portal) to day of surgery and recovery, every step was executed in the most professional, efficient, and caring manor. Dr. Bried and his team were laser focused on my successful outcome and they totally accomplished that. I am 2 months post-surgery and am enjoying a full range of activities including hiking, biking, and resistance training. I highly recommend Dr. Bried for any orthopedic procedure one may be considering.
Mar 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Bried, MD?
He has fixed both my shoulder and rebuilt my right knee. Went from pain that you could ever imagine to being able to do pull ups and snow skii again
Jeff Wilson – Mar 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Bried, MD?
In 2017, Dr. Bried repaired my completely torn rotator cuff; after another surgeon told me that it could not be repaired. I now have full use of my arm. Last month, I had a knee replacement, and three weeks after surgery, I am walking and feeling great. I can't wait until another month passes and I will have full use of my leg. Dr. Bried is conscientious, talented and a great doctor. He takes the time to answer all questions you have, and he puts you at ease before the surgery. I attend to have my other knee replaced within the next 6 weeks.
Jan 07, 2020
Thank you so much for your 5-star review of Dr....Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Bried, MD?
Dr Bried replaced my right shoulder. Amazing job and I returned to surfing in less than 6 months. I highly recommend Dr Bried
Dec 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Bried, MD?
I recently had two total knee replacements performed by Dr. Bried. I now have a new lease on life, without the pain I had! Dr. Bried and his office are extremely helpful, friendly and professional. I would like to commend Dr. Bried on the whole process, from the informational class to the rehab. There were no surprises. One of the things that amazed me was the outstanding communications from everyone in the different organizations (office, hospital, and rehab); everyone was on the same page from start to finish. The surgeries went extremely well because of Dr. Bried’s preparation, expertise, and efficiency. He was easily available to answer questions or to talk to the physical therapist on progress. Thank you Dr. Bried. I would 100% recommend Dr. Bried.
Bob Farthing – Nov 10, 2019
Mr. Farthing, thank you for taking the time to...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Bried, MD?
Dr. Bried has repaired and/or treated every orthopedic problem in our family for 20+ years, and now it was my turn. On 9/24/19 Dr. Bried performed Total Knee Replacment (TKR) surgery on my left knee. His office staff did a great job helping me plan for the surgery, the Pomerado Hospital surgical team that Dr. Bried has assembled was exceptional, and his recommended pain mangement protocols kept me virtually pain free. After two weeks of in home physical therapy I am walking on my own with almost 90 degrees of range of motion in my new knee without pain. I have since learned that the joint replacement program that Dr. Bried has built is one of the top programs in the state, driven by the expertise developed by performing 8,000+ surgical procedures in his career. If you are considering joint replacement surgery, I would strongly recommend you consider using Dr. Bried for your procedure. I am so pleased with my first TKR, Dr. Bried is replacing my second knee in 6 weeks!
Pat S. – Oct 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Bried, MD?
Dr. Bried performed a hip replacement on my 83 year old father, and he’s like a new person now! Dr. Bried operated as soon as possible, and my dad was taking his first steps just a new hours later. Both he and his staff were professional and kind.
Nicole Contos Smyth – Jul 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Bried, MD?
I am so happy with the entire process from diagnosis through follow through appointment for my knee replacement surgery this month. It was a very successful experience all around! Dr. Bried was professional and caring as he and his staff prepared me for this life changing surgery. The congenial office staff were each experts in their field. The overnight hospital stay proved very helpful and our home health PT was educational and encouraging. All of this combined gave me confidence in myself that I could be part of the team. I’m in outpatient therapy now and that is the frosting on the cake. Bottom Line: Dr. Bried has put together a smart and collaborative team to care for his patients. I highly recommend Dr. Bried without exception.
MJ Heggeness in San Diego, CA – Jun 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Bried, MD?
Hi, i just wanted everyone to know that Dr. Bried and his lovely staff were spot on and nailed it. This was my 3rd surgery in 15 years on my right shoulder, 2 other doctors did my last 2 surgeries. I feel great and the pain is totally gone. He is a no nonsense doctor and gets right to the point. I would highly recommend Dr. Bried and his staff.
May 21, 2019
Fabulous experience.
Michele Lane in Poway – Jan 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Bried, MD?
I'm a Chiropractor, so when I had a shoulder injury that I needed a medical evaluation I did a lot of research. I chose Dr. Bried due to his ratings and comments from two review sites (this one included). Dr. Bried was everything I had hoped for. He sent me straight for an MRI and then gave me treatment options along with his professional opinion. (Which I followed and am doing much better today.) Unfortunately I fractured a finger playing softball two days ago, so will be seeing him soon.
Dr. Robert Simmons in San Diego, CA – Nov 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Bried, MD?
In the past five months I have had three surgeries, a hip replacement, and two knee replacements. I’m so happy with my choice to have Dr. Bried do my surgeries, he is knowledgeable and easy to work with. His office staff, hospital affiliation, and home physical therapy are equally the same. My progress is going very well and I never experienced a lot of pain. I strongly recommend Dr. Bried for any adult replacement.
Nov 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Bried, MD?
My wife found Dr. Bried through this site so I know first hand how important these reviews can be to a patient. We found Dr. Bried when the doctor to whom we were originally recommended had to reschedule me to a date that was too far out to be acceptable. I did not know that would be my good fortune. This text box does not allow me to adequately describe how absolutely thrilled I am with Dr. Bried and his team. I don't know anyone else who can make a total hip replacement a positive event.
Marty Conrad in Carlsbad, CA – Oct 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Bried, MD?
Dr. Bried was absolutely phenomenal! From his ability to diagnose and understand what my personal goals were for post knee surgery and what I needed to do before and after surgery were a tremendous help. He was intentional, caring, and always sincere. He would answer my calls and texts at any point in the day within minutes, and helped me recover even being 3 states away! I would absolutely go back to him in a heartbeat for anything I have. Not to mention, my knee is stronger than it was before!
CVaccaro in Dallas, TX – Oct 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Bried, MD?
I can't really explain how terrible this guy's bedside manner is. He is prickly for no reason and incredibly insulting and condescending. I've never experienced anything like it. Plenty of other doctors out there, so I strongly recommend staying away from this one.
SAN DIEGO, CA – Sep 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Bried, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Bried?

