Dr. James Boyle III, DDS

Dr. James Boyle III, DDS

Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery  |
Dr. James Boyle is a Board-Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon, with a Doctorate of Dental Surgery from Northwestern University and a Master of Science degree from University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. He practices the full scope of oral and maxillofacial surgery and has active privileges at several hospitals in York, Dauphin and Lancaster counties. In addition to serving as Chief of the Wellspan OMS Division of the Departments of Surgery and Dentistry, he also instructs dental residents in the York Hospital General Residency Program. He is currently the President-Elect of the Pennsylvania Dental Association and is Past-President of the Pennsylvania Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons. James Boyle is a native of Pasadena, California and attended high school in York, Pennsylvania. He was a Varsity letter winner in both baseball and volleyball while an undergraduate student at the University of Pittsburgh. He is a 22-year veteran of the U.S. Navy and retired at rank of Commander, USNR. Dr. Boyle enjoyed being a PIAA basketball referee for about 10 years and also pitched for Pleasureville Hawks in the men's Central Baseball League in York County. He is actively involved in Boy Scouts of America, and enjoys coaching girls and boys basketball. He and his wife, Jane, have 5 children, 2 grandchildren, and live in York County where they are active supporters of their church, local schools, community arts and youth activities. Diplomate, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Fellow, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons ADA Council Dental Education & Licensure, Chair ADA Continuing Education Recognition Program, Committee Chair ADA Licensure Committee ADA Task Force on Student Debt ADA Delegate/Alternate Delegate 2006 – 2014 ADA Reference Committee on Membership AAOMS Healthcare Advocacy Committee Pennsylvania State Board of Dentistry Anesthesia Committee 2004 – present Past-President, Pennsylvania Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons 2012-2013 PSOMS Treasurer 2009-2011 Director, Pennsylvania Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons Chief, York Hospital (Wellspan) OMS Division of the Departments of Surgery and Dentistry Member, York Hospital (Wellspan) Credentialing Committee Pennsylvania Dental Association – Trustee 2014-2015 Pennsylvania Dental Association - President Elect 2017-2018 PDA Strategic Planning Committee PDA 5th District President 2007 PDA Delegate/Alternate Delegate 2003 – 2014 PDA Action Team Leader Political Action Committee Past President, York County Dental Society Member, Academy of General Dentistry Contributor, American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons Fellow, Cleft Palate and Craniofacial Association Member, American Trauma Society Member, Mid-Atlantic Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

2251 Eastern Blvd Ste 102

York, PA 17402

• Ameritas
  • Capital Blue Cross
  • CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • CompBenefits Corp.

Learn about Dr. Boyle III

See how frequently Dr. Boyle III performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Dentofacial Anomalies

Dr. Boyle III's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Boyle III "Dr. James Boyle has been taking care of patients from south-central Pennsylvania and northern Maryland for over 20 years. His goal is to provide patients with the best treatment of their oral and facial conditions. As a Board-Certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon, Dr. Boyle actively maintains his continuing education and board certifications to be able to provide patients with the best care possible. He believes all patients deserve to be treated with respect and care, and is especially aware that when patients seek treatment they may be nervous or in discomfort. He and staff present cheerful demeanors to make the patient's visit as comfortable as possible. He uses state of the art surgical equipment and provides a professional surgical setting. It is Dr. Boyle's intent to provide the best service and surgical care possible, while maintaining fees that are competitive in the local area. Please contact Dr. Boyle's office with any questions or to set up a consultation appointment."

• Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

• Jaw Fracture
  • Jaw Irregularities
  • Jaw Misalignment Leading to TMJ
  • Jaw Tumor
  • Malocclusion (Bad Bite)
  • Mandibular Hypoplasia

• Jaw Surgery
  • Simple Tooth Extractions
  • Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Surgery
  • Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Treatment

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• University Of Pittsburgh / Main Campus
  • University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1992
  • University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill-Master Of Science
    Other Education | Completed 1992

