Dr. Ivan Aksentijevich, MD

Dr. Ivan Aksentijevich, MD

Medical Oncology  ·
Dr. Ivan Aksentijevich, MD is a medical oncology specialist in Alexandria, VA and has been practicing for 15 years. He graduated from University Of Belgrade in 1986 and specializes in medical oncology, hematology, and more.Read his story

4660 Kenmore Ave Ste 1018

Alexandria, VA 22304

• Anthem
  • CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • CoreSource

Learn about Dr. Aksentijevich

See how frequently Dr. Aksentijevich performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Multiple Myeloma
Prostate Cancer

Dr. Aksentijevich's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Aksentijevich's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Aksentijevich "After working as a research scientist at the National Cancer Institute in Bethesda, MD, Dr. Aksentijevich completed a 3-year residency program in Internal Medicine, followed by a 3-year fellowship in Medical Oncology and Hematology. He has been in private practice with the Virginia Cancer Specialists for more than 12 years. At the National Cancer Institute, his area of research focused on malignant hematology. This interest continued during his training at Johns Hopkins University where he cared for patients afflicted with various types of lymphomas, myelomas, leukemias and other malignant hematologic disorders. He was involved in several studies and published many articles in peered-reviewed journals. Dr. Ivan Aksentijevich is board certified in both Medical Oncology and Hematology. He is the current chair of the department of Medicine, the chair of the Cancer Committee and the Director of the Blood Bank Committee, all at Alexandria Hospital."

• Medical Oncology

• All Lymphoma
  • Burkitt's Lymphoma
  • Central Nervous System Lymphoma
  • Cholangiocarcinoma
  • Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML)
  • Gallbladder and Biliary Tract Cancer
  • Gallbladder Cancer
  • Hodgkin's Disease
  • Larynx Conditions
  • Lymphoma
  • Lymphoma, Large-Cell
  • Macroglobulinemia (incl. Waldenstrom's )
  • Marginal Zone Lymphoma
  • Primary Central Nervous System Lymphoma
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Reticulosarcoma
  • Secondary Hypertension
  • Throat Cancer (Hypopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Oropharyngeal)
  • Thrombosis
  • Tonsil Cancer

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• University Belgrade Sch Med
  • Medical Oncology Johns Hopkins Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2003
  • Biotechnology Fellowship National Cancer Institute In Bethesda, MD
    Other Education | Completed 1996

Dr. Aksentijevich has no media or publications listed.

• Bosnian
  • Croatian
  • French
  • Serbian

Dr. Aksentijevich does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Aksentijevich and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Aksentijevich's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Aksentijevich to family and friends

Dr. Aksentijevich's Performance

Dr. Aksentijevich Says:

I would like to thank all my patients and family for providing feedback that will be shared with others.

You feedback is valued and will help me continuously improve the patient's care and experience in my practice.

Please do not hesitate to contact me or my staff at (571) 483-1800 if you have a concern.

Thank you.

Dr. Ivan Aksentijevich

Dr. Akentijevich is an incredibly knowledgeable, deeply caring and kind doctor. As an oncologist he has to give patients difficult news at times. My experience is that he has always been respectful, kind and honest. He answers all my questions carefully and I trust him completely.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Ivan Aksentijevich is an attentive, intelligent, knowledgeable, and extremely compassionate doctor. He saved my life and was exceptional in all aspects of my treatment on every occasion. I came to him with a very complicated situation and through it all, he provided excellent empathy, advocacy,...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I was very disappointed. He did not give me the chance to ask my questions, he cut me off, made me feel inferior and basically "dismissed" me. I felt very mistreated, upset and frustrated. My respect for Drs in the U.S has diminished drastically after this visit.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

Thank you for your feedback. At Virginia Cancer Specialists, we want to provide exceptional care to every patient, and we take complaints very seriously. Individuals with issues or concerns are advised to please contact our Executive Director at (703) 280-5390 so we can work to resolve your concerns.

He is very nice, he takes his time with you, let's you know everything about your health and his plans to how he is going to help you. There are few times where we just walked in and he was kind enough to see us. I am so glad he is taking care of my dad.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Intelligent, knowledgeable, personable. The best patient's advocate. I completely trust him. There should me more docs like him.