Dr. James Abraham, MD

Dr. James Abraham, MD

RheumatologyMale

Rheumatology

Dr. James Abraham, MD is a Rheumatology Specialist in Little Rock, AR and has over 35 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Abraham has extensive experience in Osteoporosis & Screening and Arthritis & Arthropathy. He graduated from University Of Arkansas For Medical Sciences College Of Medicine, Uams, University Of Arkansas For Medical Sciences in 1987. He is affiliated with medical facilities CHI St. Vincent Infirmary and Baptist Health Medical Center - Little Rock. His office accepts new patients.

CHI St. Vincent Little Rock Diagnostic Clinic

CHI St. Vincent Little Rock Diagnostic Clinic10001 Lile Dr Fl 200 Little Rock, AR 72205
New Patient?

• Quiet Hospital Patients said the hospital this doctor practices at is quiet. See hospitals
  • Friendly Staff Patients said the staff was friendly. See reviews

More Rheumatology Specialists at CHI St. Vincent Little Rock Diagnostic Clinic

Dr. Abraham's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Abraham

3.8

1st visit was ok but the second visit is when he went political on me and said that if I didn't agree with Dr Fauci on everything he said that I didn't deserve to be treated. In a 3 minute conversation Dr Abraham put his hands on his chest and said "I'm a reasonable person " 7 times. Reasonable people don't have to convince others that they are reasonable. Pretty sad when you have to vet your Dr to see if they are democrats or republicans. Yes I was wearing a hat that a rifle on it. So if you believe in the 2nd amendment leave this Dr alone. After the office visit you are supposed to get a survey to fill out, but I never received one. He may be a great Dr but I can't trust him because of how aggressive he became after looking at my hat for several seconds and then just went ballistic with questions not related to my health and purely political
Joe Nash – Mar 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Abraham, MD?
Monday was my #2 visit with Dr. Aberham lll He was as a big of jerk as he was the first time I seen him... I won’t go into details on our 1st or 2nd visit as it would take to long @ how he treated me... no blood work no lab test no X-rays and he thinks he can tell me I don’t have RA when my other retired RA dr. did test to confirm that I do! He has been great with my Brother and my BFF but he just isn’t a doctor for me!
Jun 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Abraham, MD?
I have been seeing him ever since Dr. Houk left. He takes his time, he answers questions and like one reviewer he called me in response to an email I sent. I have confidence in him and I trust him.
Apr 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Abraham, MD?
Exceptional doctor. I have seen lots of doctors to try to get answers about my chronic pain. He was not the first one to diagnose fibromyalgia but he was the first to be completely honest about it. He told me that medications were not very helpful and that I should be putting more emphasis on my sleep. I really appreciated him being upfront with me instead of just prescribing another useless medication. At least now I know where I stand. I highly recommend Dr. Abraham.
Apr 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Abraham, MD?
Very personable and spent plenty of time asking lots of questions and going over my records. I was very satisfied with my encounter.
Mar 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Abraham, MD?
Really nice and took to time to call me personally to answer one of my questions. I have a lot of confidence in Dr. Abraham and recommend him highly
Mar 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Abraham, MD?
Dr. Abraham has been my doctor for several years and he has always taken good care of me. He never seems in a rush and always asks about my family. I'm doing great with my arthritis. I recommend him to anyone who needs a good, caring arthritis doctor.
Mar 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Abraham, MD?
I was very impressed with Dr. Abraham. He took time to listen to all of my problems and did a complete exam. He then explained what he thought was going on in language I could understand. I would definitely recommend him.
Mar 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Abraham, MD?
My experience was not a positive one. It took almost 6 months to get an appt. and it was a total waste of my time. I don't think he had even reviewed my chart. He took a reasonable amount of time with me but I left feeling confused and foolish. He made me feel as if I was stupid and my previous Rheumatologist were too. I wish there was more space to explain. He is very narrow minded and needs to improve his bedside manner. He focuses on fibromyalgia and offers NO tx plan. Don't waste your time
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Barbara Roach in Hot Springs, AR – Jan 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Abraham, MD?
He "diagnosed" me with fibromyalgia but when I asked for FMLA paperwork to be filled out he said he could not categorically say I had it. So either he lied to get the insurance money or he knows nothing about fibromyalgia.
Anon in North Little Rock – Dec 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Abraham, MD?
My mom uses this doctor. I feel he rushes her in and out of the clinic and doesn't really act like he has time to answer her questions. She won't change doctors because she says she has used him so long and he has all her records. I do not recommend this doctor to others.
Dec 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Abraham, MD?
It took six months to see him and it was a waste of my time. He specializes in fibromyalgia but does not prescribe medicine for this condition. I was very disappointed. I could have spend my time with another doctor. He needs to tell patience before they have to wait six months to see him that people with fibromyalgia need not to make an appointment with him.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
ms. campbell in somewhere, arkansas – Jul 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Abraham, MD?
I have been going to Dr. Abraham for about 20 years now and he has taken care of my arthritis very well. Most of the time I don't even know I have it. He's easy to talk to and always takes time with me. If you need a joint doctor he's your man!
Howard in Conway, AR – Jul 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Abraham, MD?
Dr. Abraham has been so kind and understanding. I was a terrible mess when I started seeing him a few years ago and I have been able to turn my life around. I am finally back at work and my arthritis is very manageable. He always takes time with me and never seems in a rush. I would highly recommend him!
Nancy in Vilonia, Arkansas – Jul 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Abraham, MD?
He spends a fairly consistent amount of time with you, but at the end made me feel foolish for coming. Have been in chronic unbelievable pain from swelling joints, headaches, difficulty sleeping, failure to heal. I thought I was going crazy because I couldn't get well. He diagnosed me with fibromyalgia but told me there is no medication to help my symptoms and basically suck it up and learn how to manage stress to combat flares. It's a waste of time if you seek traditional therapy.
  • Long wait times
Sue in Atlanta, GA – Oct 11, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Abraham, MD?
He spent so much time with me and did a thorough physical exam. He explained my diagnosis in plain language that I could understand. I am feeling so much better now! I really like his staff also.
Mark in Little Rock, AR – Aug 14, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Abraham, MD?
Great physician who listens to the patient, provides his valuable insight, and then makes sure you understand what he is trying to relay. Extremely intelligent and kind. He takes his time with every patient and you do not feel rushed in his office.
Maumelle – Mar 16, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Abraham, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Abraham?

