Dr. Jamal Ahmad, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 48

Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Jamal Ahmad, MD is an Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Gurnee, IL and has over 23 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Ahmad has extensive experience in Ankle & Foot Surgery. He graduated from UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS AT CHICAGO / COLLEGE OF MEDICINE in 2000. He is affiliated with medical facilities Evanston Hospital and University Of Illinois Hospital. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Jamal Ahmad, MD

Comprehensive Care Center

7900 Rollins Rd Gurnee, IL 60031
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Ahmad with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Mayo.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of Mayo.

Dr. Ahmad's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Ahmad

4.5

OUTSTANDING & EXTRAORDINARY orthopedic surgeon!
I came to Dr. Ahmad following “bad” surgery outside of NorthShore. He got me back on my feet when I thought I’d never walk normally and without pain ever again. He’s an astoundingly good listener and communicator, trustworthy, caring, friendly, patient, and confident. Who could ask for anything more? Dr. Ahmad clearly loves his job and expects his patients to make full recoveries … even if he DIDN’T do the surgery! Thankfully, with the knowledge and confidence that I’ll return to my former physical ability, I also now have a highly skilled, young doctor to look after my feet in the longterm. What a reassuring feeling! This surgeon is a Godsend, and his office is impeccably run, competent, friendly, responsive, and always on time. Thank you for your care :)
Laurel – May 05, 2022
Ankle Surgery - Back to Sports
I had a large heel welt and a bone spur that became a nagging injury with age. I still casually pursue high impact sports and it really hurt after skating or running. It's been six months since Dr. Ahmad removed the bone spur and the bursitis from my heel. I'm almost back to 100%. I just need to build up some muscle strength. I'm back to high impact sports and don't have any more nagging pain. I'd recommend him for surgery if you're older and want to stay active. He got me back to being pain-free and was clear on the expectations post-surgery.
Mike R – Feb 05, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jamal Ahmad, MD?
Dr. Ahmad preferred not to listen to my details of my injury but instead have me shut up and answer only "yes" or "no" to his standard list of questions. His staff were completely uncooperative with getting images on my prior MRI disc that I brought there personally and later they claim it's no longer there. Nurses directed me standard outdated solutions instead of reading the details of a prolonged injury and length of time of prior treatments.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Feb 04, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jamal Ahmad, MD?
Everything Dr. Ahmad said regarding my surgery was spot on. It was a difficult recovery but I knew going in it wasn’t going to be easy. I now have NO pain and make strides towards total recovery each day. I highly recommend Dr. Ahmad. He and his support staff are terrific!
Thomas Hodgkinson – Dec 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jamal Ahmad, MD?
We've seen Dr. Ahmad for my son's foot when he had an unexpected injury & for an ankle problem. My son is an athlete and Dr Ahmad was very empathetic to his problem and gave my son really good treatment and advice. His staff is also very supportive and is extremely responsive to any questions and concerns. He is very approachable and returns calls and messages promptly which is a huge thing when the patient is anxious about recovery. I would totally go to him again.
Lavanya Krishna – Oct 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jamal Ahmad, MD?
Dr. Ahmad is a professional in every sense. His explantation of patient's problems are easily understood. The Dr. is prompt for appointments and always professional.
Will Shineflug – Feb 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jamal Ahmad, MD?
My 78 year old mother had a really painful bunion on her left foot. Thankfully, we were referred to Dr. Ahmad who performed surgery around two months ago. Her recovery was great and relatively quick. During these difficult times, Dr. Ahmad and the nurses all made my mother feel comfortable during the process. Especially being that no one could accompany her due to the pandemic and she doesn't speak English fluently. We cannot thank Dr. Ahmad and the staff enough for such caring and professional help. We would definitely recommend Dr. Ahmad to anyone who needs foot surgery.
Lopez Family – Jan 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jamal Ahmad, MD?
Dr. Ahmad is one of the best. He explained every step before my ankle surgery to the smallest detail, then post op treatment was handled in the best professional manner. He is very caring and this definitely helped me a lot physically and mentally in my recovery process. Now I am in my last phase of P.T and things are going better than expected. Thank you!
I Rus – Oct 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jamal Ahmad, MD?
After having pain in my ankle that was not improving with a splint, my ortho ordered a CT scan and referred me to Dr. Ahmad. After Dr. Ahmad immobilized my foot and ankle with a boot for 9 weeks, my pain improved immensely. I am now in a supportive splint and finishing up with PT and walking with zero pain. He assured that with continued therapy at home, I will be back to normal activity and exercise.
