Dr. Jaime D. Hernandez, MD

Dr. Jaime D. Hernandez, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

At the Southern California Orthopedic Institute, we are dedicated to providing the best possible care available for people of all ages and all walks of life. In addition, we serve as a leading educator of orthopedic surgery technique to surgeons around the world.Read more

Southern California Orthopedic Institute
America's 100 Best Hospitals Award

Dr. Hernandez is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Hernandez's Experience

98Experience
Match

See how Dr. Hernandez's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Hernandez

Dr. Hernandez accepts 1 insurance carrier

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Hernandez has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Hernandez's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hernandez to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Hernandez
Dr. Hernandez's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (95)
in Compton, CA |
Amazing experience in regards to the surgery. Had a hip replacement and insisted on going home the same day which he made possible. Had therapy right after surgery walking 150 feet and walking up and down the stairs. He was highly recommended and I only can pass on the recommendation, if you're looking for the best
in CHATSWORTH |
HIP REPLACEMENT THAT I WAS WALKING STAIRS THE NEXT DAY. THE OTHER HIP WAS A MONTH BEFORE WALKING. A WONDERFUL JOB
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr. Hernandez was friendly and did a great job for me!
in Bakersfield, CA. 93306 |
Ive had both of my hips replaced by Dr. Hernandez and I have had a great recovery. I actually walked out of the hospital day of surgery and was released to go home. My 2nd surgery was done in the outpatient surgery center in Van Nuys. I was home by 5 pm. Im happy that Dr. Hernandez was referred to me by my Dentist's wife who had both hips replaced. Dr. Hernandez is the best surgeon Ive met and I highly recommend him. He's busy and he has a very energetic staff to support him.
in Northridge, CA |
Gotta be the best
in Acton, CA |
Very thorough , expert in his field, fantastic bedside manner and office visits. Staff professional, prompt , helpful, positive. SCOI overall great experience. SCOI out patient surgery center same high level off aren't care. Anethisiologist, nurses, assistants all very attentive and knowledgeable. Dr. Hernandez has put together an incredible staff. My right anterior hip surgery was very successful. They have checked in with me daily through healthloop. They called me the first 3 days
in Canyon Country, CA |
Dr. Hernandez is very straight and up front with you. He answers all questions and his staff are very helpful. he keeps up with your condition and questions daily, My knee replacement went very well and I am not in a lot of pain. I feel that he is the best doctor for this procedure. I would recommend him to anyone having a knee replacement.
in Bakersfield, CA |
I was referred to Dr. Hernandez by a friend of mine . I live two hours away from his operating city . Well worth the travel .. This doctor is very knowledgeable and straight to the point which I appreciate .. I hate when doctors beat around the bush with you . Everything Dr. Hernandez told me to expect happened .. If you need a straight to the point no nonsense doctor/surgeon Dr. Jaime Hernandez is your guy . He will not disappoint . Today is day 13 of my recovery and I am fully walking
in Palmdale Ca. |
Dr Hernandez was very straight to point guys telling you want was wrong and want he feels is the best treatment for you. I needed surgery and I'm very pleased with it I give him a 10 star Thank you
in Rosamond, CA |
Excellent work replacing my hip. Professional and organized.
in Santa Clarita, CA |
His confidence was very reassuring. Very forthcoming with information.
in Westlake Village, CA |
The best doctor you can have is one a good friend recommends. Dr. Hernandez was recommended to us, and we have passed his name on to others. Wonderful practitioner, knowledgable and up to date on his procedures.
in Newbury Park, CA |
The whole experience has been great, he was clear on directions and exactly what would happen.
in Woodland Hills, CA |
Dr. Hernandez explains the procedure thoroughly. He does not seem to be rushed with patient during appointment. He has a website that checks in with you every day after surgery regarding your condition and further instructions. Before surgery the website sets out a time line of things the patient must do to be ready for surgery. There is someone manning the website so you can ask any questions you may have and they will promptly respond.
in Santa Clarita, CA |
First visit he spend lots of time going over procedure answered all my question. He was very genuine and cared. I really appreciated that so many doctors you feel like you're just part of an assembly line. He was able to match my the length of my leg to my other leg which I also had hip surgery on 3 months ago and one leg was longer than the other .
in Burbank, CA |
Because he has a good bedside manner and is extremely frank... with a sort of twisted sense of humor. Wicked. I *know* I need the other hip done, but he smiled, rubbed his hands together, and with a glint in his eye said something like he couldn't wait to get ahold of the other one. Who DOES that? It is kinda funny, in hindsight.
in Valencia, CA |
This experience was so much better than I thought it would be, Dr. Hernandez explained everything and I was never nervous prior to surgery
in Lancaster, CA |
