Dr. Jamal Ahmad, MD

Orthopedic Foot & Ankle SurgeryMaleAge 47

Telehealth services available

Northshore University Healthsystems

920 Milwaukee Ave Ste 1000 Lincolnshire, IL 60069

Dr. Jamal Ahmad, MD is a Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Surgery Specialist in Lincolnshire, IL and has over 21 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Ahmad has more experience with Ankle & Foot Surgery than other specialists in his area. He graduated from University of Illinois At Chicago / College of Medicine medical school in 2000. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Evanston Hospital and Glenbrook Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Ahmad to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Surgery Specialists in your area

Hospital Highlight

Affiliated with Evanston Hospital Evanston, a highly rated hospital.

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Frequently Treated by Dr. Ahmad

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Ahmad treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Ahmad treats other conditions, please contact the office at (847) 866-7846.

Ankle & Foot Surgery

Ankle and foot specialists diagnose and treat localized conditions such as arthritis, bunions, nerve damage, and plantar fasciitis through procedures including medication, physical therapy, and surgery.Compare with other Ankle & Foot Surgery specialists.

Dr. Ahmad is experienced in the area of Ankle & Foot Surgery. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 32 conditions and procedures

• Joint Fluid Test
  • Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures
  • Tibia or Fibula Stress Fracture
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Dr. Ahmad accepts

Dr. Ahmad accepts the following insurance:

