Dr. Jaime Hernandez, MD

Dr. Jaime Hernandez, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Male

Dr. Jaime Hernandez, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Van Nuys, CA. He has been practicing for 13 years. Dr. Hernandez is affiliated with Northridge Hospital Medical Center.

Southern California Orthopedic Institute

6815 Noble Ave

Van Nuys, CA 91405

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Hernandez

At the Southern California Orthopedic Institute, we are dedicated to providing the best possible care available for people of all ages and all walks of life. In addition, we serve as a leading educator of orthopedic surgery technique to surgeons around the world.

Dr. Hernandez's Experience

Dr. Hernandez's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  • Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Ankle Sprains and Strains
  • Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Morton's Neuroma

No malpractice history found for California.

• Weill Cornell Medical College
  • The State University Of New York
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2009
  • Brigham & Women's Hospital-Harvard Medical School
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2010

Dr. Hernandez has no media or publications listed.

• International Congress for Joint Reconstruction, Member

Northridge Hospital Medical Center

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
America's 100 Best Hospitals Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Hernandez is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Hernandez's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hernandez to family and friends
Dr. Hernandez's Performance
in Fontana, CA |
I've had nomerous other surgeries including 6 back surgeries ,and at no time did I along with my wife get the kind of treatment like we received at Northridge Hospital,the entire staff must be commended for the outstanding job they perform ,the care and attention to the patient. Dr Hernandez has established himself and his staff as the best in showing human compassion to all there patients. We live in San Bernrdino Ca the drive is terrible, but end results is great. Thank you all .
in Lancaster, CA |
Dr Hernandez was very professional and also so personal. He made sure that I as well as my husband understood what to anticipate. His “teams” from the office and the hospital were very helpful. At age 74, this was my first surgery and he made it a great experience Dr. Hernandez had a system in place so he communicates daily via computer so I always felt he was helping daily. I was very blessed to have Dr Hernandez perform my total knee replacement! Peggy
Agoura Hills |
Dr. Hernandez is a brilliant and talented surgeon. However, I missed Dr. Hernandez making his rounds after completing surgery(s). I'm no youngster and been through this before.. It's been my experience to have that short conversation with the Doctor, as they make there rounds.. During my short stay @ Northridge Hospital, I didn't see Dr. Hernandez post surgery. I missed that pat on the back and the opportunity to express my appreciation and/or ask questions..
Oxnard, CA |
Dr. Hernandez is professional and personable. He tells you exactly what needs to be done and how he's going to accomplish that. He gives you options but is direct on which he thinks is the best option for you. His team is outstanding. They are helpful in every way.
Santa Clarita, CA |
Dr. Hernandez is very professional. He described all phases of the procedure. There where no surprises. His team is first rate from the nurses to physical therapy.
in Simi Valley, CA |
I feel very confident having Dr Hernandez as my knee replacement doctor. His computer aided surgery approach gives me high confidence that I will be able to return to my active lifestyle feeling better than ever!
in Newbury Park, CA |
This. Was my second total knee replacement and I had no concerns or worries about the procedure. I had extreme confidence in Dr Hernandez..
Granada Hills, CA |
The pain I was experiencing prior to my surgery far outweighed the pain after my surgery, I would do it again in a heartbeat
in Palmdale, CA |
Dr Hernandez took the time to explain the entire process and answered all my questions with confidence. He is easy going and takes your concerns serious.
Porter Ranch, CA |
