Dr. James Andriotis, MD

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry ·  Male · Age 41

Dr. Andriotis

Child & Family Psychiatry, Inc

989 Reservoir Ave Ste 101 Cranston, RI 02910

Dr. James Andriotis, MD is a child & adolescent psychiatry specialist in Cranston, RI. He specializes in child & adolescent psychiatry.

Dr. Andriotis accepts

Dr. Andriotis accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Autism
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Phobia
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

Dr. Andriotis' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Andriotis

2.3

Dr. Andriotis?
Dr. Andriotis' Performance
What People Say About Dr. James Andriotis, MD
He is always giving me grief as soon as I express any concern about the medications I am on. If I calmly explain that I have trouble focusing and getting started on work, he basically tells me that it’s all my fault and that I should just sit down and focus. He’s always pushing me to stay on a medicine in the adderall family. You basically have to prepare an essay on why you don’t think your current medicine is working before he’ll even consider listening to you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Andriotis, MD?
Dr. Andriotis has been excellent in working with our kids and managing the co-parenting environment of a split household.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Andriotis, MD?
Dr. Andriotis is arrogant, self-important and does NOT listen. He seems to chalk everything up to bad parenting and stubborn, disobedient kids instead of legitimate psychiatric issues. He is extremely condescending and lacks compassion. Definitely the worst mental health care provider I've ever seen. Spare yourself the trouble and keep looking!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Andriotis, MD?
Dr. Andriotis is an awful doctor to say the least. If you are looking for a psychiatrist, please go find someone other than him. If you are looking to have someone belittle you, then he’s the right guy for you. If not, go take your money elsewhere. The best part about the experience was being able to walk out of his office.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Andriotis, MD?
My doctor referred us to this office for my child and he prepared us that it would be a few months to get in. New patient appointments are either in the middle of the morning or in the middle afternoon. So, I was trying to get an appointment during a school vacation and was told he typically did not work during school vacations. I'll never understand why professionals who work with children think having appointments in the middle of a school day is appropriate. Children NEED to be in school!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Andriotis, MD?
ABSOLUTELY terrible. Totally agree with the comment about Dr. Andriotis being pompous. What a waste of time! No care for the person-they are just another paycheck for him! Don’t waste your time, go to someone who actually cares for the people they treat, not someone who is going to sit there and judge you. Quick to prescribe meds without taking the proper care. All I could think about was when the appointment would end answer how very much I would have liked to slap him across his pompous face.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Andriotis, MD?
This doctor is extremely unprofessional and actually quite pompous. This 39 yr old man thinks he knows it all. Hysterical. Doctors like him are truly dangerous. He honestly comes off like he doesn’t even like his job or people for that matter. Do yourself a favor and don’t waste your time with him. There’s much better out there.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Andriotis, MD?
Dr. Andriotis was the first psychologist I ever saw when I was 15 years old. When I told him I was having difficulty in school, especially with concentrating and proscratination, he actually laughed in my face. He told me point blank without further discussion that I didn’t have ADHD. Years passed, I barely made it out of high school, and I was diagnosed with ADHD at age 19. Please see someone that will listen to you and not make you feel inferior, stupid, and more crazy than you think you are.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Andriotis, MD?
Very rude staff when I called Gave me different answers to my questions Staff talked over my voice when I was trying to explain what I needed
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Andriotis, MD?
My son has being seeing Dr. Andriotis for 5 years now. This doctor is exceptional. He is patient, intelligent, honest, caring, and thoughtful. Even when I wanted a second opinion on a diagnosis, Dr. Andriotis was kind and supportive. The second opinion confirmed the diagnosis and we continue treatment with Dr. Andriotis. My son has ups and downs, the medication he is on now is keeping him stable and living a healthy life. I am very grateful for the experience and care that we receive.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Andriotis, MD?
The doctor was very insightful and educated us on the pro's and cons of medication for treating my sons ADHD and anxiety.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Andriotis, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Andriotis?