Dr. James Adams, DO

Diagnostic Radiology •  Male • Age 57

Dr. Adams

New Concepts Open MRI

612 Rosewood Dr Kirksville, MO 63501

Dr. James Adams, DO is a Diagnostic Radiology Specialist in Kirksville, MO and has over 29 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Med At Still University Of Health Sciences medical school in 1991. He is affiliated with Northeast Regional Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Adams to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Diagnostic Radiology Specialists in your area

See similar Diagnostic Radiology Specialists in Kirksville

• Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Good Patient Care
    Patients said they had exceptional care at this hospital. See hospitals

Dr. Adams accepts

Dr. Adams accepts the following insurance:

American Enterprise Group
Simply Healthcare Plans
Staywell (Wellcare)
Wellcare of Georgia
Medicaid

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Missouri

Check if Dr. Adams treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Adams' conditions and procedures:

• Arthrography
  • Breast MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
  • MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. James Adams, DO...

Offer an online patient portal?

Have free onsite parking?

Offer evening visits?

Communicate via email?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Dr. Adams' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Adams

Dr. Adams?
New Concepts Open MRI is the best MRI facility around! It's always a great atmosphere and Dr Adams is always super helpful!
Jul 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Adams, DO?
Facility was warm and inviting. The staff was amazing! They made me feel so comfortable and at ease. Talked me through each step, Dr. Adams showed me my images before I left. That made me feel better knowing something without waiting for my physician to call.
Sara – Jul 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Adams, DO?
Needed a brain MRI due to headaches. Entire staff was very helpful. Dr Adams reviewed the images with me, asking questions, sharing information, pointing out everything that might concern me and assuring me no tumor or other abnormalities existed. He reassured me that my brain looked healthier than average people my age. He spent about 20 to 25 minutes with me. I felt he was truly concerned about my health and I left feeling all my questions were answered in a kind and thorough way. I will highly recommend him and New Concepts Open MRI to anyone needing these services.
May 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Adams, DO?
I fell on Feb 17, 2020 and had been in pain for 3 months. I scheduled an MRI and was seen by Dr. Adams afterward. He is very patient and explains everything you need to know about the MRI. He asks questions about the reason for the injury and gives his opinion on what the next steps should be. I have been to New Concepts Open MRI in the past and found this appointment to be just as successful as the last. I love the fact that you get the results immediately and don't have to wait on a consultation with your primary doctor. Would highly recommend New Concepts Open MRI and Dr Adams!!
May 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Adams, DO?
Dr. Adams spent time with me making sure he had all of the information and then reviewed the results with me. He took time to explain everything and how it could stem from my injury. The best part is it was done right there immediately after the MRI and within hours a complete report was sent to my PCP.
May 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Adams, DO?
Nice guy, explained a lot about what we were looking at, helpful.
Kevin East – May 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Adams, DO?
Dr. Adams was exceptional in sharing his time to review and explain the results from the MRI, to allow me to ask questions, to provide sources for information relating to my condition, and to listen to my concerns and really hear and understand what I was talking about with him. This was the first time for me to have an MRI and he and his technician, Kyle, as well as Donna, his administrative assistant, made me feel comfortable and at ease during this procedure. Thank you to each of you for making this a pleasant experience for me.
Janet Gayle Waldron – Feb 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Adams, DO?
The staff was extremely nice and helpful. Kyle was very helpful at explaining things to my 14 year old daughter, who was extremely nervous. Dr. Adams reviewed the imaging with us after the MRI was finished. He explained in detail, what he was looking at. It put our minds at easy, when he explained that her brain was perfectly healthy with no signs of a tumor or anything else. That made my daughter feel extremely happy and less worried about her health. It is nice to be able to get your results from the doctor right then and there, instead of having to wait days or even weeks to get the results. I highly recommend Dr. Adams and his staff to anyone. They make you feel like family!!
Tileana Combs – Oct 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Adams, DO?
When I called Dr. Adams’ office, I didn’t know it, but it was closed. Dr. Adams answered the phone anyway, and talked to me about what my husband was going through with his back. He then called and talked to my husband and told us to come on over and he’d do an mri for us. He couldn’t have been better. He sent an email and the results to my husband’s surgeon and he had surgery two weeks later. We highly recommend Dr. Adams.