Dr. Boyle III has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Boyle III has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Boyle III does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Boyle III and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Boyle III's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Boyle III to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Boyle III's Performance
in Wrightsville, PA |
Everything concerning my visit (for a molar extraction) went like precision clockwork. I completed the on-line forms at home. Scheduling was via phone and the day of I came into the office. The staff was friendly and very efficient. When I was called there was no fooling around or wasted time. Dr Boyle did not waste time, was extremely efficient, competent and focused. I have felt little pain and little swelling. If I need any more dental surgery I will absolutely go to Dr Boyle.
Shrewsbury, PA |
Great experience from the initial phone call to the discharge. Very caring. Dr. Boyle is excellent. I will go back to him if need be in the future.
in Windsor, PA |
Dr. Boyle was great. Very professional, fast, and courteous. He got right to the point about what I needed during my review. Operation of removing 4 wisdom teeth went better than I had expected. Although I had 2 impacted only one required stitches due to Dr. Boyle's expertise. I lost no additional teeth which was surprising to me. I highly recommend him for your oral surgery and have already recommended him to one of my coworkers. I couldn't be happier with his work.
in York, PA |
Very informative about my situation and the process that needed to be done. Did an excellent job on the procedure ,had very minimal pain if any in the days following.Job well done.
in York, PA |
Dr. Boyle removed my granddaughter's 4 impacted wisdom teeth and 4 additional teeth per orthodontist for overall improvement with braces. My 14 year old granddaughter was a bit apprehensive, but Dr. Boyle allayed her fears. He explained the procedure in detail and advised her what to expect. She did extremely well post-op, no excessive pain and quick recovery! I would highly recommend Dr. Boyle to my family, friends and neighbors!
in Thornton, PA |
Dr. Boyle was courteous and caring with regard to my situation. Procedures/options were explained to me. Staff was also caring and understanding-- they all had time for me. Thank You so much Dr. Boyle for taking care of me.
in York, PA |
Had a good experience with Dr. Boyle. Had anxiety over pulling a tooth. He assured me I would be okay and I was. Didn't hurt a bit. Thanks Dr. Boyle
York, PA |
Dr. Boyle is very nice and fun, he completed my surgery pretty quickly and I had no complications. Overall a great experience.
in York, PA |
Dr. Boyle and his assistant Kayla L were both wonderful during every visit I had. Dr Boyle recommended I got all 4 wisdom teeth out, and explained why also. The procedure was completely painless and the recovery process was flawless and I believe both are because of Dr. Boyle and his staff. I would highly recommend this surgeon to anyone and everyone!
in York, PA |
I had a great experience with Dr. Boyle. He was very personable during my consult and put me at ease answering any question I had with having sedation for the first time. His staff was really friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend him (and having been recommending him) to my friends who need their wisdom teeth out.
in Dover,PA |
Great Surgeon! Dr. Boyle extracted my wisdom teeth and placed 2 implants. I have jaw problems and I am always concerned with having my mouth open for a long time. It Couldn't be any easier, Dr. Boyle and his staff were very friendly and professional. I am now pain free, and most of all have my smile back. I highly recommend this place!!
Lancaster, PA |
Can't say anything about Dr Boyle's bedside manner because I didn't actually meet him (I was the driver for my adult Daughter's wisdom teeth removal appt). She describes him as stand-offish. Polite but not friendly. I can say that his clinical work is excellent. She was in and out in just over an hour (4 impacted teeth removed). She had virtually no swelling, pain was controlled with OTC meds, healing is looking good. Also, his staff are excellent. Kind, patient, thorough and very competent.
Rockville, MD |
Unwilling to give me a prescription for pain and antibiotics. In pain for a week.
in York Haven, PA |
Loved my experience! Got all four of my impacted wisdom teeth removed. Staff was polite and walked me through all my insurance information. Dr. Boyle was fantastic! He's a little sarcastic, but so am I so we got along famously. He explained everything in complete detail before I went under. I woke in zero pain and didn't even know I had surgery. I slept most of the day and eating was of course a chore. I didn't get one single dry socket and I healed quickly. Best surgery experience I ever had
NO beside manner, very little communication , I wouldn't recommend him ever. Staff is fabulous caring kind pleasant.
in Hanover pa |
I was just in there to get a simple tooth pulled and every question I asked him he had a smart as* answer for it he told me to just take Ibprofuen but a week later jaw is still in pain. Just save your mouth and avoid going to this guy.
York, PA |
Not willing to see patient in pain on a Saturday. Office staff asking for insurance card before explaining how the discount program works. FYI--Ask how much the discount will be before handing over your card. Office staff couldn't be nicer but will be seeking new oral surgeon in future.
in Lewisberry, PA |
The implant coordinator is not professional, truthful or efficient. The billing staff and insurance office do not return calls. I have left voice mail messages 5 times, with no response.
Have you seen Dr. James Boyle III, DDS?
Are you Dr. Boyle III?