Dr. Jacob Manuel, MD

Dr. Jacob Manuel, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Male

Dr. Jacob Manuel, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Austin, TX. Dr. Manuel is affiliated with St. David's North Austin Medical Center, St. David's Medical Center and Seton Medical Center Austin.

The Center for Hip & Knee Replacement

3000 N Interstate 35 Frontage Rd

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Manuel

Video

Dr. Manuel's Experience

Dr. Manuel's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Non-Surgical Orthopedics

Dr. Manuel does not have any board certifications listed.

• Achilles Tendinitis
  • Broken Arm
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Gout
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus

Internship Hospital | Completed
  • University Of Illinois
  • Hospital For Special Surgery
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Manuel has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Manuel has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Manuel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Manuel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

St. David's Medical Center

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
America's 100 Best Hospitals Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Manuel is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Manuel's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Manuel to family and friends
Dr. Manuel's Performance
in Austin |
Dr, Manuel replaced my knee in June. He was very good about explaining the process and on my 6 week follow up helped me understand why I was still feeling discomfort and reassured me that everything would be much better at 3 months. The whole staff and his PA were organized and very helpful and attentive to my requests. I had FMLA forms to fill out for my employer and they took care of everything.
in Austin, TX |
Top quality physician/surgeon, exceptionally well trained with a very pleasing bedside manner...and excellent results to boot.
in Austin, TX |
Dr. Manuel is awesome! He performed a hip replacement on my left hip to correct two botched replacements by a previous doctor. This was my 6th surgery on that hip. He stated I was a very complicated case, so he made sure to spend a lot of time with me to make sure we had the best plan of action. I have never felt so comfortable trusting a doctor before. This is the first time in my entire life that I have been out of pain. He truly works wonders. He is very professional, understanding, and kind
Austin, TX |
Could not have found a better surgeon for my hip revision. Very short recovery time.
in Austin, TX |
One of the most professional experienced medical professionals in the Austin area. Dr, Manuel and his team have taken great care of me as I battle degenerative arthritis in my left knee. I have no difficulty getting appointments, spend very little time in their waiting room once I arrive, am greeted by all the staff and have my procedure and on my way in short order. Dr, Manuel and his team have provide the most pleasurable medical experience possible. I highly recommend them!
in Kyle, TX |
I highly recommend Dr Jacob Manuel and his incredible staff They have treated me with absolute respect and caring for me in time of need with my partial knee replacement surgery I have never received the care and respect until I first came to this practice Austin Hip and Knee Specialist They spend the amount of time to listen and go over everything The staff is very caring and I feel the love when I walk in their door I can't thank them enough for everything :)
in Austin, TX |
As a 53 year old man the last thing I wanted to hear from multiple doctors it that I needed a hip replacement. But after doing my research I found "THE BEST" I not only got a replacement, I got two total hips within a month. I cannot believe the treatment and respect I received. I was back to normal with a smile right away. I would,will, and have already, with no questions recommended Dr. Manuel for this procedure to anyone. As I said he's "THE BEST". Lloyd Rodenbeck
in Austin, TX |
Dr.. Manuel is a highly skilled surgeon who was named "Outstanding operating fellow" by the staff at NY Hospital for Special Surgery, He is easy to talk to and a good listener. If one does pre-operation and post-operation exercises as prescribed., recovery should be 100%. Dr. Jake has a first rate assistant and competent staff in the recovery rooms. I highly recommend Dr Jake.
Austin, TX |
Undoubtedly a highly skilled Oropedic Surgeon. Eased my anxiety about the surgerical procedure and I quickly gained trust and confidence in him. My problem is very complicated but I feel I have selected the best professional to perform my surgery.
in Austin, TX |
I'm very pleased with Dr. Manuel's evaluation of my knee. His staff have been very pleasant with which to work and I appreciate their efficiency. When the time comes for surgery, I am very confident I will be getting not just good, but an exceptional result.
Excellent surgeon. Accessible.
in Groesbeck,Tx |
Dr. Manuel takes the time to listen to his patients. He and the staff are great! You get the best care! They are there for you. I would recommend them to anyone.
in Pflugerville, TX |
Dr.Manuel's professionalism and confidence put me at ease as a 41 year old headed for total knee replacement Dr. Manuel treats his patients with dignity and respect! The PA he works with (Allison) is informative and patient I had 3 other consultations...all of which gave me no plan to move forward, they felt the curvature was a hinderance to a successful surgery.But Dr. Manuel had no hesitation and agreed that I do in fact qualify for this procedure.
in Spicewood, TX |
