Dr. Jaicharan Iyengar, MD

Dr. Jaicharan Iyengar, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
85 reviews

Dr. Jaicharan Iyengar, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Stockton, CA. He is 35 years old and has been practicing for 10 years. Dr. Iyengar is affiliated with Dameron Hospital, Lodi Memorial Hospital and St. Joseph's Medical Center of Stockton....See Less

ALPINE ORTHOPAEDIC MEDICAL GROUP, INC.

2488 N California St

• Health Plan of San Joaquin
  • Hill Physicians Medical Group
  • Medicare

Learn about Dr. Iyengar

"I always strive to provide compassionate care to my patients and understand the impact their orthopaedic injury has had on their overall health. I consider surgery the last resort, but when necessary, I utilize the latest minimally-invasive surgical techniques to allow my patients a faster recovery and quicker return to the activities they enjoy."

Dr. Iyengar's Experience

Dr. Iyengar's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Fracture
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Femur Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Golfer's Elbow (Medial Epicondylitis)
  • Gout
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Injuries
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Shoulder Labral Tear
  • Shoulder Pain
  • Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis
  • Sports Injuries
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures

• Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Reverse Total Shoulder and Total Shoulder Replacement
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Shoulder Surgery
  • Total Shoulder Replacement
  • Ultrasound

No malpractice history found for California.

• Uc Los Angeles
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2003
    Medical School | Graduated 2007
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2008
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2012
  • Columbia University / College of Physicians And Surgeons
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2013

Dr. Iyengar has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Iyengar does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Iyengar and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

St. Joseph's Medical Center of Stockton

is a Healthgrades Top-Rated Hospital

2016 Five Star Recipient for Total Knee Replacement

View Ratings

Dr. Iyengar's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Iyengar to family and friends
Dr. Iyengar Says:

"My greatest satisfaction comes from taking good care of my patients and seeing them get well. I take feedback very seriously so please do not hesitate to leave a comment regarding your experience as we are always striving to improve our delivery of care!"

