Dr. Itzhak Haimovic, MD

Dr. Itzhak Haimovic, MD

Clinical Neurophysiology | Male | 65 years old

64 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Narrow your results

Dr. Haimovic specializes in Clinical Neurophysiology and practices in Great Neck, NY. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Haimovic? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Haimovic's Experience

See how Dr. Haimovic's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Haimovic

Dr. Haimovic accepts 17 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Haimovic has admitting privileges.

Dr. Haimovic's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Haimovic to family and friends
3.1
Dr. Haimovic's Performance
Cliffside Park, NJ |
I already have recommended Dr. Haimovic to many people. I had terrible migraines for years. I was recommended to him and now I receive injections to prevent migraines. I am a totally new person. I have been told he is the best neurologist on Long Island, and I agree. I have moved to New Jersey and I still travel to see this doctor. He is amazing.
Westbury, NY |
First, I would never recommend this doctor to anyone! His practice is a complete meat market which triple book the day, in order to copay to collect. If you cancel less than 24 hrs they bill you. Obviously the Drs. time is much more precious than yours, waiting time is an average of 4 to 5 hrs at min. The staff is completely incompetent. I have gone in for my monthly procedure, waited 4 in a half hours and then turned me away. Their excuse was prior authorization which I already had.
in East Northport, NY |
Although Dr. Haimovic is a fantastic Neurologist, his eagerness to earn money over takes his patient's care. He double and triple books his patients, according to his staff and has no problem having you wait 3 to 4 hours to be seen!! I travel over an hour to see him, and then need to wait for hours to be seen. One office visit is like a full day at work. It's exhausting! On top of that, His office staff is rude, unfriendly, hostile, and they do not follow up with phone calls.
Long Island |
Waited 3 and a half hours in the office before I saw him. Very nice man but the wait was very long. Only seen for 5 minutes to just have tests ordered. i was disappointed.
in Nesconset, NY |
Dr. Haimovic is the best physician I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. He is thorough, caring and above all knowledgable and professional. He provided me with a diagnosis and took the time to explain how his conclusions were reached. He gave me the reassurance I needed and explained the importance of enjoying life to the fullest no matter what obstacles come our way. Best of all, he cured my back pain and I can move around like I did 10 years ago! He is truly the best of the best.
in Oyster bay |
He is a top doctor. He ruled out many things to determine what my problems were. Number one in my book
in Bayside, NY |
A real professional. I read the very bad reviews about waiting times, but since he was so highly recommended by my excellent cardiologist, I bit the bullet and made an early appointment. He is extraordinary. He spent a lot of time with me, giving all kinds of hands-on tests, listening, asking questions, etc. His staff was excellent. I was able to schedule an MRI for the same day. He met with me that same day to review the results and discuss a treatment plan. IT DOESN'T GET BETTER.
Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Haimovic is a great doctor! Very throrough and does a great job explaining. He makes you feel very comfortable and gets to the point. As for his staff, they are very rude. They do not have any manners and are very difficult to deal with. Wish the experience would have been different.
in Bellmore NY |
I visited several doctors because of the pain in my neck. No one was able to diagnose my condition until I visited Dr.. Haimovic. He explained I had torticollis and began treating me immediately. I am finally seeing some positive results
in Garden City, NY |
The worst Doctor experience I have ever had. I waited 4 1/2 hours in the waiting room. He has a good reputation, but he WAY overbooks, intentionally. All the other patients were complaining, and the office staff was rude and condescending. It happens every time. There are plenty of good Neurologists out there, that have more respect for the patient. My last visit.
Have you seen Dr. Itzhak Haimovic, MD?
Are you Dr. Haimovic?

Dr. Haimovic's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Clinical Neurophysiology
  •  Board certified in Clinical Neurophysiology and Neurology

Dr. Haimovic has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Haimovic's Board Certifications

• Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Lyme Disease
  • Meningiomas
  • Menstrual Migraine
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors
  • Postherpetic Neuralgia
  • Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
  • Restless Leg Syndrome
  • Seizure Disorders
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Stroke
  • Subdural Hemorrhage
  • Syncope
  • Syphilis Infections
  • Thrombosis
  • Tic Disorders
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

Columbia University / College Of Physicians and Surgeons

Completed in 1981

• Hebrew
  • Romanian

Dr. Haimovic does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Haimovic and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Clinical Neurophysiology