Dr. James Abell, MD

Beacon Health Alliance

2051 Hamill Rd Ste 103 Hixson, TN 37343

Se habla Español

Se habla Español

Dr. James Abell, MD is a gynecology specialist in Hixson, TN and has been practicing for 32 years. He graduated from University Of Tennessee / Knoxville Medical College and specializes in gynecology.

Dr. Abell accepts

Dr. Abell accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia
Blue Open Access POS

No malpractice claims found for Tennessee

Check Dr. Abell's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Cervical Cancer
  • Cervical Polyps
  • Cervicitis
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Hemorrhoids
  • Hepatitis Screening
  • Herpes Simplex Screening
  • HIV Screening
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Hysterectomy - Laparoscopic
  • Hysterectomy - Open
  • Hysteroscopy
  • Laparotomy
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Menstrual Migraine
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Pregnancy Test
  • Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Sexual Dysfunction
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Abell

Dr. Abell?
Dr. Abell's Performance
What People Say About Dr. James Abell, MD
I can't believe you are retiring but I guess it is time. I want to thank you for caring for me for over 30 years! You are the best and you will be missed. Good luck in the future and I pray you will be happy!!! Will miss you. Guen
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Abell, MD?
Very caring and personable. He has helped me tremendously with issues that appeared and he explains things.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Abell, MD?
Dr. Abell and his nurse are awesome! He is very thorough, but also very quick and efficient with time. He is personable, and has a great bedside manner.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Abell, MD?
Wonderful Dr. He is very patient with you during your exams. He explains everything very clearly on the procedures he is doing and what the outcome will be. He helps you to understand things you may not have known about yourself. I would highly recommend him to anyone. His nurse is also very sweet and courteous.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Abell, MD?
I am so very fortunate to have found Dr. Abell Jr and his wonderful staff when I moved to TN from MA. The level of care and concern and understanding they have shown me for the past 4+ years is unbelievable. Very Special Medical Team!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Abell, MD?
Dr. Abell far exceited my expectations. I went in for my first pap smear and got so much more than that. He was absolutely wonderful. The most genuine and sincere doctor I have ever encountered. He actually saw me, for me, and talked with me about my struggles with depression and anxiety and really cared. Not only was he there to listen but gave me guidance as to how to get myself back. He cares about his patients as if they are family, and I truly felt that.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Abell, MD?
Very easy to talk to. He is a great listener!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Abell, MD?
I have never had a more caring and thorough doctor for female related issues in my entire life! He is so caring and his nurse is THE BEST. Go to Dr. Abell if you are done with child-bearing. He gets it and understands completely. Best GYN ANYWHERE! BEST NURSE anywhere. Leslie Halling, Hixson, Tennessee - Patient
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Abell, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Abell. He is very efficient in explaining every procedure to you and cares to listen to all questions you may have and I like that he calls you with results! Very Kind!!!! I have been a patient for 22 years!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Abell, MD?
Dr. Abell has been my doctor for over 26 years. He has seen me through 2 pregnancies and several medical issues. He is very attentive and always follows-up with any concerns I have. If I share an issue he will make sure it is given his full attention and insure that it is addressed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Abell, MD?
I’ve been seeing Dr. Abell for about 5 years now. He has always been kind and compassionate, yet still efficient in his care for his patients. Any questions or concerns are answered directly and with the patients’ best interest in mind. Very trustworthy. Would definitely recommend to family and friends!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Abell, MD?
I consider Dr. Abell my primary doctor. He takes time to converse first followed by the exam with Dorie alongside. Finally, he discusses Any concerns I have about Any health issue. He is encouraging and a teaching doctor. He expects patients to take care of their health. He asked me questions about my health behaviors. He is an excellent physician with utmost professionalism! I always look forward to making my yearly appointment with him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Abell, MD?
I have seen Dr. Abell for many years and he is an excellent physician with a good bedside manner. You can tell he cares about his patients. He takes time to answer questions, is thorough I never feel rushed. I would recommend him to anyone!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Abell, MD?
Dr. James Abell Jr. has always been professional and very informative about my gynecological exam and results. He takes the extra time it takes to make sure I understand everything about what he finds or doesn't find and tries to make sure I am doing everything between my exams to take the best care possible of myself. I could not ask for more!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Abell, MD?
Dr. Abell is the most thorough doctor I have ever had. He truly cares about his patients and wants to understand the big picture of your heath and, as a result, he provides the best care possible. He is very proactive in addressing any issues and acts upon them quickly. He is also very kind and respectful to his patients ensuring a calm and down to earth environment.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Abell, MD?
Dr. James E. Abell, Jr. is excellent!! Dr. Abell is excellent in the knowledge of his specialty, excellent in his attention to detail, and excellent in his wonderful bedside manner. Dr, Abell matches fine surgical skills with wonderful results, both in post-surgical care and in long-term great outcomes. Dr. Abell gives attention to the complete wellness of his patient, answering any questions quickly. I am very grateful to be receiving care over some years from this wonderful physician.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Abell, MD?
Excellent doctor. Not only is he concerned with your gynecological health but with your overall health. He is very willing to discuss topics of concern and takes the time to help you understand risks and benefits of procedures and/or medications needed. Would definitely recommend to anyone who wants a doctor who listed to your concerns.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Abell, MD?
I recomend Dr Abell is patient and thorough He will listen to all the problems you have with menopause
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Abell, MD?
Dr. Abell is one of the best doctors. I have been with him for 20 years and he has treated me wonderfully. He is thorough, sensitive, understanding, and very knowledgeable. I use him only for gynecology. I came back to him after both of my babies. You will not find a better gynecologist in our area. And what makes the experience even better is that his practice no longer interferes with him having to deliver babies. Great one on one with a great assistant.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Abell, MD?
Dr. Abell has been my doctor for more than 30 years. He is and has always been very caring and willing to work with me on issues that were not routine or normal. He always makes me feel comfortable and at ease. He has always lessened the worry and stress while waiting on test results. I highly recommend him to those looking for a new doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Abell, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Abell?

Beacon's primary care physicians are committed to your personal health. Formed in 1996, Beacon Health Alliance, PC is one of Chattanooga's largest private physician primary care groups completely dedicated to providing primary health care for childre...

• Gynecology

Prince Georges
1987
1984
1983

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Abell treats patients.