Dr. Hernandez fixed a previous hip replacement by another doctor where my prosthesis had come loose. I had been in constant pain for seven months. Within days of my repair surgery the hip pain was completely gone. Other than some minor discomfort in the incision area two weeks after surgery, I can tell that I will be back to pain-free activities in the very near future. Dr. Hernandez and team did a fantastic job. I highly recommend Dr. Hernandez to anyone need hip repair surgery.
Camarillo, CA |
I found that Dr. Hernandez was extremely knowledgeable and profession in this field of orthopedic surgery. He took the time to explain the procedure and gave his recommendations but did not pressure you to go immediately to surgery. In my case this was very helpful. He also gave the bottom line, was factual and informative but again left it up to me to decide if and when. He has a great bedside manner and seems to truly care about the patients well being.
in Valencia, California |
Dr. Hernandez is an excellent doctor! His bedside manner is great, he takes time to listen to your concerns and answer your questions. I was very happy when he told me he was going to take the arth out of my hip! I felt like I was taken care of throughout the whole process. I had both hips replaced. His staff is on top of everything as well! I definitely recommend him!
in Valencia, CA |
He explained every thing I wanted to know, in easy to understand lay mans terms , He put me at ease right away, I had done a complete check up on several doctors whom I had considered before my appointment with Dr, Hernandez . After my appt. there was no doubt in my my mind who would be doing my procedure. He has met or exceeded all of my expectations. I would recommend him 100%
in Glendale, CA |
Dr. Hernandez is my Angel.
in Northridge |
I was recommended to Dr. Hernandez by a few friends. When I first met him, I was impressed that he was much younger than other surgeons that I had spoken to. He was also self confident with a very positive energy. It's been 2 weeks since my surgery, and I'm already walking better than before the hip placement. I am extremely satisfied with the whole process. It's great to get his daily automated emails, with pertinent questions and important information. I also send questions almost daily.
in North Hollywood, CA |
Excellent skills, excellent team.
in Santa Clarita, CA |
Everything turned out as I expected, am I doing well 2 weeks post Total knee replacement surgery. Think the daily E-mails are a great reminder of post op exercises, complications to watch out for, and a good way to stay in touch with questions.
Excellent Doctor. Discusses all options in detail. Honest assemennt of my problems. Available for questions as they come up.
in Encino, CA |
I am an orthopedic surgeon myself and I chose Dr. Hernandez to do my total hip in June 2015. I was unable to hike, bike, play golf or even stand in the OR without pain prior to the surgery. I stayed in the hospital for 22 hrs. Dr. Hernandez uses the latest anterior approach for his hip surgery and has two dedicated operating rooms and a expert staff to support his practice both in the Northridge Hospital and at SCOI. I just returned from a snowshoe trip to Idaho and my hip was perfect. SJS
in Granada Hills, Ca |
Dr Hernandez made me feel confident that I was in good hands. I have been so impressed that everyday have found an e-mail asking how I am and how I am doing. I would definitely recommend him.
in Santa clarita |
Dr. Hernandez is the whole package, he's a very good listener and his confidence in his profession shines through his humble nature. He is dedicated to his craft and what he promised, that I would be in a lot less pain after my total hip replacement, is really true!! I'm two weeks out of my surgery and I'm walking around my home rarely using my cane, I'm excited to see how I'll feel in aonther 2 weeks...I have very little pain mostly from the incision which is healing nicely. I'm very happy!
in Lexington, MA |
After my mother's successful total right knee replacement performed by Dr. Hernandez, I selected him over Boston surgeons even though this meant surgery/rehab 3,000 miles away from home. Dr. Hernandez and his surgical team performed flawlessly on my right hip arthroplasty. Included in A+ performance are the Northridge Hospital Medical Center and their pre-, post-surgery staff. NOTE: While Dr. Hernandez, in my opinion, is talented and skilled, post-surgery in-home care managers/admin rated a C-.
Have you seen Dr. Jaime D. Hernandez, MD?
Are you Dr. Hernandez?

Why It Matters: Dr. Hernandez's Board Certifications

• Ankle Sprains and Strains
  • Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Morton's Neuroma

Dr. Hernandez does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Hernandez and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.

No malpractice history found for California.

Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine

Brigham & Women's Hospital-Harvard Medical School

Completed in 2010

Weill Cornell Medical College

Graduated in 2000

Dr. Hernandez has no media or publications listed.

• International Congress for Joint Reconstruction, Member

The International Congress for Joint Reconstruction (ICJR) delivers continuing medical education to orthopedic surgeons focused on the latest operative techniques, procedures, advanced devices, and improvements in patient care. Physicians affiliated with ICJR are committed to offering patients the best treatment options available today

×

Dr. Hernandez's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  • Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Hernandez

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Hernandez's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Hernandez

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Hernandez's Care Philosophy