Dr. Jamal Ahmad, MD

Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Surgery | Male

Dr. Jamal Ahmad, MD
Since becoming an orthopaedic foot/ankle surgeon in 2006 and joining NorthShore Orthopaedic Institute in 2016, I have been highly active in orthopaedic foot and ankle care, instruction, and research. Unique procedures that I perform include but certainly are not limited to ankle arthroscopy, ankle and/or hindfoot fusions, foot and/or ankle fracture management, and total ankle replacements. Many of these procedures utilize the most current advances in orthopaedic foot and ankle surgery. Central to NorthShore is the practice that patients should receive comprehensive and specialized orthopaedic treatments without sacrificing personalized attention. Historically, orthopaedic foot and ankle surgical procedures had required a 2 to 5 -day hospital stay. Currently, many orthopaedic foot and ankle surgical procedures can now be performed with minimal, if any, hospitalization. Several procedures can be done with minimally invasive techniques. Many patients can be effectively treated with minimally invasive techniques, thereby reducing patient discomfort. However, I am prepared to perform complex surgical reconstructive procedures if that is needed. I treat all of my patients as I would want to be treated. I completed my orthopaedic surgical residency training at State University of New York (SUNY) – Downstate University Medical Center. An orthopaedic foot and ankle surgical fellowship at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania followed this. I have authored and co-authored many textbook chapters and peer reviewed journal articles on orthopaedic foot and ankle surgery. I also present original clinical research at national meetings on a regular basis. I provide comprehensive and cutting-edge orthopaedic foot and ankle treatment options with the utmost compassion to patients in Lake and Cook County. To schedule an appointment with me or to learn more about my practice, please call me. I look forward to helping you.

Dr. Ahmad's Care Philosophy

I Strive to provide the most complete and the best possible care for my patients. I treat all of my patients as I would want to be treated myself.

Dr. Ahmad's Experience

See how Dr. Ahmad's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Ahmad

Dr. Ahmad accepts 13 insurance carriers

Dr. Ahmad is now accepting new patients
NorthShore Orthopaedic Institute920 Milwaukee Ave
Lincolnshire, IL 60069
Saturday
(847) 866-7846Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Ahmad has admitting privileges.

