Dr. James E. Abell, MD

Dr. James E. Abell, MD

Gynecology | Male

Beacon Health Alliance 2051 Hamill Rd Ste 306, Hixson, TN 37343 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Beacon's primary care physicians are committed to your personal health. Formed in 1996, Beacon Health Alliance, PC is one of Chattanooga's largest private physician primary care groups completely dedicated to providing primary health care for children and adults of all ages. Specializing in pediatrics, obstetrics, gynecology, family practice and internal medicine, Beacon's qualified and highly trained physicians deliver a unique brand of personalized care that makes them the Chattanooga area's premier primary care providers.Read more

Dr. Abell's Experience

See how Dr. Abell's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Abell

Dr. Abell accepts 16 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Abell has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Abell's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Abell to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Abell
Dr. Abell's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (18)
in Hixson Tn |
Dr Abell and his entire staff are all more than friendly, cleanliness is great and efficiency of appt scheduling and time in office are all great!! Dr Abell himself is more than educatory, so friendly, putting you at ease from the very initial visit! Extremely patient and thorough each and every visit with both testing and education about preventative as well as treatment. Answers any and all questions and takes his time to make you feel as his only patient!
in Chattanooga, TN |
I was very nervous to see a new OB-GYN, but I had read positive reviews and after my first visit I knew I had made the best choice in doctors. His receptionist was very friendly and went above and beyond to help me schedule my appointment. His nurse was exceptionally nice and listened to each of my questions. Dr. Abell went above and beyond to ensure I was comfortable my entire visit. He took his time to make sure each of my questions and concerns were addressed. I would highly recommend him!
in Chattanooga, TN |
I was referred to Dr. Abell by a friend of mine. All of my vista are very pleasant. His desk clerk and nurse are very nice and sweet. And Doctor abell is awesome. This was my second insertion on getting a IUD birth control. I barely felt a thing. He was caring gentle and talks to you throughout each thing that is going on. He is very thorough and knowledgeable. He is the type of Doctor who calls and checks on his patients. I just wish I could have found him sooner. I highly recommend him!
in Soddy Daisy, Tn. |
He was the most caring Dr. I have ever been too. He even called me at home and gave me my test results. He had to do a biopsy and was sure I was pain free. I highly recommend him and his staff. His nurse Dorrie was more like a friend , she stayed with me thu all my procedures and kept me calm always assuring me that I would be ok. His receptionist Bobby was wonderful, she alway treated me with so much respect and like Dorrie made me feel like a friend. My experience with Dr Abell was great.
in Signal Mountain, TN |
I have been a patient of Dr. Abell for 30 years. He is a great physician. He listens, he is patient and cares about me. Dr. Abell is never rushed and takes time to talk after every visit. He even personally calls to provide information and follow ups. Very impressed with his personal approach. I highly recommend him.
in Chattanooga, TN |
Dr. Abell is a very good doctor, he is very caring and he is a very gentle doctor.
in Hixson, TN |
My whole entire family goes to see Dr. Abell. From my great-grandmother, to my sister and I. I feel so comfortable with him as my gynecologist. It is so easy to talk to him about the uncomfortable things and he listens to what you are saying. He is very thorough and knowledgeable and makes you feel like any little issue is taken seriously. Also the staff is very sweet and caring as well. Dr. Abell breaks things down to make sure you completely understand him. I recommend him to all women!
Chattanooga TN |
Dr Abell was not my primary OB/GYN when I was pregnant but he delivered my son and I knew from that point on that I didn't want to see another doctor. I have been going to him for over 20 yrs and I will not see another gynecologist until he forces me to when he retires. He takes the time to listen to you and is truly concerned about you. He will talk to you before he examines you and afterwards to make sure that he answers any questions that you may have. You will not find a better doctor!!
Chattanooga, TN |
Dr. Abell is very thorough in his examination, leaves no possibility unchecked, listens and makes notes to what you, the patient, is telling him. Makes a referral to a specialist if he feels he may not be able to handle the problem. He is one of the most thorough and capable physicians with whom I have ever been a patient.
Have you seen Dr. James E. Abell, MD?
Are you Dr. Abell?

Compare Dr. Abell

Hixson, TN 37343

Narrow your results

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.