Dr. Jack Jallo, MD

Dr. Jack Jallo, MD

NeurosurgeryMale

Contact provider for availability

Dr. Jack Jallo, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Philadelphia, PA. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Jefferson Methodist Hospital and Thomas Jefferson University Hospital. He has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Jallo to book an appointment.

Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals

Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals909 Walnut St Fl 2 Philadelphia, PA 19107

Jefferson Neurosciences Center

Jefferson Neurosurgery at Washington Township445 Hurffville Crosskeys Rd Ste B16 Sewell, NJ 08080

Jefferson Neurosurgery

Thomas Jefferson at Navy Yard3 Crescent Dr Philadelphia, PA 19112

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Jallo is affiliated with Thomas Jefferson University Hospital Philadelphia, a highly rated hospital.

• Practices at Top Hospital America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

More Neurosurgery Specialists at Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals

Dr. Jallo's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Jallo

Dr. Jallo

Excellent Neurosurgeon and Excellent Team and Excellent Experience !
LLR – Jan 19, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Jallo, MD?
Both Dr Jallo and his staff took as much time to discuss my condition and the surgical options with me as I wanted. His approach was very reassuring and made me certain I was pursuing the best option available to me. My result was absolutely wonderful. For two months preop I needed to sit in the shower due to back and radiating leg pain. The morning after my surgery I was able to stand to brush my teeth, shave and shower all without taking a break to sit!
Kevin Osborne – Nov 05, 2021
Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave a...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Jallo, MD?
Dr Jallo is competent, thorough and does not make the patient feel like they are being rushed through.
  • Long wait times
Olesh Babiak MD – Nov 05, 2021
Hi, we really appreciate your feedback! We are...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Jallo, MD?
Office staff does not return phone calls or emails through the patient portal
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
Jul 23, 2021
Hi, we regret to hear that you had this...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Jallo, MD?
Dr Jallo was one of 3 drs recently who have been conscientious & caring enough to figure out etiology of my numerous medical issues & did not hesitate to state the physician dreaded dx. Arachnoiditis .. Thoracic arachnoid cyst/web. I feel I am in good hands & forever grateful..
Kathleen Dailey Duffy – Jul 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Jallo, MD?
He has done 3 surgeries on me and every one was a success He has great bed side matters he is very caring of his patients He is a very good doctor so if you need surgery he is doctor you should have
Sandra lynch – Jul 03, 2021
Sandra, thank you so much for your positive...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Jallo, MD?
Dr. Jallo explained all aspects of my condition and my options. He is an expert in his field and made me feel comfortable and at ease from start to finish.
BJ Testa – Jun 23, 2021
Thank you for sharing your positive experience!...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Jallo, MD?
Dr. Jallo is a superhero who gave me the ability to walk again without a limp and without unbearable pain. He performed miraculous work on a very twisted and damaged spine and was the answer to my prayers when I wasn't sure one existed. Dr. Jallo and his neurosurgery team are a 13 on a scale of 1-10. Do not live in pain or without hope as long as Dr. Jallo, his team, Neurosurgery and Neurology reign supreme at Thomas Jefferson Hospital.
Susan R Sherbin – Apr 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Jallo, MD?
Dr. Jallo performed an emergency cervical fusion on me and a double lumbar disk fusion. His knowledge and skill are extraordinary. He takes his time, made sure I understood what was happening every step of the way, and made sure to include my family throughout the process. I highly recommend him!
Keith Shumaker – Apr 21, 2021
Hi Keith, thank you for your kind review; we are...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Jallo, MD?
Dr Jallo is the best . Nothing but a positive and successful experience from the initial visit , thru surgery and all the follow up . He and his team are wonderful.
Mike Blundin – Mar 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Jallo, MD?
Dr Jallo was very pleasant, professional at the same time friendly and very caring.. Also his team he works with in his office and his team in the surgical room are all amazing .. I had cervical spine surgery done in June and I feel absolutely wonderful and pain free.. I did recommend a friend to Dr Jallo and he was also very pleased with his work.. I would absolutely without a doubt recommend him to any if anyone asks me.. Thank again Dr Jallo
Sue Baresich – Mar 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Jallo, MD?
I had a great experience with Dr. Jallo and my spinal fusion surgery. I was fortunate to have no need of any pain meds post surgery and was able to get of another prescribed medication after a few months post surgery. I would recommend Dr. Jallo to anyone who may need a spinal surgery. Certainly seek a consultation at least. His calm demeanor was comforting to me.
Alice – Mar 11, 2021
Alice, it's experiences like yours that really...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Jallo, MD?
I was recommended to Jefferson Neuro because I was in a car accident and my spine was damaged. I saw 2 Neuro surgeons who stated they had never seen what my spine was displaying on films. So I went for a 3rd option at Jefferson and met with Dr Jallo. He put me at ease. He had seen this before! He explained what was happening and what needed to be done. I trusted him right away. I am 6 weeks pist ok and feeling great! I would recommend Dr Jallo and Jefferson Neuro facility anytime.
Margaret Kelly – Mar 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Jallo, MD?
