Dr. Jack Jallo, MD

Neurosurgery •  Male • Age 55

Telehealth services available

Dr. Jack Jallo, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Philadelphia, PA. Dr. Jallo has more experience with Spine than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Thomas Jefferson University Hospital—Jefferson Health and Jefferson Methodist Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Jallo to book an appointment.

Jefferson Neurosurgery

Dr. Jallo's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Jallo

Dr. Jallo?
What People Say About Dr. Jack Jallo, MD
Dr Jallo did surgery on my spine for a tumor he is so kind and considerate . His bed side manners are the Best! I would strongly recommend Dr Jallo and his wonderful Staff. he is a doctor who cares what you have to say and helps you understand what the surgery was about and why you need to follow instructions after the operation. his staff always calls back and helps you get thru the difficulties of major back surgery.
Cathy Morris – Jul 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Jallo, MD?
Dr. Jallo took the time to review the MRI images while thoroughly explaining the state of my cervical spinal cord. Dr. Jallo's solution was cervical laminectomy with spinal fusion. I was very hesitant about having the spine fused. Dr Jallo used the MRI images, spinal models and one of his students to illustrate why spinal fusion should be part of the surgical solution. I m very grateful that he took the time to explain this to me. The surgery by it's nature is very painful. Dr. Jallo's skills, and those of his team, were able to mitigate the pain to a significant degree. I would be doing a great disservice if I did not heap boatloads of praise on the Nursing staff at the Neuroscience Center; especially the 7th floor nurses and students whose angelic work helped me through the first few days of my recovery. Thank you!
EJVentura – Feb 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Jallo, MD?
I've had surgery twice with Dr. Jallo and both times the results were excellent. My quality of living has increased tremendously! I can't thank him enough for all he as done in the past 5 years. He has always listened to my concerns, made sure I fully understood the procedure, the after care, and always made me feel that I was in the best care possible. I was. Though I hope to never need his services again should the need arise for me, I would call him immediately. I highly recommend Dr. Jallo!!
Kate Reber – Feb 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Jallo, MD?
Dr. Jallo met and exceeded my expectations. He and his staff were professional and compassionate and did everything possible to give me the reassurance I needed before during and after my lumbar fusion surgery. I can't recommend him and his staff more highly.
Jan 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Jallo, MD?
I went to Dr. J after several years of chronic pain (along with a few unrelated problems) he explained in great detail what my symptoms were, why i was getting them along with the Pro's\Cons of surgery. He's calm, cool and collected, knows his stuff! 6 months PO from Cervical Fusion and i feel like a new man! Thank you!
Mike – Jan 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Jallo, MD?
Dr. Jallo has a very calming demeanor. He is confident in his ability and makes you feel comfortable.
Pat O – Jan 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Jallo, MD?
Dr. Jallo And his team are the best ! I was dealing with my back pain for 15 years , and I can honestly say I felt better with in two too three weeks! I absolutely knew that I would recover feeling better ! Recovery is not easy , and you need help after , but I’m sure I will be in great shape after rehab!! All my best to Dr Jallo’s team Joe Grassi
Joe Grassi – Dec 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Jallo, MD?
Cant say enough about Dr. Jallo or his staff. He explains everything in detail and never leaves a question unanswered.
Sharon and Steve Hewitt – Dec 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Jallo, MD?
From day one my experience with Dr. Jallo and his team has been nothing short of excellent. Dr. Jallo was a pleasure to 'work' with and his skills as a surgeon exceeded my expectations. His first diagnosis was correct and he was very flexible in reconsidering his initial recommendation of a 4 level fusion. Allison was so professional as well as responsive to my every need or request. Follow appointments were always on time and feedback/education was very much appreciated. I would recommend people to Dr. Jallo even if they didn't have cervical issues. :) My thanks to the entire team and to Jeff.
Sean Bavol-Montgomery – Dec 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Jallo, MD?
I had spinal fusion surgery September and I can’t praise Dr Jallo enough for his excellent skills and calming effect he had on me. Dr Jallo help me be pain free and I can’t thank him and his staff enough. I highly recommend
Yvette Angelo – Nov 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Jallo, MD?
The staff and drs and nurse are the highest quality skilled and trained staff in their field. The patient is well taken care of and prepared for surgery and recovery. I am pain free, and my urinary incontinence has been healed as a result of my spinal surgery. I have recommend Dr. Jallo and Jefferson to my friends and family.