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arkansas

Frequently Treated by Dr. Abraham

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Abraham treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Abraham treats other conditions, please contact the office at (501) 712-3811.

Osteoporosis & Screening

Osteoporosis specialists diagnose and treat conditions characterized by low bone density and bone weakness, such as osteoporosis and osteopenia.Compare with other Osteoporosis & Screening specialists.

Dr. Abraham is experienced in the area of Osteoporosis & Screening. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures

Normal
High
Very High

Arthritis & Arthropathy

Arthritis and arthropathy specialists diagnose and treat diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, osteoarthritis, and ankylosing spondylitis that damage joints, causing pain, stiffness and swelling.Compare with other Arthritis & Arthropathy specialists.

Dr. Abraham is experienced in the area of Arthritis & Arthropathy. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 23 conditions and procedures

• Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Amyloidosis
  • Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Ankylosing Vertebral Hyperostosis
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Arthritis of the Neck
  • Dermatomyositis
  • Dry Eyes
  • Dual-Energy X-Ray Absorptiometry (DEXA) Scan
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Felty's Syndrome
  • Goodpasture's Disease
  • Gout
  • Hammer Toe
  • Henoch–Schönlein Purpura (HSP)
  • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
  • Joint Fluid Test
  • Juvenile Chronic Arthritis
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Osteoporosis Screening
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Polymyositis
  • Psoriatic Arthritis
  • Quantitative Sensory Test (QST)
  • Raynaud's Disease
  • Ultrasound, Musculoskeletal
  • Vasculitis
  • Wegener's Granulomatosis

Dr. Abraham accepts

Dr. Abraham accepts the following insurance:

Ambetter