Dr. Hernandez is an amazing surgeon with an impressive background. I am one of his younger patients that has hip dysplasia. I needed 2 anterior hip replacements and I was extremely nervous. However, Dr. Hernandez spent an hour in my consultation answering all of my questions. His amiable calm bedside manner truly put my mind at ease. Now that both surgeries are complete, I can be active with my kids again without pain! I am so thankful to have found such a competent skilled surgeon!
in Thousand Oaks |
Dr. Hernandez and his staff have taking care of me and my concerns from day one. I had a total right knee replacement surgery in July of 2017. After speaking with Dr. Hernandez about the procedure, I knew I was in good hands and had nothing to worry about. Dr. Hernandez is an excellent surgeon and is genuinely looking out for the best interests of his patients. Thanks again Dr. Hernandez, his office staff and surgical team.
Canyon Country, CA |
Dr. Hernandez is the best. He is compassionate and explains everything. He is well known by the staff at Northridge Hospital where his patients get outstanding care. He really seems to enjoy his work which he has perfected by performing so many, especially hip and knee replacements. His staff are caring while taking time to support each patient with their individual needs.
Encino, CA |
Dr. Hernandez seems quiet but always thinking about you the patient, and your medical needs. I think he sees each patient as an individual and approaches their care individually.
Canoga Park, CA |
I've had two hip replacements, both performed by Dr. Hernandez and I highly recommend him. His staff and the surgical team were excellent.
Canyon Country, CA |
If this site had a million stars that's would I would have rated Dr Hernandez and his team. After 5 knee surgeries, 7 years later from doctors NOT affiliated with SCOI - I found Dr Hernandez and I am soooo optimistic about my future , my knee is bending and functioning the best it has in 7 years & 5 surgeries later. Me & my family are so thankful for Dr Hernandez & his Team.
in Van Nuys, CA |
I'm just shy of 2 weeks since my total hip replacement. Only slight pain I have right now is mostly due to some swelling and that I happen to have a back problem. The hip though is feeling quite good. The entire staf from Mr. Phan to all the staff on the 4th floor of COSI are fantastic. I felt comfortable throughout the entire procedure . The daily communication with the healthloop app is wonderful and the visiting nurse and therapist has been a positive. I picked the right doctor!
in Bakersfield, CA |
I had a hip replacement 2 weeks ago. Anterior approach (only way to go in my opinion). Same day surgery! Results are better than I had even hoped. I have had NO hip *joint* pain since the surgery. There was pain from the incision (surgical cut), and still is some pain from pulling on the muscles and soft tissue, but the joint moves beautifully and without any pain. I've needed almost no narcotics during recovery. 1/2 tab percocet at bedtime; maybe before PT. I am going back to work in 2 day
in Thousand Oaks, CA |
I'm 59 years old and feel like a new man after a THR of my left hip. Dr. Hernandez, his staff, and the staff at Northridge hospital were amazing and were on top of every aspect and detail of the surgery and recovery process. The extreme pain I had in the hip joint and surrounding area is now gone and I am walking well over a mile each day only 2 weeks after my surgery. I truly couldn't be happier with the outcome, and have nothing but "thank you's" for Dr. Hernandez and his entire team.
in Hermosa Beach, CA |
Choosing Dr. Hernandez for my total knee replacement is like hitting a home run, getting a hole-in-one, and an Olympic Gold Medal. When I first met him I spent 3/4 of an hour with questions and answers, and he enthusiastically and with good humor gave excellent responses to all my concerns. His staff is equally good. The surgery went flawlessly, and now in the second week of recovery he and his staff are coaching me well using HealthLoop, for daily communication.
in Valencia, CA |
I'm needed to do a revision to my left knee and was very hesitant because it had a very hard time doing it the first time. Dr. Hernandez reassured me all new and better than in early 2000's.in have to agree wow less pain more Mobility faster,I'm going to need my other knee done soon and I'd definitely would have him do it. HE'S VERY CONFIDENT WITH HIS WORK AND RESULTS SHOW HE'S GREAT AT WHAT HE DOES..THANK YOU DR.HERNANDEZ AND TEAM.
in Van Nuys, CA |
excellent doctor, always checking in with you every day.
in Valencia CA |
Dr Hernandez is an amazing surgeon. I had a partial knee replacement and was back to work in 7 days. Pain level was manageable from day two. The follow up process is all via e mail and online - which meant the information provided was constant and they did respond quickly with any questions or concerns. I will schedule my other knee with him as quickly as possible.
in Glendale, CA |
Dr. Hernandez is a five star specialist. I did my right hip total replacement and after 3 days I was walking without any help. Also, the pain was minimal and took pain medicine for the first 3 days only. The nurses in the operating room were also fantastic. Over all I had a positive experience and in a few months I will do my total knee replacement with the same Dr. Hernandez.
in Bend, Oregon |
Dr Hernandez is fantastic. I flew all the way in from Oregon to have HIM specifically do my total knee replacement, to make sure I got the best :) I am at my two-week mark today and am already walking. He does amazing work (I did my research!) and I am now another living testament to his brilliance. I am so grateful I found him. I highly recommend him to anyone needing knee replacement surgery!
in Fontana, CA |
Thank you Dr Hernandez. Last year the VA replacement my right hip and I have had nothing but pain since, a year later I am still receiving from that surgery. You just did my left hip not even two weeks ago and I feel my left hip is way ahead of my right. Post surgery pain was so much less this time, have only taken 3 Norco after coming home, last time it would have been 20x this amount. To anyone reading this and thinking about a hip replacement, GO TO DR HERNANDEZ. Thank You So Much, Mike
in Woodland Hills, CA |
In my opinion, Dr Hernandez is the best hip surgeon around. Being the best, he of course is busy, but I would be a bit concerned if my surgeon was wide open and available at all times as that could be an indication that he isn't in demand.
in Lancaster, CA |
Dr Hernandez and his entire staff are phenomenal. I have never experienced a medical team so caring and kind. The daily e-mails with instructions - the ability to ask questions puts me at ease knowing I dont have to wait hours for a response. I look forward to my next hip surgery and a new life without chronic pain. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.
in Valencia, CA |
Dr. Hernandez and his team are very concerned with their Patients and their welfare from the time of the surgery and all through the healing process. A great staff. Jane Nelson
in Canyon Country, CA |
Dr. Hernandez is a no nonsense surgeon. He gets to the point and doesn't dance around any issue. His bedside manner is curt but polite and he will take the time to answer your questions though they will be straight and to the point with little sugar-coating, which I appreciate. My surgery went as described and my recovery went better than I expected. I am very happy with my results and with my doctor. I hope to have him for my right hip later this new year.
in Lancaster CA |
I appreciate Dr. Hernandez's knowledge and understanding of my condition. I also like his pleasant demeanor. Having major surgery can be overwhelming and he made me feel less anxious and actually a bit excited about moving forward with the procedure.
in Simi Valley, CA |
If anyone has a nee our anything wrong with there hip go see this outstanding Doctor I am blessed to have him giving me my surgery sits hard to find Someone who cares and not see you as a number thank you Doctor Jaime d Hernandez with all my heart
in Sherwood Forest, CA |
Dr. Hernandez spent a generous amount of time explaining the details of my hip replacement procedure. The anterior cut is by far more advanced than a posterior cut. I was walking around and out of the hospital hours after my surgery and by day 10, I was considering taking a ballroom class. I can't express how thrilled my family and I are about the fantastic speed of my recovery. I returned to work 2 weeks after surgery. Dr. H. has magical hands that I would allow to work on all my loved ones.
in Thousand Oaks, CA |
Dr. Hernandez is he best hip surgeon there, uses the absolute latest technique, very friendly and communicative. Am having my other hip done by him in a couple of months, would not go anywhere else. A+ staff, recovery was much quicker than I thought. Excellent communication between patient and staff.
in Glendale, CA |
I recently completed my second hip replacement performed by Dr. Hernandez and his wonderful surgical and office teams! I'm extremely pleased with the entire process. I highly recommend them to anyone considering hip replacement surgery. I was very pleased with how the entire process was managed from my first initial visit through my release.
