Dr. Jefferson Morrison, MD

Dr. Jefferson Morrison, MD

Adult Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery  |

Dr. J Craig Morrison, MD - Nashville, TN - Orthopaedic Surgery | Southern Joint Replacement Institute -- -- Originally from Texas, Dr. Morrison came to Nashville in 1996 for his orthopaedic residency at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. He completed his training in 2001 and was recognized as an outstanding resident in the education of medical students by the Vanderbilt General Surgery Department. Dr. Morrison joined SJRI in August of 2002 after completing his Otto Aufranc Fellowship in Adult Reconstructive Surgery at New England Baptist Hospital in Boston, MA. This program provides specialty training in joint replacement surgery. Dr. Morrison has authored several articles and book chapters in leading joint replacement publications. He lectures nationally and internationally. His expertise is in primary and revision replacement surgery of the hip, knee and shoulder. He has a special interest in medical mission work and has performed joint replacements in Mexico, Peru, Ecuador and India.

Southern Joint Replacement Institute

• Coventry Health Care of Tennessee

Learn about Dr. Morrison

Video

Dr. Morrison's Experience

Dr. Morrison's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Adult Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery
  • Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

This content was provided by Dr. Morrison "The mission of Southern Joint Replacement Institute is to provide state-of-the-art care in a professional and compassionate environment while honoring a commitment to research and education in the field of joint replacement.  We are fully committed to providing personalized care and developing lasting relationships with patients and their families."

• Adult Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Baker’s Cyst
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Hip Dysplasia

• Total Hip Replacement
  • Total Knee Replacement
  • Total Shoulder Replacement
  • Uni-Compartmental Knee Replacement

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• Baylor University
  • Vanderbilt University Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2001
  • New England Baptist Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2002

