Dr. Ivan Ackerman, MD

Dr. Ackerman
Telehealth services available

Tampa Bay Pulmonary Medicine PA

402 NOLAND DR Brandon, FL 33511

Dr. Ivan Ackerman, MD is a Critical Care Medicine Specialist in Brandon, FL and has over 41 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from U Central del Este medical school in 1980. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Brandon Regional Hospital and South Florida Baptist Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Ackerman to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Critical Care Medicine Specialists in your area

• Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check if Dr. Ackerman treats your condition or procedure

• Acute Pharyngitis
  • Acute Upper Respiratory Infection
  • Adrenal Gland Cancer
  • Anal and Rectal Cancer
  • Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
  • Asbestosis
  • Bronchitis
  • Bronchoscopy
  • Capsular Contracture of Breast Implant
  • Cholecystitis and Gallstones
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Cough
  • Osteosarcoma
  • Partial Lung Collapse
  • Peripheral Arterial Aneurysm
  • Peripheral Arterial Aneurysm and Dissection
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Phlebitis and Thrombophlebitis
  • Ventral Hernia
  • Wegener's Granulomatosis
  • Wheezing

Dr. Ackerman accepts

Dr. Ackerman accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

Dr. Ackerman's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Ackerman

2.7

Dr. Ackerman?
Arrived at 2:50 for my 3:00 appointment and Dr Ackerman's gatekeeper, Brittany, accosted me outside in the parking lot in front of his office. She walked up to me with a maskless scowl and said: "who are you?" . I was stunned and wasn't sure who or why she came out of the building to question me. So I asked, "who are you"? She did not answer. Mumbled some people get lost. Obviously, I wasn't lost. Then before we even entered the office, she says: "put your mask on". It went downhill from there. She was either having a bad day or has an inherent mean attitude. The waiting room was full and every one there was seen by Dr Ackerman , including 3 people who arrived AFTER I came in. It was at 3:40 that I realized Brittany had pushed everyone through except me. She falsely claimed my appointment was 3:20, I told her no- it was 3:00. I was not called for either. I told her to give me my papers back; to delete all my info from her computer. She is the reason DR lost me as a new patient.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Apr 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ivan Ackerman, MD?
We called Dr. Ackermans office on Monday to double check my dads appointment. They told us it was one o’clock on Wednesday. When we went up there to check in, they told my father that the appointment was for 2pm. The girl at the window talked down to him like he was a child!! When we told her that we checked on the appointment and were told it was for one o’clock, she said we were wrong and that we were lying to her. So my dad walked out and she hollered and said he would have to pay for the appointment anyway. On our previous appointment we waited for five hours for Dr Ackerman to see us. This office is so unprofessional in the way they treat patients.
Big red – Apr 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ivan Ackerman, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Ackerman to address a possible issue. Medically, all systems are go; however, I have found that Dr. Ackerman does not listen and he talks fast as though your time with him is an impossion. Lately I have found that there is a serious disconnect between the Drs. and their staff. I have twice received a threatening letter about a $75.06 balance which has not once been mentioned nor have a received any other communication about it. In hindsight, I would not have gone to Dr. Ackerman knowing what I know now.
Scott C. Miller – Mar 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ivan Ackerman, MD?
The doctor is fine but the staff is incompetent. Problems with medical records as well as recording insurance payments. Every visit was a nightmare of some type. We are changing doctors.
Mar 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ivan Ackerman, MD?
Dr. Ackerman is a brilliant doctor, a caring doctor, and a doctor that can save your life. I am his patient and I will remain his patient until the day he retires. If I'm Ill and a bed and unable to speak I want to be able to open my eyes and see this doctor standing by my bed.
Cynthia Ballard – Dec 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ivan Ackerman, MD?
I've known Dr. Ackerman for quite a while and he is very personable and upfront.
Mar 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ivan Ackerman, MD?
The doctor is arrogant, his office manager is a blatant liar. Childish is the word that best describes the both of them. I told them I was never returning and they wasted $7 on a certified letter to tell me they would no longer treat me, and that they would forward my medical records if requested due to a missed appointment. Really? 1. I never missed an appointment and 2. I already told them to kick rocks! FYI the last time I was there there was ants crawling all over the room I was waiting in.
Dec 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ivan Ackerman, MD?
This place is disgusting and dingy; the staff is rude; Dr. Ackerman is arrogant and rude. During initial visit the new patient questionnaire wasn't ever discussed with me; without knowing anything about me he told me he'd have to fit me w/a CPAP machine by only looking down my throat and citing I had a narrow throat; on my follow up apt they had all the wrong information about me on my chart; it had me down for 6 conditions that I do not suffer; needless to say, I'll be getting a second opinion.
Brandon, FL – Sep 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ivan Ackerman, MD?
Dr. Ackerman is one of the best Doctor's I have seen. He knew Exactly how to treat my medical condition and is very knowledgeable physician. I will definitely refer him to anyone that may need a pulmonologist.
Jessica in seffner, fl – May 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ivan Ackerman, MD?
I would quickly recommend Dr. Ackerman for Pulmonary problems. I found Dr. Ackerman in all of my visits to be warm, inviting, and very pleasant - as was his staff. He relaxed my anxious 'self' on my very first visit after being diagnosed Afib. NS
Niita Shaw in Plant City, FL – Mar 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ivan Ackerman, MD?
He has been my provider for both my husband and I since 2001 for both pulmonary and sleep best doctor here in Brandon even other doctors prefer him as their provider and that says a lot.
Gina in Brandon, FL – Feb 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ivan Ackerman, MD?
Dr. Ackerman's office visits are about 10 minutes long. He indicates that he is required to have follow up every three months but each time the longest you are in the office with him is ten minutes. You will wait to see him on average of thirty minutes while they see as many patients as possible and meet with drug reps. The office manager is rude and went so far as to hang up on me. I've been a patient for 10+ years but will no longer deal w/the rude staff or him only wanting to bill insurance.
Tampa, FL – Jun 30, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ivan Ackerman, MD?
Very Knowledgable and compassionate. Did answer all my questions and help me with my sleep disorders. Would recommend him to family and friends. Was able to get in within a week while the other pulmonologist in the areas were not flexibles. Staff was pleasant .
Ruth Zana in Sarasota, FL – Feb 08, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ivan Ackerman, MD?
The rudest most incompetent staff and Doctor I have ever experienced. Every visit is plagued with problems and there is no follow up on what is supposed to be done. The doctor has treated me like a child even though I'm in my 30s and consistently has the wrong information on me as a patient. He also does not stay up to date on clinical research for sleep disorders. I felt like I was the doctor schooling his each time I saw him. Run from this office. I've also waited over two hours for an appt.
New York, NY – Jan 27, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ivan Ackerman, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Ackerman?

• Critical Care Medicine