Dr. Nnaemeka Onwuta, MD

Dr. Nnaemeka Onwuta, MD

Pain Medicine  ·
Dr. Nnaemeka Onwuta, MD is a pain medicine specialist in Barrington, IL and has been practicing for 22 years. He graduated from Univ Of Pittsburgh Sch Of Med in 1991 and specializes in pain medicine, pain medicine anesthesiology, and more.

27750 W Il Route 22 Ste 22

Barrington, IL 60010

• HealthLink

Learn about Dr. Onwuta

See how frequently Dr. Onwuta performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Headache
Fibromyalgia
Spondylitis

Dr. Onwuta's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Pain Medicine
  • Anesthesiology
  • Pain Medicine Anesthesiology

• Anesthesiology
    Accredited by: American Board of Anesthesiology*
  • Pain Medicine
    Accredited by: American Board of Anesthesiology*

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Univ Of Pittsburgh Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1991
  • West Penn Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1992
  • Loyola University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1995
  • Cook Co Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1996

Dr. Onwuta has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Onwuta does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Onwuta and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Onwuta's Reviews

3.2
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Onwuta to family and friends

Dr. Onwuta's Performance

GOOD

this doctor does not understand pain. apparently you only need a stronger pain killer if you hurt your back. you must be an addict if you do not have a back problem. stay away from this quack. if you have any pain that is not back related you are in trouble with this quack.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
This is one of the best doctors I have ever seen. He does not talk down to you and listens to your concerns. Very personable, very easy to get along with. I would recommend Dr. Onwuta to anyone with pain management issues.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I've been dealing with pain for 6+years and have had different doctors over that time. Dr. Onwuta is great. He listens to me, takes his time to adress my concerns and makes sure I am satisfied and need anything else before I leave my appointment. While you do have to schedule your appointments out...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr Onwuta and staff abandoned me after 5 years of being his patient and paying out of pocket. I needed to address my mental health and needed to get off of opioids before entering 28 day inpatient facility for depression. He refused to help me his staff was beyond cruel to me telling me he's triple...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option2
Been seeing him for years because I can't find another Doctor. Dr. Onwuta always makes me wait and then I feel he isn't listening or believing me. He hasn't helped me one bit.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0