Dr. Jacob Mong, DO

Ophthalmology | Male

Dr. Jacob Mong, DO
"For most, vision is the most precious sense; your eyes can't be entrusted to just anyone. You should know that I am a person just like you. I was born in Idaho and grew up on a farm in the Treasure Valley. I attended a local university before serving with the Idaho National Guard in Irag. I attended medical school in Michigan then completed a residency in ophthalmology in the suburbs of Detroit. My experience includes repairing the most complex ocular and facial trauma as well as treating rare ophthalmic manifestations of diseases not seen in most parts of the developed world. Although there is no other place I would rather be than here. I have taken the opportunity to hone my surgical and diagnostic skills on different surgeries around the world in North America, South America and Asia.

Dr. Mong's Care Philosophy

"Your body is more than your eyes and you are more than just a body. While my specialized training is in the ocular adnexa, as an osteopathic surgeon I will always treat you as a whole person. Every dimension of "you" plays a role in the way your body reacts to treatment. I will take the time to help you define and articulate your symptoms and goals in order to develop a treatment plan with which you are comfortable. I'm here to help you achieve the best vision possible, keeping in mind your goals and needs. I treat every patient like a family friend; I will never recommend a procedure or treatment that I do not believe will benefit you. Communication is the key when it comes to your health and I will that the time each visit to ensure all of your questions are answered. I look forward to the opportunity to meet you and will strive to exceed your expectations.

Dr. Mong's Experience

See how Dr. Mong's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Mong

Dr. Mong accepts 23 insurance carriers

Dr. Mong is now accepting new patients
Vision Quest Medical Center5680 W Gage St
Boise, ID 83706
(208) 377-3937Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Mong has admitting privileges.

Dr. Mong's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mong to family and friends
Dr. Mong Says:

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. We have the very best patients, and providing excellent care in a calm and peaceful environment is our highest priority. Your feedback allows us to continually monitor and ensure we are meeting these expectations. Please know your comments are reviewed and appreciated. -Dr Mong

Dr. Mong's Performance
in Donnelly ID |
Dr Mong is very thorough, knowledgeable and listens to his patient's concerns. I highly recommend him to anyone looking for an ophthalmologist. You will leave well versed in your condition and your care options.
Boise, ID |
Very patient and thorough. We like him, a lot. We felt absolute confidence in him and will definitely recommend him. My husband and I both saw him.
in Middleton, Idaho |
Dr. Mong is a treasure, I'm so happy I found him. I had cataract surgery several years ago in another state and was noticing I was not seeing things as clearly as before. Dr. Mong performed a laser procedure on each eyes, and what a difference! He and his staff at his Meridian office and his place of surgery are fantastic. They are welcoming, helpful, and most important don't rush to get you out the door.
Have you seen Dr. Jacob Mong, DO?
Are you Dr. Mong?

Compare Dr. Mong

Dr. Mong says...

"For most, vision is the most precious sense; your eyes can't be entrusted to just anyone.  You should know that I am a person just like you.  I was born in Idaho and grew up on a farm in the Treasure Valley.  I attended a local university before serving with the Idaho National Guard in Irag.  I attended medical school in Michigan then completed a residency in ophthalmology in the suburbs of Detroit.  My experience includes repairing the most complex ocular and facial trauma as well as treating rare ophthalmic manifestations of diseases not seen in most parts of the developed world.  Although there is no other place I would rather be than here.  I have taken the opportunity to hone my surgical and diagnostic skills on different surgeries around the world in North America, South America and Asia.

Dr. Mong's Care Philosophy

"Your body is more than your eyes and you are more than just a body.  While my specialized training is in the ocular adnexa, as an osteopathic surgeon I will always treat you as a whole person.  Every dimension of "you" plays a role in the way your body reacts to treatment.  I will take the time to help you define and articulate your symptoms and goals in order to develop a treatment plan with which you are comfortable.

I'm here to help you achieve the best vision possible, keeping in mind your goals and needs.  I treat every patient like a family friend;  I will never recommend a procedure or treatment that I do not believe will benefit you.  Communication is the key when it comes to your health and I will that the time each visit to ensure all of your questions are answered.  I look forward to the opportunity to meet you and will strive to exceed your expectations.

Advanced Cataracts

Foreign Body Removal

Macular Degeneration

Botox Injections

Dr. Mong says...

We specialize in custom cataract surgery. I use state of the art equipment and methods that allow the successful removal of even the most complex cataracts. I am the only surgeon in the treasure valley who uses a laser instead of traditional blades to remove cataracts and we I offer the most advanced lens implants to correct the vision post operatively.  For those patients who also suffer from glaucoma, we also offer micro invasive glaucoma procedures at the same time as their cataract surgery, often allowing patient to stop using drops entirely.

Dr. Mong says...

Dr. Mong's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology
  •  Malpractice claims in Idaho not available

Dr. Mong has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Idaho.

Why It Matters: Dr. Mong's Board Certifications

• Ophthalmology

• Astigmatism
  • Blepharitis
  • Cataract
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dry Age-Related Macular Degeneration

Oakwood Hospital and Medical Center

Completed in 2015

Northwest Nazarene University

Graduated in 2004

Dr. Mong does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mong and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology