Dr. Iwona Sobczak, MD

Dr. Iwona Sobczak, MD

Neurology | Female | 52 years old

27 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results

Dr. Sobczak specializes in Neurology and practices in Chicago, IL. She practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Sobczak? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Sobczak's Experience

See how Dr. Sobczak's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Sobczak

Dr. Sobczak accepts 9 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Sobczak has admitting privileges.

Dr. Sobczak's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sobczak to family and friends
2.2
Dr. Sobczak's Performance
    FAIR
    FAIR
Des Plaines, IL |
I'm a 4 yr patient. Dr.very knowledgeable, but chronically late! Appts. mostly run min 1-1/2 hrs behind. +She gives me as much time as I need during appt. I do call ahead to see how far behind she is so I don't sit long. Receptionist, nice & friendly, but terrible follow thru. I've called for prescript refills with promise it would be called or faxed but nothing. Limited office hrs mean waiting sometimes addt'l 4 days for prescription refill! NOT GOOD for important meds! Happens often!
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Sobczak is the most unprofessional doctor I have ever worked with. Always an hour or so behind, during the visits she is constantly distracted by personal phone calls or texts. Rude and mean to her receptionist in the front of the patients! She never takes her time to listen, she just collects your money. I don't feel like she does anything to help her patients. She charged my mother $500 cash to complete an immigration form - ridiculous! She takes advantage of Polish community!
in Park Ridge, IL |
Very unprofessional. Chronically late and overbooked. I've seen her several times but no more. She does not take the time to listen to my complaints instead she interrupts several times. She doesn't do a very good job documenting either but is ready to prescribe medications without running any tests to confirm her supposed diagnosis. I would not recommend her to anyone. Her receptionist is sweet but unfortunately overworked.
Chicago, IL |
I just was in to see Dr. Sobczak and I was very impressed with the way she approached me. She was very courteous and patient. She listened to all my concerns and took the time to answer all of my questions (and I had a lot). After starting a medication which she had prescribed for my symptoms, I already am starting to feel better. I have seen other neurologists in the Chicago area who couldn't identify with me or my problems. I highly recommend Dr. Sobczak to everyone who need a Neurologist.
in Chicago, IL |
I have been a patient of Dr. Sobczak for over ten years, and I must say that I have nothing but respect for her and her abilities. She is a warm and compassionate doctor!! She diagnosed my illness after other specialists were unable to do so, and has been treating me with great success since then. She always takes time to explain everything to me, and makes sure that I get my medication, which has been somewhat difficult to arrange at times. I highly recommend her!
in Chicago, IL |
Office staff is over utilized, Dr. Sobczak has no compassion for others time. She is always INCREDIBALLY late, usually 1 to 2 hours, feel bad for the secretary who tries to calm the waiting patients and has to do everything by herself, while being put down by the Doctor. Dr. Sobczak takes time to answer personal calls, yet doesn't care that patients have to wait. Very disappointed. The Doctor is self centered, and too money oriented, that is all that she cares about and she lets everyone know.
Very bad experience! This office is very dishonest and doesn't treat patients like human beings. Seeing this doc for the first time, she didn't really pay attention to my issue, kept answering the phone, was disrupted many times, and basically disregard my concerns. Will NEVER return there, and certainly won't recommend family/friends. As an FYI- while there she was arguing with someone about an unpaid bill, letting the entire office full of patients hear it. To me she's business oriented!!!
in Chicago |
Very professional and compassionate doctor. She took the time to listen to all my problems. Then she found the right medication for my headaches !
in Chicago |
Very dissapointed with that so called Neurologist. She is very disrespectfull and doesnt spend much time with the patient. Very business oriented, basically cares about getting paid and that is it. Will Never recc9mend to anybody!
Have you seen Dr. Iwona Sobczak, MD?
Are you Dr. Sobczak?

Compare Dr. Sobczak

Dr. Sobczak's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurology
  •  Board certified in Neurology

Dr. Sobczak has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Why It Matters: Dr. Sobczak's Board Certifications

• Hydrocephalus
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Stroke
  • Syncope
  • Syphilis Infections
  • Thrombosis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vertigo
  • Visual Field Defects

Nicolaus Copernicus Medical Academy

Graduated in 1990

The University Of Chicago Hospitals

• Polish

Dr. Sobczak does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sobczak and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurology