Dr. Islam Abujubara, MD

Dr. Islam Abujubara, MD

Neurology | Male

IMS Neurology 9250 N 3rd St Ste 2007 Phoenix, AZ 85020 Get Directions

Neurologic conditions require a personalized approach that includes the patient, family and physician. It is our philosophy to address all aspects of patient care including diagnostic testing, treatment planning and quality of daily living.

Dr. Islam Abujubara, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Phoenix, AZ. He has been practicing for 12 years. Dr. Abujubara is affiliated with HonorHealth John C. Lincoln Medical Center.

Dr. Abujubara's Experience

See how Dr. Abujubara's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Abujubara

Dr. Abujubara accepts 15 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Abujubara has admitting privileges.

Dr. Abujubara's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Abujubara to family and friends
3.1
Dr. Abujubara's Performance
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Office is busy, many people in waiting room. Staff was ok, nothing fancy. Doctor AJ was nice and kept a good smile He seemed rush because too many people wants to see him but still gave me time to answer all my questions and was able to prove to me that I do not have epilepsy after extensive testing
in Avondale, AZ |
Dr. AJ was able to diagnose my vision problems I had for 2 years. I i was about to have surgery for eyelids when I saw him and he ordered testing and diagnosed me with myasthenia gravis and gave me medications and I no longer see double vision. I am grateful for his knowledge and experience. He usually runs late and has many patients in waiting room waiting for him but it was worth the wait.
Worst experience EVER with a neurologist who claims to be "familiar" with multiple sclerosis. I've had MS for 19 years. I was seeking help from Dr. Aj for a relapse. He had the gall to ask me "is this possibly all in your head?You need to see a psycho-therapist". Wait, what?After 5 months, my second opinion confirmed I was having a relapse & treated it, exactly the way I asked Dr Aj to treat it.Dr Aj refused to listen to me.He did the incorrect tests.He's insensitive and he's a horrible? Dr.
After completing a battery of tests Dr AJ couldn't be bothered to see me. On my next visit to his office I was forced to see a physicians assistant because he was too busy. The PA knew nothing about me other than my name. Avoid this doctor if you are looking for proper follow through of your medical condition.
Thank you for your feedback. I am the practice manager at IMS Neurology. I am sorry you feel this way, this is not the type of service that we aim to deliver. Dr. AJ would like for you to contact me in regards to this issue. Please contact me @ 602-633-3780 so that I may address your concerns, I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you, Curt
Concerns were addressed thoroughly and promptly. Staff very helpful and friendly. Every appt. was pleasant
I am feeling no pain....without any invasive procedure......and I am grateful for that! I would ask that all my options be presented up front, and let's discuss which is best.....once I did clarify that I wanted to explore other options besides invasive ones, they were all outlined and I could participate in the strategy.
I love coming to this IMS Neurology office. The staff are super nice, and very accommodating of my time. I appreciate the joviality of my interactions with everyone here.
in Phoenix, Arizona |
he is very confident , aware about his patient profile , his clinic was busy and that indicates for the good treatment he provides , the staff were very nice , but i had to wait for 15 minutes to enter
in Phoenix, Arizona |
he was very helpful , i visited 3 doctors before and none of them had the right diagnosis for me , but he did
in Phoenix, AZ |
I was referred to Dr. Abujubara by my primary care doctor. I have only good things to say - he's kind, attentive and solved my problem in 2 visits. His staff is friendly and professional. No problems with wait times on phone or in person. He was on schedule for my initial appointment, my testing, and my follow-up appointments. I have an extensive medical history and was pleasantly surprised during my follow-up appt. when he asked me about test results unrelated to my visit with him. Very nice.
in Glendale, AZ |
Busy place and many patients in waiting room. Doctor was little behind schedule but he was pleasant and gave me time to ask all questions. We had a plan and staff took care of scheduling tests but it took long to do testing mainly because of insurance issues. My pain is better and overall I think Dr AJ did a good job
in Phoenix az |
Office is busy and many patients want to see the doctor. He was nice , confident and had a smile on his face while talling to us. He made clear plan and staff took care of scheduling. Sone tests needed time to be done because of insurance autherization pending but office staff took cate of it. I feel better now and pain is much less with medications he gave me. If you want a compassionate doctor he is one of them
in Phoenix, AZ |
Impatient Jerk. He didn't spend any time listening to me, then was shocked that his hypothesis was incorrect. he called me crazy when he was wrong. Rude, incompetent staff was unable to get any diagnostics approved by my insurance, and tried to trick me into signing a $13K promissory note to pay for a procedure that my insurance HAD APPROVED and was paying for in total! To top it off, his office repeatedly refused to send my chart to another doctor until I showed up in person.. unprofessional
in Phoenix |