Dr. Jallo carefully and realistically explained the surgical benefits, risks, and possible outcomes for me. I am a 61 y/o man who is now 6 wks post-op of fusions C5-T2 with replacement/installation of fixation from C3-T2. I have a little discomfort- sporadic muscle spasm, but mostly pain-free at this time without the radiculopathy that was torturing me. Immediately post-op I was amazed at the low level of pain that I was experiencing. Dr. Jallo must have a very light hand in the OR. My hands, which were my complaint--weakness and functional loss--have not really improved a lot (the right is marginally better), but I haven't started therapy yet. I hope for success, but am a realist. I am happy it won't get any worse. I feel lucky that I live in a city with Jeff and doctors like Dr. Jallo. I would wholeheartedly and without reservation recommend Dr. Jallo.
John P McGeehan – Oct 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Jallo, MD?
While a scary decision to have spine surgery, having Dr Jallo recommended ,and meeting him put me at such ease. Dr Jallo was so comfortable to talk to, reviewed with me all the mri's and other tests and explained in very simple to understand terms what was wrong, what options are available and what /why he was recommending our course of action. I am 4 weeks post surgery( c4-c7 laminectomy with fusion ) and all is healing as planned. Each day i get closer to the finish line and can't be happier. What a great doctor and team . Highly recommended .
Mike Blundin – Sep 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Jallo, MD?
I am 2 years after L4-L5 microdisctectomy with dr Jallo and the surgery was a failure. I am dealing with so much more pain since the surgery than before the surgery. Before the surgery I had pain in the back of my legs, since the surgery I have to deal with front of my legs as well and nothing helps. What a bad decision from my part and bad work done by dr Jallo. I asked about all side effects including getting worse and I was assured this would not happen. I am in my 40s and I eat very healthy. This surgery is a huge regret.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Lidia – Sep 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Jallo, MD?
I am 5 months post-op from a TLIF L5 to S1…a very tough surgery for the patient both mentally and physically. With that level of severity, I recommend going to a hospital like Jefferson Neuroscience for a number of reasons. Dr. Jallo and his support team are excellent. They have the skill and experience to minimize the risk of the operation and they gave me my life back. I was in the hospital 4 days and the nurses and their support staff were very caring, knowledgeable and attentive. The first 4 days post-op are very tough, the staff knows they are tough and will do anything possible to help you. In retrospect 5 month post-op, I can’t thank them enough. After leaving the hospital, there will be need to contact Jallo and his team. When I called, my calls were returned within an hour…Allison was great and listens A+.
Richard Frazer – Aug 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Jallo, MD?
I had L4-L5 Microdiscectomy with dr Jallo over two years ago and I regret this every day. Since surgery I have to battle so many more symptoms. Before surgery I had pain bellow my buttocks, after this surgery back of my legs got much worse and also I started having burning pain in the front of the legs. I have hard time wearing pants. I was told by dr Jallo I would be back at work after 4 weeks, and side effect are small, definitely getting so much worse was not mentioned. I am in my 40s with very healthy weight.
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Lidia – Aug 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Jallo, MD?
Dr Jallo did surgery on my spine for a tumor he is so kind and considerate . His bed side manners are the Best! I would strongly recommend Dr Jallo and his wonderful Staff. he is a doctor who cares what you have to say and helps you understand what the surgery was about and why you need to follow instructions after the operation. his staff always calls back and helps you get thru the difficulties of major back surgery.
Cathy Morris – Jul 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Jallo, MD?
Dr. Jallo took the time to review the MRI images while thoroughly explaining the state of my cervical spinal cord. Dr. Jallo's solution was cervical laminectomy with spinal fusion. I was very hesitant about having the spine fused. Dr Jallo used the MRI images, spinal models and one of his students to illustrate why spinal fusion should be part of the surgical solution. I m very grateful that he took the time to explain this to me. The surgery by it's nature is very painful. Dr. Jallo's skills, and those of his team, were able to mitigate the pain to a significant degree. I would be doing a great disservice if I did not heap boatloads of praise on the Nursing staff at the Neuroscience Center; especially the 7th floor nurses and students whose angelic work helped me through the first few days of my recovery. Thank you!
EJVentura – Feb 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jack Jallo, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Jallo?

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Pennsylvania

Check Dr. Jallo's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Jallo's Top Procedures and Conditions

Cervical Spine Myelopathy

Dr. Jallo treats Cervical Spine Myelopathy more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Jallo treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Myelopathy

Dr. Jallo treats Myelopathy more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Jallo treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Autoimmune Myelopathy

• Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Endoscopic Discectomy
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminoforaminotomy
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spine Fracture Treatment
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Upper Back Pain

Dr. Jallo accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Jallo has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(215) 259-5822Find providers who accept this insurance