Dr. J Paul Burkhart III, DO

Dr. J Paul Burkhart III, DO

Ear, Nose, and Throat  |
Dr. J Paul Burkhart III, DO is an ear, nose, and throat doctor who practices in Westerville, OH. He is 52 years old and has been practicing for 25 years. Dr. Burkhart III is affiliated with Madison County Hospital, Nationwide Children's Hospital, Doctors Hospital, Mount Carmel St. Anns and Dublin Methodist Hospital.

477 Cooper Rd Ste 480

Westerville, OH 43081

Learn about Dr. Burkhart III

See how frequently Dr. Burkhart III performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Dizziness
Vertigo
Tonsillitis

Dr. Burkhart III's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Ear, Nose, and Throat

Dr. Burkhart III does not have any board certifications listed.

• Abscess
  • Ear Disorders
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gum Cancer
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Larynx Conditions
  • Vocal Cord Paralysis
  • Vocal Cord Polyp

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • Frenectomy
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Laryngoscopy and Laryngotomy
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Perforated Eardrum Repair (Tympanoplasty)
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Tonsillectomy
  • Uvulectomy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

• Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1992

Dr. Burkhart III has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Burkhart III has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Burkhart III does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Burkhart III and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Burkhart III's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Burkhart III to family and friends
3.2
Dr. Burkhart III's Performance
New York, NY |
He diagnosed and corrected my septum surgically and my recovery was swift thanks to his guidance. It greatly improved my respiratory and immune function.
in Westerville, OH |
As a vocalist, any work on my sinuses or throat is scary. I've gone to several doctors/experts for 20 years, continuously treating allergies, sinus infections and acid reflux. The past two years my issues escalated, and my quality of work diminished. Dr. Burkhart is the first one who requested a CT scan. He diagnosed three major issues. He performed surgery, and not only can I breathe, but the quality of my signing has improved! He saved my career and changed my quality of life! Thank you
in Delaware, OH |
I felt my appointment was rushed & far less thorough than I had hoped. No real diagnosis was given & very limited peace of mind. I feel as if I wasted my high co-pay of $75 for a very vague answer. Now, I will be seeking a 2nd opinion & spending more money & time off work. Although the doctor was kind - I felt there was a lack of professionalism. I would have appriciated hearing 'I don't know' over different POSSIBILITIES of what could be going on. Clearly it was important to me.
in Columbus, OH |
I think this doc is great. He really understands the prob of chronic sinusitis. He's the first (in many years of doctors) to fully answer my questions and to show a little sympathy for a seemingly minor but constant problem. I like him!
I think my appointment lasted 3 minutes, that included him putting a scope down my nose. He moved so fast the medical student that was with him seemed dazed as I did when I left. He said so much so fast and then was gone. Our society would not accept this level of service in any other field not sure why it's acceptable in the medical field??? The office staff made up for his inability to connect on a human level.
in Columbus, OH |
We were totally disappointed with Dr. Burkhart. My 17 year old daughter has been experiencing problems hearing. Hearing tests showed severe hearing loss, but because another test that measures the function of the cochlea showed no structural problems, Dr. Burkhart was completely dismissive of the fact that she still couldn't hear. He suggested she must be faking. What a poor doctor!!!
in Powell, OH |
Dr. Burkhart has great professional skills. He is very knowledgeable and very friendly. Dr. Burkhart did sinus surgery on me and I had little to no pain, no swelling or bruising. I would highly recommend him!
in Columbus, OH |
Thoroughly disappointed in his manner, explanations, offer for help. I accompanied my 89-year-old mother who Dr. Burkhart diagnosed has tinnitus. He spent less than 5 minutes and told her there was nothing she could do except take antihistamines to relieve any sinus congestion that may be the cause. HE DID NOT EVEN LOOK IN HER EARS!!! We visited her primary phyisian 2 days later and he said her right ear was totally blocked by wax. DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR!!!
Waited in exam room for 20 mins, have been experiencing what I considered a serious breathing issue, Dr spent less than 3 mins with me. Doc seemed to be in a hurry, didn't explain the condition or the possibilities of what I might be experiencing. Spent less than 2 seconds examining me and left saying I would be contacted to be scheduled for additional testing...I never was. Stay away from this guy if you can.
in Columbus, OH |
Dr. Burkhart spent approximately 5 minutes to diagnose and give me prescriptions. He seemed to be in a hurry of something else. He forgot to give one prescription when he said he'd like me to use. I am not convinced with the treatment. I decide to see a different doctor.
in Columbus Ohio |
He's very nice and explains everything that is wrong and gives you your options. He made me feel so comfortable before my vocal cord surgery on Friday even though I was terrified. If I ever have to have anything thing done involving ENT he will definitely be the DR.
Have you seen Dr. J Paul Burkhart III, DO?
Are you Dr. Burkhart III?

Visit Dr. Burkhart III