Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. JF Davidson, MD
A lifelong Arizonan, Dr. Davidson graduated with honors from Yale University and received his MD degree from Columbia University. He completed his orthopaedic residency and a fellowship in sports medicine in Phoenix. Dr. Davidson is board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and has a Subspecialty Certification in Sports Medicine. He is a fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and a member of the Arthroscopy Association of North America and the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine. Dr. Davidson has published scientific papers and spoken nationally on topics ranging from anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction to arthroscopic rotator cuff repair. He has been recognized by Phoenix Magazine as Top Doc in both Orthopedics and Sports Medicine. He is spring training physician for the Chicago White Sox as well as the team orthopedist for numerous local schools. His special interests include disorders of the shoulder and knee. Dr. Davidson has been with Canyon since 1994.

10450 W McDowell Rd Ste 102

Avondale, AZ 85392

Dr. JF Davidson, MD

• AZ Foundation Medical Care (AZFMC)
  • Banner Health
  • Health Net
  • Mercy Care
  • United Healthcare Community Plan
  • Worker's Compensation

Learn about Dr. Davidson

See how frequently Dr. Davidson performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Shoulder Impingement Syndrome
Osteoarthritis of Shoulder
Shoulder Disorders

Dr. Davidson's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Davidson "When I was a kid, I liked to take broken bikes apart, fix them and put them back together. My father was a doctor and I always wanted to follow in his footsteps. I grew up in Phoenix and went to college at Yale University in Connecticut and medical school at Columbia University in New York. I came back to Arizona to do my residency and fellowship and practice orthopedics. I was attracted to this specialty because orthopedic surgeons can help injured people get better, back to their sports, jobs and active lifestyles. I enjoy the innovation and technology that is central to orthopedics.

I was fortunate in my sports medicine fellowship to become active with the Arthroscopy Association of North America as an instructor for their national courses. I have continued to help teach these courses to other orthopedic surgeons allowing me to participate in the latest advances in the field. My practice has developed over the past twenty years. I am now the orthopedic consultant and side line doctor for numerous high schools in the area. I am the Spring Training orthopedist for the Chicago White Sox. I enjoy teaching medical and physician assistant students from Midwestern University and University of Arizona's Phoenix Campus.

I look forward to coming to work every day whether in the office or the operating room, whether working with professional athletes or weekend warriors. My career goal remains the same as the day I started, to provide the best in orthopedics to all of my patients."

• Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
    Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*
    Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) or Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tear
  • Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear

• Knee Ligament Reconstruction
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Surgery
  • Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Partial Shoulder Replacement
  • Reverse Total Shoulder and Total Shoulder Replacement
  • Rotator Cuff Surgery
  • Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Total Joint Replacement
  • Total Joint Replacement and Revision
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• Yale University
  • Phoenix Orth Res Program
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1993
  • Institute For Bone and Joint Dis
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1994

Dr. Davidson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Davidson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Davidson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Davidson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Davidson to family and friends
Dr. Davidson's Performance
in Tallahassee, FL |
From my initial consultations with Dr. Davidson, to the surgery for a torn rotator cuff and through the completion of physical therapy I had the best possible experience and outcome. I can't say enough about Dr. Davidson and the whole team at Canyon Orthopaedic. Though I am thrilled to be pain-free and back to full function, I'm genuinely going to miss seeing all the great professionals and support staff there with whom I've had the great pleasure to work.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Davidson is a caring, knowledgeable, personable physician. He is conservative (more like thorough) and detailed in his approach. He diligently researched my rare issue to the fullest. He has been my defender against an overzealous claims adjuster for my workman's compensation claim. It took me years to get away from their quack of a doctor, to him (using my private insurance AFTER Copper Point dropped me). He evaluated me with such detail that it was easy for me to get my claim reopened.
in Goodyear, AZ |
Dr. Davidson is in rare country. He is an excellent Doc as well as a good listener. He also does an excellent job of explaining what and why he recommends something. Unlike many docs, he does a complete search of the patient's file before seeing you. The practice is also very, very good - easy to set appointments, accurate billing, and on time most of the time (As good as any!!).
Phoenix, AZ |
Had bad knees for years-40. Dr and his staff are outstanding! Had shots and a brace ordered after 1st appt.
Phoenix, AZ |
I called to make an appointment and when asked why I advised them of an accident I had recently been in. They placed me on hold and then told me they couldn't see me because of the type of accident I was in. It was insulting and left me frustrated and confused.
in Glendale, AZ |
Dr Davidson replaced my Patella Tendon about 10 yrs ago...I'm truly grateful for the surgery and Dr. Davidson was and has always be professional. I just recently went to him again in June 2016 due to knee pain with same knee and he was honest, caring, and understood my pain. I always recommend Dr. Davidson to anyone who is having serious knee problems.
Surprise, AZ |
My husband had shoulder surgery, and I had a knee replacement by Dr. Davidson. We have heard of many horror stories with other Doctors, BUT we have only GREAT & POSITIVE RESULTS . We recommend Dr. Davidson to everyone. He is truly an Excellent Doctor.
in Sun City, AZ |
Doctor Davidson takes his time to explain the problem and gives you options. I like that the put me into therapy on my first shoulder problem and this time with my knee we are again going to start with therapy and an injection into my knee first to try and use surgery only as a last resort. Like talking to a friend and not just a doctor who speaks way above your head.
in Glendale, AZ |
Dr. Davidson is a great physician! He is warm and takes the time to talk with you and explain diagnosis and treatment options. I appreciated greatly that he allowed me to decide on my treatment and respected my decisions. I did ultimately have shoulder surgery and was amazed at the coordination by office staff in preparation. Dr. Davidson did a phenomenal job operating on my shoulder, relieving me of a condition that has caused many years of pain. I would refer to him without reservation.
in Glendale, AZ |
Have been going to him for years, and have always had excellent service.
in Goodyear, AZ |
Had a total knee replacement as mine was bone on bone. Didn't beat around the bush wanting me to try other treatments which would have only pushed my surgery down the road. I'm only 9 weeks out from my surgery and I've never regreted it. He told me I was at the 6 months line already and was very pleased with my progress. Very friendly and keeps you informed on what to expect.
Have you seen Dr. JF Davidson, MD?
Are you Dr. Davidson?

Visit Dr. Davidson

Dr. Davidson accepts 14 insurance carriers
  • AZ Foundation Medical Care (AZFMC)
    AZ Foundation Medical Care (AZFMC) EPO