in Los Angeles, CA |
Dr. Hernandez replaced BOTH of my knee joints, approximately one year apart from each other. I now can walk, squat, & climb stairs without pain and no longer need a cane, which I had been using for several years before my surgeries. The excellent quality & precision of his technique make him a rock star in my opinion!
in Camarillo, CA |
I've had 3 surgeries by Dr. Hernandez and I found him to be extremely caring and professional.
in Compton, CA |
Amazing experience in regards to the surgery. Had a hip replacement and insisted on going home the same day which he made possible. Had therapy right after surgery walking 150 feet and walking up and down the stairs. He was highly recommended and I only can pass on the recommendation, if you're looking for the best
in CHATSWORTH |
HIP REPLACEMENT THAT I WAS WALKING STAIRS THE NEXT DAY. THE OTHER HIP WAS A MONTH BEFORE WALKING. A WONDERFUL JOB
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr. Hernandez was friendly and did a great job for me!
in Bakersfield, CA. 93306 |
Ive had both of my hips replaced by Dr. Hernandez and I have had a great recovery. I actually walked out of the hospital day of surgery and was released to go home. My 2nd surgery was done in the outpatient surgery center in Van Nuys. I was home by 5 pm. Im happy that Dr. Hernandez was referred to me by my Dentist's wife who had both hips replaced. Dr. Hernandez is the best surgeon Ive met and I highly recommend him. He's busy and he has a very energetic staff to support him.
in Northridge, CA |
Gotta be the best
in Acton, CA |
Very thorough , expert in his field, fantastic bedside manner and office visits. Staff professional, prompt , helpful, positive. SCOI overall great experience. SCOI out patient surgery center same high level off aren't care. Anethisiologist, nurses, assistants all very attentive and knowledgeable. Dr. Hernandez has put together an incredible staff. My right anterior hip surgery was very successful. They have checked in with me daily through healthloop. They called me the first 3 days
in Canyon Country, CA |
Dr. Hernandez is very straight and up front with you. He answers all questions and his staff are very helpful. he keeps up with your condition and questions daily, My knee replacement went very well and I am not in a lot of pain. I feel that he is the best doctor for this procedure. I would recommend him to anyone having a knee replacement.
in Bakersfield, CA |
I was referred to Dr. Hernandez by a friend of mine . I live two hours away from his operating city . Well worth the travel .. This doctor is very knowledgeable and straight to the point which I appreciate .. I hate when doctors beat around the bush with you . Everything Dr. Hernandez told me to expect happened .. If you need a straight to the point no nonsense doctor/surgeon Dr. Jaime Hernandez is your guy . He will not disappoint . Today is day 13 of my recovery and I am fully walking
in Palmdale Ca. |
Dr Hernandez was very straight to point guys telling you want was wrong and want he feels is the best treatment for you. I needed surgery and I'm very pleased with it I give him a 10 star Thank you
in Rosamond, CA |
Excellent work replacing my hip. Professional and organized.
in Santa Clarita, CA |
His confidence was very reassuring. Very forthcoming with information.
in Westlake Village, CA |
The best doctor you can have is one a good friend recommends. Dr. Hernandez was recommended to us, and we have passed his name on to others. Wonderful practitioner, knowledgable and up to date on his procedures.
in Newbury Park, CA |
The whole experience has been great, he was clear on directions and exactly what would happen.
in Woodland Hills, CA |
Dr. Hernandez explains the procedure thoroughly. He does not seem to be rushed with patient during appointment. He has a website that checks in with you every day after surgery regarding your condition and further instructions. Before surgery the website sets out a time line of things the patient must do to be ready for surgery. There is someone manning the website so you can ask any questions you may have and they will promptly respond.
Have you seen Dr. Jaime Hernandez, MD?
Are you Dr. Hernandez?

Visit Dr. Hernandez

Dr. Hernandez accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Hospitals where Dr. Hernandez has admitting privileges

Northridge Hospital Medical Center
18300 Roscoe Blvd
Northridge, CA 91325

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Hernandez at Southern California Orthopedic Institute

Orthopedic Surgery Specialist