Dr. Morrison has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Morrison does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Morrison and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Morrison's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Morrison to family and friends
Dr. Morrison's Performance
Madison, TN |
Great and skilled physician.
in Owensboro, KY |
I have had Dr. Morrison as my surgeon for 2 knee replacement and a hip replacement. At my first encounter I was impressed by the thoroughness of the team approach. Dr Morrison is very caring and his approach is very relaxed. He has a way of putting you at ease. I highly recommend him for anyone needing replacement surgery. The staff at the office are so friendly and caring and are quick to answer any questions.
in Spring Hill, TN |
I had a full knee replacement in 2016 with a different surgeon. My experience with Dr Morrison 18 months after my first knee replacement was happily a more positive outcome! From the pre operative appointments right through the surgery and post operative treatment I strongly felt more informed and cared for!
in Jackson. Tn. |
Dr. Morrison has done my second knee replacement and now just scheduled my hip surgery in Jan 2018. I have had complete successful surgery's with Dr. Morrison. I obviously would not go anywhere else.. I have complete trust in Dr. Morrison & SJRI. Larry Smith President Steve Marsh Ford Milan, Tn.
in Bowling Green, KY |
D.. Morrison is AWESOME!!!! He did my knee replacement in January 2013 and did an incredible job - I had very little pain and very little down time in recovery. His manners in the office as well as bedside are incredible. He is a very caring and very understanding physician and cares very much for you - I would HIGHLY recommend him for any joint replacement that is needed.
Nashville, TN |
Great surgeon! Dr. Morrison is an amazing doctor and I would not go to anyone else. He is definitely someone who knows his craft!
in Spring Hill, TN |
Our “family” knee replacement doctor - my husband and mom both had their two knees replaced by him and I just had my left one done. He is excellent at everything you want a doctor to be. If or when my right one needs replacing it will be by him. The whole staff in the office and hospital were an all-star team!
in Mount Juliet, TN |
Dr Morrison is truly wonderful. His patience to answer all questions and discuss your outcomes is unbelievable. His staff; Tracey and Julie are awesome. Even Suzy, scheduler always willing to help. This practice is all about the patient.
in Nashville, TN |
Dr. Jefferson Craig Morrison, MD is the BEST. I am able to live independently because of Dr. Morrison and his PT Sarah Harshaw. I have been a patient of Dr. Morrison's since 2004. He truly cares for his patients and he is an excellent surgeon.
Columbus, OH |
Excellent listener. Thorough knowledgeable.
Nashville, TN |
A co-worker's sister needed double knee replacement. My co-worker told me how well the surgery and physical therapy went, a how happy her sister is with the results
in Hendersonville, TN |
I was very pleased with Dr. Morrison and his staff. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for an orthopedic doctor.
Absolutely. Dr Morrison and staff are simply put THE BEST
in Rock Island, TN |
Dr. Morrison replaced both my shoulders (3 & 5 yrs ago) and has restored me to a busy lifestyle of kayaking, hiking, swimming etc. I am 72 yrs old and intend to keep active. All of the staff are friendly and knowledgeable. I have referred 4 friends/family - all with good outcomes.
in Bowling Green, KY |
My experience with Dr. Morrison and his staff has been very good. Dr. Morrison and his staff are very courteous and professional in their approach to medicine. they make sure you understand what they are telling you and do not hesitate to answer all questions asked of them. At this point in time of our dealings i would highly recommend Dr. Morrison and his staff to new patients.
Clarksville, TN |
This doctor is fantastic. Knowledgeable and patient oriented. Very personable with a staff that is amazing. I am a 64 year old woman requiring a hip replacement. I am an athletic woman and he listened to my concerns regarding my endeavors. Today pain free and enjoying running agility with my dogs. Thank you!
in Hermitage,Tennessee |
I have never in my 66 years ever met someone I trusted more and is more professional than Dr Morrison . I would trust him with my life. LOL Actually I have. He clearly explains what he is planning. On a 1 to 10, I would definitely give him an 11.
in Lawrenceburg, TN |
Dr. Morrison has re-replaced both my knees and just eight weeks ago replaced my right hip. I have the utmost confidence in his knowledge and ability as an orthopedic surgeon. He is very personable and interested in his patients and their recovery to pain free use of wornout joints. In my opinion he is the best in his field.
in Hermitage, TN |
Dr, Craig Morrison was awesome and very friendly. Check my left knee. take the Xray. No tearing and No MRI. Lucky! Thanks God.. Thank you Craig
in Nashville, TN |
I highly recommend Dr. Morrison to family & friends. My wait time was very reasonable and his staff was very courteous. It is a pleasure to go there. Dr. Morrison has a very good bedside manner & also has a good personality when you meet with him in his office. Dr. Morrison replaced my shoulder & if I need anything else done in his line of practice he will be my number one choice. Great doctor.. If anyone needs a good orthopedic doctor go see Dr. Jefferson Morrison.
in Hendersonville, TN |
I met with Dr. Morrison on Thursday, July 12, to discuss X-rays and a possible knee replacement. He explained thoroughly what he saw on the images and what to expect from the surgery. He answered my questions in a relaxed and unhurried manner and made me feel that he would give me the time I needed to decide. I left feeling very confident that I understood what would occur and that I had chosen the right surgeon for the procedure.