Oct 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Jallo, MD?
I saw Dr Jallo for an issue with my back that I needed surgery for. He educated me on my options and expected outcomes of surgery. He took his time and answered all of my questions. Surgery was a success and I am very pleased with the outcome.
Oct 11, 2019
Hi, we are very happy we could provide you with a...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Jallo, MD?
I limped into Jefferson Navy yard with severe sciatic nerve pain that had been plaguing me for years. I would have to wake up to move in bed and find a comfortable spot. My social life was next to none. I was basically a flamingo, standing on one leg because the pain was so bad. I had surgery with Dr. Jallo on 6/13/19. Best decision I ever made was to visit Dr. Jallo. He gave me my life back!! I walk my dogs for miles, I sleep sound throughout the night, I’m going out and enjoying time with friends but the best part is no more pain!!! I’ve never met a doctor that listened to the patient about them. Not just talking about what the procedure will be like, but asking them about what their plans are and what their goals are. Dr. Jallo gets to know you on a personal level which is rare these days.
Anthony Gorga – Oct 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Jallo, MD?
Dr Jallo was amazing. After seeing three different doctors who gave me three different diagnosis and sent me on my way with no long term fix but pain meds. Dr Jallo explained everything I had in detail and explained the procedure to where I could understand it. He and his staff were very polite and responsive. I would recommend him to anyone. In fact a few of my family members have all been to see him.
M.Alexander – Oct 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Jallo, MD?
I am two years after microdiscectomy with dr. Jallo and I have more pain since the surgery then before. Before the surgery I had pain in the back of my legs, since the surgery I have burning pain on the top of my feet and front legs up to the knee as well. I cant wear socks or anything tight on my feet since the surgery. I was told by doctor before the surgery that it can only get better after or stay the same. I regret having this surgery. I am young and slim person and I am considering another surgery with different doctor.
Lidia – Sep 29, 2019
Phenomenal, trained, disciplined minds
Hank Rodio in Hammonton, NJ – Jan 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Jallo, MD?
6 month follow up w the surgeon today. 3rd back surgery was the charm! My fusion fused together! Finally!! Anyone needing back surgery go see Dr. Jack Jallo at Jefferson Neuroscience in Philadelphia. He has saved my life! He’s amazing, personable and really cares about his patients quality of life. Thank you ?? Dr. Jallo.
Melissa V. in South Jersey, NJ – Sep 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Jallo, MD?
Very honest. Expectations are based on probability with no promises. Explains the surgical plan in as much detail as you can handle and answers all questions commensurate with you understanding of medical terms. Honestly explains the unpredictable outcomes verses the predictable outcomes. He came highly recommended from my prior neurosurgeon who no longer accepts Medicare. I would highly recommend Dr. Jallo . I never really needed an urgent appointment so I didn't answer that question.
Alan Lands in Linwood, NJ – Sep 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Jallo, MD?
I saw Dr Jallo for a consult because I was having pain from my buttocks to my foot for several months. I had a large herniated disc L-4 L-5. He recommended a micro dis- ectomy to repair the herniation. I had the surgery and the pain was gone within several hours. My recovery went well and just had my last visit 8 week post op with him and everything looks good, now have to do some physical therapy to strengthen my core. He is a very gentle, kind and answered all my question highly recommend
Brenda McDonald in Levittown, PA – Aug 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Jallo, MD?
I had L4-L5 microdisctectomy with dr Jallo and after three months I still have more pain in different places than before the surgery. I wish I havent done this op. I was just so convinced by the 90% of positive outcome, up to three weeks recovery, thats what I heard from dr Jallo and his doctors so I decided to do it. I wish I have heard the real side effects before the surgery.
joan – Jun 17, 2018
Joan, we truly appreciate your honest feedback....Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Jallo, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Jallo?

Dr. Jallo accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Jallo has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(215) 259-5822Find providers who accept this insurance

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Pennsylvania

Spine

Spine specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the bones of the spine, including degenerative spine disease, herniated discs, stenosis, and fractured vertebrae, with treatments including medication, physical therapy, and surgery.

Typically treats 70% more than their peers

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Hematoma
  • Extradural Hemorrhage
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors