Dr. Jack Walzel, MD

Dr. Jack Walzel, MD

General Surgery •  Male • Age 63

Dr. Jack Walzel, MD is a General Surgery Specialist in Austin, TX. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as St. David's Medical Center and St. David's North Austin Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Walzel to book an appointment.

Capital Surgeons Group

New Patient?
North Austin505 W Louis Henna Blvd Ste 220 Austin, TX 78728

More General Surgery Specialists at Capital Surgeons Group

Dr. Walzel's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Walzel

Dr. Walzel?
Dr. Jack L. Walzel MD: a Stellar Surgeon in the Austin, Texas Metroplex arena! I interacted with Dr. Walzel a number of times pre-surgery. Dr. Walzel provided meticulous attention to the logistics of my surgery and his care and attention post-surgery was just as magnificently meticulous! Dr. Walzel is very approachable and engaging with a very confident low-key, empathetic demeanor and attention-getting communications style! An unexpected bonus was his informative sketches, anecdotal remarks, and humorous one-liner’s! Dr. Walzel seems to possess extrasensory perception as he addresses apprehensions and concerns before one can express them! His clear explanations of what to expect, before, during and after the surgery were liberally interspersed with comforting confidence-inducing remarks which allowed me to look forward to my surgical and post-treatment itinerary with minuscule anxiety and fear! Prior to this surgery, I have had half a dozen general anesthesia surgical procedures,
KT – Feb 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Walzel, MD?
Pleas think twice before seeing Jack Walzel. He injured a loved one and provided no help. His bedside manner is of none. He was so cold and rude when my brother was asking for help. Excruciating pain! How can you not helped your patient? Please don’t let Walzel perform surgery on you. If there are any complications he may not be in the Right mood (that the other reviewers got)so you could be lost seeking help for months all while suffering and bed ridden. Yes, surgery has risks, but when a patient is injured (a nerve) after you did surgery, own it and be a doctor and help.
Jan 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Walzel, MD?
It is disheartening to read these reviews and to know my brother walked into this office and was treated so poorly. My brother went in for an ER follow up for gallbladder removal and immensely explained that to the scheduler. When he arrived Dr. Walzel had no idea why he was there or what brought him into the office. But that was only the small issue at hand. The doctor relayed to my brother he will not have much time to live if he keeps living an obese lifestyle. He told him there is no doctor that will do surgery to remove his gallbladder and he then patted him on his back and told him not to schedule an appointment with his office again and sent him off with lab orders for blood work. My brother is very gentle by nature and is in a vulnerable state yet the Doctor chose to be unnecessarily cruel. I am dumbfounded on the way the appointment was handled from beginning to end. This doctor failed us and lacked remorse in doing so.
Dec 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Walzel, MD?
Dr Walzel is an amazing doctor. He is compassionate and makes sure you understand what he is doing and why. He explains everything in detail. He performed my bilateral mastectomy in 2010, a hernia surgery and today he removed a cyst. If anyone needs surgery I always recommend him because he is the best.
Ysvasquez – Nov 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Walzel, MD?
He’s a great Doctor and I’m so happy to have found someone who cares about his patients.
SANDRA D HICKS – Jul 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Walzel, MD?
Dr Walzel was very personable which help put my mind at ease. Everyone at the facility was great and I never felt uncomfortable.
NICHOLAS J SCIMECA – May 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Walzel, MD?
Great experience. Informative and friendly. Highly recommended. Very minimal pain and discomfort.
Michael Lanahan – May 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Walzel, MD?
I am totally 100 percent satisfied with the care Dr. Wazel has provided.
JOE L TORRES – Apr 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Walzel, MD?
I was treated well by the staff, had a quick recovery and did not feel any pain or discomfort!! Thank you!
ELI J MARQUES – Apr 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Walzel, MD?
Excellent! Has a gift for explaining your options simply. Very respectful and compassionate.
K.A – Feb 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Walzel, MD?
My surgery was scheduled quickly. Everything went as explained to me. Dr. Walzel took the time to answer all my questions prior to surgery.
K.L – Jan 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Walzel, MD?
Dr. Walzel is 5-star all the way. He is very personable and has an unassuming nature about him. He put me at ease right from the beginning. He explained the procedure in terms which were easy to understand and I never felt rushed during my office appointments. He gave me ample time to ask questions. At my initial surgery consultation he even stopped in the exam room to apologize for being 5 minutes (yes...only 5 minutes) behind schedule and told me he would be just a few minutes more. And he ret
W.P – Dec 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Walzel, MD?
Dr. Walzel was the epitome of professionalism coupled with kindness , caring and concern. At this juncture in my life, I don’t take kindly to “going under the knife” but my Doctor allayed my fears with his kindly attitude. Other staff remarking on how wonderful my Dr was further allayed my fears. Seven days later I am still on the mend (I’m 76) but grateful and thankful to Dr. Walzel for taking such great care of me.
Y.C – Dec 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Walzel, MD?
Doctor Jack Walzel is simply AMAZING! He is the most caring, dedicated and interested doctor I have visited. This visit was completely unexpected and even when he had a rough day, he made the time to have me in and check upon me. His staff is also great, very courteous and nice all the time.
K.R – Nov 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Walzel, MD?
Fantastic surgeon! Really makes you feel at ease pre surgery and explains everything clearly. Highly recommend!!
B.R – Nov 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Walzel, MD?
No complaints, everything and everybody exceeded my expectations.
J.J – Oct 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Walzel, MD?
I have had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Walzel twice with intestinal problems/pain. During my second visit and to my relief, he decided after I explained all the pain, etc. I had incurred the week before that it was time to remove my gallbladder. I am scheduled for surgery Thursday, September 27th. I am at ease waiting for the surgery as Dr. Walzel was very thorough in explaining what will be done during the surgery. He has what is called "good bedside manners" as he listens to his patient. I do
D.W – Oct 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Walzel, MD?
He just made me feel comfortable from the first time we met. That he could help me
C.G – Oct 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Walzel, MD?
Everything was great except the treatment which I assume means the surgery which is scheduled for next week. I really appreciated Dr. Walzel taking time to draw the illustration and explain my situation in detail. I am concerned about the dietary restrictions in order to minimize bloating and other negative side effects. I have had these problems for the past six weeks and really would like your advice on this subject. Thank you for your assistance with my situation.
R.H – Oct 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Walzel, MD?
Dr Walzel thank you for taking care of me. Just like you took care of my mother in law and my wife
K.G – Oct 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Walzel, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Walzel?

Dr. Walzel accepts

Dr. Walzel accepts the following insurance:

Choice PPO
National (BlueCard) PPO
Assurant Health
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Blue Choice
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage
Preferred PPO

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Walzel's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Constipation
  • Crohn's Disease
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Excision of Rectal Tumor
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Puncture Aspiration
  • Secondary Malignancies
  • Ulcer

Our practice is dedicated to the care of our patients and we strive to be compassionate, honest and respectful of patient rights. General Surgery is constantly evolving and we strive to offer cutting edge surgical techniques while providing the highe...Read more

• General Surgery