Dr. J Martin Leland III, MD

Dr. J Martin Leland III, MD

Sports Medicine  |
Male
Dr. J Martin Leland III, MD is a sports medicine doctor who practices in Chardon, OH. He has been practicing for 15 years. Read his story

13207 Ravenna Rd # Geaugaspecialtyclinic

• CoreSource
  • Health Net

Learn about Dr. Leland III

Dr. Leland III's Experience

Dr. Leland III's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Sports Medicine
  • Board certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Leland III's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Leland III "J. Martin Leland III, MD is a skilled orthopaedic surgeon and sports medicine physician. He provides expert care for adults and adolescents with injuries of the bones, joints and muscles. Dr. Leland specializes in the care of sports-related injuries, with a particular focus on injuries of the knee, shoulder and hip. His clinical practice includes arthroscopic surgery with a focus on ACL reconstructions, meniscus repairs, shoulder dislocations, rotator cuff repairs and labrum repairs of the shoulder and hip. He has worked as a team physician for the Chicago Blackhawks as well as numerous colleges and high schools in the Chicago area. Dr. Leland regularly teaches other Orthopaedic Surgeons around the country how to improve their skills in arthroscopic surgery. In addition, Dr. Leland is the Associate Editor of Technology for the Arthroscopy Journal, one of the most well respected journals for Orthopaedic Sports Medicine in the world."

This content was provided by Dr. Leland III "I believe that patients should be closely involved with their care.  My job is to educate the patient so they know all of their options.  They then get to decide which option they would like.

My job as a Sports surgeon is to get patients back to doing all of the things that they want to do."

• Sports Medicine

• Baker’s Cyst
  • Bicep Injuries
  • Bone Cancer
  • Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Ganglion Cyst

• Rotator Cuff and Labral Repair
  • Separated Femoral Epiphysis Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

• University Of Virginia
  • Albany Medical College-Orthopaedic Surgery Residency
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2007
  • Thomas Jefferson University-Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Fellowship
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2008

Dr. Leland III has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Leland III does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Leland III and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Leland III's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Leland III to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Leland III Says:

Thank you for looking up my profile.  I hope you will come in to see me in the office so I can get you "Back on the Road to Recovery!"

If you are already one of my patients, thank you for coming to see me.  Please rate your experience with me here.  Thanks!

Dr. Leland III's Performance
Cleveland, OH |
The absolute best doctor we have ever seen! He took care of my son who tore his ACL. Fantastic bedside manner and probably the smartest and most skilled surgeon in all of Cleveland!
Missed a fracture in my thumb and sent me for an unnecessary MRI!! Now i have to pay for that unnecessary MRI! Went 8 weeks with a fracture and now facing a lifetime of problems with my thumb! Dont recommend Dr Leland at all!!
I am very sorry you are upset. However, as I explained to you, you do not have a fracture in your thumb. Here is the official read by the radiologists of your X-rays of your hand: "IMPRESSION: No evidence of fracture or dislocation about the thumb." I also reviewed the xrays myself and there is no fracture. In addition, when we ordered the MRI because you weren't improving, the MRI also did not show any fracture in your thumb and was read by the radiologists as "no fracture."
in Solon, OH |
Dr Leland and his staff provided quality care for me for my knee surgery. All aspects went well and as expected and as he explained. I would highly recommend him for your orthopaedic care.
in Chardon, OH |
Dr. Leland was friendly, professional and was obviously well versed in his specialty. My procedure was fairly simple and I felt confident Dr. Leland would take good care of me. He and his staff were excellent!!!! My recovery was as expected.
in Montville Ohio |
It was nice to see a doctor who understands my conditions and listened to what I had to say! Very nice and I didn't feel rushed when asking questions! I would recommend! ??
I am completely satisfied with my care, and would recommend Dr. Leland to anyone needing orthopedic surgery.
Twinsburg, OH |
Takes time with his patients. Explains everything he in detail of what has to be done for you. Staff and assistant are extremely pleasant and make you feel comfortable. Would definitely recommend to everyone.
in Painesville, OH |
Office staff so disrespectful I called an attorney for advice.
My office staff was only concerned about your overall health. They were absolutely doing the best for you. I'm not sure why you would contact an attorney about this but best of luck with everything going forward.
in Chardon, OH |
Dr. Leland is terrific. He's kind, patient, thorough and extremely knowledgeable. My son and I both see him for knee issues and Dr. Leland was the only physician we've ever seen who picked up on a potential serious genetic cause for these issues. We are continuing care with him and wouldn't go anywhere else! His office staff is also very friendly and accommodating. Highly recommend!
in Ashtabula, OH |
Had a lot of pain in my right shoulder ... and he nailed the problem and treatment in the 1st visit. Relieved my pain that visit and, with physical therapy, the follow-up visit showed great improvement. Thanks Doc!
in Chardon OH |
Waited over an hour to see the doctor, staff is not in touch with the patients, very disorganized operation
I am very sorry you had a long wait to see me. Please call my office at 440-285-5004 and ask to speak with Missy or Jeannie. They will do whatever we can to make this right and make sure you don't have to wait the next time you see me.
in Concord Township, OH |
I was impressed with his knowledge and simplicity in which he explained my condition, details and pictures of the surgery, and recovery time. I followed his post op directions to the letter and had full range of motion in my knee in less than 2 weeks. I will return for any future bone and joint issues.
in Chardon, OH |
I had right hip femoral osteoclasts with labrum repair. It got to the point where I couldn't golf nor do any heavy lifting at all. My range of motion with the inpingement was getting worse and worse. Saw Dr. Leland last year 2015 and felt very comfortable with him from the beginning. He seems very in tune and confident about his skills. We decided to do arthroscopic surgery 6 days ago and it was the best decision I could have made. Zero pain at all. In my opinion he's the man for the job!
in Painesville, OH |
Dr. Leland took as much time with my as I felt I required. He didn't rush to explain what he was going to do and what would be happening afterwards. A+ Dr. Leland!
Willoughby, OH |
It was always easy getting an appointment and he listened to what I had to say and didn't do the whole God-Doctor complex thing.
Have you seen Dr. J Martin Leland III, MD?

Visit Dr. Leland III