Dr. Iyengar's Performance
What a wonderful doctor. Dr. Iyengar is very very knowledgeable, communicates well and is extremely decisive in regards to his response to your medical issues. I knew within a few minutes of my initial appointment with him that I had chosen the right ortho dr for my knee pain. Dr. Iyengar listened intently to my description of symptoms and and after examining me, gave me some options and then his recommendation as to how he felt we should proceed given my wishes and my plan for treatment.
Stockton, CA |
I was seen for a injured shoulder in early December of last year. After the MRI and consultation, rotator cuff surgery was performed by Dr. Iyengar. After months of follow up visits and diligent physical therapy, the shoulder is fantastic!
in Stockton, CA |
Dr Iyengar is an amazing doctor. I recently seen Dr Iyengar as I had fractured my clavicle. I was able to get in to see him very quickly. He sat down with me a reviewed my x-rays and we went over the results and the best plan for recovery. He takes his time, explains things in details and genuinely cares about providing the best for his patients. He is very knowledgeable and answers all of your questions. His assistant is also amazing, very helpful and friendly. The office is very clean, staff f
in Stockton, CA |
Great skill, great communication, great bed-side manner and a nice guy. I'd give him a10 if I could.
in Lodi, CA |
Dr. very patient and explains everything clearly. I'm still having alot of pain. I have return appointment with Dr.
in Stockton, CA |
i had surgery on my elbow and was a lil scared of anesthesia and the whole idea of getting cut open .DR Iyengar and the whole staff made me feel very comfortable and at ease with everything that took place.Surgery went smooth and i couldn't have asked for anything better than the Dr.and his staff i felt very grateful i was in good hands
in Stockton, CA |
He made me feel comfortable. I was very anxious about getting an operation. With His calm manner he explained everything needed for my care. Was given a shot and decided I would rather continue with getting shots instead of surgery . He agreed as long as I could manage my life without too much pain.
in Pioneer, CA |
I went to Doctor Iyengar for a second opinion. He provided me with a very detailed explanation of my injuries, a surgical plan and a recovery plan, thus leaving me with a feeling of having found the right surgeon. Now that three months have passed since the surgery that he performed on my elbow, I am not only convinced that I made the right choice, I would highly recommend Doctor Iyengar as a fine example of a medical genius to any person needing a highly skilled and compassionate surgeon.
in Modesto, CA |
I have always been treated professionally and given all information. Dr. Iyengar always answers my questions and gives excellent care.
in Stockton, CA |
If any of my friends will need a surgery, I will refer them to Dr. Iyengar no doubt. He did my right shoulder repair and everything is coming good, he explained to me everything, also the rehab needed for my shoulder. This was a complete different experience from my prior knee surgery with your Dr. Murata.
in Stockton, CA |
I was injured on the job. Dr. Iyengar had performed a previous surgery on the same knee. He acted quickly and decisively explaining what had happened and what needed to be done to resolve my current problem. His "Bedside Manner" is kind and understanding. He answered all of my questions and made sure that I understood what he was talking about. Surgery was quickly scheduled and the post surgical care has been great. Out of 5 stars I give him a 10!
in Lodi, CA |
I do not like nor trust Dr. Iyengar. I have found him to be vicious and spiteful. On 10/28 had my 2nd shoulder surgery, both performed by Dr. Iyengar. I sincerely believe he sent me back to work too soon which cause additional tears in my shoulder. I have seen my GP 3 days ago regarding the fever I have had since my surgery. My next scheduled appt with Iyengar was 12-19 until he found out that I saw my GP. I saw him yesterday and he is sending me back to work Monday, in spite 5 weeks after.
Ms. Shaw-- I'm sorry that you found your treatment to be unsatisfactory. Worker's compensation has strict guidelines regarding return to work that must be followed by all providers. Unfortunately, the work status cannot be changed due to illness (i.e. the flu) unrelated to the injury claim--this has to go through your GP. If an employer can accommodate "sedentary" work duties, involving no lifting/carrying/repetitive motion with the affected arm, this must be honored at the appropriate time.
in stockton, ca |
I went in to see Dr Iyengar for knee pain. Dr. Iyengar is very knowledgeable & compassionate. Keeping your level of discomfort/pain to a minimum and will consider your "overall" health as well to provide you with the maximum care.
in Manteca ca 95337 |
Excellent Orthopedic Surgeon. Top draw all the way. Very personable, takes time with his patients, explains procedure in terms you can understand. Very professional staff. Would defently recommend Dr Lyengar to anyone.
in Stockton, CA |
I was recommended to Doctor iyengar from my first visit with him I already felt wow someone hearing me and making me feel like my situation was going to get accomplished I thank him just for caring ??
in Stockton, Ca |
Dr. Iyengar is the most caring doctor I have ever gone to. My surgery turned out great. I do not have the words to say how wonderful, caring and competent he is. He also is very personable. I along with my whole family would highly recommend him.
in Stockton, CA |
I found Dr. Iyengar to be pleasant and easy to talk to. He was very good at going over my x-rays with me. He made it easy for me to understand what was going on.
in Stockton, CA |
My first visit with Dr.Iyangar was about six months ago. I noticed immediately that he was very easy to talk to; felt relaxed, comfortable. Also, he did everything possible to make my MRI experience doable.Dr Iyangar performed rotator cuff surgery in June of this year; successful recovery.
in Manteca, CA |
Seems to take and adjust with a unique perspective to individual patients needs and backgrounds. Excellent rapport.