Very nice and professional Doctor Staff friendly Office very busy
in Phoenix, AZ |
Unprofessional. Dr. AJ never listened to my concerns; rude and abrupt, as well as staff. The wait per apt is between 1-3 hrs after check-in to be seen. Their phone's do NOT work. Can't call to schedule/change apts. I had a EEG done that left me in pain for a week because I could not get thru to the office for help. When I brought this up to the manager, he admitted their phones haven't worked for over a year and it would be a few more months before repairs. I have filed a medical complaint.
in Phoenix, AZ |
I would highly recommend Dr. AJ. He takes the time to explain things in layman's terms. He takes the time to listen to questions and answers appropriately. Even though his waiting room is full, when he's with me, it feels like he has all the time in the world to answer any questions that I have. Believe me, I'm never without questions. It shows he's a health advocate for me to ensure my health continues to be strong.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Abujubara is a great physician. He listen to all my concerns and addressed them with the best care he could. He was very patient and understanding. He takes great care and is extremely thorough. He is a great Doctor would recommend him to everyone for sure.
in Phoenix, AZ |
confident, humane, and empathetic are important traits, every doctor should have, and luckely doctor Abujubara has them all and show these traits every time i visit his office . staff, and office environment are friendly and beyond highly recommended
in Tempe, AZ |
i'm not the kind of patient who would go online and write reviews about my physicians, however, when I read the previous review about doctor Abujubara I though wait, this is unfair review and it is misleading and i have to share my personal experience with the rest of you i was referred to doctor AJ by my PCP to treat my chronic margarine. my first visit to the office was smooth and staff members were compassionate. the doctor was a good listener and showed empathy !!!!
in Phoenix, AZ |
This place is a joke. Every visit I had there was an over 45 minute wait past my appointment time and usually a lobby packed so no where to sit. Saturday visits are no better for wait time. The receptionist is beyond rude but then again so is half the staff. The Doctor didnt really listen to my concerns and has zero bedside manner. I will also be filing a medical complaint for other issues. I would never recommend this Doctor to anybody as I will be finding a new Neurology Doctor.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
I waited more than an hour on my first appointment. Office visit lasted 5 minutes, enough time to schedule the next appointment for the testing. Poor bedside manner, no communication, no explanations, painful testing, and no preparation for testing. There is nothing about this experience that would give me confidence in the quality of the diagnostic testing. If referred, I would suggest requesting someone else.
in Phoenix, AZ |
I was referred to Dr. AJ. by my family Dr., whom I highly trust, for migraine headaches & memory loss. Upon first meeting, Dr. AJ introduced himself, made eye contact & shook my hand. Dr. AJ took the time to listen to what I was telling him, gave me individualized attention & helped me without ordering tons of unnecessary, costly tests. Dr. AJ stays in contact with me, checks up on my progress & is sincerely happy that I am no longer suffering! I truly appreciate the quality level of service!
in Glendale, az |
My first encounter with this so called doctor AJ was his rude receptionist who yelled at me for not having a referral which I didn't know I needed then I met the rude condescending Dr who yell at me that he would have to ask my old doctor for test results and then proceed to tell me I was wasting HIS time I was using him to read results from a test which I was that was the point of me seeing him for a second opinion. After 5 minutes of being treated like a 5 year old I walked out of the office.
Phoenix, AZ |
The practice first kept me waiting 45 minutes past my appointment time. Doctor I saw knew nothing about the need for a nerve test, so it was wasted time. Second appointment kept me waiting 1 hour. Dr. AJ has no bedside manner. He was abrupt, explained nothing, and subjected me to a painful nerve test without warning of what was to come. I wouldn't recommend him to anyone.
Have you seen Dr. Islam Abujubara, MD?

Compare Dr. Abujubara

}

Dr. Abujubara's Care Philosophy

Dr. Abujubara's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurology
  •  Board certified in Neurology
  •  Malpractice claims in Arizona not available

Dr. Abujubara has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

Why It Matters: Dr. Abujubara's Board Certifications

• Cerebral Palsy
  • Cerebral Vascular Disease
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chiari's Deformity
  • Chorea (Excluding Huntington's Chorea)
  • Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuritis
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Meningiomas
  • Menstrual Migraine
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Myoclonus
  • Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors
  • Thrombosis
  • Tic Disorders
  • Torticollis
  • Tourette's Syndrome
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

Graduated in 2005

University Of Arkansas

Completed in 2011

• Arabic

Dr. Abujubara does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Abujubara and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurology