Dr. James Abell, MD

Practices Obstetrics & Gynecology

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 5 after 80 reviews.
Author:
I can't believe you are retiring but I guess it is time. I want to thank you for caring for me for over 30 years! You are the best and you will be missed. Good luck in the future and I pray you will be happy!!! Will miss you. Guen
Author:
Very caring and personable. He has helped me tremendously with issues that appeared and he explains things.
Author:
Dr. Abell and his nurse are awesome! He is very thorough, but also very quick and efficient with time. He is personable, and has a great bedside manner.
Author:
Wonderful Dr. He is very patient with you during your exams. He explains everything very clearly on the procedures he is doing and what the outcome will be. He helps you to understand things you may not have known about yourself. I would highly recommend him to anyone. His nurse is also very sweet and courteous.
Author:
I am so very fortunate to have found Dr. Abell Jr and his wonderful staff when I moved to TN from MA. The level of care and concern and understanding they have shown me for the past 4+ years is unbelievable. Very Special Medical Team!
Author:
Dr. Abell far exceited my expectations. I went in for my first pap smear and got so much more than that. He was absolutely wonderful. The most genuine and sincere doctor I have ever encountered. He actually saw me, for me, and talked with me about my struggles with depression and anxiety and really cared. Not only was he there to listen but gave me guidance as to how to get myself back. He cares about his patients as if they are family, and I truly felt that.
Author:
Very easy to talk to. He is a great listener!
Author:
I have never had a more caring and thorough doctor for female related issues in my entire life! He is so caring and his nurse is THE BEST. Go to Dr. Abell if you are done with child-bearing. He gets it and understands completely. Best GYN ANYWHERE! BEST NURSE anywhere. Leslie Halling, Hixson, Tennessee - Patient
Author:
I highly recommend Dr. Abell. He is very efficient in explaining every procedure to you and cares to listen to all questions you may have and I like that he calls you with results! Very Kind!!!! I have been a patient for 22 years!
Author:
Dr. Abell has been my doctor for over 26 years. He has seen me through 2 pregnancies and several medical issues. He is very attentive and always follows-up with any concerns I have. If I share an issue he will make sure it is given his full attention and insure that it is addressed.
Author:
I’ve been seeing Dr. Abell for about 5 years now. He has always been kind and compassionate, yet still efficient in his care for his patients. Any questions or concerns are answered directly and with the patients’ best interest in mind. Very trustworthy. Would definitely recommend to family and friends!
Author:
I consider Dr. Abell my primary doctor. He takes time to converse first followed by the exam with Dorie alongside. Finally, he discusses Any concerns I have about Any health issue. He is encouraging and a teaching doctor. He expects patients to take care of their health. He asked me questions about my health behaviors. He is an excellent physician with utmost professionalism! I always look forward to making my yearly appointment with him.
Author:
I have seen Dr. Abell for many years and he is an excellent physician with a good bedside manner. You can tell he cares about his patients. He takes time to answer questions, is thorough I never feel rushed. I would recommend him to anyone!
Author:
Dr. James Abell Jr. has always been professional and very informative about my gynecological exam and results. He takes the extra time it takes to make sure I understand everything about what he finds or doesn't find and tries to make sure I am doing everything between my exams to take the best care possible of myself. I could not ask for more!
Author:
Dr. Abell is the most thorough doctor I have ever had. He truly cares about his patients and wants to understand the big picture of your heath and, as a result, he provides the best care possible. He is very proactive in addressing any issues and acts upon them quickly. He is also very kind and respectful to his patients ensuring a calm and down to earth environment.
Author:
Dr. James E. Abell, Jr. is excellent!! Dr. Abell is excellent in the knowledge of his specialty, excellent in his attention to detail, and excellent in his wonderful bedside manner. Dr, Abell matches fine surgical skills with wonderful results, both in post-surgical care and in long-term great outcomes. Dr. Abell gives attention to the complete wellness of his patient, answering any questions quickly. I am very grateful to be receiving care over some years from this wonderful physician.
Author:
Excellent doctor. Not only is he concerned with your gynecological health but with your overall health. He is very willing to discuss topics of concern and takes the time to help you understand risks and benefits of procedures and/or medications needed. Would definitely recommend to anyone who wants a doctor who listed to your concerns.
Author:
I recomend Dr Abell is patient and thorough He will listen to all the problems you have with menopause
Author:
Dr. Abell is one of the best doctors. I have been with him for 20 years and he has treated me wonderfully. He is thorough, sensitive, understanding, and very knowledgeable. I use him only for gynecology. I came back to him after both of my babies. You will not find a better gynecologist in our area. And what makes the experience even better is that his practice no longer interferes with him having to deliver babies. Great one on one with a great assistant.
Author:
Dr. Abell has been my doctor for more than 30 years. He is and has always been very caring and willing to work with me on issues that were not routine or normal. He always makes me feel comfortable and at ease. He has always lessened the worry and stress while waiting on test results. I highly recommend him to those looking for a new doctor.
Author:
Dr. Abell is an amazing doctor! He always takes his time with me and makes sure that I feel at ease with my questions. I never feel rushed with him and he talks to me like a person instead of just a paycheck. He is the most wonderful doctor I've ever encountered and I highly recommend him!
Excellent Visit
Author:
Dr. Abell was amazing! He was kind, informative and re4ally put my mind at ease. He came highly recommended by a good friend and after my visit I understand why.
