Dr. Jaime Hernandez, MD

Orthopedic Surgery ·  Male

Dr. Hernandez

Southern California Orthopedic Institute

6815 Noble Ave Van Nuys, CA 91405

Dr. Jaime Hernandez, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Van Nuys, CA and has been practicing for 9 years. He graduated from Northwestern University Feinberg School Of Medicine in 2004 and specializes in orthopedic surgery, hip & knee orthopedics, and more.

Dr. Hernandez's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Hernandez

Dr. Hernandez?
Dr. Hernandez's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Jaime Hernandez, MD
This is my second partial knee replacement with Dr. Hernandez, my other replacement was in 2017 and that knee is doing great. I can’t wait until this one is all heeled so I can get back to my life. Dr. Hernandez is the best in what he does I strongly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jaime Hernandez, MD?
He was amazing. He assured me that my left hip replacement surgery would not be a big deal. He was right. Just the 1st week was hard.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jaime Hernandez, MD?
I had Dr. Hernandez replace my right hip 1 1/2 years ago with wonderful results. I had him replace my left knee 4 weeks ago. I feel I was in the best of hands both times. All of his staff and the team at the hospital are excellent and professional. I am a retired nurse and know what to look for in the care and follow up I want. I do not hesitate to recommend Dr. Hernandez for your hip and knee replacement and care.
Everything was first class
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jaime Hernandez, MD?
Attentiveness from beginning through the whole process. Dr. Hernandez has a a team , including the nurses/physical therapists who have such respect for him and his work....I feel very lucky.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jaime Hernandez, MD?
I was recommended to Dr Hernandez by my physical therapist after having a difficult recovery following a total knee replacement last year. Dr Hernandez recommended a revision knee replacement and my experience was completely different than last year. Dr Hernandez and his team provided much needed information before the procedure and for my care at home after the surgery. This time around, I check in with the doctor's office on a daily basis and know who to call in case any issue arises. I feel so much better after this surgery and am glad I trusted Dr Hernandez and his team.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jaime Hernandez, MD?
I had several opinions before my visit with Dr. Hernandez. From the moment we met, I felt at ease. He gave me options, unlike other doctors. Ultimately, after several visits, We decided surgery (total hip replacement) was the best way to go. About two weeks out, the care from his team has been phenomenal. Maria Carmona is the best, and always available by phone or email for any questions. Dr. Phan is also amazing. The entire staff is the best - in kindness, warmth and follow up. I say the this because it is rare and they go above and beyond!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jaime Hernandez, MD?
I’d heard wonderful things about Dr. Hernandez and once I met him I was a fan. He’s very knowledgeable and I love his demeanor. I have total trust in Dr. Hernandez and have and will refer friends to him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jaime Hernandez, MD?
Dr. Hernandez performed total hip replacement surgery on my left hip and I was walking hours after the surgery. He made sure I had in-home physical therapy as well as nurses who checked on me daily. I am scheduled to have knee replacement surgery in a few months and Dr. Hernandez will be doing it also. After living in chronic pain and being bedridden for almost 10 years, I don’t know why I waited so long. Dr. Hernandez gave me my life back and I will be eternally grateful to him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jaime Hernandez, MD?
Awesome experience, everyone has “the Best Knee Doctor “ but I truly feel I have found him in Dr Hernandez ! I was given his name by my SCOI orthopedist that didn’t do full knee replacement surgery, and I figured I’d look around but also give him a shot at an interview. Well he wowed me from the first meeting, very knowledgeable and personable ! He answered all my questions with answers that I liked ( and I had many ). So I looked no further and agreed to let him do it. Couldn’t have been happier, surgery went great and my wife knew what was going on every step due to an app they give you at the hospital. 2 weeks in and I almost have full range and I’m walking with a cane ( but walking 20 to 30 steps without any help, cane in hand just in case). I have to have my other knee done too ( he won’t do both at the same time, thank goodness) and he will be the one to do it in about 6 months. Anyway , if you need a knee replacement, talk to Dr Hernandez, you won’t be sorry !!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jaime Hernandez, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Hernandez?

At the Southern California Orthopedic Institute, we are dedicated to providing the best possible care available for people of all ages and all walks of life. In addition, we serve as a leading educator of orthopedic surgery technique to surgeons around the world.

• Hip & Knee Orthopedics

2004
2000

Memberships & Affiliations

• International Congress for Joint Reconstruction, Member

Dr. Hernandez accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Hernandez has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(818) 901-6600Find providers who accept this insurance

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Hernandez's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Hip Replacement
  • Knee Injuries
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Replacement

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Hernandez treats patients.

71% Patient experience rating, 2% higher than the national average

• America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2019, 2018, 2017)
  • America's 50 Best Hospitals Award™ (2019, 2018)
  • America's 100 Best Hospitals Award™ (2017)