Dr. Jack Jallo, MD

Dr. Jack Jallo, MD

Neurosurgery  ·

Dr. Jack Jallo, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Philadelphia, PA and has been practicing for 22 years. He specializes in neurosurgery, neurological spine reconstructive surgery, and more.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Pennsylvania

Check Dr. Jallo's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Jallo's Top Procedures and Conditions

Cervical Spine Myelopathy

Dr. Jallo treats Cervical Spine Myelopathy more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Jallo treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Myelopathy

Dr. Jallo treats Myelopathy more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Jallo treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Autoimmune Myelopathy

• Excessive Sweating
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hyperhidrosis and Minimally Invasive Sympathectomy
  • Kyphosis
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy
  • Laminoplasty
  • Laminotomy
  • Lordosis
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors

Dr. Jallo's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Jack Jallo, MD
Phenomenal, trained, disciplined minds
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Jallo, MD?
6 month follow up w the surgeon today. 3rd back surgery was the charm! My fusion fused together! Finally!! Anyone needing back surgery go see Dr. Jack Jallo at Jefferson Neuroscience in Philadelphia. He has saved my life! He’s amazing, personable and really cares about his patients quality of life. Thank you ?? Dr. Jallo.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Jallo, MD?
Very honest. Expectations are based on probability with no promises. Explains the surgical plan in as much detail as you can handle and answers all questions commensurate with you understanding of medical terms. Honestly explains the unpredictable outcomes verses the predictable outcomes. He came highly recommended from my prior neurosurgeon who no longer accepts Medicare. I would highly recommend Dr. Jallo . I never really needed an urgent appointment so I didn't answer that question.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Jallo, MD?
I saw Dr Jallo for a consult because I was having pain from my buttocks to my foot for several months. I had a large herniated disc L-4 L-5. He recommended a micro dis- ectomy to repair the herniation. I had the surgery and the pain was gone within several hours. My recovery went well and just had my last visit 8 week post op with him and everything looks good, now have to do some physical therapy to strengthen my core. He is a very gentle, kind and answered all my question highly recommend
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Jallo, MD?
I had L4-L5 microdisctectomy with dr Jallo and after three months I still have more pain in different places than before the surgery. I wish I havent done this op. I was just so convinced by the 90% of positive outcome, up to three weeks recovery, thats what I heard from dr Jallo and his doctors so I decided to do it. I wish I have heard the real side effects before the surgery.
Joan, we truly appreciate your honest feedback....Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Jallo, MD?
I went in to see Dr. Jallo and it turned out he wasn't the right type of specialist for my condition, but I wanted to leave five stars anyway because he was an excellent listener and so patient with all of my questions. Other doctors could take a page out of his book in terms of bedside manners. Obviously I can't speak to how he practices medicine, but I can only imagine he's a great doctor as well. Thanks again, Dr. Jallo.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Jallo, MD?
I came up from Costa Rica to have Dr Jallo perform my spinal fusion 2/17, and it was well worth it. Being my third orthopedic surgery, I have something with which to compare my experience. He and his staff have been superb since day 1. He put me at ease, connected personally, listened carefully, answered questions clearly, explained everything fully, inspired confidence in his ability to help me. I would heartily recommend him and his team, and will return to him for my next spinal surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Jallo, MD?
I am so pleased Dr. JALLO was recommended to me. He saw the urgency of my case and operated first thing the next morning. He was extremely nice and explained everything to me so that I could understand and was able to calm my nerves. His entire staff was equally as wonderful. I've been hospitalized 10 times and this was my best experience yet.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Jallo, MD?
Dr. Jack Jallo did an outstanding job with my surgery. I have had a very successful recovery. His patient treatment was nothing short of excellent. I cannnot recommend him enough. He made what is typically a stressful and scary experience into a comforting and reassuring one.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Jallo, MD?
Disgraceful contact policy. My husband made a call to speak with him, regarding new onset of pain,(post op several weeks) first call took an hour for the phone to get answered, no response for several hours,made a second call this one took 1hour and 50 minutes before it was answered.Still no return call that day. Left e-mail message that night. Next day only 20 minutes to get the phone answered,same receptionist.He was informed it could 72 hours to get a return call.THIS IS THEIR POLICY-NOT OK
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Jallo, MD?
Dr Jallo is my Hero ! He is the most skilled surgeon I've ever met in my life ! I trusted him with my life and he did the most amazing job on my back ! Always pleasant , listens and very knowledgeable. If you need back surgery he's your Doctor. Love him . Thank you DR Jallo
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Jallo, MD?
I first had a major head trauma emergency surgery. A few months later I had surgery to replace part of my skull that needed to be temporarily removed. Both surgeries went amazingly well, with quick recovery . My head looks great considering all I went through. Pain was minimal . Dr Jallo is very pleasant , listens , doesn't rush and is very skilled. His team has also been very nice and helpful through this entire process.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Jallo, MD?
Dr Jallo was the third Dr I spoke to about needing spinal fusion. He provided more information and in a simpler format then any of the others. He also provided options the others never mentioned as even being a possibility. He was so easy to talk to, made me feel comfortable and really cared about my concerns, especially about recovery
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Jallo, MD?
I think Dr jallo is excellent. I had extensive back surgery a spinal fusion he treated me with the utmost care explaining everything to my family he even called my mother tovket her know my status. I should be paralyzed right now but thanks to Dr jallo I am able to walk and walk unasisted. Thank you so much for my life back
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Jallo, MD?
I had 2 surgeries done by dr. Jallo, both went well, he explain everything regarding the surgery so you can understand. I really like the fact that he doesn't rush to cut on you he try different methods before he discuss surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Jallo, MD?
I can?t say enough good things about Dr. Jallo and his team. He presents as a very smart, inviting and caring personality. He took great pains to explain to me what my diagnosis meant and what would be involved in the surgical procedure. He was completely upfront with me. regarding the procedural risks and potential outcome good or bad.I spent many hours researching potential surgeons. I feel fortunate to have found Dr. Jallo.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Jallo, MD?
Performed cervical-spine surgery on me with absolutely excellent results.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Jallo, MD?
Dr. Jallo and his staff are cordial, considerate and thorough, willing to answer any questions fully and completely. Dr. Jallo explained my condition and the diagnosis and prognosis. how we could proceed and never rushed me through any appointment.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Jallo, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Jallo?

Insurance accepted

Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
Aetna POS
Private HealthCare Systems
Private HealthCare Systems PPO
QualCare
Tricare

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Jallo treats patients.

Compare Providers