Author:
Dr. Abell is wonderful. He has been my doctor for over 20 years and I wouldn't trade him. Dr. Abell listens to what you say, repeats to make sure he understood your issue and then responds. Dr. Abell gives you his full attention.
Author:
Dr. Abell is a caring, compassionate, and talented physician. I always feel at ease in his office and know that I will receive the best care and attention. All my questions are answered thoroughly. His attentiveness to his patients is remarkable!
Author:
Dr. Abell is absolutely the best! He sets time aside to answer any and all of my questions without making me feel rushed.
Author:
I've been a patient of Dr. Abell's since the late '80s. I trust his judgment, advice and guidance regarding my health. His staff is friendly and courteous! The office environment is extremely comfortable.
Author:
Dr. James Abell, Jr. is one of the finest doctors I know and I've been his patient for over 15 years. He is absolutely conscientious about his patients' health and well being. He goes the extra mile by making sure I'm well informed on any problem or treatment. and at least a couple times has called me to follow up on health issues. Among all the doctors I've ever seen in my 78 years, he is the best! I'm privileged to be his patient.
Author:
As retired pharmacist, I am acutely aware of the healthcare I receive.. I have recently moved to Chattanooga and had changed my general practitioner so I needed a new GYN. The difference between the care I received this summer here in Tennessee and today at Dr Abell's was night and day. Not only did he address my issue with new ideas for care and concern. He also addressed issues that i was not even going to bring up but were very important to my quality of life.
Honest
Author:
I have seen Dr. Abell for years. My mom goes to him and both my daughters also. He is awesome.
Author:
I have been a patient of Dr. Abell for over 25 years and have complete and total confidence in him and his staff. He delivered my children and I could not imagine going to any other doctor. Pure professionalism and excellence!
Author:
Staff is very friendly. Dr Abell is very patient, courteous, and thorough. He takes the time to explain everything that might be going on in your situation. I would recommend him and his office team to anyone!
Author:
He is knowledgeable and compassionate. Cares about his patients. I felt comfortable and relaxed. He is friendly and very sweet. I would recommend him to family and friends.
Author:
Dr. Abel spent time with me explaining all my options and is working with me as we try different treatments that work for me. He includes a wellness plan I am on board with that!
Author:
I would highly recommend Dr. Abell. I have trust in his abilities. He is wonderful about taking the time to listen and respond to my concerns and questions. I feel at ease in his presence. The office staff is pleasant and helpful. I don't like going to a doctor if I have to deal with an unpleasant staff. His nurse is also wonderful.
Author:
Highly recommended. Takes time to listen to his patients. Extremely helpful.
Author:
Dr. Abell is a quick-witted and straightforward kind of doctor! I appreciate his attention to holistic health as well as education and awareness. Wouldn't entrust the care of my lady parts to anyone else!
Author:
The best doctor ever very concerned with his patients.
Author:
Dr. Abell is one of the most caring doctors I have ever met. He is very thorough and compassionate. I've been a patient for 20 years.
Author:
Dr Abell is very professional and thorough, and explains any concerns in detail. He has a caring demeanor, and seems genuinely interested in the welfare of his patients. Spent as much time as he needed to with me to discuss my treatment options. Very friendly and helpful office and medical staff in his office.
Author:
Dr. James Abell, Jr., MD, is the most thorough doctor I have ever met. He takes the time to sit down with you before your examination reviewing medical history, old problems, new problems, etc. He then does your examination explaining what he is doing. After you are dressed, he comes back into the room and goes over everything with you. If you have a problem, it is he you get the call from - not the assistant. I am so glad I found this wonderful doctor.
Author:
I have been with Dr. Abell for 20+ years. He is very thorough and very caring, making follow-up calls personally.
Author:
I have used Dr. Abell as my OB-GYN for 25 years. He is an excellent doctor! He always takes time to thoroughly cover all of my concerns (physical, mental and emotional), yet his office runs efficiently and on time. He stays up on all the latest medical research, which is important to me because of my family history of breast cancer. I highly recommend this sweet gentleman!
Author:
Dr. Abell is a rare find in today's medical industry. He is thorough in his medical review of your health, asks questions, and offers information that allows you to make decisions about your health based on accurate information. He takes the time to understand your concerns, and his commitment to your health is evident in his diligence to follow-up when necessary. His professional, yet personal and sensitivity approach, contribute to him being the best gynecologist I've had over the years.
Author:
Dr. Abell is an excellent physician. He always reviews your history, asking for any changes or information that are pertinent. He is extraordinarily professional during the examination, and he has a gift for being able to discuss very personal matters in a way that is supportive, honest, helpful, and comfortable. I am fortunate to be the patient of such a thorough, knowledgeable, and capable doctor.
Author:
Dr. Abell is an excellent doctor. He always takes time to listen and address all of your concerns. He is very knowledgeable. Highly recommend.
Author:
Dr. Abell is an amazing doctor. He has been my doctor over 26 years. He really cares about you and takes time to listen to your symptoms and concerns. He recently performed a minor surgery on me and fixed all of my problems. The nurses at Erlanger Hospital kept telling me that I had one of the best doctors around. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a gynecologist.
Author:
He has been there for me for over 20 years. He really cares about patients.
Author:
Excellent. He is very gentle & his bedside is unmatchable. I value a Dr. that sits down to explain everything & answer questions. I'm referring my daughter & mother to him. That's speaks by itself alone.