Family Medicine  |
Dr. J David Swift, MD
From a very early age I recognized illness and disease. I wanted to do something to help those who were physically sick and I wanted to know personally how to stay healthy. My main emphasis in medicine has always been prevention. "Data from many years of research has shown that we can control our own destiny to a certain extent in the way that we eat, sleep and exercise. Our daily diet controls our destiny for such things as cancer, heart attack and stroke, even dementia. "There is nothing to compare with having the privilege to help someone I've known over 20 years. The patient and doctor interaction is incredibly important. It is quite a privilege to solve health problems and help keep my patients healthy."

Westsound Internal Medicine PLLC

2601 Cherry Ave Ste 302

Bremerton, WA 98310

Dr. J David Swift, MD

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • First Choice Health
  • Health Net

Learn about Dr. Swift

YOUR HEALTH :OUR MISSION

Dr. Swift's Experience

Dr. Swift's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Internal Medicine

• Geriatric Medicine

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

• Allergic Rhinitis
  • Anemia
  • Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Congestive Heart Failure

• Physical Examination
  • Spirometry
  • Urinalysis
  • Vaccination

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

• University of California
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1977
  • University of California At Los Angeles
    Medical School | Graduated 1982
  • Northwestern U/Evanston Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1983
  • Northwestern U/Evan
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1985

Dr. Swift has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Swift does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Swift and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Swift's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Swift to family and friends
Dr. Swift's Performance
in Kitsap County, WA |
I've been a patient of Dr. Swift for many years and continue to be impressed by his dedication to staying up to date on the latest information about medicines, health, and nutrition. He assesses the whole person and the whole body, a rare find in the medical profession these days. As an independent physician he can focus on his best judgement rather than being beholden to a corporation. I would recommend him to everyone.
Bremerton, Wa. |
I have been a patient currently, and in the past, of Dr. J. David Swift. i have found him to be very knowledgeable, caring, and skilled medically. He is a doctor who keeps current and updated on new medical developments. Dr. Swift is proactive, and eager to work as a team with other medical professionals. He takes time with each patient, and makes sure that all questions are answered clearly. His passion is helping people get the best medical care possible. Recommend highly.
in Bremerton, WA |
I've been seeing Dr Swift for over 20 years. I am very pleased with the level of care provided. He diagnosed a tumor in record time which allowed for good outcome. Richard Pope
in Port Orchard Wa |
Dr. Swift has been my husband's (Enzo Loop) doctor for several years and has been excellent He never makes you feel rushed and makes sure all your questions are answered. He will check on anything you have a question about and give you a personal phone call to make sure you have an answer. Very personable (and sneaks in a joke every once in awhile). Definitely would recommend him.
in Bremerton, WA |
Dr Swift has been my primary care family doctor for more than a decade. He is always attentive and tends to focus on long term solutions related to diet, exercise, stress as well as the normal medical methods available. He is caring and interesting and I highly recommend him.
in Seattle, WA |
I mentioned to Dr. Swift I was feeing light headed around noon time, he dismissed it as nothing, I was being Overdosed by one of his medicines; I mentioned a pain on the liver side and right arm, he did nothing about it but, told me to use the walking cane with the left arm, it turn out to be GALLSTONES, this Dr. gave me 3 different Diabetes medicines that made me very sick, it turns out I DO NOT HAVE DIABETES, I will NOT recommend this wannabe doctor to nobody.
First of all this patient review is false. I do not have patients in Seattle so lets get that straight right away. Secondly , there is no one who has ever been placed on 3 medications for diabetes in my practice that did not show this with multiple and detailed lab tests as being medically necessary. They may have falsely stated that they were on those from someone else but not truthfully by me. I never tell pts with liver area pain to use a cane .utter nonsense . LIE
Have you seen Dr. J David Swift, MD?

See our Family Medicine Specialist at Harrison Medical Center

Visit Dr. Swift

Dr. Swift accepts 10 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • First Choice Health