Dr. Jacqueline Muller, MD

Dr. Jacqueline Muller, MD

Ophthalmology  |

Dr. Jacqueline Muller, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in New York, NY. She is 54 years old and has been practicing for 28 years. Read her story

The Dry Eye Treatment Center

764 Park Ave

New York, NY 10021

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Muller

See how frequently Dr. Muller performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Eyelid Surgery
Blepharitis
Ocular Surface Reconstruction

Dr. Muller's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Muller's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Muller "Jacqueline W. Muller, MD is a board certified ophthalmologist specializing in refractive surgery for over 24 years."

This content was provided by Dr. Muller Jacqueline W. Muller, MD is a board certified ophthalmologist specializing in refractive surgery for over 24 years. She is a Cornell, Harvard and Yale educated and trained physician who pursued special fellowship training in refractive surgery where she participated in the excimer laser FDA trials. She was one of the members of the team of surgeons who developed the software presently used for this technology. She is a well respected lecturer on refractive surgery techniques and teaches other ophthalmologists how to perform these procedures. She has been featured on NBC's The Today Show because of her expertise. Refractive Surgery Specialist Dr. Muller operates in a state-of-the-art facility equipped with several different lasers, various keratomes and femtosecond lasers. Postgraduate Training Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital: Fellowship - Cornea, Refractive and Anterior Segment Surgery Harvard University - Lancaster Program in Ophthalmology The New York Hospital-Cornell University Medical Center: Ophthalmology Residency, Department of Ophthalmology Yale School of Medicine- Yale University Health System-The Greenwich Hospital Association- Medical Internship, Department of Internal Medicine Postgraduate Education Cornell University Medical College: Honors - Medicine and Surgery Undergraduate Education Cornell University: Ithaca, NY Undergraduate Major - Nutritional Biochemistry Honors: Omicon Nu Honor Society, Nutritional Science Honor Society, Senior Honors Thesis Licenses Currently licensed to practice Medicine and Surgery in the State of New York Diplomate of the American Board of Ophthalmology Teaching Positions Held Cornell University Medical College Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital Attending Surgeon At: The New York Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Medical Center Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital Lenox Hill Hospital

• Ophthalmology

• Eyelid Surgery
  • Foreign Body Removal from Eye
  • Ocular Surface Reconstruction
  • Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye

No malpractice history found for New York.

• J & S Weill M C Cornell Univ
    Medical School | Graduated 1989
  • Greenwich Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1990
  • NY Hosp Cornell Med Ctr
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1993
  • Manhattan Eye Ear and Throat Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1994

