Dr. Ivica Ducic, MD

Peripheral Nerve Surgery •  Male • Age 53

Dr. Ducic

Plastic Surgery, Nerve & Headache Institute, McLean, VA

7601 Lewinsville Rd Ste 460 McLean, VA 22102

Dr. Ivica Ducic, MD is a Peripheral Nerve Surgery Specialist in McLean, VA and has over 29 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University Zagreb Med Fak Zagreb Croatia medical school in 1991. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Inova Alexandria Hospital and Inova Fairfax Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Ducic to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Peripheral Nerve Surgery Specialists in your area

See similar Peripheral Nerve Surgery Specialists in McLean

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Ducic accepts

Dr. Ducic accepts the following insurance:

Commercial Insurance Company
CoreSource
Coventry Health Care
Golden Rule
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
Meritain Health
One Net
One Net PPO

No malpractice claims found for Virginia

Check Dr. Ducic's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Ducic's Top Procedures and Conditions

Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Ducic treats Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 89% of his peers

Dr. Ducic treats this condition more than 89% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Brachial Neuritis
  • Polyneuritis
  • Radiculitis
  • Ulnar Neuritis
  • Vestibular Neuritis
Hide other areas of care
Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
high
high

Dr. Ducic treats Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve) more than 92% of his peers

Dr. Ducic treats this condition more than 92% of his peers

• Botox® Injection
  • Breast Pain
  • Breast Reduction
  • Carpal Tunnel Release
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Chronic Groin Pain
  • Foot Pain
  • Knee Pain
  • Leg Pain
  • Limb Salvage Surgery
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Morton’s Neuroma Surgery
  • Nerve Reconstruction
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
  • Thrombosis
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Ivica Ducic, MD...

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Offer an online patient portal?

Have free onsite parking?

Offer evening visits?

Communicate via email?