angela pearson – Jul 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Adams, DO?
I have always had an issue handling MRIs as I am somewhat claustrophobic. I was in the Open MRI machine with a helmet-type camera over my head for over 1.5 hours and the only issue I had was that my sinus was draining I had to cough or choke. As for the result, I truly appreciated having the opportunity to sit down with Dr. Adams, have him show me the results & explain what he was seeing. It helped me considerably to be able to leave there with an explanation of my symptoms.
Sharron Howard in Milan – May 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Adams, DO?
Dr. Adams was very helpful and knowledgeable. He was able to put my 12 year old son at ease and explained everything in terms my son could understand. Highly recommended since you recei e feedback and results of your MRI immediately after the procedure.
Isaiah in Kirksville, MO – May 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Adams, DO?
I had a MRI on my shoulder yesterday in the open MRI machine. It was not painful, uncomfortable or claustrophobic, in fact so relaxing with music playing I fell asleep. Afterward Dr. Adams reviewed my results directly with me, pointing out on the images the extent of my injury and recommended next possible steps. I highly recommend Dr. Adams and his staff.
Rebecca in Kirksville Mo. – Apr 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Adams, DO?
Dr Adams was very patient (no pun intended) with us explaining what he saw in my husband's MRI data and making sense of it with us. I especially like getting the feedback on that data right away so that we could begin acting on relieving the problem.
Kirksville – Apr 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Adams, DO?
It is rare to have the opportunity to have a face-to-face conversation with a radiologist. Dr. Adams inquired to my symptoms and correlated that to what my exam results were in easy to understand terms.
Feb 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Adams, DO?
My vote in the national debate regarding whether patients like discussing their exam with a radiologist is a resounding YES! Thank you, Dr. Adams! I deeply appreciate being informed of my MRI results and treatment options. Your explanation has helped reduce my anxiety regarding further treatment. I would also like to praise your tech, Kyle Hoskinson, for outstanding assistance during this procedure. You were both respectful and kind. Thank you!
Areola, MO – Jan 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Adams, DO?
I got an appointment within two days. I could have gotten one within a single day. The receptionist is friendly and well-informed. The waiting room is like a living room with fine furniture and a fireplace. The entire office is the best I have ever seen. Dr. Adams is very informed about his specialty and the medical practice. He is objective and understanding. He sets no time limit on answering questions. In 15 minutes, he provided me with better information than 5 doctors over 10 years.
David Partenheimer in Kirksville, MO – Jun 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Adams, DO?
Dr. Adams office got me in quickly for an appointment. He spent time with me after the MRI to show me the results and explain what they meant. He answered all of my questions in depth to help me understand my results. I would highly recommend Dr. Adams.
Kirksville, MO – Feb 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Adams, DO?
Took time to explain to me what my MRI showed in detail. Very kind and answered all my questions.
Lisa F in Kirksville, MO – Jan 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Adams, DO?
Dr. Adams & his Staff were excellent to work with, taking extra time to make sure I was as comfortable as possible; going the extra mile to ensure my privacy and the safety of my belongings. Dr. Adams was articulate when explaining my MRI, making sure all my questions were answered fully.
Katherine (Kathie) C. in Green City, MO – Nov 11, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Adams, DO?
I would not consider going to another MRI facility. The staff is great to work with and make you feel very comfortable. They go the extra mile in making sure your visit is a positive one. Dr. Adams is very thorough in going over your results and explaining your results in vocabulary that is easily understood. you never feel hurried, and he is happy to answer any questions you might have.
Patty Shockey in Kirksville, MO – Oct 25, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Adams, DO?

How was your experience with Dr. Adams?

• Diagnostic Radiology

Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Med At Still University Of Health Sciences
1986
Arkansas State University

Common Questions and Answers

• Does Dr. Adams communicate via email?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Adams offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Adams offer an online patient portal?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Adams have free onsite parking?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Adams offer weekend visits?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Adams offer evening visits?

Please call the office to learn more. (660) 665-8008