Dr. Bried accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Bried has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(442) 274-0568Find providers who accept this insurance

No malpractice claims found for California

Hip/Pelvic Bones

Hip surgery includes arthroscopy, fracture repair, resurfacing, and replacment to treat conditions affecting the hip, such as arthritis, dysplasia, and injuries.

Typically treats 86% more than their peers

Based on claims data for 4 conditions and procedures

Osteoarthritis of Hip

Dr. Bried treats Osteoarthritis of Hip more than 98% of their peers

Dr. Bried treats this condition more than 98% of their peers

Enthesopathy of Hip (incl. Trochanteric Bursitis)
high

Dr. Bried treats Enthesopathy of Hip (incl. Trochanteric Bursitis) more than 86% of their peers

Dr. Bried treats this condition more than 86% of their peers

Hip Sprain

Dr. Bried treats Hip Sprain more than 82% of their peers

Dr. Bried treats this condition more than 82% of their peers

Shoulder/Upper Arm

Shoulder and upper arm conditions include arthritis, bursitis, rotator cuff injuries, and dislocations, with treatment options such as surgery or physical therapy.

Typically treats 77% more than their peers

Shoulder Impingement Syndrome

Dr. Bried treats Shoulder Impingement Syndrome more than 90% of their peers

Dr. Bried treats this condition more than 90% of their peers

Hand/Wrist

Hand and wrist conditions including arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, Dupuytren's contracture, and fractures or sprains, with treatment options such as surgery or physical therapy.

Typically treats 70% more than their peers

Trigger Finger Release

Dr. Bried performs Trigger Finger Release more than 79% of their peers

Dr. Bried performs this procedure more than 79% of their peers

Knee/Lower Limbs

Knee and lower limb surgeons perform procedures such as total knee replacement, partial knee replacement, and tendor repair, to treat conditions including arthritis, ligament tears, or bone fractures.

Typically treats 63% more than their peers

• Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Excision of Femur or Knee
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot and Ankle Dislocation Treatment, Closed
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Morton's Neuroma
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Trigger Finger
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate
  • Wrist Fracture

Dr. James Bried is an orthopedic surgeon specializing in sports medicine and adult reconstructive surgery. He has been active in developing innovative techniques for minimally invasive surgery.

Dr. Bried is an active member of the A...

• Hip & Knee Orthopedics