Oct 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jamal Ahmad, MD?
I recently had foot surgery by Dr. Ahmad. I am very pleased and satisfied with the results of my surgery. Dr. Ahmad and his staff are very professional and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend Dr. Ahmad to anyone who needs foot surgery.
S. Lazuka – Jul 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jamal Ahmad, MD?
Dr Ahmad and his staff are kind, knowledgeable and willing to answer any questions I had regarding my treatment for my broken ankle . My ankle had to be surgically repaired and Dr Ahmad did an excellent job. I had no pain after surgery and healed up great.
Mar 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jamal Ahmad, MD?
Dr. Ahmad was extremely kind and professional. This was in stark contrast to a previous doctor at Advocate Health Care who told me that my painful right Achille's had "Reached maximum medical improvement." And that doctor didn't prescribe physical therapy. At my first appointment with Dr. Ahmad, he told me the Achille's would get better. He gave me a boot and a brace with detailed instructions on using them. Dr. Ahmad prescribed physical therapy with excellent North Shore physical therapists who were also kind and professional. I had periodic appointments with Dr. Ahmad so he could check my progress. He was wise and helpful. He ordered orthotics for my shoes. They helped immensely. I religiously followed my physical therapy exercises and stretches. Today was my last appointment with him. I told him that I had a hard time believing him at first when he said I'll get better. But he was right. I did get better and am pain free. I'll still have to do stretching, but I'm pain free.
Lynn – Jan 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jamal Ahmad, MD?
If I had to rate out of 10 I would give him a 10,000! That's right... A 10,000. You heard it here first, folks. This doctor is wonderful. My dad says "great bedside manner! And very knowledgeable! And kind!". I say "you're fantabulous and amazing!" I came here for a broken ankle.. 2 displaced fractures and one normal fracture.. Even one in my growth plate..! Had put 4 screws and a wire in (wire was pulled out a week later). Was fixed up great! Surgery went really well. No pain after.. No nothing! I can walk really good and do all that stuff. Dr. Ahmad is really awesome! Thank you!
holly bagley – Jan 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jamal Ahmad, MD?
Dr. Ahmad was such a professional, calming, reassuring and compassionate doctor. I have a lot of confidence in his evaluation and treatment. In today's busy schedules I found Dr. Ahmad to take time with my visit in explaining the diagnosis and prognosis and all the questions I asked.
Cynthia Urbanik – Dec 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jamal Ahmad, MD?
Dr. Ahmad is extremely caring and never rushes. I’m always comfortable with him knowing he will spend as much time with me as I need. I had surgery and he did a fantastic job with my foot. If ever needed again he will be my doctor.
Teresa Barone – Nov 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jamal Ahmad, MD?
After reading the reviews for Dr. Ahmad I came to him for a second opinion on my tendonitis after the treatment prescribed by the first doctor was not working. Dr. Ahmad's treatment agreed with what I had on the internet. And it worked perfectly. The pain was gone after 2 days and the tendon was back in shape after a month. In addition the office visits were uplifting because he has a very warm personality and views treatment as a joint effort.
Nov 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jamal Ahmad, MD?
Dr Ahmad listened very well to my needs and concerns and addressed them completely with his professional experience and personal concern. I had a full ankle joint replacement and sub-tailor fusion which was a fairly involved operation and the results exceeded my expectations. I plan on having him perform other procedures for additional issues with both of my feet.
May 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jamal Ahmad, MD?
Great doctor cautions and caring will take care of you to the very best of his ability. One of the best surgeons I have ever had
May 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jamal Ahmad, MD?
I have had a very good experience with Dr. Ahmad. I had a broken heel bone that needed surgery including screws and plates. I had never had an injury this serious, and I was nervous and had a lot of questions and concerns. He answered my questions and explained my treatment options, as well as medications prescribed. I am well along in healing and expect full use of my ankle and foot.
Apr 01, 2019
Would highly recommend.
Norman Dion in Deerfield – Mar 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jamal Ahmad, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Ahmad?

I Strive to provide the most complete and the best possible care for my patients. I treat all of my patients as I would want to be treated myself.

Since becoming an orthopaedic foot/ankle surgeon in 2006 and joining NorthShore Orthopaedic Institute in 2016, I have been highly active in orthopaedic...Read more

Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals

• French
  • Hindi
  • Urdu

• Current Concepts Review- Talus Fractures, 2006
  • The Modified Use of a Locking Plate to Achieve Tibiotalocalcaneal Arthrodesis., 2007
  • A Comparison of Arthrodesis and the BioPro Metallic Hemiarthroplasty of the Hallux Metatarsophalangeal Joint, 2007
  • Osteonecrosis of the second metatarsal head, navicular, and talus., 2006