in Stockton, CA |
Very professional, knowledgeable and courteous.
in Stockton ca. |
Yes I would recommend him to others a great doctor shoulder doctor very nice and explain everything to you so I am pleased thank you
in Stockton, CA |
Excellent and compassionate care including during hospital stay and follow up visits. Explained well the emergency procedure and necessary precautions for best recovery. Dr Iyengar has a calming demeanor which we appreciated at a frightening and emotional time for the family. Wife of patient i
in Stockton, CA |
I came in to see the Dr. because of pain in both of my shoulders. After taking X-Rays he said that a cortisone injections in the one shoulder would probably take care of the left shoulder. He thought that the reason the right shoulder was hurting was because I was favoring the other one He was very through and did not hurt me giving the shot. Very nice Doctor.
in Murphys, CA |
Dr. Iyengar is warm and friendly, but best of all he listens. He seems to instantly understand your dilemma, and acts accordingly. Top notch!! Mary Matzek
in Manteca, CA |
Dr. Iyengar had an excellent bedside manner. He listened, diagnosed and explained the problem clearly and by using medical drawings. He and his staff were also ready to immediately take x-rays and treat my shoulder on site. Without scheduling a new appointment.
in Stockton, CA |
I had shoulder surgery by Dr. Iyengar, from day one Dr. Iyengar treated me very well made me feel very comfortable. Its been 2 months since my surgery recovery is going very well, no problems. Just want to thank Dr. Iyengar for fixing me, I would recommend Dr. Iyengar to anyone who wants it done right. Excellent work!! Thanks Again
in stockton, ca |
He listened to my problems and had answers to all my questions and laid out a clear plan to take care of my fully torn rotator cuff. He is patient and professional, I would highly recommend him to anybody.
in Stockton, CA |
My name is Harvey Cummings and i was in a motorcycle accident. i should have had surgery on my dislocated shoulder within the first week.I switched doctors, and met Dr. Iyengar. He made no promises but he said he would do his best since a month had already passed.A 1 hour surgery lasted 3 1/2 hours When it was over he was very pleased. It has been almost two months now and I'm doing great. he says I should have 100% of use of my arm with therapy. I highly recommend Dr. Iyengar to anyone.
in Lodi, CA |
Dr. Iyengar performed a rotator cuff surgery on my fully torn rotator cuff. His kindness and fully explaining the procedure with MRI and pictures was very informing and helpful in understanding my problem. His care has been excellent and I appreciate his kindness and not being in a hurry and rushing. I always have time to ask questions. I have recommended him to friends who need a shoulder Doctor.
in Escalon, CA |
I had knee surgery for a tear in my meniscus. I can?t speak for the other surgeons at Alpine Orthopedics, what I do know is that I have much respect and confidence in Dr. Iyengar. Without any doubt I would see him for any injury related to his specialty and I would also recommend friends and family to do the same. The numerous high marks from many past patient's on this site speaks for itself. Thank you Dr. Iyengar for repairing my knee.
in Stockton, CA |
I was in a truck accident April 2014 and I guess I tore my bicep muscle from the shoulder and for a year dealing with pain 24/7 and poor workers comp medical, I finely got to see Dr. Iyengar and let me tell you right off the bat He looks me over and has a very good Idea of what's going on with me sets up a surgery in July 2015 and makes the necessary repairs and OMG it's so much better. I deal with some slight pain on very cold days and my left arm is a little weak but no pain like Before.
in Stockton, CA |
I would recommend Dr. Iyengar to anyone without reservation. He is a wonderful doctor and a very personable man. I give him 5 stars and would give more if I could. DR. Iyengar explained everything very clearly. Something seniors appreciate a great deal.
in Lodi |
Dr Iuengar was very professional yet still very personable. He explained my injury and the procedure necessary to repair it to me so that I understood. He took the time to address my questions and concerns. He put me completely at ease. After yhe surgery he zgain took the time to tell me what he founf znd did diring the surgery. He was very supportive and encouraging in my physiczl therapy. I would strongly recommend him to someone needing same or similar surgery.
in Lodi, CA |
From the minute he walked in I knew I was in good hands. He was very confident that he could fix my arm and get me back to as close to normal as possible. He was very nice and thorough and answered all my questions and concerns and made me feel very confident about the surgery. I can tell he loves what he does and it shows in his work. It was my first surgery, and hopefully my last, and it couldn't have gone any smoother. I thank Dr. Iyengar very much for his great work! Also the office staff!
in Stockton, CA |
Very attentive to my needs and concerns. Treatment was excellent and his care was excellent.
in 3628 Harvey Avenue, Stockton, Ca 95206 |
I think that Dr Iyengar is a very good doctor. Dr Iyengar helped me feel relaxed and was able to answer all my questions. I really enjoyed my visit today. I left with additional knowledge about my healing process. I felt that he values his patients and listens and is understanding of their pain. Great visit!
in Manteca, CA |
Very courteousness Dr..Listens to r your concerns.I Recommend highly!
in Stockton, CA |
I was having random sharp horrible pain in my left knee Dr Iyengar did surgery it took about 5 months for it to be almost back to normal but ever since i had the surgery i have not had any of the random sharp horrible pain Thank you Dr Iyengar
in Stockton, CA |
Kind, patient and very professional.
Have you seen Dr. Jaicharan Iyengar, MD?

Visit Dr. Iyengar

Stockton, CA 95203
Lodi Memorial Hospital
975 S Fairmont Ave
Lodi, CA 95240

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Iyengar at ALPINE ORTHOPAEDIC MEDICAL GROUP, INC.

Dr. Vincent Leung, MD