I was looking for a less stressful surgery technique than general anesthesia and found it here with Dr. Manuel! He uses spinal anesthesia for hip and knee replacement which I much prefer. I am so impressed with his knowledge, professionalism and warm and friendly manner. I have found my orthopedist!! Couldn't be more pleased!!
in LEANDER ,TEXAS |
DR, MANUEL IS A GREAT DOCTOR , HE TOOK VERY GOOD CARE OF MY SURGERY AND STAYED ON TOP OF ALL OF MY APPTS, WITH HIM. AND MADE SURE I WAS WELL TAKEN CARE OF AS I RECOVERED.. I WOULD RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE AS ONE OF THE BEST DOCTOR IN AUSTIN...
La Grange, TX |
Great office environment. Everyone was friendly and courteous. Dr. Manuel did a great job explaining my options for my knee pain. We are now scheduled for a knee replacement and I feel I will be in very capable hands.
in Austin, TX |
Great communicator. Gave me the option to wait for knee replacement. but when finally ready, he immediately scheduled surgery. He had given me all options and explained them perfectly. Great office.. PA Allison was tremendously helpful and caring.. Wonderful people surrounding him. Hospital staff was also amazing.
in San Antonio |
I had a a total right anterior approach hip replacement in March 2016 done by Dr. Manuel. My surgery/recovery went well I was back working full time within 3 weeks. I also have a job that has me moving all day. Dr. Manuel and his staff are great! Always on time, explain everything well and gave me plenty of time to ask questions. Best of all I have full mobility back to my hip and have resumed Yoga/other exercises I love. I live in San Antonio, but came to Austin to have him do my surgery
in Austin, TX |
I will absolutely recommend Dr Manuel to anyone searching for an orthopedic surgeon. He was respectful. He listened carefully to my symptoms and past treatment. He answered all of my questions, then asked if I had more. He showed me exactly what was wrong and outlined his plan (and my choices) with me. This is in direct opposition to the doctor that I had left because he dismissed my hip pain. I have not had my surgery yet, but I trust Dr Manuel to do a great job.
in Spicewood, TX |
I always seek referrals when I have not had personal experience with a company, a caregiver or any other possible situation. Two professional contacts each referred me to Dr. Manual. The front office persons were helpful & professional; the tech also was efficient & professional. Dr. Manual explained the diagnostic findings and apprised me of therapeutic options available to me.
in Austin |
Dr. Manuel anticipated all my questions and gave me a good understanding of my problem.
in Austin, tx |
I wish there were 10 stars because Dr Manuel deserves more! At 55, I didn't know anyone who has had hip replacement surgery so I checked social media and started making calls. I was amazed at some of the rude receptionists I encountered but not at Dr Manuel's. I scheduled a second opinion and within minutes he put me at ease about the surgery, his experience and the prosthetics he uses. Even more important to me, he made me feel like I was his only patient, and still does 4 months post op!
in Austin, TX |
Dr. Manuel did my son's hip resurfacing, etc. 2 years ago...excellent results. He is currently taking care of my arthritic knees until I am ready for replacement. He does not push surgery...I trust him. He is upfront giving me all the information I need to make decisions about treatment. Highly recommended!
Austin, TX |
I had my first office visit with Dr. Manuel to discuss the need for knee replacement. I have heard him speak before and was very impressed then and still am impressed by his knowledge and training.
Austin, TX |
I had a right hip replacement performed by Dr. Jacob Manuel at St. David's Center for Hip and Knee Replacement on January 12, 2017, and I have the highest regard and appreciation for what he and his staff and the hospital staff did for me. De. Manuel and staff offered me all the information I needed, saw me promptly for appointments, and were efficient and capable healthcare providers at each stage of the surgical process I recommend him without reservation.
in Austin, TX |
Genuinely the most caring Doctor I've had the pleasure of working. I was told by four other surgeons there was nothing I could do for eight years until I was 55. Dr Manuel accepted my case in January 2017 and now, May 2017 after double partial replacements, I can walk again. For two years I was in chronic pain and literally couldn't walk for more than a few feet. He and his team are all fantastic.
in Flatonia, TX |
Been going to Dr Jacob Manuel maybe two yrs getting shots in knee. They help but just putting off what needs to be done a knee replacement. Set up appointment for 6-7-17 to schedule surgery for knee replacement. Appointment was for 10:am got there probably little after 9:00 we live out of town and traffic was not as bad as we figured it would be. We were only there maybe 10 minutes after signing in and they called us back. From there everything just clicked.
in Austin, TX |
My left knee was replaced seven years ago by a different surgeon at a different hospital, While the left knee surgeon was great, the hospital and its staff were a disaster for me. In fact, I am left with permanent disability in my lower left leg. I have nothing but praise for Dr. Manual and all of the staff at St. David's for replacement of the right knee. Everyone was competent, caring, & responded to any request. I would highly recommend this group to everyone requiring knee surgery.
in Austin, TX |
I had a total knee revision after the partial knee replacement with another surgeon went very wrong. Dr. Manuel told me that it would be a more intense surgery than a simple knee revision due to the damage to the bone structure. The surgery although more invasive went much better than the first replacement and my pain diminished after a few weeks and I have gained much more range of motion than before without pain. I wont hesitate to recommend Dr. Manuel to my family & friends!
