Dr. James Abell, MD

Gynecology | Male

Beacon Health Alliance 2051 Hamill Rd Ste 306 Hixson, TN 37343 Get Directions
Dr. James Abell, MD
Dr. James Abell, MD is a gynecology doctor who practices in Hixson, TN. He is 65 years old. Dr. Abell is affiliated with Erlanger Medical Center and Memorial Hospital.

Dr. Abell's Care Philosophy

Beacon's primary care physicians are committed to your personal health. Formed in 1996, Beacon Health Alliance, PC is one of Chattanooga's largest private physician primary care groups completely dedicated to providing primary health care for children and adults of all ages. Specializing in pediatrics, obstetrics, gynecology, family practice and internal medicine, Beacon's qualified and highly trained physicians deliver a unique brand of personalized care that makes them the Chattanooga area's premier primary care providers.

Dr. Abell's Experience

See how Dr. Abell's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Abell

Dr. Abell accepts 16 insurance carriers

Dr. Abell is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Abell has admitting privileges.

Dr. Abell's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Abell to family and friends
Dr. Abell's Performance
Chattanooga, TN |
Dr. Abell is an excellent physician. He always reviews your history, asking for any changes or information that are pertinent. He is extraordinarily professional during the examination, and he has a gift for being able to discuss very personal matters in a way that is supportive, honest, helpful, and comfortable. I am fortunate to be the patient of such a thorough, knowledgeable, and capable doctor.
in Chattanooga, TN |
Dr. Abell is an excellent doctor. He always takes time to listen and address all of your concerns. He is very knowledgeable. Highly recommend.
in Cleveland, TN |
Dr. Abell is an amazing doctor. He has been my doctor over 26 years. He really cares about you and takes time to listen to your symptoms and concerns. He recently performed a minor surgery on me and fixed all of my problems. The nurses at Erlanger Hospital kept telling me that I had one of the best doctors around. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a gynecologist.
Morristown, TN |
He has been there for me for over 20 years. He really cares about patients.
in Sale Creek, TN |
Excellent. He is very gentle & his bedside is unmatchable. I value a Dr. that sits down to explain everything & answer questions. I'm referring my daughter & mother to him. That's speaks by itself alone.
Chattanooga, TN |
Dr. Abell is by far the best Doctor I have ever had. He takes time to fully understand any issues I am experiencing and follows up with me to ensure his recommended course of treatment is working. I could not ask for a better Doctor and would highly recommend him.
in Harrison, TN |
Dr. Abell has been our daughter's OB and delivered our 3 granddaughters for many years. We retired here & I knew who would be my best G.Y.N. doctor! Very caring, thorough and really concerned. He even personally phones you concerning tests, etc.
in Signal Mountain, TN |
Dr Abell is knowledgeable, patient and caring. He spends all the time that was needed with me and answered all my questions patiently. His nurse and staff were very friendly and helpful. I recommend his highly.
in Hixson, TN |
Dr. James E. Abell Jr. Is a very experienced Dr. He knows the correct medicines for each diagnosis. I really appreciate him.
in Chattanooga, TN |
I have been with Dr. Abell for 16 years. I had been moved to another doctor for a brief stint and didn't realize what I had lost until it was gone. Dr. Abell is very thorough in his examination and explanation of my care. I truly feel like he cares about my overall health. He his interested in my diet and exercise and consistently tells me of the latest guidelines for me. He answers all of my questions very thoughtfully and I am so grateful that I leave his office with peace of mind.
in Chattanooga, TN |
I have been seeing Dr. Abell since for a very long time. He is a very caring doctor and gives you the full attention that a patient needs. I have recommended Dr. Abell to my friends and my family. He delivered both of my grandchildren and most recently, went over and beyond what I would ever expect of any doctor to do. When I was diagnosed with Cancer, Dr. Abell performed every test possible to make sure that the cancer was not in the female area. He is EXCEPTIONAL
Chattanooga, TN |
He is condescending and talks down to you
in chattanooga, TN |
Dr. Abell is the best gynecologist I have ever had! Dr. Abell is excellent for the following reasons: He is - professional , knowledgeable in his field, always spends as much time as needed with his patients, makes them feel comfortable, discusses any issues a patient may have relating to work, relationships & their psychological well being. He discusses all medical options & educates the patient, as well as encourages & supports the patient in the decision making process.
