Dr. Israel Hartman, MD

Hartman Israel MD Office

501 Rita Ln Ste 113 Arlington, TX 76014

Se habla Español

Se habla Español

Dr. Israel Hartman, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism specialist in Arlington, TX and has been practicing for 23 years. He graduated from UCIMED, in 1989 and specializes in endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism.

Dr. Hartman accepts

Dr. Hartman accepts the following insurance:

Ambetter
Superior Health Plan
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Blue Choice
Preferred PPO

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Hartman's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Phosphorus Metabolism Disorders

2.4

Dr. Hartman?
Dr. Hartman's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Israel Hartman, MD
I moved here from other state. Dr. Hartman will not prescribe a particular rx for my thyroid. I went downhill and became sick. He also has terrible bedside manners. I never went back to him. Beware!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Israel Hartman, MD?
Dr Hartman was nice the first two visits... but on the third he decided it was okay to tell me I was not as sick as half his patients and I had no reason to be depressed about it. He basically yelled at me for 10 minutes and induced a panic attack.. which was really fun. Never went back because who wants to be put through that again? Save yourself the trouble and don't see him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Israel Hartman, MD?
March 1, 2019 - Does he still have a practice? I called the office four different times to request an appointment as a new patient. Three calls went direct to voicemail. Never a response or call back. One call was answered by someone who immediately transferred me to another line that just rang and rang. What a joke. Move along - Nothing to see here.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Israel Hartman, MD?
Doctor is good - when you can reach him - but the staff is the worst I've ever experienced. (I have a chronic illness, so that's sayin' sumthin'.) I experienced two sets of staff, finally left his practice. Doc canceled twice, once without any notice. It's the only time a Doc has stood me up! No explanation, just a long drive for nothing. Since he's the only doctor in the practice, he's solely responsible for his staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Israel Hartman, MD?
This doctor told me I didn't need a test for type 1 diabetes because it was "too expensive" ran the test and billed my insurance anyway, never gave me the positive diagnosis until I requested the test again and he could no longer conceal that it had already been completed. He knew I had type 1 diabetes but kept treating me as if I had type 2. I could have died.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Israel Hartman, MD?
love Dr. Hartman!! He comes off as a bit brash at the beginning but he is a fantastic doctor. I am amazed at my weight loss results with him and am hopefully for my hormonal future. He is very knowledgeable about his specialty and is very blunt about your diagnosis and treatment plan which I appreciated. He went above and beyond to make sure I had received the right treatment plan. I was tickled that he even called on a Saturday to make sure my treatment plan was safe. No doctor has ever done
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Israel Hartman, MD?
I have been Dr. Hartman's patient for over 12 years. I owe him a whole lot of thanks for he has taken care of my health like a close family member would do. He is totally competent, professional, and caring. I whole heatedly recommend him. I am not even interested in pursuing any other doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Israel Hartman, MD?
Doctor is very knowledgeable but has terrible bedside manner. Admin staff are friendly but totally incompetent. Over the past three and a half years there has been so many errors made with my care that I have finally lost patience. Will be looking for another endocrinologist
Wendy thank you for your comment, I indeed care...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Israel Hartman, MD?
What a shame for a diabetes doctor not to want to take care of his patient, and ask him to leave his office, despite having received payment of the service in advance. And what pride, haughtiness and abuse of authority of his manager to take this payment on account of a supposed balance that never existed; I deplore his staff turnover, lack of organization and control in your administrative system. His service, attention and courtesy to the patient is very poor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Israel Hartman, MD?
Not a very good doctor for Diabetes only knows ptoducts he is use to. Had no idea what to do with my pump and wanted to put me on an omnipod. Didn't even try anything to help me get in the right direction to take better control of my blood sugars.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Israel Hartman, MD?
Very unprofessional staff. Hard to get anyone on the phone, or responses to voicemails. Front desk staff didn't apply any charges to my insurance resulting in a ridiculous Bill I've had to rectify. Staff is Very rude and incompetent. Wait time is awful... I've had to wait up to 1.5 hours for scheduled appointments. Dr. Hartman is a good doctor, but not very personable.
Thank you for your comment, I indeed care very...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Israel Hartman, MD?
Wow! I have been seeing Dr Hartman since I was diagnosed with diabetes in April of 2015. Every quarter when I come in for my check up he has a different staff. I chose him because my husband has been patient of his since 2002. From 2002 to 2015 he had a great office staff that got you in and out of the office in record time. But, now the wait is extremely long and the staff has zero customer service skills via the phone or face to face. I called today and was very disappointed; again.
Thank you for your review, I indeed care very...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Israel Hartman, MD?
Dr. Hartman listened to all of my complaints and was eager to work with me to find the best solution to a complicated situation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Israel Hartman, MD?
Truly one of the worst docs I have ever had. It's like he's not there, when he is there. He doesn't acknowledge you, doesn't hardly speak to you, and then just advises of yet another test that he thinks you need. You start to feel more like a cash cow than a patient. It's not that you feel like he is being thorough, but just suggesting tests that he does "in office" which I found a bit off-putting. Over the course of a two year doctors/patient relationship, I think he spoke 10 words to me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Israel Hartman, MD?
Dr. Hartman and his staff are the best! They are always prompt and are careful to not make their patients wait past their appointment times. I have received excellent care from Dr. Hartman and appreciate his thoroughness with my treatment plan.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Israel Hartman, MD?
Staff is great. The new office manager has made a lot of changes for the better and the nurses are so sweet. Dr. Hartman still wants to spend very little time in the room with me even though I have several questions. I am confident in Dr. Hartman's knowledge but unsatisfied with his bedside manners.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Israel Hartman, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Hartman?

I place patients care first and maintain a high level of understanding of the multiple complex medical conditions that I treat. My office is well know to go the extra mile in order to help patients in need.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• GOLDEN SWAN GANZ AWARD, 1993
  • GOOD CLINICAL RESEARCH PRACTICE, 2009
  • CUM LAUDE, 1986
  • BEST DOCTORS, 2009

• INSULIN ANALOGS IMPACT ON TREATMENT SUCCESS, SATISFACTION, QUALITY OF LIFE, AND ADHERENCE, 2008

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Hartman treats patients.