Dr. J Paul Burkhart III, DO

Dr. J Paul Burkhart III, DO

Ear, Nose, and Throat | Male

Dr. J Paul Burkhart III, DO is an ear, nose, and throat doctor who practices in Westerville, OH. He is 51 years old and has been practicing for 25 years. Dr. Burkhart III is affiliated with Madison County Hospital, Nationwide Children's Hospital, Doctors Hospital, Mount Carmel St. Anns and Dublin Methodist Hospital.

Dr. Burkhart III's Experience

See how Dr. Burkhart III's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Burkhart III

Dr. Burkhart III accepts 17 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 5 hospitals where Dr. Burkhart III has admitting privileges.

Dr. Burkhart III's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Burkhart III to family and friends
2.8
Dr. Burkhart III's Performance
in Delaware, OH |
I felt my appointment was rushed & far less thorough than I had hoped. No real diagnosis was given & very limited peace of mind. I feel as if I wasted my high co-pay of $75 for a very vague answer. Now, I will be seeking a 2nd opinion & spending more money & time off work. Although the doctor was kind - I felt there was a lack of professionalism. I would have appriciated hearing 'I don't know' over different POSSIBILITIES of what could be going on. Clearly it was important to me.
in Columbus, OH |
I think this doc is great. He really understands the prob of chronic sinusitis. He's the first (in many years of doctors) to fully answer my questions and to show a little sympathy for a seemingly minor but constant problem. I like him!
I think my appointment lasted 3 minutes, that included him putting a scope down my nose. He moved so fast the medical student that was with him seemed dazed as I did when I left. He said so much so fast and then was gone. Our society would not accept this level of service in any other field not sure why it's acceptable in the medical field??? The office staff made up for his inability to connect on a human level.
in Columbus, OH |
We were totally disappointed with Dr. Burkhart. My 17 year old daughter has been experiencing problems hearing. Hearing tests showed severe hearing loss, but because another test that measures the function of the cochlea showed no structural problems, Dr. Burkhart was completely dismissive of the fact that she still couldn't hear. He suggested she must be faking. What a poor doctor!!!
in Powell, OH |
Dr. Burkhart has great professional skills. He is very knowledgeable and very friendly. Dr. Burkhart did sinus surgery on me and I had little to no pain, no swelling or bruising. I would highly recommend him!
in Columbus, OH |
Thoroughly disappointed in his manner, explanations, offer for help. I accompanied my 89-year-old mother who Dr. Burkhart diagnosed has tinnitus. He spent less than 5 minutes and told her there was nothing she could do except take antihistamines to relieve any sinus congestion that may be the cause. HE DID NOT EVEN LOOK IN HER EARS!!! We visited her primary phyisian 2 days later and he said her right ear was totally blocked by wax. DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR!!!
Waited in exam room for 20 mins, have been experiencing what I considered a serious breathing issue, Dr spent less than 3 mins with me. Doc seemed to be in a hurry, didn't explain the condition or the possibilities of what I might be experiencing. Spent less than 2 seconds examining me and left saying I would be contacted to be scheduled for additional testing...I never was. Stay away from this guy if you can.
in Columbus, OH |
Dr. Burkhart spent approximately 5 minutes to diagnose and give me prescriptions. He seemed to be in a hurry of something else. He forgot to give one prescription when he said he'd like me to use. I am not convinced with the treatment. I decide to see a different doctor.
in Columbus Ohio |
He's very nice and explains everything that is wrong and gives you your options. He made me feel so comfortable before my vocal cord surgery on Friday even though I was terrified. If I ever have to have anything thing done involving ENT he will definitely be the DR.
Have you seen Dr. J Paul Burkhart III, DO?
Are you Dr. Burkhart III?

Compare Dr. Burkhart III

Dr. Burkhart III's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ear, Nose, and Throat
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  •  Malpractice claims in Ohio not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

• Abscess
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Facial Fracture
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gum Cancer
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Laryngeal Cancer
  • Vocal Cord Paralysis
  • Vocal Cord Polyp

Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine

Graduated in 1992

Dr. Burkhart III does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Burkhart III and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ear, Nose, and Throat

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Laryngoscopy and Laryngotomy
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Perforated Eardrum Repair (Tympanoplasty)
  • Sinus Surgery