in Austin, Tx 78736 |
From my first phone call to Dr Manuel team they have been very polite concerned and professional. I highly recommend Dr Manuel.
Austin, TX |
My experience with Dr. Manuel and his team was outstanding. I was referred by another physician because I have extensive allergies, including metals. Dr. Manuel took all the time necessary to work with me on my multiple allergies to make sure that I received the correct knee prosthesis, medications, etc. I have already recommended Dr. Manuel to two of my friends who have metal allergies.
in Georgetown, TX |
I would highly recommend Dr. Manuel for anyone considering a hip replacement! I had my hip replaced this past February and I was amazed how easy the whole process went and what a quick recovery I had!!!! It has now been 3 months and I hardly even think about the fact that I had a hip replacement!
in Austin, TX |
I have been a patient of Dr Manuel's for 3 years. He is friendly and takes the time to,answer my questions.
in Austin, TX |
Direct, thorough explanations before and after surgery and I had xcellent results. Will definitely return to Dr. Manuel to have my other knee done when it is time. Meanwhile I feel like I got my life back. Less than 4 months post Operative and I was able to jog again, albeit slowly. The organization of care is excellent from beginning to end. They told me what to expect and the staff at St Davids followed the protocol exactly. Great protocol, great outcome.
in Sunrise Beach, TX |
Wow! I went in for revision knee surgery. The prior prosthesis didn't last a year. Dr. Manuel not only did a phenomenal job, but I'm healing several times faster than last time. The doctor, his staff, and hospital all made this a 5* experience
Buda, TX |
I highly recommend Dr. Manuel. He explains the procedure in laymen's terms using props and an x-ray of your joint. He explains where the prop will be incorporated into your body with a simple explanation of how he does this. You can ask him questions at any time. He is very friendly and easy to communicate with. I took a list of questions I wanted to ask him and he gladly answered to my satisfaction. His physician assistant sits in and schedules everything. The whole experience was great.
in Austin, TX |
Dr Manuel is the best Knee/Hip Surgeon in Austin. He is a Fellow. He has a great personality and spends time with his patients explaining everything. If you need a hip or a knee replacement you owe it to yourself to make an appointment with him.
in Austin, TX |
Dr. Manuel has replaced both of my knees in 2016. First one in Feb or 2016 and second one Dec. 20th. What an awesome man he is. VERY compassionate and really seems to care about me, my recovery and level of helping me recover with as little pain and discomfort. (and I'm a major wimp!) :-) I met him from a referral by my general doctor. I put it off for almost 2 years out of fear. I'd like to let folks know that it is NOT by any means as bad as we imagine. I highly recommend him. He's amazing!
in Round Rock, TX |
Doctor and staff was very personable and friendly. Very professional and knowledgeable. Looking forward to next visit, sounds weird, but going to the doctor, this doctor and his P.A. is a nice change of pace. Was able to get a surgery date 5 months earlier than expected!
in Temple, TX |
Dr. Manuel is FANTASTIC!!! He performed both my right and left knee replacements and a year later he performed my right hip replacement! He is super great surgeon and I never had any post-op problems. His bedside manner is very easy-going and attentive. I recommend him for all your knee/hip issues. I will continue to go to him in follow-up visits- no matter where he relocates!
in Austin, TX |
Everything and everyone has exceeded my expectations. Job well done!
in Buda, TX |
Dr. Manuel was very professional, and I felt that he was really very knowledgeable. I have already recommended him to some of my friends who have knee pain. I feel sure that if their insurance will cover the practice, they will be making appointments with him. I highly recommend this practice.
in Austin, TX |
After having Dr. Manuel for two very successful total hip replacements (L/2013 and R/2014), returning to see him for knee issues was an easy decision. Dr. Manuel is a consummate medical professional with impeccable credentials as a joint replacement specialist, plus an ability to communicate --doctor-to-patient --that sets him in a class of his own. Super combination of medical expertise, clear information-sharing and warm, effective personal interaction. Extraordinary!
Austin, TX |
Very polite and listen well
in Cedar Park, TX |
Dr Manuel did a thorough exam and explained my hip and knee issues in simple language and offered options. Patient friendly and takes time to speak with you about your situation.
in Austin, TX |
Dr. Manuel was very professional, kind, considerate, and personable. He and his staff took extra steps to insure that I understood the process and procedure and the after care. Dr. Manuel is an excellent and efficient surgeon. I highly recommend him for hip and knee replacement.
in Kyle, TX |
This experience was relatively painless. It greatly enhanced my confidence in the procedure I will be undergoing. Dr. Manuel is easy going, yet, very attentive and patient...answering all of my questions. I am very pleased to have been referred to him for my treatment.
in Kyle, TX |
Dr. Manuel is very kind and professional. I was more than satisfied with how my hip surgeries went. He made sure I understood everything about the process and I highly recommend him. I can't thank him and his team enough.
Have you seen Dr. Jacob Manuel, MD?
Are you Dr. Manuel?

Austin, TX 78758
Seton Medical Center Austin
1201 W 38th St
Austin, TX 78705

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Manuel at The Center for Hip & Knee Replacement

Orthopedic Surgery Specialist