Dr. Ducic's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Ducic

4.1

Dr. Ducic?
Fantastic and friendly staff! Having seen Dr Ducic years before, while he was at Georgetown University, thought i would learn more about my ongoing breast pain. In truth, I did not. Treatment indicated in the initial consultation was retracted in the follow-up visit. After keeping me waiting for over a half hour, he dismissed me after less than 10 minutes. Though a pioneer in his field, his rudeness, arrogance and lack of sensitivity was unexpected and inconsiderate. Obtain a second opinion and ensure a doctor you can TRUST!!
May 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ivica Ducic, MD?
He does not have the best bedside manners. He did not even try to help me or refer me to someone else. I heard he is a doc for occipital neuralgia, not peripheral nerve damage or hard to find problems.
Mar 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ivica Ducic, MD?
Dr. Ducic is outstanding. He cares about you, he wants you to be human...in other words, he wants you to be healthy and enjoy life. If you can see him, don’t skip the chance.
Blaine p in Manassa, VA – Nov 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ivica Ducic, MD?
After EMG results showed severe nerve damage, to the point where the numbness in my leg was so bad foot drop had developed, it was only Dr. Ducic that showed a sense of urgency that it needed to be repaired immediately. I had surgery within five days and have since made a full recovery. Dr. Ducic is an expert in his field and is short and to the point, which I appreciate. My favorite part, the high-fives he gives to celebrate how far you’ve come!
Nov 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ivica Ducic, MD?
Horrible communicator, rude and short with me on all visits. Ducic showed zero interest in speaking with me. He got irritated when I asked him basic question about my surgery. He was trained in Croatia NOT the US. Avoid Dr. Ivica Ducic at ALL costs!!!!!
K. Stough – Aug 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ivica Ducic, MD?
Straight to the point. Tells is like it is. AMAZING surgeon!
Jul 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ivica Ducic, MD?
I suffered a concussion and whiplash injury almost 4 years ago resulting in head and constant neck pain. I attempted numerous therapies and tried many medications without relief. I had a very poor quality of life. Desperate to get relief I had nerve decompression performed for occipital neuralgia by Dr. Ducic almost 5 months ago. I am happy with the results and feel that I am finally getting my life back. I was also happy with how quickly he was able to see me, especially since I was coming from out of state. His staff, Melanie and Inga, were great too and always helpful with handling medical and insurance questions that my family had.
ID, NY – Jun 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ivica Ducic, MD?
I had a facial nerve injury that caused debilitating pain untreatable by medication for 2 years. Dr. Ducic was the first physician even willing to try this delicate nerve surgery. We had direct communication with him the whole process and he was confident in the path that would end the pain. It took two surgeries, but 5 years later I am still pain free and I have my life back.
J.S. in Carmel, CA – Feb 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ivica Ducic, MD?
I am a 60 year old female that had suffered from migraines since the age of 16. Dr. Ducic gave me my life back by removing a portion of my occipital nerve and decompression. I have never been happier! I generally go to Johns Hopkins for my health care, and without a doubt Dr. Ducic and his staff outshine them. He and his staff are awesome! I asked him about another chronic health issue, unlike other surgeons, he did not recommend any further surgeries. He recommended much less envasive options.
Woodbridge, VA – Nov 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ivica Ducic, MD?
Dr. Ivica Ducic is not only a genius; he is a doctor with perhaps the best and most admirable 'bedside manner' of any I have experienced. He correctly diagnosed my unusual complaint -- a nerve tumor in my calf causing foot pain -- something few if any physicians could successfully treat. His office worked with my insurer to cover the procedure and, seemingly effortlessly, Dr. Ducic took care of a problem that would only have worsened. Being in Dr. Ducic's care is a complete pleasure.
G. Philip Hughes in Millwood, VA – Nov 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ivica Ducic, MD?
Dr. Ducic is a pioneer in peripheral nerve surgery and is paving a new frontier for how patients with chronic nerve pain can live pain-free. Dr. Ducic is extraordinarily talented and is passionate about uncovering new medical techniques to advance treatment options. Not only is Dr. Ducic a gifted surgeon, but he is also an exceptional person who truly cares about his patients and their families. Dr. Ducic and his office team are top-notch, highly capable and loving.
Tracy G in Ashburn, VA – Oct 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ivica Ducic, MD?
Dr. Ducic performed 2 surgeries for various neuralgia’s I was experiencing after taking a nasty fall several years earlier. His expertise and knowledge was extremely helpful, and because of his exceptional skill set, my life has been completely turned around for the better!
Paul in Cleveland, OH – Sep 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ivica Ducic, MD?
When I was first referred to Dr. Ducic, I had been suffering neck pain and frequent headaches for at least two years. I had already seen a spine specialist and tried acupuncture, chiropractic and a pain management institute, getting only temporary relief. Dr. Ducic examined me and recommended nerve surgery to one side of my neck (not involving my spine). After he explained the procedure, I decided to try it and am delighted with the results: no more headaches, no more pain!
Sep 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ivica Ducic, MD?
I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Ducic. I had meniscus surgery that left me with an unstable knee&ankle.After seeing over 25 physicians who told me there was nothing medically wrong. I was referred to Dr. Ducic by my chiro. He spent the time going over my case and I never felt rushed. I felt heard& supported. I ended up having two nerve surgeries with Dr. Ducic and after surgery I have regained normal function. I even got to run and thanks to him, I have the chance to return to my sport
Taylor in Seattle , WA – Jul 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ivica Ducic, MD?
He told me that my surgery was sucessful however.now i can not even walk
Alexandria – Apr 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ivica Ducic, MD?
Dr Ducic solved my problem which was decade-long and very painful. He is a skilled surgeon and answered all of questions beforehand. Very much recommended!
Mar 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ivica Ducic, MD?
I was miserable before seeing Dr. Ducic, having suffered 9 months of horrible issues after being a victim of a car crash. I had seen doctors of every specialty, none of whom were able to solve my problems. Dr. Ducic is very knowledgeable, full of statistics, and empathetic, having survived a car crash himself. The surgery he performed was a huge success! I have very little pain; my vision has been restored; and, my sound & light sensitivities are greatly reduced. I highly recommend Dr. Ducic.
Wendy Hefter in Baltimore – Dec 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ivica Ducic, MD?
I am extremely excited to write about Dr. Ducic. For ten years following a craniotomy, I experienced fierce pain along the incision scars, affecting my entire head. From the moment we met, I knew Dr. Ducic’s priority was to fix the problem and improve my quality of life. Because of Dr. Ducic, I am now pain-free and living a better life. Consulting Dr. Ducic was the best decision I made regarding my condition. If you are in pain, I enthusiastically suggest you contact Dr. Ducic.
George Bonina Jr. in Burke, VA – Dec 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ivica Ducic, MD?
My name is Ralph, living in Europe and it was around January 2015 when I got a sharp pain in the right side of the back of my head(ON). Consequence was that before I was very active and now forced to be 24 hours in bed. I did not find any doctor in Europe who could help me but after researching I found the best doctor who listed to my problem, and really took action to make my life liveable again. The resection operation rehab was hard, but my pain level now decreased from a 10 to a 3. Thank you
ralph in Rotterdam – Sep 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ivica Ducic, MD?
Dr. Ducic is the best of the best! Not only does he take a personal interest in patients, but he listens and is never in a hurry to end an appointment. He cured my nephropathy through nerve decompression surgery and I couldn't be more thrilled. The best part is that Dr. Ducic was just as thrilled about my recovery as I was. He went above and beyond with my treatment and care, even giving me his personal cell phone number and calling me the night after surgery to ask me how I felt.
Suzanne in Alexandria, VA – Aug 18, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ivica Ducic, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Ducic?

• Peripheral Nerve Surgery

1991
University Zagreb Med Fak Zagreb Croatia

• Croatian

Common Questions and Answers

• Does Dr. Ducic communicate via email?

No users have indicated that Dr. Ducic communicates via email

• Does Dr. Ducic offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Ducic offers telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Dr. Ducic offer an online patient portal?

No users have indicated that Dr. Ducic offers an online patient portal

• Does Dr. Ducic have free onsite parking?

No users have indicated that Dr. Ducic has free onsite parking

• Does Dr. Ducic offer weekend visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Ducic offers weekend visits

• Does Dr. Ducic offer evening visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Ducic offers evening visits