Dr. James Bee, MD

Dr. James Bee, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |

Dr. James Bee, MD is an orthopedic spine surgery doctor who practices in Colorado Springs, CO. He is 49 years old. Dr. Bee is affiliated with University of Colorado Health - Memorial Hospital Central and Penrose-St. Francis Health Services.

Colorado Springs Orthopaedic Group

• Travelers
  • WellPoint
  • Worker's Compensation

Learn about Dr. Bee

Colorado Springs Orthopaedic Group is dedicated to comprehensive, specialized and exceptional patient care. Our subspecialized physicians treat sports injuries, hand and arm injuries, foot and ankle problems, back and neck pain, hip and knee conditions and arthritis. Our onsite services include X-ray, MRI, orthotics and prosthetics, physical and occupational therapy and outpatient surgery. Furthermore, our evening and Saturday hours allow same day appointments for your urgent orthopedic needs.

Dr. Bee's Experience

Dr. Bee's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Spine Surgery
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Fracture Treatment
  • Spine Surgery

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• University of California At Los Angeles
  • St John Hospital And Medical Center
  • Wayne State University School Of Med
  • Panorama Orthopedics& Spine Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Bee has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Bee does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bee and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Penrose-St. Francis Health Services

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Bee is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Bee's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bee to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Bee's Performance
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I trust and respect this doctor implicitly. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone important to me. His skill and professionalism is far above the rest and I am so grateful to him for the wonderful work he did for me.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
what's to say I'm 100 percent better no more sciatic pain trust this doctor to help you
Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Bee is a doctor that strives to use the least invasive methodology to address the issues that his patients are experiencing. He is straight forward and to the point, which is a good thing, as honesty about the situation is more important than feelings in my opinion.
Colorado Springs, CO |
Spent a total of 5 minutes with me in a pre-op consultation? and didn't examine my neck. Only after I was under anesthesia on the operating room table did he determine he could not do my ACDF. I wouldn't bring a sick dog to him.
in Pueblo CO |
Before I saw Dr. Bee I could hardly walk due to syatic nerve issue in my L4/5 area. After surgery my quality of life improved so much that I've been able to lose almost 50 pounds. I recommend Dr. Bee as being a great surgeon and doctor.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr.Bee,Helped me with my pain on my lower back. I was on morphing for 15 years. I just got of the moraine last week.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr Bee has fixed me and I couldn't thank him enough. He explained everything to me very clearly and I was very happy with every aspect of my fusion. He had me up and walking in 4 hrs without the pain I was living with for years. He is very upfront and blunt, he doesn't bs you to make you feel better (that's your moms job) he tells you realistic expectations and I have found everything he's told me to be 100% honest. HIGHLY recommend, he's definitely a skilled ortho!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr.Bee, is and was a very respectful, very concerned about patients well being, does not hold back tells like it is , very respectful way , in my opinion a great doctor
Colorado Springs, CO |
Super fast diagnosis and surgery was a success! Thank you!!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
"I know what the problem is and I can fix it." For someone who just spent 4 months in physical therapy with no results and couldn't walk for longer than 5 minutes without pain, this was what I was waiting to hear. Dr. Bee's bedside manner can be a tad brusque at times, but you know without a shadow of a doubt that he knows his craft and can fix the problem. I was pain free after surgery. I would recommend Dr. Bee and his wonderful nurse Karen in a heartbeat. A very grateful patient.....
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Bee did very well at explaining my disc replacement surgery and the possible outcomes. He answered my questions in a straightforward manner. In May, he replaced my two herniated discs between C5 and C7 with artificial ones. Within 6 weeks, I was back to work full time. Within three months, I was feeling better than I had in years.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Bee is fantastic! He explained everything in terms I was able to understand and allowed me to make an informed decision. My discectomy was a success and I can feel my toes for the first time in years! I highly recommend Dr. Bee to anyone considering back surgery.
in Florence, CO |
I injured myself in the military and was suffering with severe back pain for almost two years to include numbness and not being able to sit at a table or in a car longer than 15 minutes. Within 10 days I was off pain medication. I am 6 weeks post-op and am 100% pain free Dr. Bee has been an instrumental part in helping me to have a happy life.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
He has an incredible gift and skill!! I haven't felt this good for decades.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Bee did a great job with my surgery. I had a micro-laminectomy with a spinal decompression L4-L5. He was professional, knowledgeable and explained the procedure and all the possibilities before hand. I think people have to do their homework with back surgery. The results are never the same for each person and you have to follow the post op restrictions. I did to the letter and my surgery was a huge success. Dr. Bee doesn't sugar coat the results or complications that can happen. Recommended!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Bee takes the time to make sure you understand your medical condition well. The first visit he went over my MRI with me in detail, and explained which portions of my pain come from the disc space narrowing and which come from the spinal stenosis. He makes me feel as though I am in control of what happens and makes sure that I feel well informed about all of my treatment options. He does not talk in thick medical terminology but rather in terms that everyone can understand. He's a great doc!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I found Dr. Bee to be condescending on my recent appointment. He was not a good listener and He never asked me if I had any questions. I tried to ask questions but he kept cutting me off. He may be a great surgeon but he needs lessons in bedside manner and compassion. I will not go back. I would never recommend him.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I was in so much pain when I went and saw Dr. Bee.. I ended up having two C3-C7 Cervical Fusion surgeries.. Now I am Pain Free!!! Dr. Bee is wonderful!- Have to say when I first met him , he was serious. Do Not think anything about that-- He is professional.. Going into both surgeries he makes you feel relaxed and after surgery he makes sure you are not in pain when you wake up. He tells you everything he does.. Wonderful Doctor!!! My name is Cindy--I would be glad to talk to you..
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Bee has been incredible with his care to my wife. He is very particular in how he operates and he treated my wife as if she was his...an incredible surgeon. I am so grateful that our Oncologist referred Dr. Bee to us and we thank God for him. Thank you Dr. Bee!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Quick, knowledgeable, and in my case, life changing. Highly recommend at anyone with pain.
Have you seen Dr. James Bee, MD?
Are you Dr. Bee?

Colorado Springs, CO 80907
University of Colorado Health - Memorial Hospital Central
1400 E Boulder St
Colorado Springs, CO 80909

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Bee at Colorado Springs Orthopaedic Group

Orthopedic Surgery Specialist