Dr. Jahangir Asghar, MD

Orthopedic Surgery ·  Male · Age 44

Dr. Asghar

Cantor Spine Institute

3000 Bayview Dr Ft Lauderdale, FL 33306

Dr. Jahangir Asghar, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Ft Lauderdale, FL and has been practicing for 12 years. He graduated from St. George's University School Of Medicine in 2001 and specializes in orthopedic surgery, orthopedic spine surgery, and more.

Dr. Asghar's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Asghar

Dr. Asghar?
Dr. Asghar's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Jahangir Asghar, MD
Both Dr. Asghar and his PA Priscilla are second to none. I took my 80 year old mother to see Dr. Asghar because she was having severe lower back and leg pain. She was also suffering from Cauda Equina syndrome which causes incontinence. First off, we were told by other surgeons she was inoperable due to age and severity of the damage to her spine. Dr. Asghar never hesitated and understood the necessity of a surgery in order to gain continence, alleviate the pain, and to gain back quality of life regardless of her age. He had to repair 7 vertebrae, while also keeping her stable throughout the lengthy procedure, as she is also a serious heart patient. That said, she has regained continence and her pain levels are getting better every day. He was also able to straighten her posture, which most certainly will aid in a more comfortable lifestyle. Finally, the facility and staff at the Spine Institute were awesome. Our whole experience was excellent.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jahangir Asghar, MD?
I truly am a blessed man. I've been living in pain for 4+ years. After much research I found a physician that was able to return me to living a life free of pain and sleeping in my bed again! I had been sleeping in a chaise lounge for over a year. Upon meeting Dr Asghar for the first time, he presented a detailed interface of what was going on with me. I was totally blown away by the kind, compassionate and charismatic man. He was upbeat and easy to talk to. He listened to what I was saying and I did not feel rushed. X-rays were done and then came the news. Dr Asghar made certain I understood exactly what was going on. He quizzed me to be certain. He had a year plan for me that would result in a surgical experience. Priscilla Gamiotea PA-C would assist him with everything including the surgery. She was my direct conduit if I needed anything. Her response to emails were within minutes. How much better than that does it get? I was introduced to the entire office staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jahangir Asghar, MD?
Dr. John Asghar performed my back surgery on January 22, 2019. Among other issues, I had degenerative scoliosis of my lumbar region, and little to no space between my last 5 lumbar vertebrae, which caused two nerves going to my left leg to be crushed. It had gotten to the point where I had constant pain, and my activities were severely limited. Thanks to Dr. Asghar, I now have my life back. I am so grateful to him, his superb P.A., Priscila, and the whole staff at Cantor Spine Institute.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jahangir Asghar, MD?
FROM LIVING IN CONTINUOUS PAIN, WITH NO VIABLE OPTIONS TO A PAINLESS LIFE GETTING STRONGER EVERY DAY. Other surgeons said my Scoliosis surgery would take 2 days, 6 hours a day . Dr. Asghar said it was 6 hours for scoliosis surgery and the release of the nerve. Six hours after I was taken to the operating room I was on my way to recovery. I am 6 weeks out and doing amazing. Some discomfort but no pain.I have some continued discomfort from the need to retrain my muscles My future is bright
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jahangir Asghar, MD?
I am beyond thankful to Dr. Asghar who performed a revision spinal fusion on my lumbar spine. If not done and done right the condition would have led to loss of leg function. I now can walk normally without any pain in my leg. Not only did Dr. Asghar take extraordinary time studying my particular situation and coming up with a solid plan, he took great time explaining it in detail without a shred of ego or attitude. His assistant Priscila is incredible as well - very thorough and caring.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jahangir Asghar, MD?
Dr. Asghar is truly a talented, dedicated surgeon who cares about his patients. For 8+ years I had been dealing with severe back, leg and foot pain. I had begun to lose hope after trying every medical path for relief, and Florida Blue denying my surgery. The surgery went very well and I can say in all honesty that I am pain free. I have my life back. I will be forever grateful to Dr. Asghar, Priscilla, Kathryn, and the entire staff. If you have a back problem I highly recommend!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jahangir Asghar, MD?
We highly recommend Dr. John Asghar and his team. His surgical skills in our opinion are excellent and you were in good hands with the people he surrounds himself with. Dr. John Asghar was the best surgeon for us. Our main reason is that he has excellent outcomes and a very high volume of cases. Our results for our 11 year old daughter were excellent T4 - T12 fusion and rods.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jahangir Asghar, MD?
Six weeks ago, I thought I would never be able to stand, be pain free and be in control of my life again. KUDOS to Dr. John Asghar, Orthopedic Spine Surgeon….I had a very complicated surgery, and could not have found a better doctor. Where on this planet does your surgeon and his assistant give you their cell phone numbers if you were to experience something that did not feel right or just need to have your hand held? Dr. Asghar is the most amazing man!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jahangir Asghar, MD?
I had surgery with dr. Asghar due to scoliosis. I had a curve of 50 degrees and suffered of back pain. After surgery I have had no pain since then. I highly recommend Dr.Asghar and his staff. Not only because of the successful surgery but because of the way they make you feel. They are always checking and looking after you, to be sure you have no pain. My experience with Dr.Asghar and his staff was wonderful and successful. January 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jahangir Asghar, MD?
I had surgery with dr Ashgar due to a complication that I had with the scoliosis sugery that had back in Cuba. This awesome dr correct everything that the other did. My quality of life improve a lot, my pain went away and the my body changed for better because due to the scoliosis my hips weren’t even and were rotated. Also one of the most things that I like about this dr is that he is also an amazing person, great heart and very comprehensive. Great professional and human.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jahangir Asghar, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Asghar?

Dr. Asghar takes the time to connect with, listen to, and really hear a patient or caregiver's needs and concerns. From there, Dr. Asghar and the CSI team thoroughly review, assess, and identify the best treatment plan for a given individual. Every case is different, but all patients are the same in deserving a thoughtful, personalized plan for treatment and recovery.

• Neurological Spine Reconstructive Surgery

2002
2001
1997

Dr. Asghar accepts

Dr. Asghar accepts the following insurance:

Medicare

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Asghar's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Scoliosis With Unilateral Unsegmented Bar
Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
high
high

Dr. Asghar performs Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities more than 82% of his peers

Dr. Asghar performs this procedure more than 82% of his peers