Dr. Muller has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Muller does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Muller and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Muller's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Muller to family and friends
3.6
Dr. Muller's Performance
Dr. Muller has been treating my dry eyes much better than any other doctor. She also got me into see a specialist at NY Presbyterian when I had vision problems related to a carotid artery dissection. Forever grateful for that life changing help.
I have had chronic dry eye (and as I came to discover also MGD and allergies) and Dr. Muller saved my quality of life by finally being the person to appropriately diagnose me. Swelling went down after the very first visit, and we are continuing to treat all of my causes and symptoms. Obviously you can't marry your eye doctor, but if I could I would!
DrMuller hasmycompleteconfidence
I had been to three doctors before Dr. Muller and NO ONE mentioned the treatment options Dr. Muller provided for me. She was tenacious in her efforts to find out the cause and best treatment options for me and has continued to do so since I have been her patient. Thank you!
very positive
Great experience, she's very compassionate about what she does
Dr. Muller and her team are professional, knowledgeable and caring. As a patient you feel you are in the best of hands, with thorough exams every time you are at her office. Dr. Muller's years of experience and expertise allow her to try a variety of methods to get her patients where they need to be, with healthy and comfortable eyes.
Her explanations are geared to my understanding.
Love the place especially Dr Muller and all the staff, very friendly and welcoming. They took my concerns seriously and worked to address them. My only suggestion would be to get the scheduling better, on average I wait 45 min but have been as long as over an hour. Also the treatments are pricey but I know it comes with territory. Overall this is an excellent office that I would highly recommend.
I had been battling dry eyes for 1.5 years. It had gotten so bad that i had to take time off school. I had been to many doctors during this time and none really helped my case. When i came to Dr Muller she put me on several treatments to figure out which one would work best for me. Finally after 6 months i feel a lot better and have to say i am nearly symptom free. Thank you Dr Muller!
She stuck with me through some very bad dry eye moments and months
i feel that dr. muller saved my vision and helped my whole quality of life.
Dr. Muller is the best. She takes such good care of her patients! I will send everyone I know to her,...already sent my husband. Love my new "eyesight"! It's perfect now. Thank you ever so much Dr. Muller!
exceptional!!!!!!! could not be happier with the results!!
New York, NY |
FABULOUS EXPERIENCE! The most positive experience I have ever had in a doctor's office. Now I understand why Dr. Muller is thought so highly of and why people travel from all over the world to see her.
New York, NY |
Dr. Muller is a rare find, she is an unbelievable doctor. My eyes were really bothering me, especially by the end of a work day. The first time Dr. Muller examined my eyes she explained everything to me and started me on treatment saying that she wouldn't perform surgery on my eyes until they were healthier. Once my eyes were healthy, Dr. Muller performed a laser vision correction procedure on me and now I can see 20/15 (one line BETTER than 20/20) . Dr. Muller is fabulous!
New York, NY |
Although I had read some negative reviews about Dr. Muller, Dr. Muller was the sixth doctor I had seen for the same problem. The vast majority of the reviews about Dr. Muller state how wonderful she is. The negative reviews are typically about cost. Although I had to pay a lot to see Dr. Muller (because my entire exam went to my large deductible, which has nothing to do with her) it was well worth it because she made my eyes better. I effectively wasted my time and money on the other five doctor
middletown, ny |
From the moment I walked into Dr. Muller's office I was impressed with the level of service and professionalism on the part of every person I encountered. I have never had a more thorough examination, while having everything explained to me so clearly. I have issues with my eyes and Dr. Muller put me at ease immediately. When I expressed concern that I might have a problem over a weekend, without hesitation Dr. Muller gave me her cell phone number. Unbelievable! I have never experienced this le
Armonk, NY |
Great experience! Dr. Muller was very professional and was able to help me with my dry eyes. I had gone to serveral doctors and she was the first doctor to correctly diagnose and treat me. Highly recommend!!
New York, NY |
I've been seeing Dr. Muller for years. Initially I saw her because both my internist and my ENT are patients of hers. I figured if she is the ophthalmologist that my doctors see (for themselves) then that's good enough for me. It was a good call. Now I know first hand why she is the eye doctor that other doctors choose for themselves and their families.
New Rochelle, NY |
Such a wonderful experience from start to finish. Fabulous doctor and staff.
New Canaan, CT |
I wish all my doctors were like Dr. Muller. She's a great communicator, educator and just plain nice.
New Canaan, CT |
Dr. Muller is the quintessential doctor. Professional and thorough, listens and explains. Highly recommend!
in Brooklyn, NY |
Is she expensive? Yes. Does it feel at first like you are inundated with tests and treatments that you don't understand? Does she talk and work fast? Yes. But once you get past that, you will find that Dr. Muller is not only a caring and compassionate doctor, but most importantly an effective one. I came to her three weeks ago in a state of near collapse from the extreme pain and discomfort of severe dry eye. I am still not fully there, but I am living again. So far so good. I will update later.
New York, NY |
Superficial ,money hungry. Stay away!
in Rye, NY |
Dr. Muller did my laser eye surgery 15 years ago (the best thing ever!) and has been taking care of my eyes ever since. She is the definition of a "type A" personality, exactly what I want in a Dr. She is very exacting, and her skills, knowledge, office staff etc. are all top quality. This review though, is about something I would never have expected to write about my eye Dr. I have had sinus problems my whole adult life. An operation 20 years or so ago helped, but I still had a lot of "ba
New York, NY |
This was a terrible experience, and I would never go again. First, Dr. Muller was about 45 minutes late -- even though I had an 8:15am appointment. This was pretty terrible, because I have a job that expects me to show up on time. But that's fine -- I imagined it was because she was thorough. In fact, Dr. Muller spent about ten minutes on my eyes themselves. Right after, she immediately got to the true point of the exam. First, she asked what "Xyzal" was -- Xyzal is actually a very common alle
Tarrytown, NY |
Dr. Muller was a delight! The office was very nice, well-maintained, and clean. The equipment was all the latest and greatest technology. Dr. Muller's assistants were knowledgeable and friendly. And Dr. Muller herself was incredibly knowledgeable and informative, and was genuinely concerned about my overall health and not just my eyes. She is honest, straightforward, and has great energy. She went to great lengths to educate me about my condition. I would highly recommend her!
in New York, NY |
Dr. Muller is a genius!!! I have a SEVERE case of chronic dry eye and was desperate for help when I first went to see her. From the first visit, and every one since I have received a comprehensive eye exam and individualized/specialized treatment by Dr. Muller and her assistants. In just a few months Dr. Muller has cured me of the most terrible eye problems! In Dr. Muller, you will find an extraordinarily bright, knowledgeable, caring, competent team player. You will love her, as I do!!!
New York, NY |
Yes, she is smart but I am so angry at myself for going to her! She makes you feel vulnerable and basically gives you no other option than to do unnecessary treatments and then you get billed thousands just for putting your chin in the examination machine! She is unethical and I feel cheated. She also prescribes dangerous steroids for an unnecessary amount of time without warning and requires many follow up visits. I feel liberated going to a doctor now that I can trust and has my best interest.
in Wharton, nj |
I have been going to Dr. Muller for dry eyes for a little over 1 1/2 years. I was in extreme pain when I first went there and after following the Muller wish list for all this time there is no comparison. My eyes feel fine, I have more tears, and I continue to follow her practices because they have proven to be successful. I drive a little over 1 1/2 hours, from New Jersey, to get to her office in Westchester and it is well worth the ride.
Rye Brook, New York |
My initial instinct was to leave when I entered Dr. Muller's waiting room and was asked for my credit card and to sign a blank credit card receipt but I stayed. WORST decision ever. After being examined for issues in addition to my dry eye issue (none of which I requested or needed) I am in the process of appealing bills in excess of $900. Stay away.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Muller was fine, but be very wary about the way they handle insurance coverage in this practice! I scheduled a diagnostic procedure at the recommendation of Dr. Muller, and her staff made me sign a form accepting financial responsibility if my insurance did not cover it. Their billing office is of no help either; they are completely unwilling to negotiate. Don't come here if you don't want prolonged, frustrating, unreasonable billing and insurance problems!
Bronx, NY |
I had a good experience at my office visit. Unfortunately, shortly after the visit, I was hit with a large bill for services that I was not expecting. At no time when I made the appointment or when I checked into the office for my visit, did they tell me I could receive these ridiculous, extra charges. Shame on the office staff and doctor for not being forthright with their patients and then sending a $300 bill on a Sunday night via email. Bad business practice, others should be warned!
in New york |
She is a con artist and a thief. I do not recommend her at all!
in New York, NY |
Best doctor in town. Efficient, competent, and values your time as much as her own. I wish everything wrong with me had to do with my eyes. If it did, she'd be my only doctor ever! Already recommended her to friends and family.
Have you seen Dr. Jacqueline Muller, MD?

Visit Dr. Muller