Dr. Jacob Mong, DO

Dr. Jacob Mong, DO

Ophthalmology  ·
Dr. Jacob Mong, DO is an ophthalmology specialist in Boise, ID and has been practicing for 3 years. He graduated from Michigan State University / College Of Osteopathic Medicine in 2011 and specializes in ophthalmology.Read his story

5680 W Gage St

Boise, ID 83706

• Altius Health Plans
  • Blue Cross of Idaho
  • EyeMed Vision Care

Learn about Dr. Mong

See how frequently Dr. Mong performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Astigmatism
Nearsightedness
high
Retinal Hemorrhage
high

Dr. Mong's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Mong's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Mong "For most, vision is the most precious sense; your eyes can't be entrusted to just anyone. You should know that I am a person just like you. I was born in Idaho and grew up on a farm in the Treasure Valley. I attended a local university before serving with the Idaho National Guard in Irag. I attended medical school in Michigan then completed a residency in ophthalmology in the suburbs of Detroit. My experience includes repairing the most complex ocular and facial trauma as well as treating rare ophthalmic manifestations of diseases not seen in most parts of the developed world. Although there is no other place I would rather be than here. I have taken the opportunity to hone my surgical and diagnostic skills on different surgeries around the world in North America, South America and Asia.

This content was provided by Dr. Mong ""Your body is more than your eyes and you are more than just a body.  While my specialized training is in the ocular adnexa, as an osteopathic surgeon I will always treat you as a whole person.  Every dimension of "you" plays a role in the way your body reacts to treatment.  I will take the time to help you define and articulate your symptoms and goals in order to develop a treatment plan with which you are comfortable.

I'm here to help you achieve the best vision possible, keeping in mind your goals and needs.  I treat every patient like a family friend;  I will never recommend a procedure or treatment that I do not believe will benefit you.  Communication is the key when it comes to your health and I will that the time each visit to ensure all of your questions are answered.  I look forward to the opportunity to meet you and will strive to exceed your expectations."

• Ophthalmology

• Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye
  • Repair of Entropion or Ectropion
  • Repair of Eye Laceration
  • Sutureless Cataract Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Idaho.

• Northwest Nazarene University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2004
  • Michigan State University / College Of Osteopathic Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2011
  • Oakwood Hospital and Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2015

Dr. Mong has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Mong does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mong and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Mong's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mong to family and friends

Dr. Mong's Performance

Dr. Mong Says:
"

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. We have the very best patients, and providing excellent care in a calm and peaceful environment is our highest priority. Your feedback allows us to continually monitor and ensure we are meeting these expectations. Please know your comments are reviewed and appreciated. -Dr Mong

"

I was pleased with his communication skills and was extremely efficient. His staff from start to finish was outstanding. He operates his facility in a way that makes this Republican smile. More like him and we can fix how bloated, slow, medical system.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr Mong is very thorough, knowledgeable and listens to his patient's concerns. I highly recommend him to anyone looking for an ophthalmologist. You will leave well versed in your condition and your care options.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Very patient and thorough. We like him, a lot. We felt absolute confidence in him and will definitely recommend him. My husband and I both saw him.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Mong is a treasure, I'm so happy I found him. I had cataract surgery several years ago in another state and was noticing I was not seeing things as clearly as before. Dr. Mong performed a laser procedure on each eyes, and what a difference! He and his staff at his Meridian office and his...more
Are you Dr. Mong?