Dr. Ivan Cohen, MD

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Connecticare

Learn about Dr. Cohen

See how frequently Dr. Cohen performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Hair Loss
Skin Infections
Dermatitis

Dr. Cohen's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Dermatology
  • Hair Transplant Surgery

• Dermatology
    Accredited by: American Board of Dermatology*

• Actinic Keratosis
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Itchy Skin
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lyme Disease
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Plantar Wart
  • Warts

• Destruction of Benign Skin Lesion
  • Destruction of Malignant Skin Lesion
  • Excision of Skin Cancer
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

• Tufts University
  • Montefiore Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1968
  • Yale-New Haven Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1973

Dr. Cohen has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Cohen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cohen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Cohen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cohen to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Cohen's Performance
Fairfield, CT |
Dr Cohn and his experienced long term staff are great! I? had a hair transplant six months ago and the result is more than I? expected. You can’t see the donor scar even if you look for it. The new growth is slow and natural. Wow! Why did I? wait so long. Dr Cohn please don’t retire! Doubt it cause I? asked him and he replied...why would I? , I? love what I? do. Well it shows and THANK YOU!
in Wilton, CT |
If you're thinking about a hair transplant & searching for the right Dr. to do it STOP, you've found him! I've had a handful procedures over the years, all done by Dr. Cohen. He and his staff are the BEST! Attention to detail, ease of communication, comfort level, friendly professional staff, all top notch. Members of the staff have been with him many, many years. Why is that important? They work great as a team. And it tells me he treats his crew as well as he treats his patients. The Best!
in Guilford, CT |
Had a very good experience. Would highly recommend.
Stamford, CT |
I had a hair transplant procedure with Dr. Cohen in October. The results were terrific and very natural looking. His staff was very knowledgeable and Dr. Cohen made sure everything was satisfactory, including follow up visits. I would highly recommend Dr. Cohen to anyone.
in Cheshire, CT |
i had a procedure done and i was very anxious. he explained everything well, calmed me down. and was very professional with a great bedside manner. he called twice and asked my husband how i was doing.dr cohen was wonderful.
Westport, CT |
I've had 3 hair transplants with different surgeons in the past 10 years and although the results were ok, the experiences were horrible. I came to Dr. Cohen, as I am familiar and trust the Fairfield Dermotology practice, and had the 4th. From the start of the procedure, Dr. Cohen and his staff were, by far, the most professional and caring that I have experienced. The team, knowing my trepidation, looked after my every concern. I only regret not coming to Dr. Cohen 10 years ago.
Greenwich, CT |
Today I had my second hair replacement surgery by Dr. Cohen. I could not be happier with the entire experience. Dr. Cohen spent a lot of time with me explain the process, again, and he was very supportive. Dr, Cohen and his staff continually checked on my comfort level throughout the procedure. His nurses are extreemley efficient and caring. If I need to have surgery again, I will go back to Dr, Cohen.
in Shelton, CT |
Dr. Ivan S. Cohen, MD and all his staff are absolutely the best! They are all the most knowledgeable and personable professionals. Dr. Cohen expertly performed two hair transplants for me in 2016. Before the transplants, I was extremely sparse of hair on both the front and crown of my head. Now in 2017, I have a full head of hair! I am completely satisfied with my new, permanent, and natural hair! If you are experiencing hair loss, please contact Dr. Cohen. You will love your new hair!
in Fairfield, CT |
MD is very knowledgeable, staff is friendly
Danbury, CT |
Good bedside manner, on time and spends time needed with him. Has always accommodated me with appointments.
in Fairfield, CT |
I've been a patient of Dr Cohen for over 10 years. He treats me for Alopecia Areata. When my hair loss first began, it was very severe and devastating. Dr Cohen has always been very supportive, understanding and encouraging with me. He has designed a treatment plan specifically for me. He understands the unusual way my immune system reacts. He was able to successfully treat my alopecia. I will always be grateful to him and his excellent care, without his expertise, my hair would be gone.
in NY |
Very knowledgeable in his field, excellent nurses, courteous staff. They are incredibly busy, so sometimes things feel rushed, but overall very good experience. Michelle particularly was incredibly patient about answering questions, taking time to listen and advise, and being empathic and kind. Dr. Cohen does have a wait sometimes, but he also stays well after office hours to see everyone and takes the time when he needs to.
in Norwalk, CT |
I've been going to Dr. Cohen for years and it's always a terrific experience. I highly recommend him.
Cortlandt Manor, NY |
Dr Cohen is an extremely caring physician. I've had several terrific experiences with him and his staff. I would highly recommend him.
in Fairfield, CT |
Outstanding, caring, brilliant physician.
Have you seen Dr. Ivan Cohen, MD?
Are you Dr. Cohen?