Dr. Ahmad's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ahmad to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Ahmad's Performance
in Oswego, IL |
Dr Ahmad was very professional and talk to me on a patient level! He didn't use a lot of medical jargon and walked me through every procedural option. He then explained in detail what he was doing before he did! Finally he informed but of things I should expect. I would recommend him to any of my family members or friends!
in Vernon Hills |
Dr. Ahmad: the most considerate, kind hearted & open minded surgeon I have ever met! I never had to wait past my appointment time & had thorough consultations. He offered options that fit my personality type, listened to my concerns & suggested a game plan from there. He's fair & never pushed surgery-even when all other options were exhausted, I decided for myself. He was available via his personal cell & messaging via Northshore connect. Who does that anymore? He does. I highly recommend him!
in Beach Park |
Dr. Ahmad was very thorough, professional and easy to talk to. He answered questions completely and made sure i understood all possibilities. Office visits took the time required. i did not feel rushed. Fractured foot surgery was a great success. The surgical team were also very professional and friendly. They took very good care of me and made me feel at ease. I would recommend Dr. Ahmad and his staff if you want to get back on your feet with confidence.
in Lincolnshire, IL |
Very informative about all the pros and cons of my proposed surgery. Told me exactly what the plan was. Personable, very available and open to questions before and after surgery. Never had the feeling he was in a hurry.
in Deerfield, IL |
Dr. Ahmad took time to listen to my issues and he treated with kindness and professionalism. He treated me and was as happy as I was when my treatment was successful and I did not need another appointment. He is a very caring doctor and has a wonderful manner of dealing with his patients. His staff likes him very much.
in Antioch |
He really listens to you and gives you his time. He is also diplomatic with difficult patients.
in Libertyville, IL |
Dr. Ahmad is terrific. From day one he told me what to expect and what his recommendations were. At the end of each visit he asked me several times if I had any questions. Although my injury was no fun, I feel I got excellent care from Dr. Ahmad.
Very poor experience. I went in for ankle pain and Dr. Ahmad after looking at my x-ray told me I had arthritis and that I needed to wear a brace and if it wasn't better in a few weeks that surgery was the only option. After several weeks it hurt more so I went to another doctor, who correctly diagnosed it as peroneal tendonitis. The other doctor said they couldn't understand how Dr. Ahmad arrived at his diagnosis and said putting me in the brace made it worse. Thankfully I'm in pt and gettin
in Chicago, IL |
I had a very pleasing experience with Dr. Ahmad. He asked thoughtful questions and gave me insight into what was causing my pain. Under Dr. Ahmad's care my pain was alleviated. I feel better prepared to remain pain-free by following his advice and employing the exercises I was given. I thank my son-in-law for suggesting I should see Dr. Ahmad. Dr. Ahmad was very professional, personable and attentive to my concerns. It would be a pleasure to refer him to others.
in Bechtelsville PA |
Dr.Ahmad is skilled surgeon and great communicator. He delivers compassionate care with excellence. I saw Dr. Ahmad periodically over a period of four months after a severely fractured ankle followed by surgery and recovery and was never disappointed with the care he provided.
in Levittown, PA |
To start with Dr. Ahmad is extremely calming. You could be on fire and he would tell you in a calming tone to stop, drop and roll. That really does help when you crawl into his office with broken bones in your foot thinking you will never walk again. He told me everything was going to be fine and we'll get you back in good shape. And he was a man of his word. Extremely intelligent and articulate, but not in a over powering doctor kind of way. If I break anything else, he is my guy! Thank you
in Philadelphia, PA |
Always ensured all our questions were answered and really inspired confidence. I highly recommend both Dr. Ahmad and Rothman.
in philadelphia pa |
Dr. Ahmad performed surgery on my right ankle a few years ago, ankle arthroscopy. He did an amazing job, now I am pain free, without the limp that I had before, and I'm doing much better than I ever dreamt possible. Dr. Ahmad cares very much about his patients and he is a wonderful surgeon and person. When I have my left ankle operated on, I will go back to him and I know that he is the best surgeon, the one who I trust, a top notch surgeon and truly cares about me. Dr. Ahmad is the best!
in Springfield, PA |
I would not consider any other Orthopedic Surgeon other than Dr. Ahmad. I highly recommend Dr. Ahmad and his staff for any ankle or foot surgery. Dr. Ahmad explained my surgery and recovery time in detail. I never felt that I was being rushed in and out for my office visits. His staff is very friendly to deal with and I never had an issue. I had reconstructive ankle surgery on September 24, 2015. I started PT on December 22nd and today I am walking without a boot and I have no re-striction
Have you seen Dr. Jamal Ahmad, MD?
Are you Dr. Ahmad?

Compare Dr. Ahmad

Dr. Ahmad says...

Since becoming an orthopaedic foot/ankle surgeon in 2006 and joining NorthShore Orthopaedic Institute in 2016, I have been highly active in orthopaedic foot and ankle care, instruction, and research. Unique procedures that I perform include but certainly are not limited to ankle arthroscopy, ankle and/or hindfoot fusions, foot and/or ankle fracture management, and total ankle replacements. Many of these procedures utilize the most current advances in orthopaedic foot and ankle surgery.

I completed my orthopaedic surgical residency training at State University of New York (SUNY) – Downstate University Medical Center. An orthopaedic foot and ankle surgical fellowship at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania followed this. I have authored and co-authored many textbook chapters and peer reviewed journal articles on orthopaedic foot and ankle surgery. I also present original clinical research at national meetings on a regular basis.

I provide comprehensive and cutting-edge orthopaedic foot and ankle treatment options with the utmost compassion to patients in Lake and Cook County. To schedule an appointment with me or to learn more about my practice, please call me.  I look forward to helping you.

Dr. Ahmad's Care Philosophy

Dr. Ahmad's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

• The Modified Use of a Locking Plate to Achieve Tibiotalocalcaneal Arthrodesis., 2007
    • Osteonecrosis of the second metatarsal head, navicular, and talus., 2006
    • Current Concepts Review- Talus Fractures, 2006
    • A Comparison of Arthrodesis and the BioPro Metallic Hemiarthroplasty of the Hallux Metatarsophalangeal Joint, 2007

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Why It Matters: Dr. Ahmad's Board Certifications

• Hammer Toe
  • Heel Spur
  • Hip Fracture
  • Infectious Arthritis
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus

Graduated in 1996

• French
  • Hindi
  • Urdu

Dr. Ahmad does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ahmad and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Surgery