Dr. Christopher Stringer, MD

Dr. Christopher Stringer, MD

Internal Medicine  ·
Dr. Christopher Stringer, MD is an internal medicine specialist in Manlius, NY and has been practicing for 38 years. He graduated from SUNY Upstate Med Univ in 1976 and specializes in internal medicine and addiction medicine.Read his story

4500 Pewter Ln Bldg 2

Manlius, NY 13104

• Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Excellus BlueCross BlueShield
  • MVP Health Care

Learn about Dr. Stringer

Dr. Stringer's Experience

Dr. Stringer's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Internal Medicine

Dr. Stringer's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Stringer "Before founding this practice, I spent 30 years focused on primary care for adolescents and adults, rising to senior partner in the CNY Internists Group. I have particular expertise in gerontology as the attending physician at numerous area nursing homes. I am known for my work in addiction treatment after spending 30 years as medical director of the Crouse Hospital detoxification unit. The healing arts have been in my family for generations, informing my world view and beliefs. My father, Dr. Sydney Stringer, was a respected gynecologist in Syracuse who served during WWII as a surgeon. My mother Helen, was a nurse and strong advocate for women's health in Syracuse. She followed in the proud tradition of her grandmother, one of the first female doctors in Syracuse, a story told in her book Millie M.D. My wife Anne is also a nurse and worked by my side for many years. Her father, Dr. John Prior was a well-known pathologist in Syracuse who also served during WWII. When these soldier-doctors matched us, they never imagined that we would go on to have six children of our own. I'm honored that two of my children have carried on this family tradition, one as a surgeon and another as a nurse-midwife."

This content was provided by Dr. Stringer "I opened my personalized-care practice because my patient's health is my most important priority. I need time to listen to you and study your often complex, medical problems. My goal is to prevent disease, not just treat it. With fewer patients, I now have the time to practice my values and lead you on a journey to sustained health and wellness."

• Addiction Medicine

Dr. Stringer does not have any board certifications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Syracuse University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1969
  • SUNY Upstate Med Univ
    Medical School | Graduated 1976
  • Penn St U-Hershey Mc
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1977
  • S U N Y Upstate Medical University Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1980

Dr. Stringer has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Stringer has no media or publications listed.

• French

Dr. Stringer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Stringer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Stringer's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Stringer

3.3

Dr. Stringer?
Dr. Stringer's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Christopher Stringer, MD
Dr. Stringer, I doubt that you remember me, but I think about you all the time, you saved me from a Reno failure over 20 years ago. We moved 18 years ago to the Lehigh Valley in Pa, and I have not found a dr like you. Thank you. Alexandra Kaczmar.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Stringer, MD?
I've been seeing Doc Stringer for 20+ years, and he is a gem for our entire community. He's saved my life on several occasions. He catches things that other docs simply don't. He's great. And now, that he has a private practice, scheduling appointments - even at home - is super easy.
Thank you! It's my honor to be your doctor,...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Stringer, MD?
Dr Stringer is the most caring physician I have ever dealt with. He is always available and takes the time to discover the big picture and work to resolve the cause rather than the symptoms. He is top-notch and his staff is outstanding!
Thanks Elizabeth. I'm glad to know that I've made...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Stringer, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Stringer?