in Beaver Dam, KY |
Dr. Morrison is always easy to talk to. He takes the time to answer questions and explains in everyday words what needs to be done and how to fix it. My left shoulder was completely shot. He replaced it and I have had no problems with it since the surgery. I wouldn't hesitate to use his services again if needed. I would highly recommend him to anyone. He is the best!
in Cookeville, TN |
I can trust Dr. Morrison to do the very best for me, his patient. He is sincere and not rushed when I have an appointment and answers all my questions with knowledge and clarity. I would recommend him to anyone without reservations, and I have.
in Cerulean Kentucky |
Wonderful experience. Everyone I met was very caring and seemed to want to make sure I was at ease. I feel like I made a great choice in coming to Dr. Morrison.
in Brentwood, TN |
I feel extremely lucky to have been a patient of Dr. Craig Morrison since 2012. In 2016, I had total knee replacement. My experience with Dr. Morrison, his team and Centennial Hospital was excellent. Dr. Morrison is patient and kind and has a very good bedside manner. I would highly recommend Dr. Morrison. .
in Atlanta, GA |
DR. MORRISON IS VERY PLEASANT AND TREATS YOU LIKE YOU ARE HIS ONLY PATIENT. HE IS A VERY GOOD LISTENER.
in Nashville, TN |
Dr, Morrison came with a great recommendation from his former patients .He explained the entire procedure in language I could understand. All went well as expected. Thanks Doctor..
in Trenton, KY |
Thanks Dr. Craig for making my quality of life better than ever.! I am now back on the tennis court, hiking and enjoying like pain free. All the best to you and your staff!.
in Mount Juliet, TN |
Dr. Morrison and staff were outstanding. He showed genuine concern and both with my preoperative issues/ problems and progress toward complete recovery and healing after the surgery. His ability to place me at easy, answer all questions and prepare me for what was going to happen both during and after the hip replacement surgery was very much appreciated.. I already have recommended him to friends. Bottom line he and his staff are professional, friendly, and caring. Very pleased with results
in Hendersonville TN |
The best orthopedic doctor I have ever met. Makes you calm when you are nervous and his staff is amazing I give Dr. Morrison & his staff 100 ??]***** Diana Carillon
in Hermitage, TN |
Dr. Morrison is a very caring and competent physician. He listens carefully, and responds with compassion.
in Nashville, TN |
Dr. Morrison explained every aspect of the Hip replacement procedure during my first office examination. The entire hospital/surgery experience was seamless. Every person introduced themselves, said what they were about to do and asked if I had any questions. Dr. Morrison was also present pre-op and post op to talk with me. I am currently in PT at SJRI and the staff is very professional and friendly. I would recommend SJRI and Dr. Morrison to anyone in the future! Vic Silvestri
in Dalton, GA |
Wonderful experience. Great doctor. I can't say enough good thins about Dr Morrison, the doctors and staff at SJRI and the nurses and staff at Tri Star Centennial
in Abingdon, VA |
I travel six hundred miles round trip to be a patient of Dr Morrison. I have had all six major joints replaced over the last four years. As far as I'm concerned there is no better surgeon in the US than Dr Morrison.
in Christiana, TN |
This will be my left hip replacement. I had my right hip done 2 years ago. Dr. Morrison and his staff are amazing! They are very attentive, caring, and top-notch! They always seem glad to see me and to answer any questions I may have.
in Hendersonville, TN |
Having been a patient of Dr. Burton Elrod for many years, when it came time to get a shoulder replacement he recommended Dr. Morrison. I just had my 10 year check-up (I passed with flying colors) and I can assure anyone that if you need a joint replaced you can do no better than Dr. Morrison.
in Primm Springs tn |
I really like dr Morrison, I found him very helpful answered all my questions about up coming surgery. Did not seem in a hurry to go to next appt. answered all my questions efficiently.
in Cross Plains |
Surgical skill is excellent
in Franklin TN |
Great listener with great bedside manner. Very experienced too.
in Nashville, TN |
Doctor Morrison and his support staff were very considerate and extremely interested of all my needs. They were genuinely interested in my lifestyle and asked approiate questions during my unrushed interview.
Mount Juliet, TN |
Takes his time with patient, explains all options and great results after he did total hip replacement on my wife's left and then right hip before seeing me for knee problems. Trust his judgement on my health case options. SJRI is the best.
in Antioch |
Dr Morrison is great and would have liked him to do surgery on me, but his staff does not have you feel like you are his patient and do not return calls.
Thank for the compliment of our physician. Patient experience is important to us at Southern Joint Replacement Institute, so we want to make every effort to address your concerns. Your comments have been shared with the Practice Manager, Kim Brown. If you would like to speak with someone about this experience, please call the Practice Manager at 615-342-0038. Thank you.
in Crossville, TN |
Dr. Morrison is a great surgeon. He takes his time and explains what is wrong, then gives solutions and discusses the possible outcomes. He is warm and personable as well. If you need joint replacement, see Dr. Morrison.
Have you seen Dr. Jefferson Morrison, MD?

Visit Dr. Morrison

• Husky Health
  • inHealth
  • INTotal Health
    Medicaid
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • MedHealthInsurance

Nashville, TN 37211
Saint Thomas West Hospital
4220 Harding Road Po Box 380
Nashville, TN 37205

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Morrison at Southern Joint Replacement Institute