Amerihealth

Dr. Ahmad's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Ahmad

4.5

Dr. Ahmad
Dr. Ahmad is a professional in every sense. His explantation of patient's problems are easily understood. The Dr. is prompt for appointments and always professional.
Will Shineflug – Feb 13, 2021
My 78 year old mother had a really painful bunion on her left foot. Thankfully, we were referred to Dr. Ahmad who performed surgery around two months ago. Her recovery was great and relatively quick. During these difficult times, Dr. Ahmad and the nurses all made my mother feel comfortable during the process. Especially being that no one could accompany her due to the pandemic and she doesn't speak English fluently. We cannot thank Dr. Ahmad and the staff enough for such caring and professional help. We would definitely recommend Dr. Ahmad to anyone who needs foot surgery.
Lopez Family – Jan 13, 2021
Dr. Ahmad is one of the best. He explained every step before my ankle surgery to the smallest detail, then post op treatment was handled in the best professional manner. He is very caring and this definitely helped me a lot physically and mentally in my recovery process. Now I am in my last phase of P.T and things are going better than expected. Thank you!
I Rus – Oct 29, 2020
After having pain in my ankle that was not improving with a splint, my ortho ordered a CT scan and referred me to Dr. Ahmad. After Dr. Ahmad immobilized my foot and ankle with a boot for 9 weeks, my pain improved immensely. I am now in a supportive splint and finishing up with PT and walking with zero pain. He assured that with continued therapy at home, I will be back to normal activity and exercise.
Oct 02, 2020
I recently had foot surgery by Dr. Ahmad. I am very pleased and satisfied with the results of my surgery. Dr. Ahmad and his staff are very professional and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend Dr. Ahmad to anyone who needs foot surgery.
S. Lazuka – Jul 20, 2020
Dr Ahmad and his staff are kind, knowledgeable and willing to answer any questions I had regarding my treatment for my broken ankle . My ankle had to be surgically repaired and Dr Ahmad did an excellent job. I had no pain after surgery and healed up great.
Mar 24, 2020
Dr. Ahmad was extremely kind and professional. This was in stark contrast to a previous doctor at Advocate Health Care who told me that my painful right Achille's had "Reached maximum medical improvement." And that doctor didn't prescribe physical therapy. At my first appointment with Dr. Ahmad, he told me the Achille's would get better. He gave me a boot and a brace with detailed instructions on using them. Dr. Ahmad prescribed physical therapy with excellent North Shore physical therapists who were also kind and professional. I had periodic appointments with Dr. Ahmad so he could check my progress. He was wise and helpful. He ordered orthotics for my shoes. They helped immensely. I religiously followed my physical therapy exercises and stretches. Today was my last appointment with him. I told him that I had a hard time believing him at first when he said I'll get better. But he was right. I did get better and am pain free. I'll still have to do stretching, but I'm pain free.
Lynn – Jan 08, 2020
If I had to rate out of 10 I would give him a 10,000! That's right... A 10,000. You heard it here first, folks. This doctor is wonderful. My dad says "great bedside manner! And very knowledgeable! And kind!". I say "you're fantabulous and amazing!" I came here for a broken ankle.. 2 displaced fractures and one normal fracture.. Even one in my growth plate..! Had put 4 screws and a wire in (wire was pulled out a week later). Was fixed up great! Surgery went really well. No pain after.. No nothing! I can walk really good and do all that stuff. Dr. Ahmad is really awesome! Thank you!
holly bagley – Jan 03, 2020
Dr. Ahmad was such a professional, calming, reassuring and compassionate doctor. I have a lot of confidence in his evaluation and treatment. In today's busy schedules I found Dr. Ahmad to take time with my visit in explaining the diagnosis and prognosis and all the questions I asked.
Cynthia Urbanik – Dec 17, 2019
Dr. Ahmad is extremely caring and never rushes. I’m always comfortable with him knowing he will spend as much time with me as I need. I had surgery and he did a fantastic job with my foot. If ever needed again he will be my doctor.
Teresa Barone – Nov 28, 2019
After reading the reviews for Dr. Ahmad I came to him for a second opinion on my tendonitis after the treatment prescribed by the first doctor was not working. Dr. Ahmad's treatment agreed with what I had on the internet. And it worked perfectly. The pain was gone after 2 days and the tendon was back in shape after a month. In addition the office visits were uplifting because he has a very warm personality and views treatment as a joint effort.
Nov 16, 2019
Dr Ahmad listened very well to my needs and concerns and addressed them completely with his professional experience and personal concern. I had a full ankle joint replacement and sub-tailor fusion which was a fairly involved operation and the results exceeded my expectations. I plan on having him perform other procedures for additional issues with both of my feet.
May 28, 2019
Great doctor cautions and caring will take care of you to the very best of his ability. One of the best surgeons I have ever had
May 17, 2019
I have had a very good experience with Dr. Ahmad. I had a broken heel bone that needed surgery including screws and plates. I had never had an injury this serious, and I was nervous and had a lot of questions and concerns. He answered my questions and explained my treatment options, as well as medications prescribed. I am well along in healing and expect full use of my ankle and foot.
Apr 01, 2019
Would highly recommend.
Norman Dion in Deerfield – Mar 08, 2019
To my surprise I had very little pain even though I had a complete rupture of the tendon. Dr. Amad's instructions to follow were well organized and clear. After 6 months I have returned to almost a complete recovery. By continuing my home exercises I will be back to all previous activities without restriction. I am 68 years old.
Feb 08, 2019
I broke my ankle a few months ago and saw Dr. Ahmad for surgery and follow-up care. My experience with him has been excellent, with both his medical care and bedside manner being outstanding. He does a great job patiently listening, answering questions, and providing options for follow up care/physical therapy, etc. While I hope to never again suffer such an injury, I would certainly see Dr. Ahmad in the case that I do and suggest him highly to others.
Jesse Moquin – Jan 06, 2019
I would recommend and encourage anyone who needs an Orthopedic surgery to see Dr. Ahmad because he is the best of the best. In addition to his excellent medical expertise and kills, he is a fantastic communicator. He responds text or phone messges within minutes of the request regardless the time of the day. He also “translates” medical terms to “plain English “ when he talks to his patients and/or their caregivers.
Zhou – Jan 05, 2019
Definitely don’t recommend. I’ve had 3 surgeries since Dr Ahmad told me that my ankle was “as good as it’s going to get” and there was “nothing more he could do.” He refused multiple times to send me for an MRI. I was told there’s “nothing is wrong with it” My new dr sent me immediately from his office to get an MRI which determined that my tendons that Dr Ahmad had repaired were completely adhered to the bone. I’ve now had 3/4 of a tendon removed because they were so damaged and shredded.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Dec 23, 2018
I had considerable pain in my left foot. I had Xrays twice that showed nothing mainly because of the swelling. Dr. Ahmad said my symptoms were not consistent with the Xrays and ordered an MRI which indicated that I had a stress fracture. My Visits have been a pleasure. He is thorough and very compassionate.
Marilyn in Lake Villa, IL – Nov 28, 2018

How was your experience with Dr. Ahmad?

I Strive to provide the most complete and the best possible care for my patients. I treat all of my patients as I would want to be treated myself.

Since becoming an orthopaedic foot/ankle surgeon in 2006 and joining NorthShore Orthopaedic Institute in 2016, I have been highly active in orthopaedic...Read more

• Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Surgery

University Of Chicago

• French
  • Hindi
  • Urdu

• The Modified Use of a Locking Plate to Achieve Tibiotalocalcaneal Arthrodesis., 2007
  • A Comparison of Arthrodesis and the BioPro Metallic Hemiarthroplasty of the Hallux Metatarsophalangeal Joint, 2007
  • Current Concepts Review- Talus Fractures, 2006