Dr. Jaime Cruz, MD

Dr. Jaime Cruz, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  |
Dr. Jaime Cruz, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in San Antonio, TX. He is 60 years old and has been practicing for 32 years.

155 E Sonterra Blvd Ste 105

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • CHAMPVA

Learn about Dr. Cruz

See how frequently Dr. Cruz performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Diabetes Type 2
Hypothyroidism
Thyroid Disease

Dr. Cruz's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

Medical School | Graduated 1985
  • George Washington University Medical Center
  • U Tex Hlth Sci Ctr
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Cruz has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Cruz does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cruz and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Cruz's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cruz to family and friends
2.7
Dr. Cruz's Performance
San Antonio, TX |
I have recommended him. They liked him too. Dr. Cruz is a sweet soft spoken man who has great patient communitation skills. He listens and does the best for his patients. I feel secure in knowing he is doing the proper medical treatment. He has my trust in treating my thyroid. I have had problems making appoints on the telephone a year ago. It is better now. I get my next apt before I leave the office. I take my orders with me to so I don't have to spend time on the phone.
in San Antonio, TX |
Jaime Cruz has been my doctor for over 20 years. He always makes me feel that he is glad to see me and that we have as much time as neeed to discuss my any issues that I may have. I highly recommend him to anyone who needs a great endocrinologist.
Dr. Cruz is very kind, and takes the time to explain information to you. He's a patient speaker and listener. Very good bedside manners. I've never had issues with his staff, and the nurses who do my blood work are excellent, patient, and make me feel very comfortable every time.
in San Antonio, TX |
I love this endocrinologist, however, I have been trying to cancel my appointment for tomorrow 7/18 since 1:3] today. Guess they forgot to turn off the message about only accepting calls during office hours. Very frustrating.
in San Antonio |
Horrible Staff. Impossible to reach over the phone. Staff is incompetent. Dr. Cruz was Decent. Will not go back due to horrible staff and experience trying to make a phone call to this place.
in San Antonio, TX |
Have been seeing Dr Cruz for over 7 years. Great care regarding my diabetes and thyroid cancer. Office staff always returns my calls and completes the actions requested. No issues at all.
Schertz, TX |
Dr. Cruz was great, efficient and immediately figure out my problem. He was kind and involved. I would recommend this doctor.
in San Antonio, TX |
Outstanding!!! Thank you Dr. Cruz. Finally I have answers and I feel better.
San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Cruz and his nurse practitioner Ms. Fernandez truly care, are compassionate and take time with my concerns and complicated medical problems. I have experienced a very efficient office with refills, appointments, and labs. I use the patient portal to view messages directly from Dr. Cruz and Ms. Fernandez and can respond directly to them. I always get copies of my results at the time of the visit, but I also print my own results if I need them from the office patient portal.
San Antonio |
Never will I recommend his office to anyone! Being that I am a nurse, I will make it a point that the clinics I work for do not refer him ever again! And not because of him, but because of his staff! Absolutely no customer service and the "office manager" is rude as heck!
in Bulverde, TX |
Dr Cruz & Fernandez are not great but okay as doctors go these days. However, I will no longer go to this office: 1 - Office staff is the worst I have ever encountered. They are rude and have zero customer service skills. They seem to forget that I am helping pay their salary. 2 - Unreasonable wait times. Unless I am lucky enough to get an 8:00 am appointment I always wait 45 to 60 minutes beyond my appointment time to be seen. There is zero consideration for my time.
in San Antonio, TX |
My first and only visit to Dr. Jaime Cruz’s office was a complete disaster. The staff is not friendly and the doctor has no regards to the patient’s time. After complaining that I was waiting in the consultation room for 80 minutes, the staff informed me that it would be another 30 minutes until the doctor would come to see me and that he took other patients in front of me.
Austin, TX |
Dr. Cruz is a fine doctor. His office staff is completely incompetent and impossible to deal with. Do not go here. It is a terrible idea. It took me 4 months to get blood results back because I could not get a call into a human. The office staff is straight up RUDE. IF he doesn't hire new people he is going to lose all of his credit as a good doctor which is sad.
in San Antonio, TX |
Seperb medical care. Caught my thyroid cancer very early and arranged for all facets of my required surgery and follow on tests and care. Very efficient office staff. Never had a billing issue. No complaints of any kind. Very nice people!
in San Antonio, TX |
Rude office staff-- It took weeks to get someone to call me back. My new patient appointment was 3 months later. One month before the appointment, his office staff called and postponed the appointment for another month! I waited from May to October for an appointment with this guy! He ordered blood work. Called for over a week to make a follow up. Follow up appointment set for December! Asked for my blood work so I could find a different doctor. They refused to give me my own records.
in San Antonio, TX |
Rude. No compassion. Not going back to him.
in San Antonio, TX |
I have never experienced a dr who refused to give you results of your blood tests! I asked twice and, twice, he refused! He did, however, tell me I only had one thyroid gland...hum, I already knew that! I would not recommend anyone to this doctor and, needless to say, I'll NEVER GO BACK! I was leery of him from the beginning because he does not look at you in the eye when he talks to you. He never even asked me how I was feeling! Worst doctor I've ever gone to!
San Antonio, TX |
I have thoroughly appreciated all Dr. Cruz has done for me. He is kind, courteous and takes the time to work with his patients. However, his office staff is the pits. They do not make any effort to accommodate and know nothing about customer service. Charged me for a missed appointment I am confident I cancelled and refuse to consider they may have been the ones to make a mistake. I am curious how much the doctor is aware of the poor customer service he has up front? Personalities do not match.
in McQueeney, TX |
They do not think your time is important. They are willing to charge their patients all sorts of fees, most notably one for no-showing for an appointment. However, they did not show up for my 2pm appointment today and In no way offered me that same fee!
in San Antonio, TX |
I would not recommend this doctor, the office staff including the office manager Dawn is rude, unprofessional, lacks empathy and displays a negative opinion of patient care. She actually walked away when asked to help solve a billing issue. This office should not be included in ANY healthcare plan. I have never experienced such unprofessional people that are working with patients. I am very disappointed. Please do not let yourself become caught in the toxic, uncaring environment.
Very knowledgeable and professional
Have you seen Dr. Jaime Cruz, MD?
Are you Dr. Cruz?

Visit Dr. Cruz

Dr. Cruz accepts 16 insurance carriers
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
    Blue Choice
  • CHAMPVA
  • Group Health Cooperative
  • HealthFirst
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Principal Life