in Hixson Tn |
Dr Abell and his entire staff are all more than friendly, cleanliness is great and efficiency of appt scheduling and time in office are all great!! Dr Abell himself is more than educatory, so friendly, putting you at ease from the very initial visit! Extremely patient and thorough each and every visit with both testing and education about preventative as well as treatment. Answers any and all questions and takes his time to make you feel as his only patient!
in Chattanooga, TN |
I was very nervous to see a new OB-GYN, but I had read positive reviews and after my first visit I knew I had made the best choice in doctors. His receptionist was very friendly and went above and beyond to help me schedule my appointment. His nurse was exceptionally nice and listened to each of my questions. Dr. Abell went above and beyond to ensure I was comfortable my entire visit. He took his time to make sure each of my questions and concerns were addressed. I would highly recommend him!
in Chattanooga, TN |
I was referred to Dr. Abell by a friend of mine. All of my vista are very pleasant. His desk clerk and nurse are very nice and sweet. And Doctor abell is awesome. This was my second insertion on getting a IUD birth control. I barely felt a thing. He was caring gentle and talks to you throughout each thing that is going on. He is very thorough and knowledgeable. He is the type of Doctor who calls and checks on his patients. I just wish I could have found him sooner. I highly recommend him!
in Soddy Daisy, Tn. |
He was the most caring Dr. I have ever been too. He even called me at home and gave me my test results. He had to do a biopsy and was sure I was pain free. I highly recommend him and his staff. His nurse Dorrie was more like a friend , she stayed with me thu all my procedures and kept me calm always assuring me that I would be ok. His receptionist Bobby was wonderful, she alway treated me with so much respect and like Dorrie made me feel like a friend. My experience with Dr Abell was great.
in Signal Mountain, TN |
I have been a patient of Dr. Abell for 30 years. He is a great physician. He listens, he is patient and cares about me. Dr. Abell is never rushed and takes time to talk after every visit. He even personally calls to provide information and follow ups. Very impressed with his personal approach. I highly recommend him.
in Chattanooga, TN |
Dr. Abell is a very good doctor, he is very caring and he is a very gentle doctor.
in Hixson, TN |
My whole entire family goes to see Dr. Abell. From my great-grandmother, to my sister and I. I feel so comfortable with him as my gynecologist. It is so easy to talk to him about the uncomfortable things and he listens to what you are saying. He is very thorough and knowledgeable and makes you feel like any little issue is taken seriously. Also the staff is very sweet and caring as well. Dr. Abell breaks things down to make sure you completely understand him. I recommend him to all women!
Chattanooga TN |
Dr Abell was not my primary OB/GYN when I was pregnant but he delivered my son and I knew from that point on that I didn't want to see another doctor. I have been going to him for over 20 yrs and I will not see another gynecologist until he forces me to when he retires. He takes the time to listen to you and is truly concerned about you. He will talk to you before he examines you and afterwards to make sure that he answers any questions that you may have. You will not find a better doctor!!
Chattanooga, TN |
Dr. Abell is very thorough in his examination, leaves no possibility unchecked, listens and makes notes to what you, the patient, is telling him. Makes a referral to a specialist if he feels he may not be able to handle the problem. He is one of the most thorough and capable physicians with whom I have ever been a patient.
Have you seen Dr. James Abell, MD?
Are you Dr. Abell?

Compare Dr. Abell

Dr. Abell's Care Philosophy

Dr. Abell's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Gynecology
  •  Board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology

Dr. Abell has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

Why It Matters: Dr. Abell's Board Certifications

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Abdominal Disorders
  • Carcinoma in Situ
  • Cervical Cancer
  • Cervicitis
  • Endometriosis
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Mastodynia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Menstrual Migraine
  • Noninflammatory Cervical Disorders
  • Ovarian Cysts
  • Pap Smear Abnormalities
  • Perimenopause
  • Sexual Dysfunction
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Symptomatic Menopause

Erlangher Hosp-U Tenn

Completed in 1987

Prince Georges

Completed in 1984

Dr. Abell does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Abell and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Gynecology

• Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions